Respect the Spooky D'Spayre (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect
No Caption Provided

I'm 2 spooky, wooo edgy

Introduction

D'Spayre is a shameless edgelord, and that's why I love the essence of the character: he's some spooky demon that essentially yells at people to kill themselves cuz life is pain, and he needs to feed on their depression. His very name is a bad pun.

He's also quite powerful when he's actually written seriously, and his capabilities to strip the will of even the strongest of individuals is to be commended.

Cosmic Cube Amp

No Caption Provided

D'Spayre doesn't use the Cube, but rather feeds on the collective emotions of the nation using the Cube to amplify it. (Avengers-Invaders #7)

Scan 1/2- Traps Strange, Spider-Man, Wolverine, and multiple other heroes using his powers, while also using the body of Aarkus, the orginal Vision (Avengers-Invaders #7)

Database Stuff

No Caption Provided

Stats and stuff (Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Horror 2005)

Durability

No Caption Provided

At high amounts of despair, D'Spayre would become immune to physical strikes. This is the opposite when high amounts of positive emotions are about. (Excailbur #35)

No Caption Provided

No sells a optic blast. (Uncanny X-Men #144)

No Caption Provided

No sells a strike from Spider-Man, who compares his jaw to the Thing. (Marvel Team-Up #68)

Scan 1/2- No sells dozens of Scarlet Spider strikes. (Web of Spider-Man #128)

No Caption Provided

Takes a attack from Dweller-In-Darkness. (Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #39)

Scan 1/2- Takes blows from Phoenix Rachel Grey while laughing, and overpowers her. (Excalibur #35)

Fear Projection

Scan 1/2/3- After tricking Dweller and Nightmare into driving the planet to despair with their powers, he gains enough strength to scare both of them away easily. (Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #40)

Scan 1/2- Drives hundreds of people into madding hate for each other and stuff. (Excalibur #77)

No Caption Provided

D'Spayre gets his powers from the Dweller in Darkness, a Fear Lord, who also created him. (Doctor Strange #32)

No Caption Provided

D'Spayre's fear bolt dispels Strange's illusions and needed his cloak to protect him from it. Strange even then was spooked out by the blast. (Doctor Strange #55)

No Caption Provided

Forces some dude to kill himself using his powers. (Uncanny X-Men #144)

No Caption Provided

His words are so convincing that Strange can't allow himself to hear them lest he let the dude go (Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #40)

Scan 1/2- Hits Cable with illusions from his past, knocking him down to the floor with them. (Cable #13)

Scan 1/2/3- Influences Strange into almost killing himself using his words alone (Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #40)

Scan 1/2- Makes Cable and some chick look differently to each other. (Cable #13)

Scan 1/2/3- Makes Strange think he's a mental patent and he's actually crazy all along. (Doctor Strange #55)

Scan 1/2/3- D'Spayre then goes into trying to convince Strange that he is a fictional character, making him think all of his life was a play, then tries to make him think he's just imagining everything and only he exists, and that he should.....take his life, shocker

No Caption Provided

Strange admits that he came massively close to actually doing this (but he was also effected cuz he lost a loved one, big cry

No Caption Provided

Manages to encapture Strange after he was moping around. (A-X #9)

Scan 1/2- Scares Man-Thing so badly that he burns away. He does this two times over. (Marvel Team-Up #68)

No Caption Provided

Stomps Man-Thing again with his powers. (Uncanny X-Men #144)

No Caption Provided

Terrified Strange with a single touch. (Doctor Strange #55)

Scan 1/2/3- Traps Cyclops inside multiple illusions of his worst fears. (Uncanny X-Men #144)

Scan 4- He gets so scared that he smashes through a window in a attempt to murder himself

Scan 1/2- Traps Rachel Grey in a fear illusion, which leaves her mentally drained and downed. (Excailbur #35)

Scan 1- Turns Black Cat against Spider-Man by making a bunch of spooky illusions. (Web of Spider-Man #128)

Scan 2- Peter in turn was also effected by this power, leaving him a wreck.

Scan 1/2- Shatters Spider-Man's psyche with a single touch, leaving him openly weeping (Marvel Team-Up #68)

Scan 3- Peter gets a second wind, but D'Spayre blasts him with a bolt of fear and he drops again.

Scan 1/2/3- Hits Thing with tons of illusions and stuff, feeding on every bad memory he has and literally burying him inside his own worst memories. (Fantastic Four- Grimm Noir #1)

Magical Power

No Caption Provided

As a Fear Lord, D'Spayre is a being measured on a cosmic scale. (Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #31)

No Caption Provided

Battles a disciple of Zhered-Na (a chick who fought Dweller-In-Darkness and survived) for centuries. (Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #33)

Scan 1/2- Covers Juggernaut in molten steel, which actually hurts him. (Juggernaut #1)

Scan 1/2- Creates a psychic bomb which destroys the mind of the person who had it, as well as effecting Rachel Grey. (Excailbur #35)

No Caption Provided

Drags Cloak and Dagger into one of his disused dimensions. (Cloak and Dagger #19)

Scan 1/2- Drains enough life energy out of Juggernaut to kill the average person. (Juggernaut #1)

Scan 3/4- As Juggernaut was directly connected to the power of Cyttorak, D'Spayre was able to feed on his power directly, with apparently enough of it to manipulate the fabric of the very universe itself.

Scan 1- Overpowers and takes control of Cloak's Darkform. (Cloak and Dagger #19)

Scan 2- It was eventually revealed that D'Spayre gave Cloak and Dagger their Light and Darkforms, making them unstable on purpose.

No Caption Provided

Dispels Nightmare's constructs while within his dimension. (The Incredible Hulk #360)

No Caption Provided

Turns Hulk back into Bruce using his power, splitting his mind while within Nightmare's dimension. (The Incredible Hulk #360)

Scan 1/2- Disguises himself as Wong. (Fantastic Four- Grimm Noir #1)

Strength

No Caption Provided

Hits Cable with a blow that knocks him down, and uses his powers to feed on Cable's very soul. (Cable #13)

No Caption Provided

Hits hard enough to knock Thing back with a punch. Thing gets up tho cuz he's T H I N G (Fantastic Four- Grimm Noir #1)

Tower Generation

No Caption Provided

Creates a mile long tower that drains the will and energy out of sorcerers. (Marvel Team-Up #68)

No Caption Provided

Turns a normal house into another dark tower, one which causes those around it to be drowned in their worse fears inside illusions. (Uncanny X-Men #144)

Conclusion

D'Spayre is really spooky, and even I'm a bit creeped out by his face

He can really scare people as well, which is cool. His magic is impressive, and his mastery of fear is very much unrivalled. Decent.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Credit

@andromeda101 kept moaning for his rt (as already seen) so I figured I'd give it a shot.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5f763ac0bf885
deactivated-5f763ac0bf885

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: Duggan? smh, Ben'll die by hitting a lamppost or something, I bet

@shade545:Thanks! The next RT will be a.....special case, lol. He's the fastest man alive

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebb616323ddd
deactivated-5ebb616323ddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, he can do so much without being like DC's Spectre. Then again, reality warping can get scary if used in a dark way.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: Yeah, Spider-Man beat him up, and considering Mysterio stomped him, he is multiversal+ by scaling

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's kinda impressive.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: I guess that might have been the case, but it's a bit vague so eh.

How do you enjoy your username being lower case letters now btw

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage: It's good enough to make Thing look great tho

I guess in a mental fortitude way, if that's what you mean. D'spayre seems like a weird matchup for The Thing, but I'm wondering how that might go if the writer gets creative with it.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage: It already happened tho, Thing big stomped him after like 5 pages

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage: It already happened tho, Thing big stomped him after like 5 pages

Eh, didn't read the book, but that's pretty good.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Relevant bump

Avatar image for namelessmonster
NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#37  Edited By NamelessMonster

Interesting RT and well done. This character looks awesome.

Also, any of you know the origin of the ''Respect or Respect Thread'' term? It seems a little bit weird sometimes cringe.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, any of you know the origin of the ''Respect Thread'' term? It seems a little bit weird sometimes cringe.

Respect Thread as a term? No one really knows where it came from or where it started. I'd say CV was the first to start making them all the way back in 2007 and stuff.

I mean, what else you wanna call them? "Feat Page"? "Showings Display"? Not much you can work with.

Avatar image for namelessmonster
NamelessMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@namelessmonster said:

Also, any of you know the origin of the ''Respect Thread'' term? It seems a little bit weird sometimes cringe.

Respect Thread as a term? No one really knows where it came from or where it started. I'd say CV was the first to start making them all the way back in 2007 and stuff.

I mean, what else you wanna call them? "Feat Page"? "Showings Display"? Not much you can work with.

1. Humm, that's interesting.

2. ''Feat Page'' LOL. yeah, the world is crazy. I think the term that already exist is good enough.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@namelessmonster said:

1. Humm, that's interesting.

2. ''Feat Page'' LOL. yeah, the world is crazy. I think the term that already exist is good enough.

Yeah it's the best term, I find. There's nothing else better and while other terms have gone off on Reddit and stuff, there's just nothing worth making the new top term, at least from what I've seen.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ee0713dd622
deactivated-60ee0713dd622

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

N̸̨̤̻͉̲̘͍͔̿̆̋̍̍̇̊̚i̶̧̝̜͆̓́̅̃̓͜͝͠c̶̪̦̚ę̷͈̮̙͇̯̤͕̩̄̈́̈́̋͐̓̏͋̊́ ̸̢̲͓͉̹̺̪͊̎̎̿́̕R̸̛͈̐́́̽͒̀̕͘̕T̵̘͈̱̮̊̈́͘.̸̡̳̯̲͔͕̞̜̪̭͔͂̾ ̷̧̨͍̤͙̰͖̳̲̝̀̑͜Ý̷̘̱͓̤͙̊́͒̈́͋̿̿͌͘o̴͈̳̬̅̈́̀͆̓͆͋͝͠u̸̠̓́́ ̴͈̦̤͖̭̪̼͕͉̦̆̓̐͠͝͝m̸̗̺͎̺̙̐a̶̧̡͇̟̘̖͊͛̌̓̃̈́̔͂k̸̹͉̈̍͜ȇ̴͈̀͊̾͂̔̈́͛̔ ̶̬̱͙̤̤̆̉́ţ̵̲̳̐̃̌͠ȟ̶̹͍͑̇̈́́̐̇́͘͠͠e̷̯͋̍̉ ̵̟͌̋̆́͒̆̓́̊̚b̵̹̦̥̱̏̔͌͐̒̒̓̿͂͒ë̴̢̱̥̭̤̝̩̭̗́s̶̭̥̩͎̣̿̋ţ̵̛̛̙̤͠ ̶̳̙͉̎̍o̵̟̻̞͉̞̲͋̂̏́͆̀́͆̓ͅͅn̸̥̝̔͝ͅè̷̤̙̖͖̦̭͇̀͒͜͜ͅs̴̨̖͔̜̤̺̙̔̽̅͜͠.̵̨̟͉̣͎̩̻͕̏̾̈́̈́̎̚

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

N̸̨̤̻͉̲̘͍͔̿̆̋̍̍̇̊̚i̶̧̝̜͆̓́̅̃̓͜͝͠c̶̪̦̚ę̷͈̮̙͇̯̤͕̩̄̈́̈́̋͐̓̏͋̊́ ̸̢̲͓͉̹̺̪͊̎̎̿́̕R̸̛͈̐́́̽͒̀̕͘̕T̵̘͈̱̮̊̈́͘.̸̡̳̯̲͔͕̞̜̪̭͔͂̾ ̷̧̨͍̤͙̰͖̳̲̝̀̑͜Ý̷̘̱͓̤͙̊́͒̈́͋̿̿͌͘o̴͈̳̬̅̈́̀͆̓͆͋͝͠u̸̠̓́́ ̴͈̦̤͖̭̪̼͕͉̦̆̓̐͠͝͝m̸̗̺͎̺̙̐a̶̧̡͇̟̘̖͊͛̌̓̃̈́̔͂k̸̹͉̈̍͜ȇ̴͈̀͊̾͂̔̈́͛̔ ̶̬̱͙̤̤̆̉́ţ̵̲̳̐̃̌͠ȟ̶̹͍͑̇̈́́̐̇́͘͠͠e̷̯͋̍̉ ̵̟͌̋̆́͒̆̓́̊̚b̵̹̦̥̱̏̔͌͐̒̒̓̿͂͒ë̴̢̱̥̭̤̝̩̭̗́s̶̭̥̩͎̣̿̋ţ̵̛̛̙̤͠ ̶̳̙͉̎̍o̵̟̻̞͉̞̲͋̂̏́͆̀́͆̓ͅͅn̸̥̝̔͝ͅè̷̤̙̖͖̦̭͇̀͒͜͜ͅs̴̨̖͔̜̤̺̙̔̽̅͜͠.̵̨̟͉̣͎̩̻͕̏̾̈́̈́̎̚

Thanks bro, you use Zalgo text generator? Pretty spooky

ToxicWandaStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wanda victim

BigBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BigBaby  Online

D'Spayre is really spooky, and even I'm a bit creeped out by his face

Why'd you have to savage him LOL. He is pretty ugly, though.

Soratoumiga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2