Respect Overmind, The Champion of Champions (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect
No Caption Provided

.....And he shall crush the universe!

Introduction

There's not much for me to say, to be honest. He lost a few times, shared his body with five people, and then got his body back as communications dude of the extended Thunderbolt project.

Databook

No Caption Provided

Capabilities and a overview of his abilities. (Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe A to Z #9)

Durability

No Caption Provided

Catches Whizzer mid run, staying still during his attempt to create a vortex, and throws him into the rest of the Squadron Supreme. (The Defenders #112)

No Caption Provided

No sells hits from Hyperion and Hulk, and nearly kills Hyperion in a single telepathic blast. (The Defenders #113)

No Caption Provided

Takes the direct power of Arcanna and Doctor Spectrum, and no sells hits from Power Princess (who's supposed to be close in power level to Wonder Woman) (The Defenders #112)

No Caption Provided

Tanks and stomps a army of slaves armed with Eternal technology and armour. (Fantastic Four #114)

No Caption Provided

Tanks the Human Torch's flame blast and takes him out with one of his own. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Thing's best punch does literally nothing to him. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

With his first appearance, Stranger is forced to intervene and BFR Overmind as Earth couldn't stop him. (Fantastic Four #116)

Energy Manipulation

No Caption Provided

Takes a full blast from Nuke and converts the power into a attack of his own. Nuke was described as hitting with the force of a small atomic bomb. (The Defenders #112)

No Caption Provided

Takes a full energy blast from the Stranger, a being bordering on near Skyfather status. (Quasar #16)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Takes fire from Human Torch and converts it into a projectile that hurts him. (Fantastic Four #114)

Strength

No Caption Provided

Brings down a building with a single strike. (The Defenders #117)

No Caption Provided

Knocks the Thing down with a single strike. Ben directly compares him to Hulk in power. (Fantastic Four #114)

No Caption Provided

Sends a bunch of cars flying with his might. (Fantastic Four #114)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Smashes through Sue's force fields, while also beating up Human Torch and Thing. Overmind states that he can summon up more power if needed, showing that this isn't close to his limit. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

The collective consciousness within him state that Overmind's body can topple mountains. (The Defenders #117)

Technology

No Caption Provided

Creates FTL Spaceships with resources. (The Defenders #112)

No Caption Provided

These were also armed with nuclear missiles, as Hyperion explains. (Squadron Supreme #1)

Telepathy (The Actual Good Stuff)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Attacks the mind of the Stranger, bringing him to his knees. (Quasar #16)

No Caption Provided

Changes his appearance in the minds of people walking around him. (Fantastic Four #114)

No Caption Provided

Controls every individual within Stranger's planet (this planet was like, Earth sized, maybe bigger, for comparison) (Quasar #14)

No Caption Provided

Controls the mayor completely, allowing him to control the police using him as a proxy. (Fantastic Four #113)

No Caption Provided

Controls the mind of Reed Richards, turning him against his team. (Fantastic Four #115)

No Caption Provided

Drives a city to mindless violence with his powers. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

Erases the memory of the FF using his powers so that they forget his attack. (Fantastic Four #114)

No Caption Provided

He has the brainpower of a million Eternal brains. (Fantastic Four #115)

No Caption Provided

He states that anyone under his power can also be killed by him via a sudden brain death. (Quasar #15)

No Caption Provided

He states that soon his powers will grow to a planetary level, though he ends up doing feats on this scale a few times. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Holds Thing still with his telepathy two times. (Fantastic Four #114/6)

No Caption Provided

Knocks out a bunch of the Squadron Supreme with a TP blast. (The Defenders #112)

No Caption Provided

Knocks out Thing and Torch with a single telepathic blast between them. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

Links every single mind in the world to aid Zemo, incuding all telepaths and all people who are apparently immune to telepathy. (Thunderbolts #108)

No Caption Provided

Over the course of a week, he takes over America and then the world, making the president and all individuals there under his control. (The Defenders #112)

No Caption Provided

Overmind takes over the mind of a average human in less than one second, so he's pretty damn fast. (The Defenders #112)

No Caption Provided

Overmind badly hurts Doctor Doom with a single mental blast, who needed a device created from prep to counter it. the force of the blast stuns the Human Torch and Thing as well. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

Overmind destroys the device designed by Doom to counter his telepathy, and defeats him soundly. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

Pushes back parts of a building using his telepathic force. (Fantastic Four #116)

No Caption Provided

Scans every person on a planet and determines that someone (Stranger) is not there. (Quasar #14)

No Caption Provided

Uses a telepathic blast to shatter Sue's force fields in a single hit. (Fantastic Four #114)

No Caption Provided

Scans and has a telepathic link with different groups of Thunderbolt groups all over the world. (Thunderbolts #107)

Conclusion

He has a goofy helmet and his stats are pretty good. Likely high mid/high tier character all things considered.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By ProfessorRespect

Credit

@toratorn was the guy who gave me the idea to do this character, so well done him

Also big thanks to @stalin-is-steel for doing the massive technology section. Hang in there, buddy.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Awesome. Nice thread as always. Though him being only a high mid/high tier character doesn't sound right.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn said:

Awesome. Nice thread as always. Though him being only a high mid/high tier character doesn't sound right.

He's probably a lot higher but he's not always been the most consistent.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, this is dope

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By yuuki157
@professorrespect said:
@toratorn said:

He's definitly high tier in stats,although i feel like his TP allows him to punch way beyond his paygrade

correct me if i'm wrong,but planetary feats + Stranger +Doom should put him very high on the list of telepaths,right ?

Avatar image for ozzy_manueldiaz
Ozzy_ManuelDiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

oh....you going back. Good stuff

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@profesorrespect: Nice. I wonder if they will use him in the Eternals event. (Probably not, since Druig is supposed to be the de facto telepathic master of the Eternals, but it would be cool to see any X-telepath face him)

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By yuuki157

@pyrofn said:@profesorrespect: Nice. I wonder if they will use him in the Eternals event. (Probably not, since Druig is supposed to be the de facto telepathic master of the Eternals, but it would be cool to see any X-telepath face him)

He should've been the psionic being that the Eternals should rely right now fr

Not that Druig is terrible or anything,but Grom is obviously working in a diferent tier that could give some trouble to any telepath that is not an Cosmic Entity,and to fight an entire nation full of powerful telepaths he would've been perfect

Also: you seem pretty acknowlegeble of the mutants psychics,where do you think Overmind stands in the rank ?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yuuki157 said:

@pyrofn said:@profesorrespect: Nice. I wonder if they will use him in the Eternals event. (Probably not, since Druig is supposed to be the de facto telepathic master of the Eternals, but it would be cool to see any X-telepath face him)

Not that Druig is terrible or anything,but Grom is obviously working in a diferent tier that could give some trouble to any telepath that is not an Cosmic Entity,and to fight an entire nation full of powerful telepaths he would've been perfect

Also: you seem pretty acknowlegeble of the mutants psychics,where do you think Overmind stands in the rank ?

No, no. You were right about Druig being bad. Him being named the top telepath of the Eternals was a Gillen retcon. Comparatively, Sersi and Thena have better feats than Druig. (Granted, I have yet to read up more current Eternal comics after Gillen’s Eternals run; but I doubt there is any feat he would have that would make him any better than where he already is) As far as he goes, it’s all statement until Gillen starts given him more feats.

Overmind is way up there as far as psychic rankings go, but he isn’t the top. I’m thinking bottom of high tier, which is very generous given that his skill feats are pretty average, but the raw power really is carrying him. Others I know would be way more critical, yet the fact that he has a feat on the Stranger and mass mind-controlling in a planetary range is impressive.

The issue is that as far as range goes, characters like Shadow King, Xemnu, Moondragon (pre-merging), and Red Onslaught all have controlled planets in some shape or form. Attacking a cosmic entity as powerful as the Stranger is majorly impressive, but not something characters ranging from Xavier, Jean, and Emma have done with the rest scaling off of them, like Mister Sinister, Exodus, and Rachel. Still very impressive, considering not many terrestrial telepaths can boast having feats on cosmic beings, but it’s a very stiff competition to climb the rankings of high tier.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Oh yeah,i also readed Gillen run,but i thought since then he accomplished more feats (but it seems like he didn't)

Very reasonable,idk if it makes difference but he was actually winning the fight against The Stranger and only losed because of the plot basically (lol) he was also confident he could overpower 2 or 3 regular Watchers at the same time, but i agree with the lack of skill

Where would you put him in this list

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PyroFN

@yuuki157: That was a very tenative tier list I made. I was still uncertain about a lot of my placements. Still am not. I think I will post my thoughts there.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn said:

@yuuki157: That was a very tenative tier list I made. I was still uncertain about a lot of my placements. Still am not. I think I will post my thoughts there.

Would be interested!

As I normally do etc. Check out that big old list ere

@pyrofn said:
@yuuki157 said:

No, no. You were right about Druig being bad. Him being named the top telepath of the Eternals was a Gillen retcon. Comparatively, Sersi and Thena have better feats than Druig. (Granted, I have yet to read up more current Eternal comics after Gillen’s Eternals run; but I doubt there is any feat he would have that would make him any better than where he already is) As far as he goes, it’s all statement until Gillen starts given him more feats.

Overmind is way up there as far as psychic rankings go, but he isn’t the top. I’m thinking bottom of high tier, which is very generous given that his skill feats are pretty average, but the raw power really is carrying him. Others I know would be way more critical, yet the fact that he has a feat on the Stranger and mass mind-controlling in a planetary range is impressive.

The issue is that as far as range goes, characters like Shadow King, Xemnu, Moondragon (pre-merging), and Red Onslaught all have controlled planets in some shape or form. Attacking a cosmic entity as powerful as the Stranger is majorly impressive, but not something characters ranging from Xavier, Jean, and Emma have done with the rest scaling off of them, like Mister Sinister, Exodus, and Rachel. Still very impressive, considering not many terrestrial telepaths can boast having feats on cosmic beings, but it’s a very stiff competition to climb the rankings of high tier.

It's more of a raw power/raw skill debate and how much you see range as a factor alongside everything else.

It should also be mentioned that the Stranger feat was contextual given the conditions of their TP struggle.

@yuuki157 said:
@professorrespect said:
@toratorn said:

He's definitly high tier in stats,although i feel like his TP allows him to punch way beyond his paygrade

correct me if i'm wrong,but planetary feats + Stranger +Doom should put him very high on the list of telepaths,right ?

Significantly high if you comprehensively scale from them. That said, the power/skill debate is one that will continue raging.

yuuki157

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By yuuki157
@professorrespect said:
@pyrofn said:

Would be interested!

@ozzy_manueldiaz said:

As I normally do etc. Check out that big old list ere

@pyrofn said:
@yuuki157 said:

It's more of a raw power/raw skill debate and how much you see range as a factor alongside everything else.

It should also be mentioned that the Stranger feat was contextual given the conditions of their TP struggle.

@yuuki157 said:
@professorrespect said:
@toratorn said:

Significantly high if you comprehensively scale from them. That said, the power/skill debate is one that will continue raging.

Following your footsteps i made an RT from an very obscure character,i wonder where would u put him on your tier list (if you don't mind)