Avatar image for thetruebarryallen
Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12844 posts) - - Show Bio

Respect Codpiece

When the question is posed -- who is the oddest comic book character... -- we often see several answers. There's the classic Arm Fall Off Boy, the inevitable Matter Eater Lad and every so often, the gem known as Codpiece. Recently I've delved into the oddity that is the Doom Patrol and during this venture I came across the only issue that this well-endowed warrior of villainy appeared in -- Doom Patrol #70 - The Laughing Game.

Thus, I've taken it upon myself to collect all of this man's fantastic feats in this respect thread so the entire world can tremble at the name -- CODPIECE!

No Caption Provided

Table of Contents

1. Origins
  2. Gear/Weaponry
  3. Durability

That's right folks - Codpiece only has three sections.

1.0 - Origins

Codpiece was once an average man, and being such, suffered from an issue that many men suffer time and time again -- the size of his, ahem, manhood. His insecurity took over his life and became amplified after striking out with women time and time again, even after discussing what could be done surgically with a medical professional Codpiece realized he was out of luck... unless... unless he built a power-suit with a massive groin-mounted weapon.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

2.0 - Gear & Weaponry

Codpiece and his engineering talents knew no bounds, and thus, his groin featured a wide variety of technological marvels.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4Gallery image 5Gallery image 6Gallery image 7Gallery image 8Gallery image 9
  • Scans 1 + 2: Uses his blaster cannon to break through a concrete wall to access a bank vault. Then the cannon becomes a drill which he uses to breach the vault.
  • Scan 3 + 4: Utilizes a boxing glove accessory to K.O. some cops.
  • Scan 5: A giant pair of scissors comes in handy when fighting bandage people! Codpiece also appears to have some claws of sorts that he can use to grip onto things.
  • Scans 6 - 8: Codpiece shows off his explosive personality; I mean, uh, he has a rocket launcher accessory that can fire off multiple rockets.
  • Scan 9: Turn down for what?! Codpiece turns up the volume when he uses his Ultra Sound attack -- eat your heart out, Klaw!

3.0 - Durability

Codpiece isn't just about mounting an offensive assault; he can take some damage too!

No Caption Provided

Here we see him get hit in the head by a bullet! I mean... it was a bullet that previously hit a stone column and ricocheted. Okay, so maybe he isn't that hard, I mean, uh, durable.

Conclusion

There you have it folks, a complete respect thread for one of the Doom Patrol's rising stars. If only his run had been a bit longer, then we could marvel at his abilities and that fantastic Codpiece.

To the mods, I apologize that this character is a walking dick-joke. I really do.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#1 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43147 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#2 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12844 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm doing God's work. Soon this character will reign supreme in the Battle Forums. Move over Fan-Force Flash, CV has a new champion!

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
#3 Posted by AllStarSuperman (43147 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen: For one issue he really does have some good feats. The ability to spam missiles alone should take out a lot of people.

#4 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12844 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: I was genuinely surprised at the amount of gadgets he could fit in that thing -- and you're right, his missile spam is pretty dangerous against a good majority of the lower-street tier.

#5 Edited by Sy8000 (35224 posts) - - Show Bio

Well then.

#6 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12844 posts) - - Show Bio

Well then.

I swear I'll use him in a legitimate match one way or another.

#7 Posted by Sy8000 (35224 posts) - - Show Bio

@highaccuser said:

Well then.

That would honestly be interesting.

I'll be looking out for your Doom Patrol threads, might be interesting to see them in the forums.

#8 Posted by TheTrueBarryAllen (12844 posts) - - Show Bio

@thetruebarryallen said:
@highaccuser said:

Well then.

That would honestly be interesting.

I'll be looking out for your Doom Patrol threads, might be interesting to see them in the forums.

I've got plenty more planned. Some of Morrison's Doom Patrol I'm going to need to re-read before posting about because of how trippy it was. Gotta make sure I get that context right, but there's a ton of fun and interesting characters that'll I'll try and introduce.

#9 Posted by Sy8000 (35224 posts) - - Show Bio