Respect the Mighty Thor, God of Parties (MCU What If?)

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rajjarsalt
I don't know anything about horse gods, but I do know how to bring the thunder ;D
I don't know anything about horse gods, but I do know how to bring the thunder ;D

Party Potency:

This is Party Thor's most disputed feat and for good reason.

Basically, Thor partied on a celestial body and destroyed it. The nature of said object, or the notion that there was more than one object, is in question.

Star- Thor recognized the explosion right off the bat while viewing it graphed on Jane's mapping device, a foreign piece of tech he's never seen before. He identified it as a specific Alpha star.

Planet- Jane tells Thor that he killed a planet and he doesn't bother to contradict her. He also mentions that there was a baby goat named Gary living in a farm on it, which suggests it had life supporting conditions. Fandral backs him up here.

Meteor - Thor falls in love with Jane and tries to take the blame off of himself, saying that the planet was actually a meteor that was going to be destroyed anyway, and that nobody died, when Jane presses him about it.

Alpha star's explosion can take out a nearby planet or asteroid, assuming the star had them tied to its orbit.

Keep in mind that Party Thor will say anything to get himself out of trouble - like telling his mom that he's in his room despite being punted to Siberia by Captain Marvel, with a polar bear roaring in the background.

Whatever choice seems most reasonable to you, the explosion size remains the same as depicted in the only evidence that isn't Party Thor's word. Jane's device mapped the route of the Bifrost which means it covered a decent amount of space ranging across different star systems, so the magnitude of the feat is really good. Take a look.

1000 light years
1000 light years

Director Hill recognized Thor as a threat to the planet so there's a good bit of intent there.

Strength:

Thor casually lifts Mjolnir - heavy enough to pin Carol to the ground despite having no worthiness spell

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Knocks down Stonehenge with a tap

No Caption Provided

Thor straightens the Leaning Tower of Pisa

No Caption Provided

Striking

Thor cleaves the Casket of Ancient Winters' ice off the faces of Mt. Rushmore

No Caption Provided

Thor matches Carol in striking. Carol's punch was compared to 10 nuclear bombs.

No Caption Provided

Thor swings Mjolnir and sends Carol flying from the middle of France to Stonehenge, England.

No Caption Provided

Thor mauls Infinite Vultron's arm

No Caption Provided

Energy Projection

Thor charges New York's power grid

No Caption Provided

Thor shakes the universe with his lightning (Ultron hears the thunder while in another universe)

No Caption Provided

Speed

Thor dodges Carol's photon blasts

No Caption Provided

Thor fights Carol across the heavens, with the intracloud lightning tracing their speed.

No Caption Provided

This could suggest long range energy projection, but they were right next to each other the whole time.

Beginning/close up cutscene/ending -

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Thor spins Mjolnir as he reacts to Carol's charge, and both attacks happen relative to the Dark Energy Bifrost descending upon Earth. That beam travels at many many times faster than the speed of light.

No Caption Provided

At worst it is just a beam of light, which proves Carol's charges can gain plenty of relativistic mass as they approach LS.

Durability

Thor takes a surprise blitz from Carol.

No Caption Provided

Carol can rush at the speed of light, as the events of her solo appear to be canon to this timeline. And per the lowball of her charge relative to the Bifrost beam.

Thor tanks a punch from Carol that sends him flying across the Atlantic Ocean and half of America

No Caption Provided

Carol's punch was compared to 10 nuclear bombs.

Thor also tanked Carol slamming a bridge into him off-screen.

Thor tanks a throw from Carol, resulting in an orbital drop and an avalanche.

No Caption Provided

Overall Thor took about a dozen attacks from Carol, then a dozen more when she was empowered by his lightning. The second dozen was on-screen only - Thor most definitely took many, many more hits as Carol was punching him across the rest of the USA and the Pacific Ocean (all the way to Hawaii), as well as in the clouds.

krisbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2 krisbishop  Moderator

Nice summary of his feats.

The Mjolnir on Carol thing was so weird, it acted and sounded like it had the worthiness enchantment but I'm wondering if the writers forgot that Mjolnir shouldn't have the enchantment in this timeline.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By rajjarsalt
@krisbishop said:

Nice summary of his feats.

The Mjolnir on Carol thing was so weird, it acted and sounded like it had the worthiness enchantment but I'm wondering if the writers forgot that Mjolnir shouldn't have the enchantment in this timeline.

It really depends on whether you prefer - continuity or interpreted intent. I can see it go either way but I honestly can't imagine them viewing Party Thor as worthy, atleast at the start anyway

shirso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Raj being a GOAT like always

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 takenstew22  Moderator

Nice. So far this one looks way more impressive than main MCU Thor.

death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 death4bunnies  Moderator

Oh very cool.

SpiderMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome stuff. Party Thor is super impressive

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What a chad

SpiderMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpiderMe

@rajjarsalt: For strength, you could add pushing the Leaning Tower of Pisa upright.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By rajjarsalt
@spiderme said:

@rajjarsalt: For strength, you could add pushing the Leaning Tower of Pisa upright.

Will do, thanks for mentioning it

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By rajjarsalt
@rajjarsalt said:
@spiderme said:

Will do, thanks for mentioning it

Also found that feat of him taking the Casket's ice off Rushmore. That's some solid technique right there

Avatar image for deactivated-6156f1d2abe5e
deactivated-6156f1d2abe5e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: D4B calculated USA/Stonehenge feat as about 19 milion tons power

destinyman75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hood stuff nice work

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: But one thing

About Planet, Star, Meteor thing i don't think Thor was justifying himself in front of Jane who was honest with her. Do you think Thor would lie to Jane ?

I am not saying i am rejecting that feat, but at first he says, but he says goat Gary got home safely.

I interpreuted it as meteor was burning and they rescued inhabitans. So planet was burning apart it might have been autodestrcuted 🤷‍♂️

Thor didn't dodge Carol's beams. She was aiming his shoulders and after his grunting sounds he didn't sound like he was disging it but being hit into shoulders

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By rajjarsalt

@iloveorangeyum: If he can lie to his mom so blatantly, I would say he can lie to her.

Though it's more likely he'd tell her the truth before falling in love vs after falling in love, since that can cause bias in his statement

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt:

Agrre to disagree

Still no details how that meyeor/planet was destroyed/burned

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rajjarsalt: I don't remember it being stated that mjolnir has no enchantment, but if it didn't mjolnir pinning Carol must have been a mistake on writers part. Other than that great job Raj, so quick too.

Anyone calced Carol dodging mjolnir point blank yet? It travelled inter-continental distance in a few seconds so it should be an atleast 4 digit mach reaction feat for Carol which would naturaly scale to Thor.

Avatar image for deactivated-615075e6f3ef7
deactivated-615075e6f3ef7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Party potency is the most powerful ability that comes with having the Chadforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

Anyone calced Carol dodging mjolnir point blank yet? It travelled inter-continental distance in a few seconds so it should be an atleast 4 digit mach reaction feat for Carol which would naturaly scale to Thor.

It was scene transition/framecut of unknown timing 🤷‍♂️. Like you see those feats all the time when someone shots attack and scene transition to other part of scene etc.

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron said:

@rajjarsalt: I don't remember it being stated that mjolnir has no enchantment, but if it didn't mjolnir pinning Carol must have been a mistake on writers part. Other than that great job Raj, so quick too.

Well coincidentally enough Mjolnir's enchantment is a statement on the hammer itself.

The runic triquetra symbol was bestowed upon the hammer by Odin in Thor 1 to bind Thor's power to the hammer, and we know those events never happened in this timeline, and I don't think we ever saw that enchantment pop up on Mjolnir. So it wouldn't make sense visually or continuity wise.

While the intent could be a writer's mistake, and the continuity errors could be written off as another mistake, I have a hard time imagining Party Thor as worthy

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gaoron

@cryaholic: 16kt seems way too low for a punch that sends you to another continent at mhs+ speeds but I take none of the fancalcs that seriously. I rather go by writers intent which in this case we got a statement Carol punches with force of 10 nukes. Just looking at the feat it's easy to place it too, for example we don't need any fancalcs or statements to know Carol's punch is way stronger than any punch thrown in DCEU.

Mjolnir seems to travel faster the longer the distance. When it's close to Thor it moves slowly, when it was in deep space it moved at relativistic/FTL speeds in one of the movies. That's why I'm focusing only on that single scene with Carol dodging it and not when it was in Thor's field of view.

Darkthunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

J_Normal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Should have always been MCU Thor Smh

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rajjarsalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By rajjarsalt
@alphamon said:

@rajjarsalt: could have just been really heavy

Yeah it's made of neutron star core iirc

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
finalkingthanos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looking forward to the two part finale hopefully we get the guardians of the multiverse vs Supreme leader Ultron vs Zombie Thanos lol.

What if is a good reminder of where the MCU movies have often fallen short for me in terms of consistent looking power from the characters.

Avatar image for godlike_warrior
Godlike_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good Feats

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

JComics2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight-Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Nice! Now I'm waiting for the LA respect thread for The God of Thunder.

Avatar image for deactivated-64232b99e9c14
deactivated-64232b99e9c14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sub Black Adam level or no?

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers