Respect Starro The Conqueror (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect
No Caption Provided

Your master has arrived!

Introduction

For some reason, Starro has no RT anywhere on the internet, despite being one of the Justice League's most prolific enemies. I've been working to fix that.

This RT will cover his Pre Crisis and Post Crisis stuff. Idk about his N52 stuff, he had one really good telepathic feat and the rest was erm, not worth covering in detail. Someone else can cover that, but frankly, it'll not be very enjoyable.

This will cover small and large Starro, as well as the "real" Starro introduced in the R.E.B.E.L.S. run. Most of Starro's Pre Crisis run appears to be canon (based on the fact that multiple issues during the PC era that either flashback or reference the events that happened there) but as always, do take the legibility of them with a grain of salt.

Database

No Caption Provided

Powers and Capabilities. (DC Comics Encyclopedia)

No Caption Provided

More stuff on his powers and capabilities from his Pre Crisis self. (Who's Who- The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe #22)

Durability

No Caption Provided

Starro can split his mass to become other Starro's in the event that the first one dies. (Adventure Comics #451)

No Caption Provided

Starro can survive even from a tiny piece, as long as he has enough food, he can grow back to normal size. (Justice League of America #189)

No Caption Provided

One of Starro's lesser spawn tanks a nuclear bomb, feeding off the energy it produces. (Brave and the Bold #28)

No Caption Provided

Tanks high calibre gunfire as it rips through the hull of the plane. (Brave and the Bold #28)

Energy Projection

No Caption Provided

Flash moving at the speed of light is barely able to save a person from Starro, with the beam being fast enough nearly hit him by inches. (Brave and the Bold #28)

No Caption Provided

Hits Pre Crisis Superman with enough atomic energy to daze him. (Justice League of America #189)

(Read from left to right)

Scan 1- Sends a energy beam from the eye large enough to engulf Orion. (JLA #23)

Scan 2- This same energy beam was powerful enough to send Orion to orbit, knocking him out cold. (JLA #23)

No Caption Provided

Starro can also fire out beams of lethal radiation that can kill the likes of Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. (Brave and the Bold #28)

No Caption Provided

Starro fires a massive energy beam that smashes through a ship. (Justice League of America 80-Page Giant)

Reproduction and Spawn Generation

No Caption Provided

Starro can create multiple versions of himself asexually. These share his stats to a extent, but aren't as strong as the original. (Brave and the Bold #28)

No Caption Provided

Starro can control his small and big sized spawns from thousands of miles away. (JLA-Z #3)

(Right to left)

Scan 1- Starro can make dozens and dozens of tiny creatures that can control people by hugging their face and taking over their brain. (Justice League of America #189)

Scan 2- These creatures aren't powerful by themselves, but rely on numbers to attack foes, causing even the likes of Hal Jordan to be defeated by them.

Scan 3- Starro was able to take over all of New York using them, spawning the creatures by the millions. (Justice League of America #190)

Scan 4- Red Tornado notes that Starro, with access to energy and food, has created 8 million of the creatures in a few hours.

No Caption Provided

One of Starro's copies was a Sinestro Corp member so it's technically has those stats and abilities at a composite level. (Green Lantern-Sinestro Corps Secret Files and Origins)

No Caption Provided

Starro also eventually started using microscopic spawns to control people. (Justice League of America- The 99 #3)

No Caption Provided

Starro also gains the knowledge of anyone under his control. (Booster Gold #13)

No Caption Provided

Starro states that removing any of his spawns from a host's face will result in death (through this is inconsistent and hasn't always been the case, individuals like Superman and Wonder Woman have shown to be able to do it ) (Justice League Europe #27)

No Caption Provided

Starro's parts can also survive in the conditions of space for a unknowable amount of time. (Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew #1)

No Caption Provided

Starro's spawn also seem to share a collective conciousness, allowing him to occupy multiple minds and bodies at the same time. (Justice League Europe #28

No Caption Provided

Starro's spores also are protected against energy based attacks. (Booster Gold #13)

No Caption Provided

Tanks a blast by Blue Beetle using Sinestro Corp auto shields. (Teen Titans #54)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Those under Starro's control have massively increased pain tolerance and fight significantly stronger than before. The funny fact is that this was a modified and artificial Starro spawn that was weaker than the usual, being able to be removed and killed without a problem. (Justice League of America #4)

Speed

No Caption Provided

Starro is capable of traveling billions of miles in space in the search for intelligent species. (Brave and the Bold #28)

Strength

No Caption Provided

Beats up Pre Crisis Aquaman with a single smack. (Adventure Comics #451)

No Caption Provided

Is strong enough to pull back against Pre Crisis Wonder Woman. (Brave and the Bold #28)

No Caption Provided

The largest Starro are thousands of miles across, being massive in size and those being quite capable of physically crushing smaller foes in most cases. (DCU Villains Secret Files and Origins)

Telepathy

No Caption Provided

Consistently removes the memory of Superman from a child while controlling people all around him. (JLA #22)

No Caption Provided

Controls a entire city apart from one person. (Brave and the Bold #28)

No Caption Provided

Knocks out everyone in North America apart from a few others and a small town (for specific reasons, and this was done by one spawn only) (JLA #22)

No Caption Provided

Manages to resist Martian Manhunter's telepathy while occupying a human host body and the rest of London's population. (Justice League Europe #27)

No Caption Provided

Miss Martian is unable to access Starro's mind, hurting her even to try to access it. (Teen Titans #53

No Caption Provided

Starro can also control masses of people, knocking them out in the process. (Brave and the Bold #28)

No Caption Provided

Starro controls people to do his bidding. (Adventure Comics #451)

No Caption Provided

Starro reads the mind of Pre Crisis Green Lantern with ease, finding his weakness and adapting to it. (Brave and the Bold #28)

No Caption Provided

While a single Starro can control nearly all of North America, others can add to this, allowing him to control the entire world. (JLA #23)

(Read right first, then go to the left for the rest of the scans in order lol)

Scan 1/2- Nearly overcomes Aquaman (who is already a good telepath in his own right) in telepathy to the extent that Manhunter needs to intervene to save him. (JLA #23)

Scan 3- Manhunter states that he's having to use all of his telepathic power to fight back against Starro's telepathy.

Cobi, The Star Conqueror ("True" Starro)

No Caption Provided

Actively resists and blocks a telepathic attack from Despero due to his connection to hundreds of trillions of minds to the point that he was visibly shaken. (R.E.B.E.L.S. Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

Can also generate mini Starro's to control people. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #28)

No Caption Provided

Can also summon giant Starro to attack planets. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #6)

No Caption Provided

Casually ragdolls Despero. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #14)

No Caption Provided

Casually shatters Smite's axe and throws him away like he was nothing (Smite was able to brawl with Lobo and seemed equal with him in stats) (R.E.B.E.L.S. Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

Casually tanks a weapon designed by Vil Dox (a super genius with a 12th level intellect) to counter Starro's telepathic connection to his army. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #14)

No Caption Provided

Casually tanks Blackfire's best energy attack. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #27)

No Caption Provided

Creates quakes with a single slash of his axe. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #6)

No Caption Provided

Destroys the third eye of Despero. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #14)

No Caption Provided

Even before the Starro amp as a child, he was capable of telepathically communicating with all of his kind. (R.E.B.E.L.S. Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

Fights groups of fighters (including Smite) for months while holding back, eventually easily defeating them when he stops doing so. (R.E.B.E.L.S. Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

Goes through a Dominator army single handly. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #6)

No Caption Provided

He fights Black Lanterns (undead super beings that can never die) for three days straight using the energy of all of his host bodies to sustain himself in combat. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #12)

No Caption Provided

Despero states that every new body Starro takes makes him stronger. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #13)

No Caption Provided

Kills Despero and slices off his head off. (R.E.B.E.L.S. Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

Starro also commands a fleet of a hundred thousand world's worth of military might. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #14)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Tanks a energy blast that could be seen from space due to the sheer size of it, destroying everything around him apart from him. (R.E.B.E.L.S. Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

Takes blows from Tribulus, who was basically the prototype of Validus and shared similar stats to him. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #28)

No Caption Provided

Tanks a charge by Captain Comet, countering with a punch that sends him flying. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #27)

No Caption Provided

Tanks laser fire from alien weapons. (R.E.B.E.L.S. #5)

Conclusion

He's a strong starfish

Seriously though, dude needs more respect around the forums. Stomping Despero with ease, a known and respected Teambuster in his own right is something that can't be understated- he's a pretty powerful threat, and that's not even addressing his capabilities for telepathic attacks and overrunning foes with his spawn alone.

morpheus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By morpheus_  Moderator

I hoped we'd get the humanoid Starro during Rebirth, but giant starfish again it is. Really loved Bedard's REBELS.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hoped we'd get the humanoid Starro during Rebirth, but giant starfish again it is. Really loved Bedard's REBELS.

Having basically read the run for this RT, I would agree. It's a pretty underrated gem during a era where quality wasn't exactly consistent. Thought I would hate the new design for Starro, but I thought it was covered pretty well for the most part.

jashro44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice.

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm, this makes Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew fighting him a bit more impressive.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolfrazer: Hey man, Captain Carrot is op, he can solo the Avengers any day of the week

Wolfrazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Not sure if joking or not but honestly...yeah Captain Carrot is pretty crazy powerful. Guess it makes sense then he's one of the strongest in the Multiverse and was chosen to defend it.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: I literally can't read most modern DC stuff because it's just not enjoyable

Maybe I'll do a Part 2 where I cover his other stuff from Rebirth and other places, but this is the extent of my coverage for now. I'm glad you enjoyed the RT though.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Great job!

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is great stuff

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome!

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Praise the Conquer

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is awesome!

Thank

I should really start on part two lol. N52 doesn't really have a lot for him tho.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage said:

This is awesome!

Thank

I should really start on part two lol. N52 doesn't really have a lot for him tho.

No problem.

Yeah, that's true about it. I think in Metal and Death Metal there were some starro and jarro feats that are standard psychic abilities.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@fabricolage said:

This is awesome!

Thank

No problem.

Yeah, that's true about it. I think in Metal and Death Metal there were some starro and jarro feats that are standard psychic abilities.

I know Jarro has some nice feats, but Starro in general just didn't have a lot to call back on

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage said:
@professorrespect said:
@fabricolage said:

This is awesome!

Thank

No problem.

I know Jarro has some nice feats, but Starro in general just didn't have a lot to call back on

There was a starro valley made and controlled by a dark multiverse Batman iirc, and it messed with some of the people who went through its minds. I think he appeared in Justice League 3001 and controlled a planet. Beyond that, idk what else.

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Starro conquering nine galaxies is also a worthy mention.

No Caption Provided

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Starro conquering nine galaxies is also a worthy mention.

No Caption Provided

Cobi Starro does this with a whole army of beings tho, so it's hard to place anything quantifiable on him specifically

hulksmashtoaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect:

Agreed. I would describe it as a miscellaneous accomplishment as opposed to a combat feat.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

UltraPhoenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By UltraPhoenix

Would you consider using this as a feat for Starro? Tanking a combined attack from Thor, Iron Man, Vision, Jack of Hearts, and also controlling a bunch of Avengers.

JLA / Avengers #1
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would you consider using this as a feat for Starro? Tanking a combined attack from Thor, Iron Man, Vision, Jack of Hearts, and also controlling a bunch of Avengers.

JLA / Avengers #1

For sure! I just didn't include it because I thought at the time that JLA/Avengers wasn't canon. Needless to say, I know better now.