Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online
No Caption Provided

I am the real god of all!

Introduction

He's a big edgelord and he's cool, I guess. Apparently he's going to get more feats in the future, he's getting hyped again for something. He's pretty strong, and seems to base himself on the manipulation of darkness, and the species that he created It out of.

In terms of physical stats, he doesn't have a clear level yet, but appears immensely powerful.

Durability

No Caption Provided

Tanks and survives the Big Bang, taking millions of years of energy in the process. (Venom #4)

https://twitter.com/Doncates/status/1120132305777983489

Cates himself (the writer of VENOM and creator of this character) states Knull is unkillable, and King Thanos didn't destroy him in his timeline, so that's a plus, I guess.

Future Hype

No Caption Provided

Eddie implies that Knull is more powerful than all of Earth's main teams combined. We'll see if this is still true when the rest of the run finishes. (Free Comic Book Day 2019- Venom-Spider-Man)

Symbote Creation/Manipulation

No Caption Provided

A tiny bit of Knull's essence is able to control Carnage. (Web of Venom- Carnage Born)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

After hiding inside another Symbote, he rips Eddie's off with ease. (Venom #6)

No Caption Provided

Casually tanks Venom's blows by using a non physical vessel, and easily removes the symbote using his powers. (Venom #3)

No Caption Provided

Creates a giant arm out of a Symbote and crushes a helicopter with it. (Venom #3)

No Caption Provided

Summons and controls a giant building tall Symbote that can no sell tank fire. (Venom #3)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Traps Eddie inside another symbote controlled by him. (Venom #3)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

He loses his full control over all Symbotes who were all over the galaxy after Thor severed the connection between him and them, making them seek out random hosts in the process. His current physical form is trapped under billions, if not trillions, of them consistently making sure he doesn't escape as he is still needed to prevent them going mindless. (Venom #4)

Void Manipulation

No Caption Provided

Was stated to be the god of the Exolon (another species of parasites) showing him to be the creator of them as well, likely through the same process as the Symbotes were created. (Guardians of the Galaxy #3)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Creates a sword out of the Void, using it to kill a Celestial in one hit. This blade would later be known as All-Black, or the Necroblade, the first Symbote ever created. (Venom #4)

No Caption Provided

With the creation of All-Black, he killed a billion stars worth of gods. (Venom #4)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

His former weapon forms with a young Gorr and gives him the capability to become the God Butcher in the process. Basically, Knull is the rightful owner of the Necroblade, and seems to be much better in using it. (Thor- God of Thunder #6)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

By manipulating the Abyss and bonding it with any other creatures, he found that he could control them, drain their energy for himself, and learn all of their knowledge in the process. This creation becomes the consensual symbote, and becomes a ungodly massive army that goes through half of the galaxy and destroy entire civilisations. (Venom #4)

Conclusion

He's got a lot more feats to still occur, to be honest. Based on what already has been seen, he seems to be pretty powerful, but until we get to see more of what his actual physical body can do, it seems to me that he's just ungodly durable.

Oh, and his summons are pretty powerful as well, I guess

Marvelx13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice Respect Thread.

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice RT, friend!

Cates himself (the writer of VENOM and creator of this character) states Knull is unkillable, and King Thanos didn't destroy him in his timeline, so that's a plus, I guess.

I'm not sure about this, though. King Thanos also didn't destroy the likes of Mephisto in his timeline, although to be fair, Mephy under Cates is far more powerful than is usually portrayed.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@andromeda101 said:

Nice RT, friend!

I'm not sure about this, though. King Thanos also didn't destroy the likes of Mephisto in his timeline, although to be fair, Mephy under Cates is far more powerful than is usually portrayed.

That tweet was directly addressing the question of another user who was asking if Knull was apart of the death count that King Thanos had during the "Thanos Wins" storyline.

I would always take tweets and statements by the writer with a pinch of salt, but considering the authority the dude has over both stories, I would take it as a legit variable for the most part.

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta: Oh, I'm not questioning its validity. I'm just wondering if as a showing, it's really all that impressive considering that as I said, Mephy also wasn't destroyed by King Thanos.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ProfessorRespect  Online

@diarrhearegatta: Oh, I'm not questioning its validity. I'm just wondering if as a showing, it's really all that impressive considering that as I said, Mephy also wasn't destroyed by King Thanos.

I mean, I don't see the statement as being anything particularly special, but it helps to understand the nature of his form if he can't be killed by most conceptual means.

Mephisto doing the same is also impressive, but as you already said, Cates likes bumping his power level up more than other writers. It depends on where you view Knull in terms of scale at the moment.

Andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Andromeda101

I mean, I don't see the statement as being anything particularly special, but it helps to understand the nature of his form if he can't be killed by most conceptual means.

Mephisto doing the same is also impressive, but as you already said, Cates likes bumping his power level up more than other writers. It depends on where you view Knull in terms of scale at the moment.

I say it's less about Knull and more about the other characters around him when written by Cates, though. I don't doubt his power and do believe Knull was created to probably be very high in Marvel's food chain, but it kinda gets hard to keep seeing that way when his creator is one of the most inconsistent writers when it's regarding power-levels. You can't help but wonder that maybe Cates is making the other characters job so Knull can look good, which wouldn't be the first time when looking at Thanos and Kingpin under his pencil.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@diarrhearegatta said:

I say it's less about Knull and more about the other characters around him when written by Cates, though. I don't doubt his power and do believe Knull was created to probably be very high in Marvel's food chain, but it kinda gets hard to keep seeing that way when his creator is one of the most inconsistent writers when it's regarding power-levels. You can't help but wonder that maybe Cates is making the other characters job so Knull can look good, which wouldn't be the first time when looking at Thanos and Kingpin under his pencil.

I guess that's kinda true. He one shot a Celestial with ease, and seems to exist above the knowledge of many powerful beings, as they don't seem to know he exists.

Power levels in modern Marvel are inconsistent anyway. It's hard to find a writer that will stick to a concrete interpretation of how powerful characters are supposed to be.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool that he’s tied to wraith

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers