Respect the Wingless Wizard (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect

Introduction

He's mega underrated, that's for sure. Not one RT (not even Reddit, known for having mostly trash RT''s) for Wizard can be found on the internet, despite the fact that his technology is ingenious.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, and I've been collecting all the scans I need to finish this off and show how amazing this guy is in combat and outside of it. Now that's been sorted, I can now display the fruits of my labour. Behold- The Wizard!

Anti Gravity Stuff

No Caption Provided

Faster than Vision (note shocking the Vision whilst intangible) (Avengers Vol. 1 #313)

No Caption Provided

Collapses a building by saturating it with gravitons. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #514)

No Caption Provided

Creates structures that have controlable gravitational fields (Fantastic Four #516)

No Caption Provided

Faster than the Human Torch (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #81)

No Caption Provided

Flies out of a explosion in seconds. (The Avengers #235)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Travels into orbit before Human Torch even reacts (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #38)

No Caption Provided

Travels miles in seconds at maximum power. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #300)

No Caption Provided

Uses anti-gravity on surroundings (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #42)

Database

No Caption Provided

A ton of info on Wizard's capabilities, and gear. (All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #12)

No Caption Provided

Capabilities and intellect. Note how he is placed under Reed and Doom, but is still up there in terms of genius. (Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #14)

Pure Durability of his Battle Suit

No Caption Provided

Survives a direct shock from Electro. (Fantastic Four #218)

No Caption Provided

Survives being tossed through a brick wall. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #81)

No Caption Provided

Takes multiple hits from Carnage while he had advanced dementia, making him defenceless. (Superior Carnage #2)

No Caption Provided

Takes punches from Thing through metal and brick walls (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #301)

No Caption Provided

Takes shots from Wonder Man. (Avengers Vol. 1 #313)

Disks- Guns and Gravity

No Caption Provided

Able to keep the Thunderbolts at bay using a ton of Assault Disks. (Avengers Thunderbolts #3)

No Caption Provided

Are capable of incapacitating Iron Man (in Doom’s armour) even through his force field (Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #29)

No Caption Provided

Uses his disks to create a zero-gravity field and capture Taskmaster and Constrictor. (Deadpool Vol. 1 #35)

No Caption Provided

Lifts a water tower (average 4,000 tons) and launches it at high speed to overtake the Fantasticar (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #81)

No Caption Provided

Lifts and spins an army jeep (Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #42)

No Caption Provided

Multiple Assault Disks keep Reed at bay mid attack. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #516)

No Caption Provided

Sends Ben flying with one of them, in which Wizard states that he'll keep going beyond Earth. (Fantastic Four #129)

No Caption Provided

Tags Spider-Man (Spectacular Spider-Man Vol. 1 #42)

No Caption Provided

Wizard states that his anti gravity disks could hold up a warship. This was while he was using a prototype of this technology- which makes it likely that he can actually do this at present time. (Strange Tales #118)

No Caption Provided

Sends someone flying to space with his anti gravity disks. (Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #29)

Energy Manipulation and Projection

No Caption Provided

Finds and shocks Sue while she's invisible. (Fantastic Four #515)

No Caption Provided

Knocks out Mr Fantastic with a single direct blast. (Fantastic Four #327)

No Caption Provided

Sends Wonder Man to the ground in a crater, which takes him out of the fight for a while. (Avengers Vol. 1 #313)

No Caption Provided

Blasts take Doctor Doom offline temporarily (Infamous Iron Man #6)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

One hit KO's Thing, and then moves fast enough to tag Johnny before he can react. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #94)

Personal Force Field

No Caption Provided

No sells Human Torch's attacks. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #78)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No sells Volcana's room busting attack. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #78)

General Technology and Gear

No Caption Provided

Controls Medusa from his helmet. (FF Vol. 2 #7)

No Caption Provided

Controls Spider-Man to attack the Human Torch. (Marvel Team-Up #2)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Creates a virtual landscape for Spider-Man. (Amazing Spider-Man Vol. 2 #1)

No Caption Provided

This is made more impressive as Wizard uses the Negative Zone to power this machine via dimensional matrix.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Defeats Trapster by trapping him in a terminal time loop. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #515)

No Caption Provided

Intensified Volt Blasts knock out Mr Fantastic. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #78)

No Caption Provided

Kinetic Stabilizer freezes Sue’s force field for 41 minutes. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #515)

No Caption Provided

Makes the Fantastic Four think they cannot use their powers via illusion. (Fantastic Four Vol. 3 #29)

No Caption Provided

Pain gun passes through Sue’s force field and knocks her out. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #547)

No Caption Provided

Puts on his armour remotely and in seconds simply by speaking. (She Hulks #1)

No Caption Provided

Uses a Anti Causality beam to negate the Human Torch’s powers. This is essentially a crazy variant on Scarlet Witch's Hex powers. (Fantastic Four Unlimited #5)

No Caption Provided

Uses a Neural Disruptor to knock out Mr Fantastic. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #548)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Uses Electroconvulsive shocks to initiate seizures from a range. (Hulk Vol. 2 #19)

No Caption Provided

Uses gravity powers to send the Frightful Four flying (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #38)

No Caption Provided

Uses Nerve gas as apart of his base defences. (Strange Tales #105)

Intelligence- The Genius of The Mad One

No Caption Provided

Amps the stats of Hydro Man's powers. (Fantastic Four #514)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Controls a prison guard from a distance. (Superior Carnage #1)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Creates a device that knocks out Namor and Spider-Man and gives Namor his Spider-Sense, making him go mad for a while. (Amazing Spider-Man #214)

No Caption Provided

Creates a dimensional loop that traps She Hulk within a single room. (The Avengers #235)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Creates almost perfect clones of himself that are armed with plutonium bombs. (Fantastic Four #570)

No Caption Provided

Creates four robots (with his clones using them) that each counter specific superpowers. (Fantastic Four #570)

No Caption Provided

Creates sleeping powder, a lifelike mask out of crayons, and a homemade anti gravity jetpack, all while using simple prison tools. This is frankly, one of his most insane feats. (Strange Tales #118)

No Caption Provided

Creates the Id Machine, a device that turns good people bad, by inverting their personality. (Fantastic Four #41)

No Caption Provided

Implants a invisible virus that bypasses Reed's cyber defences and allows him to access the negative zone door. (Hulk #19)

No Caption Provided

Makes a small pill that acts as a explosive. What's nuts about this is that he made this while being stuck in solitary confinement somehow, which is insane. (Strange Tales #110)

No Caption Provided

Somehow survives this without dying. (Strange Tales #118)

No Caption Provided

Stolen and modified Starktech in ways that even Tony Stark (undercover as Cobalt Man) was surprised at (Avengers-Thunderbolts #3)

No Caption Provided

Used a inhibitor to allow Black Bolt to speak freely, negating his powers. (Inhumans- Once And Future Kings #2)

No Caption Provided

Using materials found in prison, Wizard creates a highly strong acid that burns through prison walls like nothing. (Strange Tales #105)

No Caption Provided

Wizard states he can control anyone with his helmet, he just needs to adjust it properly to their brainwaves. (Superior Carnage #2)

No Caption Provided

Uses a electromagnetic barrier to keep people out. Torch had to be let in by Wizard to get in his base. (Strange Tales #105)

No Caption Provided

Hits a AOE that hits multiple people. (Fantastic Four #610)

The Crushing Power of The Wonder Gloves

No Caption Provided

A mere touch obliterates an anvil (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #78)

No Caption Provided

Matches strength with Thing and hurts him. (Fantastic Four Unlimited #5)

No Caption Provided

Punches through machinery and steel like nothing. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #78)

No Caption Provided

Knocks out Reed Richards with a single punch. World War Hulk needed multiple, lol (Fantastic Four #148)

No Caption Provided

Rips a stone steeple apart and throws it like a missile, fast enough to catch Human Torch by surprise. (Fantastic Four Vol. 1 #81)

The Grand Conclusion

Easily low High Tier as normal, possibly High Tier with detailed prep. A shame he isn't used very often these days, considering how cool he is, even if he is rather goofy.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Credit

First off, a massive thanks to @majinblackheart for getting me interested in this character, as well as helping out unknowingly with scans and citations. As far as I'm concerned, he basically wrote some of this by himself.

Tag for @toratorn, as he really wanted to see this thread in action. Hope you enjoy it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I thought he was just called the Wizard. Nice RT.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@major_hellstrom said:

I thought he was just called the Wizard. Nice RT.

His full comic name used to have wingless in it, until everyone figured out that was extremely lame.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Do you have a list of all the RTs you made?

You can check out a full list of my RT's on the "About Me" section of my profile. There's a lot of stuff to look at.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Sphinx, Overmind, Cassandra Nova. Boi, those guys were on my "to research list". Glad I found those RTs, lol.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@major_hellstrom said:

@diarrhearegatta: Sphinx, Overmind, Cassandra Nova. Boi, those guys were on my "to research list". Glad I found those RTs, lol.

Really? That's surprising. Most of those dudes are like, pretty obscure for the most part. Good taste.

Still, I'm glad you figured that put before you made the RT's yourself, lol. Would have been a rude awakening.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#9 MajinBlackheart  Moderator

This is amazing. Good attention to detail. You catch things I never even noticed quite often.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@majinblackheart said:

This is amazing. Good attention to detail. You catch things I never even noticed quite often.

Thanks, really appreciate the compliment.

I found the feat where he makes a anti gravity jetpack purely out of prison scrap in particular to be just a stupidly good feat, lol. Genuinely a feat up there with the Pre Crisis Luthor "making a teleporter out of a orange" feat.

WollfMyth209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good stuff. Still a silly name, tho.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh, somehow I never realized that his name had the "Wingless" part. Awesome thread. Good job.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Great Thread.

The Wizard is the Fantastic Four villain with the third most appearances behind Galactus and Doctor Doom. It fascinates me that despite obviously getting a push, this character manages to remain semi-obscure. Maybe an MCU appearance can change that.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kangconquers: Ye the Wizard is showcased a ton but his status is usually as goofy villain, and he's not been taken seriously in years.

I had hoped that the new FF run might see him return, but as of right now, that's not the case, which sucks because personally I think the Wizard is a pretty great villain as a concept, it's just that guys like Doctor Doom and Galactus completely overshadow him in terms of value. In any other case, he'd be a main player against a hero, but here he seems like small potatoes.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@kangconquers: Ye the Wizard is showcased a ton but his status is usually as goofy villain, and he's not been taken seriously in years.

I had hoped that the new FF run might see him return, but as of right now, that's not the case, which sucks because personally I think the Wizard is a pretty great villain as a concept, it's just that guys like Doctor Doom and Galactus completely overshadow him in terms of value. In any other case, he'd be a main player against a hero, but here he seems like small potatoes.

Have you ever read Acts of Vengeance? It was Loki riling up Doom, Magneto, Red Skull, Kingpin, Mandarin and the Wizard to conspire against all of the heroes of the MU. The Wizard wound up being the doofus who accidentally exposed their conspiracy to the Avengers, allowing them to overcome it.

Basically he was included in the inner circle to be the squeaky wheel and the doofus. He deserves better.

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nice RT dude!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

Have you ever read Acts of Vengeance? It was Loki riling up Doom, Magneto, Red Skull, Kingpin, Mandarin and the Wizard to conspire against all of the heroes of the MU. The Wizard wound up being the doofus who accidentally exposed their conspiracy to the Avengers, allowing them to overcome it.

Basically he was included in the inner circle to be the squeaky wheel and the doofus. He deserves better.

True, Wizard was doing heavy lifting but got shafted when it came to who was doing what. Doom wasn't even there in person rip

Josh983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this him?

WastelandMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WastelandMan

Could use an update after Wanda/Quicksilver's series.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ProfessorRespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Could use an update after Wanda/Quicksilver's series.

Yeah I'll have to update it when the series finishes, cool that he's getting some attention though