When the question is posed -- who is the oddest comic book character... -- we often see several answers. There's the classic Arm Fall Off Boy, the inevitable Matter Eater Lad and every so often, the gem known as Codpiece. Recently I've delved into the oddity that is the Doom Patrol and during this venture I came across the only issue that this well-endowed warrior of villainy appeared in -- Doom Patrol #70 - The Laughing Game.
Thus, I've taken it upon myself to collect all of this man's fantastic feats in this respect thread so the entire world can tremble at the name -- CODPIECE!
Table of Contents
That's right folks - Codpiece only has three sections.
1.0 - Origins
Codpiece was once an average man, and being such, suffered from an issue that many men suffer time and time again -- the size of his, ahem, manhood. His insecurity took over his life and became amplified after striking out with women time and time again, even after discussing what could be done surgically with a medical professional Codpiece realized he was out of luck... unless... unless he built a power-suit with a massive groin-mounted weapon.
2.0 - Gear & Weaponry
Codpiece and his engineering talents knew no bounds, and thus, his groin featured a wide variety of technological marvels.
- Scans 1 + 2: Uses his blaster cannon to break through a concrete wall to access a bank vault. Then the cannon becomes a drill which he uses to breach the vault.
- Scan 3 + 4: Utilizes a boxing glove accessory to K.O. some cops.
- Scan 5: A giant pair of scissors comes in handy when fighting bandage people! Codpiece also appears to have some claws of sorts that he can use to grip onto things.
- Scans 6 - 8: Codpiece shows off his explosive personality; I mean, uh, he has a rocket launcher accessory that can fire off multiple rockets.
- Scan 9: Turn down for what?! Codpiece turns up the volume when he uses his Ultra Sound attack -- eat your heart out, Klaw!
3.0 - Durability
Codpiece isn't just about mounting an offensive assault; he can take some damage too!
Here we see him get hit in the head by a bullet! I mean... it was a bullet that previously hit a stone column and ricocheted. Okay, so maybe he isn't that hard, I mean, uh, durable.
There you have it folks, a complete respect thread for one of the Doom Patrol's rising stars. If only his run had been a bit longer, then we could marvel at his abilities and that fantastic Codpiece.
To the mods, I apologize that this character is a walking dick-joke. I really do.