Blizzard is a pretty cool Iron man villain (no pun intended) with a rather awesome and simplistic power, the power to create and manipulate ice. Its a pretty basic power, but it does the job nicely. There's been two Blizzards (both Iron man villains) which we will be covering since Gill was given an exact replica of the originals costume so the previous feats from the original Blizzard are all applicable. While he does have his fair share of jobbing instances, Blizzard is definitely a pretty underrated villain and it would be awesome for him to show up a lot more.
As for Gills backstory, Donald Gill was a former air conditioner and refridgerator repairman that turned to a life of crime. He was given a replica of the former Blizzard's costume by Justin Hammer. Blizzard would remain a promenient enemy of Iron man, often joining forces with other super villains too like Beetle, Whiplash and the Masters of Evil and even briefly turning a new leaf into a brief superhero by joining the Thunderbolts. While never really being a top contender in the supervillain game, Gill's life took a big turn in Infinity Heist where he was one of the many exposed to the Terrigan mists, turning him into a Inhuman with the ability to overcharge electricity and short circuit machinary, essentially becoming a 'human battery'
Table of Contents
- Power suit.
- Ice manipulation.
- Ice blasts.
- Electricity manipulation.
- Stats and capabilities.
- (Official handbook of the marvel universe 89 update #1)
- This is the power grid of the first Blizzard, however since Blizzard's suit is an exact replica of Gregor's these should except for intelligence all still be applicable (and should even be higher since Gill gained powers and had his suit upgraded) (Iron manual mark 3)
- (Official handbook of the marvel universe A-Z update #2)
- Blizzard's power is created from his power suit which he wears, this suit completely protects him from the drastic temperatures of his ice blasts.
- The Blizzard suit is modified from the original Jack Frost costume (Jack Frost was what the original Blizzard called himself before he realized how lame that was) one thing to note is that it seems to be a massive upgrade over the original, however the 'million times' thing is likely a huge exaggeration (Iron man #87)
- Blizzard later received an upgrade by the Fixer (New Thunderbolts #15)
- Information on how Blizzards suit and powers work (Official handbook of the marvel universe 89 update #1)
- Blizzards primary and main ability is the ability to create Ice. Gill can use this in main different ways such as firing ice darts, creating ice slides, ice shields etc
- Creates multiple ice hands that spread around Iron man's leg (Tales of Suspense #45)
- Creates an artificial snow storm around him, bullets also have no effect on him since they become too heavy due to being covered in ice (Iron man #86)
- Even in his weaker suit bullets couldn't get near him (Tales of suspense #45)
- Creates a ice wall that Beetle and Blacklash can't get past (Iron man #223)
- Causes a safe to expand and break apart due to extreme low tempatures (Iron man #86)
- Keeps Piledriver (a Thor villain) at bay with his ice shields (New Thunderbolts #2)
- Creates a ice cavern and the cold of his ice is felt through Iron man's armor. (Iron man #86)
- Keeps back Namor with his ice shields (New Thunderbolts #9)
- Tanks a bullrush from Nova by surrounding himself in ice (Blizzard also went on to fight Nova for 15 minutes straight aswell) (New Warriors #9)
- Blizzard has the ability to drop temperatures extremely low to the point of freezing.
- Freezes Iron man's armor to the point where Tony nearly dies and needs Pepper Potts to save him (Iron man #86)
- Freezes the ground below Daredevil and clowns him too (Marvel team up #55)
- Briefly freezes Savage Hulk, its noted that Hulk's blood had began to freeze too (Incredible Hulk #249)
- Briefly contains Atlas's ionic meltdown (New Thunderbolts #3)
- Scan 1/2: An imposter wearing a spare costume of Gil's briefly freezes Iron man's neo classic armor (Marvel holiday special 1992)
- Freezes a group of people (Tales of Suspense #45)
- In one of his most impressive feats, he freezes the great wall of China (Starbrand and Nightmask #1)
- Freezes some high tech stark guards (Infinity Heist #1)
- Freezes Nova (New Warriors #9)
- Freezes himself and Iron man in a massive block of ice (Infinity Heist #4)
- Easily breaks through a safe by freezing it, causing it to expand and break apart. (Infinity Heist #1)
- Freezes Starbrand and Nightmask (two high tiers) (Starbrand and Nightmask #2)
- Freezes an Iron man armor (Infinity Heist #4)
- One of Blizzards primary forms of offense is his ice blasts, he can fire solid icicles or ice that's strong enough to dent Iron man's armor, bend metal beams or hurt people like Nova and Freeze them instantly.
- Casually destroys a fence with a blast (Iron man #86)
- Can create ice darts that are sharp enough to dent Iron man's armor (Iron man #86)
- Hurts Nova and sends him flying, hes also frozen by this too (New Warriors #9)
- Easily bends through steel girders (Infinity Heist #1)
- After the events of Infinity, Gill was exposed to the Terrigan mists which gave him the ability to overcharge electricity and short circuit it.
- Causes the Iron Patriot armor to short circuit out (Infinity Heist #3)
- Short circuits the Hulkbuster armor (Infinity Heist #4)
- Causes a bunch of Iron man armors to short circuit, admittedly this does cause him to nearly pass out (Infinity Heist #4)
- Not his greatest asset, but Blizzard's suit does give him some decent durability.
- Takes a repulsor blast from Iron man (Iron man #86)
- Jack Frost (Blizzard in his first appearance) takes a punch from Iron man in his Mark 2 armor and proceeds to some what tank a melting beam in a retelling of his first appearance (Iron man #86)
- Takes a punch from Iron man and then proceeds to freeze him again (Iron man #87)
- Takes getting hit by a Hulkbuster (Infinity Heist #4)
- Takes a beating from a mind controlled Iron man armor (New Warriors #9)
- An imposter wearing Gill's costume takes a punch from Iron man's neo classic armor (Marvel holiday special 1992)
- Takes a punch from a Hulkbuster (Infinity Heist #4)
- Blizzard is said to be as strong as someone who engages in regular exercise, his suit also seems to increase these stats aswell.
- Shatters glass casually and freezes a dude (Iron man #223)
- Hurts Nightmask with a ice construct fist (Starbrand and Nightmask #2)
- Blizzard can move pretty quickly thanks to things such as his ice slides.
- Freezes a motor and grabs onto a ledge before he can fall (Tales of Suspense #45)
- Blizzard's mode of transportation is his ice slides, this allows him to move around pretty quickly. (Iron man #86)
- Its said that Blizzard can freeze someone instantly by simply pointing at them (Iron man #87)
- Dodges a bullet from a guard (Iron man #87)
- Is able to keep up with Whirlwind while on his ice slide (Infinity Heist #1)
Overall, Blizzard seems to me like a good mid tier and he does have some impressive feats as well useful abilities for different scenarios. Gill is a jobber and his usefulness against Iron man has gone done a lot due to Tony upgrading his armor to combat Gill a lot better, however he still stacks up well against other mid tiers in my opinion, as well as anyone who can't resist being frozen. His durability is pretty inconsistent I'll admit, but I still think Blizzard isn't the worst. Hope you enjoyed this RT and be sure to suggest one in the comments.