Respect Per Degaton, The Tyrant of Time (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect
No Caption Provided

idk what the D stands for tbh

Introduction

Per Degaton is one of the very first JSA villains ever to be placed against the team, first starting off in the 40's. He's likely one of the most prolific around, considering his vintage status and the fact he's continued to appear in stories long before his debut.

Essentially, Degaton's powers come to abusing time travel or abusing the mechanics of it for his own ends. He doesn't have a ton of feats, but regardless, I figured it would be good to go cover all of it, because it's pretty cool.

Durability

No Caption Provided

Tanks getting hit on the back of the head by Darknight and Stargirl's Cosmic Staff, and counters with a strike. (Justice Society of America #50)

Strength

No Caption Provided

Hurts Alan Scott with a punch (Justice Society of America #50)

No Caption Provided

Overpowers Doctor Mid-Nite, slamming his head hard enough into a pillar to split it open. (All Star Comics #37)

No Caption Provided

Boots Doctor Psycho in the face because he's a bully (Plastic Man #6)

Technology

No Caption Provided

Phases through a floor using tech and then reseals it. (Justice Society of America #50)

No Caption Provided

Uses a time disc to speed up Hourman's metabolism, reducing him to his regular self. (JSA #70)

No Caption Provided

Wipes out a version of himself using a disintegration ray (Infinity-Inc Annual #2)

Scan 1/2- Turns the Atom into a nuclear bomb with a time disc (JSA #72)

Scan 3- Mister Terrific (the first one) states his time discs could potentially do anything.

Time Manipulation

Scan 1/2- Reduces Hourman into a child. This isn't permanent and lasts for about twenty minutes, as stated afterwards by Hourman himself. (Justice Society of America #50)

No Caption Provided

Plucks multiple villains from specific moments using his time machine. (All-Star Squadron #3)

No Caption Provided

One shots Wildcat by forcefully ageing him to a old man. (Justice Society of America #50)

No Caption Provided

Untold numbers of Degaton exist throughout time and mess around with each other (due to this, they can eliminate each other and not mess up their actual timeline) (Justice Society of America #50)

Scan 1/2- Has his personal army wipe out Chronos from reality by travelling to the past and killing him as a kid (Degaton's army share his ability to time travel by using condensed technology in their suits) (JSA #70)

No Caption Provided

Keeps reversing time using his mobile time-disk so he can see Stargirl cry salty tears (JSA #59)

No Caption Provided

Uses his time machine to grab up dozens of nuclear missiles from history and travel with them through space. (All-Star Squadron #14)

No Caption Provided

Uses his time machine to phase him at a different vibration to everything else, making him intangible. (All Star Squadron #14)

No Caption Provided

Easily deals with the Crime Syndicate by banishing them to another time dimension when they try to sneak up on him (All-Star Squadron #14)

Scan 1- Can prevent himself from being physically harmed by suspending his physical form from the time period he is in (JSA #59)

Scan 2- Does this again to stop getting blitzed (usually this can't be overcome apart from manipulating time enough to tag him)

Scan 1/2- Creates a time bubble which reverts Monument Point to prehistoric times. (Justice Society of America #50)

Scan 1- Pushes time forward forcefully, aging people and modern technology to the point that it could no longer exist, driving society to the middle ages (All-Star Comics #35)

Scan 2- Degaton's own tech and weapons were covered in a special metal (the same metal that covered the time machine) that resists this change.

Scan 3/4- This occurs at times instantly, and sometimes only when the weapon is actually pulled out, as a modern gun reverts to a old version, and then disappears completely in seconds.

No Caption Provided

Travels to a alternative timeline where superheroes don't exist (implied to be the "real" world tbh) (All Star Squadron #14)

Conclusion

Per Degaton ain't exactly a groundbreaking character, but regardless, his capability in planning and his unique hax gives him a impressive edge that many would find impossible to overcome.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Credit

lol two pictures, guess you can't win them all

Anyway this character was suggested by @sazzmi, so decent taste there tbh, shame the other 99 suggestions were bad tho

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@andromeda101: He looks like one because he basically is one

It's actually a running gag that he needs to consistently remind other villains that he isn't actually a Nazi, he just likes the style

and smh, I done Yandroth like ages ago, lol. You already suggested him as well.

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@professorrespect said:

@andromeda101: He looks like one because he basically is one

It's actually a running gag that he needs to consistently remind other villains that he isn't actually a Nazi, he just likes the style

and smh, I done Yandroth like ages ago, lol. You already suggested him as well.

Degaton used time hax here. His power extends to the real world like u said you know? Like 10 billion suns Superman.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sazzmi: Yeah Degaton is able to break into the real world tbh, that's why he gets the best stories

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sazzmi: Oh yeah forgot that one, Per Degaton is above TOAA confirmed

Sazzmi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sazzmi said:

@professorrespect: And u said Immortus was better smh

I see no scans of Per Dagaton eliminating Timelines. Immortus can do that.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting character choice, never heard of him.

Have you done a RT for Scorpion? The spiderman villain, not the mortal kombat guy.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@ordinaryalan said:

Interesting character choice, never heard of him.

Have you done a RT for Scorpion? The spiderman villain, not the mortal kombat guy.

Scorpion's a good choice for a RT, but I feel like his Reddit counterpart does him enough justice already (which is rare considering most Reddit RT's are shoddy and not well produced)

You got anyone else you want to see?

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Do you do RTs for live action characters or only comic versions?

I don't like doing live action characters, so for now, no. That might change later on but at present, it's not on the cards.

OrdinaryAlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I'd love to see an RT for Arachne (Julia Carpenter). I recently read her bio here on CV and was intrigued, especially with her "psy-webs" and her becoming Madame Web. Don't know if she has many feats for a good RT or not though.

Alphamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m getting nazi vibes from this guy

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alphamon said:

me too ..

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@lazarus4tempest said:
@alphamon said:

me too ..

He's arguably worse because he thought Hitler was too soft (this being the key reason why he failed to conquer the world in his opinion) during his adventures in time travel.

Plus he uses his powers just to watch young girls cry for hours, smh what a creep

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazarus4tempest said:
@alphamon said:

me too ..

He's arguably worse because he thought Hitler was too soft (this being the key reason why he failed to conquer the world in his opinion) during his adventures in time travel.

Plus he uses his powers just to watch young girls cry for hours, smh what a creep

he is sick ...wth

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:
@lazarus4tempest said:
@alphamon said:

me too ..

he is sick ...wth

nah

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

Because I just realised how off it was, smh

Liar. You just wanted an excuse to bump this thread, didn't you? Lol.

Nah I look back at the ye oldie stuff now and then so if there's any typos/formatting errors I don't like, I can revert them etc. The bumping is just the icing on the cake, naturally.

Avatar image for deactivated-60e9d095c91dd
deactivated-60e9d095c91dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers