#1 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

(If you're reading this right now, go away. Work in progress.)

Considering this is one of the most versatile characters in video game, and pretty fun to use in battle, I thought we should have a reference thread for him for CAV etc.

No Caption Provided

"Shor's bones, a handsome man in Falkreath!" ...

Dovahkiin the Dragonborn. Who is he? He kills dragons for a living. That's introduction enough I suppose.

I don't really have to say he's a badass nord expert in different weapons, an archmage, a master thief, and user of ancient power called voice and... ah. Don't have to.

So here's a brief introduction of his abilities, and the devastation he causes on the battlefield.

Before we begin, I'd like to give some data we'll be comparing and extrapolating for Mr. Dovahkiin. That, is a giant.

Giants of skyrim are about 12-15 feet tall, and their hits are quite capable of sending people flying- Hundreds of meter straight up in the air.

Stats of a Giant are:

HealthDamage

That's what we will be using as a benchmark for extrapolating striking strength, damages, . Obviously, that doesn't mean he'll be sending people flying every time, if it's a warhammer, it's a hit strong enough to crush, and if it's a sword, it'll cut people in half. And so on.

The damage caps of a weapon, used by maxed out dovahkiin, will be written in the bracket beside it. That means:

- Base damage of Highest quality weapons available, probably dragonbone ones. Smithing level: Legendary.

No unique items involved though..

- Additional damage due to skills and perks.

- Additional damage by wearing full enchantments of that kind.

Stats:

Health:

Stamina:

Magic:

Physical Abilities:

Weapon Master:

Dragonborn can make good use of many different kinds of weapons:

one handed: Daggers, Swords, Maces, Axes, and Greatswords, Battle axes, and Warhammers. (Two-handed)

He may use a shield, or be a superb dual weilder. He's quite possible to beat the daylights out of his opponents when he wants to:

(trying to keep the videos to a minimum, but most players never try out unarmed moves. And they're pretty awesome.)

Ranger:

Dovahkiin can cause serious damage with arrows, too.

Magical Abilities:

Dragonborn is one of the finest mages in skyrim, and that's saying a lot. He can use magical attacks of low, mid, and high range. If he's going for fully magical attacks, he will prefer to keep his distance, considering stronger spells require the use of both hands. So no shield, no weapon. But the magic has some serious power there..

Note: format of listed spell, or effect is "Spell (magica,damage)" Magica is for either using the spell once, or per second if the spell is continuous. These values are currently without any upgrades, I'm waiting for the upgraded values to be checked by some other members of the site. Yeah. Lazy, deal with it.

Magic can be classified into six types, or 'schools', as they are called:

Destruction:

The school of magic with the highest direct attacking power, which allows him to fry his enemies, freeze them, or electrocute them for the stupidity of facing him.

Pyrokinesis:

Nerd term for 'fire attack!' for those who don't know. Flame attacks cause additional damage even after the spell is over, as it is probable for them to cast a lasting fire on opponents.

It is possible to use flame control to:

• burn the enemy with continuous fire (14, 8)
  • Cast awesome (and strong) fireballs (133,40 in a radius of 15 feet from aimed location)
  • Cast magical runes as traps, activated when people try to run over it (234,50);
  • Clad yourself in a flame cloak, burning any opponents in the melee range. (289, 8/s, for 60 sec) Because flame cloaks are cool.
  • Incinerate the opponent with a blast of fire aimed at him. The explosive force of attack can send people flying when the spell is done with both hands though I'm not sure whether this means mastery, or damage, as simply dual casting doesn't mean anything real-world wise (298, 60)
  • Create a wall of fire, harming anyone passing through it (80 per square wall, or per sec, 50 for each time passed through)
  • Form a huge storm of fire centred at dovahkiin and harm anyone within range. This requires a small bit of charge-up though, So best done when enemies aren't close enough to cut your head off. (846, 100)

Cryokinesis:

Even less people care to call it that, but this means controlling low temperature, or ice attacks. Along with harming the enemies, These attacks also tire the enemies out, dovahkiin can:

• freeze the enemy with a continuous freezing stream (16,8),
  • Attack them with a solid ice pike, which is either semi-tangible, or is supposed to stab through people's bodies. (48,25); or a rather strong ice spear with serious attack capability (320,60)
  • Cast ice-based runes as traps, activated by going near them, (234, 50)
  • throw a small scale blast of ice. (144, 40)
  • clad himself in a cloak of ice magic. (316, 8/s)
  • form a wall of frost magic (137, 50 per passing through)
  • call a small-scale blizzard (656, 20/s in a range of 20 ft)

Electrokinesis:

Hmm. Controlling lightening based attacks if connecting the two is still to hard.

Conjuration:

Summoning:

Necromancy:

Illusion:

Illusion is, well, illusion.

Restoration:

Dragonborn can not only be a severe pain to kill, but also be an extremely valuable ally in a fight due to his proficiency in restoration, that is, being a magical doctor - one that cures wounds near instantly.

Alteration:

Alteration, as the name suggests,

Additional Powers:

Depending on the race, a dragonborn can access an additional power, generally, it is 'battle-cry', a nord power that scares your opponents to the point they can't fight back, and start running till they overcome it. Doesn't work on strong opponents. There is also a list of other powers.

Dragonborn Special: Shouts:

Unrelenting force: Fus Ro Dah!

Unique Items:

There are a few unique items dragonborn obtains through his travel, from the God-like beings of Elder scrolls verse. Possibly, they make dragonborn far more formidable than everything listed above. (You can flip your table now.)

Feats, or stuff you should know:

Sustaining lexicon, for example.

Additional feats supposedly done by dragonborn, according to in-game history books.

========================================================================================

For contributors.. eh, followers, List of things to be done:

- Checking the values of damages and magica in destruction schools, after:

• Reaching level 100 destruction
  • Taking all perks of destruction school, and the relevent perks of other schools that increase the damage or decrease magica required
  • Checking if these two are the only factors affecting the spells

- Checking the nature of fire runes. (do they consume magica till they're blown up, or does the magicka regen to normal?)

- Adding additional quantifications where ever possible. Which means stuff like trying to find the range of spells like fire storm and stuff. Eurgh.

- Listing additional effects caused by spells, for example, incinerate causes stagger when dual casted)

#2 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's call out the trusty dragon slayers.

@reikai: @dragonborn_ct: @i_like_swords: @metaljimmor: Pretty sure you'll be interested in helping out :)

Reserved post.

We will be posting everything he can do, and here's how:

1. Considering a level Max of hundred, and skill max-out at 100, too.

2. Maximum skillset, including all forms of combat, and different builds.

3. We'll try to quantify how strong his hits will be, and how much he can defend against. Based on damages, and general health point of monsters.

4. Lore feats will be granted only if backed up by trailers, or other cinematics, or something done in-game.

5. No exploiting glitches, or in-game loops, no mods, and no console commands.

Yes, that means you can't fortify enchanting then use alchemy enchantment, back to alchemy, back to enchanting and so on. Just one time, any order.

6. Highest feats performed by NLF items will be listed.

7. Full lore dovahkiin will have different section at the end.

8. Might add other characters, and crazy feats from other beings if possible.

Feats will be taken from Skyrim, Hearthfire, Dragonborn, and Dawnguard.

#3 Posted by MetalJimmor (6419 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I'd be glad to help put together something, though admittedly I'm not much of a math guy.

#4 Posted by YodaPrime (1554 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been playing with mods so long, I'm fuzzy on all vanilla facts

#5 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting. I'd be glad to help put together something, though admittedly I'm not much of a math guy.

No need to actually do any math. (You can leave it to me if we have to sometimes, but I don't think it's necessary)

All I need is overall maxed out stats.

I've been playing with mods so long, I'm fuzzy on all vanilla facts

heh.

#6 Edited by i_like_swords (26200 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: I suppose we can do all that.. we can work out how strong he is from stuff like his carry weight, and the hits he can take from Giants ect. However if this turns into another heated discussion about how he's a world-buster I'm out.

#7 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@princearagorn1: I suppose we can do all that.. we can work out how strong he is from stuff like his carry weight, and the hits he can take from Giants ect. However if this turns into another heated discussion about how he's a world-buster I'm out.

I don't plan to use lore dovahkiin, it's mainly based on gameplay, rarely supported by lore quotes.

For the record even the mountain busting fus ro dah is shady ;)

#8 Posted by i_like_swords (26200 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

I don't plan to use lore dovahkiin, it's mainly based on gameplay, rarely supported by lore quotes.

There really isn't such a thing as "Lore" Dovahkiin. Someone started saying that "in lore" Dovahkiin busted a continent, and instead of doing their own research, loads of Dragonborn fans started regurgitating "well in the looore he's a mountain buster" and act like you're an uninformed idiot if you don't agree with them, even though there is nothing showing that he's able to do that.

Sorry I'm getting off-topic, but it will come.

#9 Edited by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@i_like_swords said:

@princearagorn1 said:

@i_like_swords said:

There really isn't such a thing as "Lore" Dovahkiin. Someone started saying that "in lore" Dovahkiin busted a continent, and instead of doing their own research, loads of Dragonborn fans started regurgitating "well in the looore he's a mountain buster" and act like you're an uninformed idiot if you don't agree with them, even though there is nothing showing that he's able to do that.

Sorry I'm getting off-topic, but it will come.

that's fine, I know it will. Happens in every thread lol

#10 Posted by WarBlade539 (6217 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Dragonborn_CT (26391 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkazrael999@princearagorn1: Thank you for the shout out, mates.

Indeed, the Dragonborn is a extremely versatile character capable of domineering countless areas and just having. However, keep in mind that the in-game lore is not always accurate or even correct. Most books detailing historical details were either embellished, written from very biased sources or have long become outdated. So I don't personally believe he is able to level a mountain.

However the fact is that for all intents and purposes, the Dragonborn is Tamriel's equivalent to a demigod, unnaturally talented and gifted, capable of mastering powers that takes decades for normal mortals to possess. Its very difficult to come up with serious weaknesses for them (that doesn't involve walking into traps or facing leveled enemies). They need to recharge their shouts for much longer than dragons would have to, leaving them unable to use the Thu'um for certain periods of time if they use more potent shouts.

#12 Posted by Mandarinestro (7651 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#13 Posted by XLR87T3 (9838 posts) - - Show Bio

Technically he busted an island...

#14 Posted by MetalJimmor (6419 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3 said:

Technically he busted an island...

Dragonborn has never busted an island. Nor has Miraak, who is the character people power scale the Dragonborn against to get to the "mountain busting" argument.

If you actually read the lore book where said "island busting" takes place you'll find that Miraak and Vahlok the Jailor's battle was so epic is SEPARATED Solstheim from the mainland, turning it into an island. Which is NOT the equivalent of actually blowing up an entire island. Not even close. In that battle Miraak was actually on the losing end until Hermaeus Mora stepped in and saved him.

Furthermore, this feat is the product of an old legend of the Skaal, which was passed down orally from generation to generation. Oral historical records are notoriously inaccurate in the real world, and the nature of lore in Tamriel leaves it open to being incompatible with the actual events. The Skaal also worship a deity called the All-Maker, which doesn't really have a place in the creation myths of Tamriel as we know them, which shows that they aren't infallible when it comes to their understanding of the universe.

#15 Posted by TheVivas (19440 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by Cream_God (15519 posts) - - Show Bio

~ killallhostiles

/thread

#17 Edited by ThePreface (1436 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's talk TES lore and mythopoiea for a bit.

At the beginning and end of every kalpic cycle Convention occurs. The Nordic version of this is Shor's battle with Alduin in the heavens in the beginning and ending of time which occur simultaneously. In Skyrim, when the Dragonborn arrives in Sovangarde, Shor's realm for the honored Nordic dead, he enters the Hall of Valor to find Shor's Throne empty. I'd chalk this up to mere coincidence. But.. then the Dragonborn goes on to battle Alduin in the heavens at the end of the current kalpic cycle...

If we read up other cultures' lore on Shor/Shezarr/Sep/Lorkhan and since we know that gods incarnate all the time in TES and we know that Shor's ghost was cursed to "wander" forever in search of his heart. And we know that Shezarrines incarnate when the races of Men are in danger all the evidence point to one thing.

So yeah. Respect to the legendary immortal hero, warrior, sorceror, and king variously known as Pelinal Whitestrake, Harrald Hairy Breeks, Ysmir, Hans the Fox, etc., who wanders Tamriel, gathering armies, conquering lands, ruling, then abandoning his kingdoms to wander again.

#18 Posted by PrinceAragorn1 (31807 posts) - - Show Bio

@thevivas: Plan? Yes. Does it look likely? With the gamespot merge blocking the site from my network, no. I still have the basic posts I made, so if I finish them and post, I'll tag you. I'm surprised it was actually bumped though, lol.

#19 Posted by XLR87T3 (9838 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor:

If you actually read the lore book where said "island busting" takes place you'll find that Miraak and Vahlok the Jailor's battle was so epic is SEPARATED Solstheim from the mainland, turning it into an island. Which is NOT the equivalent of actually blowing up an entire island. Not even close. In that battle Miraak was actually on the losing end until Hermaeus Mora stepped in and saved him.

The energy required to seperate an island from the mainland far exceeds that of the destruction of a mountain. The fact that they did it as a side-effect only makes the two Dragon Priests even more powerful individually. Perhaps not exactly Island-level, but if they both actually aimed for the ground instead of each other then they could level an entire island. Thus, they are at least mountain-buster level.

Furthermore, this feat is the product of an old legend of the Skaal, which was passed down orally from generation to generation. Oral historical records are notoriously inaccurate in the real world, and the nature of lore in Tamriel leaves it open to being incompatible with the actual events. The Skaal also worship a deity called the All-Maker, which doesn't really have a place in the creation myths of Tamriel as we know them, which shows that they aren't infallible when it comes to their understanding of the universe.

The real world is irrelevant, and so is the Skaal's religion. Lore is canon whether you like it or not. You ignored all the evidence of everything else that happened in the story, which the player can see. Why should the creation of Solstheim be "flowery language" besides "It sounds ridiculous to me" when everything else is proven true?

#20 Posted by MetalJimmor (6419 posts) - - Show Bio

@xlr87t3:

No. That isn't how it works. The lore books are written by in-world characters and are fully capable of being inaccurate or flawed. This is how TES lore is written. There are two books about Barenziah that give radically different interpretations of her life because of this. Are they both canon? No. They are both potentially flawed when it comes to the smaller details of what happened in her life. The Skaals that you get the island moving feat from also believe the world was created by the All-Maker, which we know either isn't true or his a half-truth re-interpretation of the actual events. Either way, it proves the Skaal are a fallible source of information.

At best it's a character statement until it's actually proven true with a real world book on the subject or another game that explores those events and actually show the island breaking a part from the mainland.

And the idea of the Dragonborn being a mountain buster is blatantly contradicted by what we see in the game. You can scream game mechanics all you want, but the blatant fact is that the biggest feat of physical world destruction from Alduin is burning some buildings with his best shout. The fact is you can contain a dragon inside a mostly wooden castle with wooden binds. And the fact is the Dragonborn, Alduin, and Paarthurnax all fighting and throwing their voice at the top of the Throat of the World didn't even phase the mountain itself. The Throat of the World is still around in the lore after the battle, so it still counts as a feat.

The only feat you have to go on is the world shaking when the Dragonborn's name is called, but then when the Greybeards concentrated their combined voices into an attack it didn't even damage the building they conducted the test inside. And it isn't like Skyrim's game engine can't handle the environment being destroyed. The Snow Elf boss fight has the elf cause a cave in with his magic, which is the biggest feat of destruction shown in the game.

I'm not interested in debating this any further. It's been done to death all over the battle forum. I was just correcting the misinformation that an island was actually busted in the lore where it was not. Definitely not by the Dragonborn himself.

#21 Posted by XLR87T3 (9838 posts) - - Show Bio

@metaljimmor: So you spout out bullcrap but refuse to be corrected. Okay, I see how it is.

#23 Posted by Brightsteel (1165 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by i_like_swords (26200 posts) - - Show Bio

@brightsteel: I need to update that thread one day... had plans for it.

#25 Posted by Brightsteel (1165 posts) - - Show Bio