Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Regardless of the size of the audience... Always make an entrance boy...Always Make An Entrance!

Introduction

Well, here it is. The final piece of the puzzle. The biggest RT I’ve ever done in terms of length and stuff, and it’s for a good character as well.

For a while, I’ve been shouting about how overpowered Mysterio is, and how much he can actually do in terms of power. While most of it was partly in jest, I’ve been honestly annoyed by how lowballed the character is both inside and outside of comics. His feats say otherwise, but no one has had the guts to actually look at them seriously, and with the fine comb for feats that I usually do. With that being said, here’s the complete RT on Mysterio. All of it. This makes the Reddit one look like basic mathematics.

(oh, and this is in two parts as well. have fun)

Database

No Caption Provided

Beck's capabilities and gear. (Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #9)

No Caption Provided

Beck's updated capabilities and gear. (Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #9)

Chemicals and Drugs

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

(read from right to left)

Sends Spider-Man through some crazy trip created by his gas. (Web of Spider-Man #90)

No Caption Provided

Uses a gas that disables Spider-Man's Spider-Sense and beats him down. (Amazing Spider-Man #13)

Uses chemicals that cause mass illusions in a crowd of people in seconds. (Spider-Men #5)

No Caption Provided

Uses gas that makes Burglar see things and relive his past. (Amazing Spider-Man #198)

Hypnosis

No Caption Provided

Uses gas and his natural skill to control a person. (Amazing Spider-Man #337)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Uses his powers to make Spider-Man think he had vanished. (Amazing Spider-Man #199)

The Illusions of the Master

No Caption Provided

Fakes his death by making everyone think some random fodder was him. (Dead Man Logan #5)

Hides his presence from Doctor Strange's telepathy and magical senses (Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil)

No Caption Provided

Makes Spider-Man think that he is being attacked by a baby inside Avengers Mansion. (Amazing Spider-Man #644)

By harnessing the power of the Nexus of Reality, Beck is able to violate comic continuity and summon whoever he likes from the Nexus (X-Men First Class #11)

Creates a giant illusion based on a alien theme, using realistic illusions of Spider-Man and Aunt May. (The Spectacular Spider-Man #51)

Creates a illusion of Galactus, and a bunch of killed heroes. (Web of Spider-Man #90)

No Caption Provided

Creates a illusion of Hell that fools Daredevil for a while, regardless of his enhanced senses. (Daredevil #6)

No Caption Provided

Disappears mid attack. (Amazing Spider-Man #66)

No Caption Provided

Disappears mid attack again. (Amazing Spider-Man #199)

No Caption Provided

Disguises himself as the Juggernaut, mimicking his strength to a extent using a robotic shell. (Daredevil #358)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Fakes a entire continent being fried by Doc Ock's super weapon, fooling two super spies and Spider-Man's enhanced senses and technology using heat lamps, pyrotechnics, and a bunch of actors. (Amazing Spider-Man #686)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

(Read the last one first, then jump to the first and go from there, lol)

Fakes a giant alien invasion that almost kills all of the Avengers. Beck was able to use a almost unstoppable army to attack and overcome most of them in the process, only losing due to Spider-Man getting lucky and figuring out where his sky base was. (Amazing Spider-Man #1)

Fakes a invasion by Galactus, who was somewhat capable of attacking real life objects. (X-Men First Class #11)

Fools Iron Man and Strange's enhanced senses and technology, fooling them into beating up their guards. (Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil)

No Caption Provided

Hides his essence from Ms Sinister, a well accomplished and skilled telepath. (Dead Man Logan #3)

No Caption Provided

Makes a airship apparently disappear. (Sensational Sue Hulk #2)

No Caption Provided

Makes a bunch of people look normal to everyone else. (Doctor Doom and the Masters of Evil)

No Caption Provided

Makes himself disappear and has a illusion of Venom appear out of his suit. (Web of Spider-Man #90)

Makes Logan attack the Avengers using illusions to show them as villains, regardless of his enhanced senses and experience with illusions. Beck explains these as being complex enough to make people smell, see, and hear like the people he wants them to be. (Dead Man Logan #3)

Makes Solo think he is killing the Sinister Six when he is actually fighting Spider-Man. (Spider-Man #19)

Makes Spider-Man fly through a window, attack a random professor, makes him go into a wall, and get attacked by a tiger. (Amazing Spider-Man #198)

Makes Spider-Man think he was drowning using complex hypnosis and illusions. (Amazing Spider-Man #199)

No Caption Provided

Makes Spider-Man think that everyone is dead. (Spider-Man #23)

No Caption Provided

Makes Spider-Man, Nova, and the FF think they are fighting the Sinister Six. (Spider-Man #23)

Traps JJ in "Hell" using complex robotic models and heat lamps. (Webspinners- Tales of Spider-Man #2)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Uses multiple duplicates to fool Spider-Man, while hiding himself within a wall. (Amazing Spider-Man #198)

Vanishes into thin air, and appears before Spider-Man could, making him possibly FTE in terms of travel speed. This is also backed up by Mysterion's platform going faster than cars. (Amazing Spider-Man #199)

END OF PART 1.

#1 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio

PART 2- Electric Bubblehead

Speed

No Caption Provided

Casually dodges a bullet using illusions. (Symbiote Spider-Man #1)

No Caption Provided

Moves faster than Spider-Man and kicks him. (Amazing Spider-Man #13)

Strength

No Caption Provided

Beats down Spider-Man using his strength. (Webspinners- Tales of Spider-Man #3)

No Caption Provided

Beck states that his suit enhances his strength. (Daredevil #7)

No Caption Provided

Casually beats down Daredevil before he can react, backhanding him and sending the dude flying. (Daredevil #7)

No Caption Provided

Casually throws a grown dude around a room like he's nothing. (Spider-Man- Funeral for an Octopus #3)

No Caption Provided

Tags and incaps Spider-Man with a kick to the groin. (Amazing Spider-Man #620)

Technology, or Do FTL Ray guns Dream of Exploding Rubber Ducks

No Caption Provided

Beck talks about the functions of his suit, with sonar and other devices. Beck also stated the suit was designed to mimic Spider-Man's feats. (Amazing Spider-Man #13)

No Caption Provided

Can fly using hidden platforms. (Web of Spider-Man #4)

No Caption Provided

Can use fireballs to attack his foes. (Doctor Octopus- Negative Exposure #3)

No Caption Provided

Creates a fake exterior to hide his base location. (Daredevil #6)

No Caption Provided

Creates a replica of Doctor Octopus's mech suit. (Amazing Spider-Man #686)

Creates a Slivermane robot while using multiple cameras to view his location. His mech was also able to blow up, allowing him to take a entire building with the force of the blast. (Amazing Spider-Man #619)

No Caption Provided

Creates robotic aliens. Spider-Man also states that Beck is a master of robotics. (Amazing Spider-Man #311)

Scan 1- Designs a holographic device that transforms New York into Egypt for the space of five miles. (Webspinners- Tales of Spider-Man #3)

Scan 2- Said device can warp people's realties to the extent that they can't fight properly, as Spider-Man states.

Scan 3- The device can also self destruct with the force enough to wipe out five blocks of buildings.

No Caption Provided

Hacks Spider-Man's network, which was designed to be airtight and unhackable. (Spider-Man-Deadpool #2)

No Caption Provided

Has a acid projectile in his gauntlet. (Web of Spider-Man #4)

No Caption Provided

Has a jammer that prevents communication between people. (Avengers Academy #14)

No Caption Provided

His helmet gives his access to mind control through his spoken word. (Marvel Knights- Spider-Man #2)

Is able to spam holograms that can hurt his foes. (Amazing Spider-Man #676)

No Caption Provided

Uses a advanced EMP to disable all of Ock's tech. (Amazing Spider-Man #687)

END OF PART 2. I FORGOT THAT I HAD MORE, SO YOU GET PART 3 NOW.

#2 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio

PART 3- REVENGE OF THE LOWBALL

Tech (Continued)

No Caption Provided

Makes a flying Sphinx cuz whatever. (Webspinners- Tales of Spider-Man #2)

No Caption Provided

Uses a lightspeed gun that nearly kills Spider-Man. (The Spectacular Spider-Man #51)

No Caption Provided

Uses gas hidden in his suit to knock out She Hulk instantly. (Sensational Sue Hulk #2)

No Caption Provided

Uses knockout gas. (Web of Spider-Man #4)

No Caption Provided

Buck uses a gun designed to freeze someone in place. (Amazing Spider-Man Annual #4)

No Caption Provided

Creates a giant Spider-Man robot capable of smashing through walls for some reason. (Spider-Man Unlimited #4)

No Caption Provided

Creates a robotic lizard that nearly crushes Spider-Man. (Amazing Spider-Man #67)

No Caption Provided

Creates robotic versions of the X-Men, who are nearly as good as their counterparts, as stated by Spider-Man. (Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

Fires lightning at Spider-Man after blitzing him again with a dropkick. (Amazing Spider-Man #198)

No Caption Provided

Uses a realistic hologram and blitzes a dude from behind. (Spider-Man- Funeral for an Octopus #3)

No Caption Provided

Uses a spacecraft that moves at FTS speeds. (The Spectacular Spider-Man #50)

Uses hidden projections to confuse Spider-Man. Beck explains this later, stating that he used robotic cats and other practical effects to try and convince him he was mad (which did work, for the most part) (Amazing Spider-Man #24)

No Caption Provided

Uses images to fake his and Wizard's location. (Amazing Spider-Man Annual #4)

Conclusion

See, if you truly look at what Beck is capable of, I think he can pass as a low high tier.

Man, this RT was long and full of stuff. I can only hope that you guys appreciate the work I put into these.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#4 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18042 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst RT to date

#5 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio

Worst RT to date

Clearly, you did not read the first one I made, lol

But still, I'm glad you enjoyed it.

#6 Posted by King_Hellstorm (477 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#8 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18042 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by King_Hellstorm (477 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by King-Ragnar (4481 posts) - - Show Bio

So much wank...

Avatar image for majinblackheart
#11 Edited by MajinBlackheart (9638 posts) - - Show Bio

There's some pretty cool stuff in here. I've actually always liked his character design.

#12 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio

@king-ragnar said:

So much wank...

You see wank, I see truth

tbh if there is any massive examples I'll revise them if it's required

@majinblackheart said:

There's some pretty cool stuff in here. I've actually always liked his character design.

Thanks Majin.

Yeah, his design is amazing. Only a dude with as much swag as him could pull off that dome.

#13 Posted by GojiraKing1985 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: funny thing Ultimate Mysterio is in reality 616 Mysterio who made badass and powerful Doombot style Mysterio Droids. Good source of feats to add there.

#14 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: funny thing Ultimate Mysterio is in reality 616 Mysterio who made badass and powerful Doombot style Mysterio Droids. Good source of feats to add there.

I didn't forget about Ultimate Mysterio.

You can find his RT here

#15 Posted by GojiraKing1985 (449 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: i just figured you would combine it with this one since its the same guy.

#16 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio

@diarrhearegatta: i just figured you would combine it with this one since its the same guy.

Didn't have a good bit for him, and his physical stats are different. This therefore warrants a separate RT.

#17 Posted by Pipxeroth (9393 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicely put together, but have you ever considered doing RTs for good characters instead?

#18 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (6062 posts) - - Show Bio

@pipxeroth said:

Nicely put together, but have you ever considered doing RTs for good characters instead?

I think you are referring to my Defencestator Respect Thread as a example of a good character, smh. How you can say that while having a profile pic of Thing is beyond me.

This Beck lowball is unforgivable