Respect The Final Horsemen, The Last Servants of Apocalypse (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online
No Caption Provided

These dudes are like the only decent Horsemen team tbh

Introduction

Meh, I think these guys were mega underrated while I was reading the Uncanny X-Force run, so I figured I'd give them the respect they deserve.

I'll be doing it in the standard team format, so rather than sub-titles being about strength or durability, you'll be getting them as the titles of each team member.

With that said, let's get started.

Death

No Caption Provided

Inflicts different diseases based on the type of metal he touches. (Uncanny X-Force #3)

No Caption Provided

Deflects Wolverine's slash using his blade, showing proficiency in using it. (Uncanny X-Force #3)

No Caption Provided

Instantly inflicts multiple horrific diseases upon the likes of Wolverine and Psylocke. (Uncanny X-Force #2)

No Caption Provided

This process takes them all out of the game for a bit.

No Caption Provided

Kills some fodder. (Infinity- The Hunt #2)

(right to left)

Scan 1/2- No only no sells Wolverine's slash, but infects him with every disease known to man. (Uncanny X-Force #3)

Scan 3- As Logan tries to get him, he adds more diseases, making him weaker.

No Caption Provided

Survives two slashes from Deathlok. (yes, he somehow survived his head coming off, showing some form of immortality) (Uncanny X-Force #15)

Famine

Scan 1/2- Basically melts Blob using his powers. (Uncanny X-Force #16)

No Caption Provided

His sound acts as a living cancer, eating the flesh of anything that can hear him. (Uncanny X-Force #3)

No Caption Provided

His drumming almost instantly brings down Archangel due to the pain of his powers. (Uncanny X-Force #2)

No Caption Provided

Makes sound from his fingertips to cause EVA to break down around him. (Uncanny X-Force #16)

No Caption Provided

Manages to incapacitate Deadpool with his powers. (Uncanny X-Force #14)

Pestilence

No Caption Provided

Summons a army of beetles that kill hundreds of women, giving her the memory of each. (Uncanny X-Force #3)

No Caption Provided

Swarms Deadpool with a army of bugs. (Uncanny X-Force #2)

Yes, that's all she has. She summons bugs and they eat people alive. Nothing that complex.

War

No Caption Provided

Boots Deadpool far away, while essentially tanking his offence. (Uncanny X-Force #2)

No Caption Provided

Brainwashes Deathlok with his axe, stripping his will and making him a slave to him. (Uncanny X-Force #16)

No Caption Provided

Counters Psylocke's telepathy by the pure fury of his mind, showing resistance to telepathy. (Uncanny X-Force #1)

No Caption Provided

Counters Wolverine's slash, tanks a direct attack from him, and infects him with his axe. Also seems to be bulletproof based on how he reacts to Fantomex's gunfire. (Uncanny X-Force #1)

Scan 1/2- Smashes into and infects E.V.A, and survives the crashing of the ship itself. (Uncanny X-Force #2)

No Caption Provided

Is dubbed as a "omega level" being (if you don't know, "Omega" is described to only the strongest mutants in existence or with extreme potential- it's a title that not many are able to obtain) (Uncanny X-Force #1)

No Caption Provided

Knocks out Psylocke in one punch. (Uncanny X-Force #3)

No Caption Provided

Slices the head off Deadpool. (Uncanny X-Force #1)

Conclusion

Honestly, I feel like these dudes were wasted. They were given a amazing start and were shown as deadly enough that the X-Force had to essentially beat them via BFR, but since then the members have all died but Death, who has lived on and became a teacher at a mutant school, so I guess he'd doing well.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Neat. Death's and Famine's powers sounds pretty entertaining. Pity these guys haven't appeared more often.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Man, had completely forgotten about Death becoming a teacher in the Asian superhero school. But I will definitely agree on the "wasted" part.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

Man, had completely forgotten about Death becoming a teacher in the Asian superhero school. But I will definitely agree on the "wasted" part.

It's strange considering he basically got murdered by Deathlok, but eh, I'll take it

Avatar image for life_without_progress
Life_Without_Progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Nice work, dude.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

DC1008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Does he have a horse

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PayneInTheAss

Whores of Xavier!

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@payneintheass: It's such a good line, lol

I forgot how well written that run of X-Force actually was tbh. Might read it again.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It wasn't that well written actually, but I guess this isn't the right place for that dispute.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: smh you lowball, now I'm gonna insult you for having a different opinion to myself

Nah it's fine, I hear lots of different stuff about the series, I personally thought it was good but I ain't gonna sweat if someone else says otherwise lol

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PayneInTheAss
adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

smh people can't handle Adam's truthbombs these days...

Nah it's fine, I hear lots of different stuff about the series, I personally thought it was good but I ain't gonna sweat if someone else says otherwise lol

Part of me gives it a harder time because I feel like it stole the K/Y's Xforce's lightning, which not only superior, but also the one to break this new "black ops squad" ground.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@professorrespect said:

Part of me gives it a harder time because I feel like it stole the K/Y's Xforce's lightning, which not only superior, but also the one to break this new "black ops squad" ground.

Eh, I don't sweat it that much. The other X-Force series was better now looking back on it

Vishop_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Vishop_

Looking back at this I wonder any writer will able to come close to Rick Remender and his Final Horsemen of Apocalypse. I was disappointed to say the least about how Hickman handled Apocalypse during XoS. Totally waste opportunity.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm said:

@professorrespect said:

Eh, I don't sweat it that much. The other X-Force series was better now looking back on it

Took you time, but welcome to the light side.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vishop_ said:

Looking back at this I wonder any writer will able to come close to Rick Remender and his Final Horsemen of Apocalypse. I was disappointed to say the least about how Hickman handled Apocalypse during XoS. Totally waste opportunity.

I mean it ain't shocking, most things about Apocalypse are handled like liquid ass. These Horsemen are the only ones that I wouldn't say are jobbers.

@adamtrmm said:
@professorrespect said:
@adamtrmm said:

@professorrespect said:

Took you time, but welcome to the light side.

Well I didn't want to judge before reading both series, but I can confidently say the other series was better, even if I think both are still fairly solid.