Respect Karnak, The Inhuman Shatterer (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for deactivated-61699d62a80aa
deactivated-61699d62a80aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Respect Karnak, The Inhuman Shatterer (Complete Respect Thread)

My curse is that I see the flaw in all things. Systems. Philosophies. Structures. People. Everything. The bullet you fired at me was flawed simply by the act of being fired. You were flawed by being born.
My curse is that I see the flaw in all things. Systems. Philosophies. Structures. People. Everything. The bullet you fired at me was flawed simply by the act of being fired. You were flawed by being born.

Karnak was born son of Mander and Azur. Normally, Inhumans go through the process of Terrigenesis. Karnak however, did not. His parents choose this because Karnak's older brother Triton had to live in the water because of terrigenesis. Karnak's father took him to train in the tower of wisdom where he learned martial arts and the ability to see the weakness in everything. Ranging from objects to beliefs, fighting styles to the human body. Karnak became the royal advisor of Black Bolt and the best friend to Gorgon. He has helped S.H.I.E.L.D. with some stuff. He's the Magister of the Tower of Wisdom. He's a father. But above all, he is Karnak.

Karnak is my favourite comic character. Most people don't know him because almost no one reads Inhuman comics despite them being great. He's cool mainly because of his power set, but also his personality especially after Secret Wars. Karnak got his own solo series in 2015 which is also my favourite limited series.

I have been doing these Inhuman RT's lately because most of them don't have one, and they are mostly unknown. At least not a good one. Karnak is one of those. He does have an RT on Reddit but it misses a lot of information and sources. By now I have done my second and third favorite Inhumans (Lockjaw and Mosaic), so the GOAT couldn't stay behind.

Table of Contents

I. Strenght

II. Durability

III. Speed

IV. Skill

V. Weak Point Detection: Physical

VI. Weak Point Detection: Other

VII. Intelligence

VIII. Notable Encounters

IX. Miscellaneous

X. Conclusion

I. Strenght

Karnak possesses a small amount of superhuman strenght. However, with most feats it is hard to say if he uses his strenght or weakness detection when he uses striking or kicking opponents. I tried my best, but sometimes the context isn't clear.

No Caption Provided

Karnak flicks Johhny Storm away like he's nothing (Fantastic Four (1961) #45)

No Caption Provided

Karnak lifts a large piece of rubble and throws it (Fantastic Four (1961) #45)

No Caption Provided

Karnak yeets Maximus away a couple of feet (Fantastic Four (1961) #59)

No Caption Provided

Karnak hits Mjolnir out of Thor's hands (Amazing Adventures (1970) #8)

No Caption Provided

Karnak hurts Gorgon with a kick (Marvel Graphic Novel #39)

No Caption Provided

Karnak throws Gorgon a fair distance at high speeds (Marvel Graphic Novel #39)

No Caption Provided

Karnak somehow punches a pillar on Alpha Primitives (Inhuman Special)

No Caption Provided

Karnak hurts Major Victory with a slap (Guardians of the Galaxy (1990) #27)

No Caption Provided

Karnak hurts Richard Rider with a kick (Nova (1994) #12)

No Caption Provided

Karnak lifts a chunk of stone and prepares to throw it (Fantastic Four: Fireworks #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak (based on the textbox) kill Smasher with a kick (War of Kings #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak hurts some guy from the Imperial Guard (War of Kings: Who Will Rule?)

No Caption Provided

Karnak gives Old Man Logan a good kick (Extraordinary X-men #19)

No Caption Provided

Karnak one-shots a monkey with a casual kick (Secret Warriors #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak kills Vox Maximus with a couple of punches. This version of Maximus took an enraged Beta Ray Bill's Stormbreaker to the chest moment before (Death of the Inhumans #4)

No Caption Provided

Karnak makes a Kree soldier bleed with a kick (Death of the Inhumans #5)

II. Durability

Karnak has great pain tolerance, and more than human durability

No Caption Provided

Karnak takes multiple punches from Quicksilver at high speeds (Marvel Fanfare (1982) #14)

No Caption Provided

Karnak tanks Gorgon flying into him at high speeds (Marvel Graphic Novel #39)

No Caption Provided

Karnak gets hurt, but remains conscious when his own strenght returns to him a thousandfold (Inhumans (2000) #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak takes a blast from the Unspoken (The Mighty Avengers #27)

No Caption Provided

Karnak remains conscious after Blastaar blasted him (The Thanos Imperative: Devastation)

No Caption Provided

Karnak tanks a high fall (Karnak #4)

Karnak gets a fierce nosebleed, but isn't hurt after Iso manipulated the pressure around his head (Civil War II: Ulysses Infinite Comic #1)

No Caption Provided

More of a general Inhumans feat, but Karnak managed to tell Ms Marvel about diseases humans can get and Inhumans can't for seven hours (Secret Warriors #5)

Karnak gets stabbed by Vox, but remains smiling (Death of the Inhumans #2)

III. Speed

Karnak is an incredibly fast character for peak human standards

No Caption Provided

Karnak walks through Livewire's lasso like it's nothing (Fantastic Four (1961) Annual #5)

No Caption Provided

Karnak whoops Thing who never saw his attack coming (Fantastic Four (1961) #402)

No Caption Provided

Karnak disarms a man and switches positions with him in a second (Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4)

Karnak casually splits a bullet in half after it was fired (Karnak #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak dodges two blasts from a priest with the ability to fire energy blasts (Karnak #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak dodges an energy blast by Iron man (Civil War II #5)

IV. Skill

Karnak is one of the (if not) best Martial Artists within Marvel Comics

No Caption Provided

Karnak defeats five Alpha Primitives in one strike (Fantastic Four (1961) #47)

No Caption Provided

Karnak defeats three humans in one move (Fantastic Four (1961) #62)

No Caption Provided

Karnak skillfully takes out a mutant (Amazing Adventures (1970) #9)

No Caption Provided

Karnak defeats three men carrying advanced weaponry (Marvel Team-Up (1972) #11)

No Caption Provided

Karnak quickly defeats three opponents by chopping them multiple times (Inhumans (1975) #10)

No Caption Provided

Karnak defeats an opponent with a chop (Fantastic Four Unlimited #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak defeats three of Blastaar's minions at the same time (The Thanos Imperative: Devastation)

No Caption Provided

Karnak kills three armed men at the same time (Karnak #1)

Karnak takes out a full hallway of guards MCU Daredevil style (Karnak #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak kicks a stone precisely in a man's eye (Karnak #2)

Karnak defeats 4 creatures designed to keep everyone away after he was weakened from a big fall (Karnak #4)

No Caption Provided

Karnak kills an army of big spiders (Karnak #6)

V. Weak Point Detection: Physical

To put things a little clear, Karnak can see the weak spots in physical and non-physical stuff. I separated these from each other to not let the physical weak spot detection overshadow.

No Caption Provided

This page states how Karnak's shattering power works (Fantastic Four (1961) Annual #5)

No Caption Provided

Another explanation to how his powers work (Inhumans (1998) #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak easily shatters a block of marble (Fantastic Four (1961) #45)

No Caption Provided

Karnak casually shatters a diamond block, and he has been doing so for months (Fantastic Four (1961) #52)

No Caption Provided

Karnak clean chops his hand through a tree (Fantastic Four (1961) #60)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters a gun in multiple pieces (Fantastic Four (1961) #62)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters the surface of a reef and reveals a dome below it (Fantastic Four (1961) Annual #5)

No Caption Provided

Karnak clean chops through a pillar

No Caption Provided

Karnak chops a big boulder off. Look at the bottom right for the scale of the thing (Amazing Adventures (1970) #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak hits Thing hard enough to hurt him, and narrative states that Karnak can shatter "mountainous masses. He also shaked the entire building (Amazing Adventures (1970) #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters the entrance of a big cave, and Gorgon calls him world-shattering (Fantastic Four (1961) #131)

No Caption Provided

By hitting the street Karnak moves rubble in the air, thus burying Hulk (The Incredible Hulk (1968) #175)

Karnak shatters a metal robot (Inhumans (1975) #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters a big pillar with one chop (Inhumans (1975) #6)

No Caption Provided

Karnak senses the weakest point in Hulk's body and hits him with a blow that could waste an elephant (Inhumans (1975) #12)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters Pla-steel, and then he tells Gorgon the weak point to complete what he begun (Fantastic Four (1961) #240)

No Caption Provided

Karnak slices an armor that can withstand meteorites (Fantastic Four (1961) Annual #18)

No Caption Provided

Karnak finds a weak point in Ultron and hurts him (Daredevil (1964) #275)

No Caption Provided

Karnak finds a weak point in Ultron again (Daredevil (1964) #276)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters a prison of subzero ice (Fantastic Four (1961) #416)

No Caption Provided

Karnak brings a castle down with one punch (Quicksilver #5)

No Caption Provided

Karnak senses a crack in his glass while not even looking at it (Inhumans (1998) #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak senses a flaw in a force field surrounding Attilan (Inhumans (1998) #8)

No Caption Provided

Karnak detects where Attilan's fault lines are so that Gorgon can bring the entire thing down (Inhumans (1998) #12)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters a slab which can withstand Gorgon's hardest blows (The Thing (2006) #4)

No Caption Provided

Karnak finds the weak point in Gorgon and tells it to Triton to free himself (Secret Invasion: Inhumans #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak puts a guy to sleep with a touch (Realm of Kings: Inhumans #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak chops through a Danger Room robot, stating that it's a light exercise (Uncanny X-men: First Class #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters the glass of a Hulk-proof cell to commit suicide (Inhumanity #1)

No Caption Provided

While in hell, Karnak takes down a big brute (Inhuman Annual)

No Caption Provided

Karnak ruptures a man's liver by a touch, then proceeds to destroy his knee with a touch (Karnak #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters a metal door with a touch (Karnak #1)

Karnak brings down a multiple story building after punching it once (Karnak #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak kills a guy into a thousand pieces (Karnak #5)

No Caption Provided

Karnak states that he could bring the Helicarrier down by touching it at a single spot (Karnak #6)

With one strike Karnak disables someone's Inhuman powers. With the second he paralyzes the guy (Karnak #6)

Karnak shatters a stone being thrown at him at high speeds (Civil War II: Ulysses Infinite Comic #1)

Karnak hurts Ulysses by tapping him on the arm (Civil War II: Ulysses Infinite Comics #3)

Karnak hits a train and pulls out the motor by weak spot detection (Civil War II: Ulysses Infinite Comic #6)

No Caption Provided

Karnak elbows Iron Man and his armor gets damaged badly at that spot (Civil War II #5)

No Caption Provided

Karnak knocks out Swain with a nerve strike (The Uncanny Inhumans #MU-1)

Karnak names some weaknesses of the human body and finds the weakness in Spider-man (Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-man #3)

No Caption Provided

Karnak throws the Seeker out of a train with a touch (Inhumans: Once and Future Kings #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak shatters an Technarch, which is referred to as an "extinction-level threat" (Monsters Unleashed #11)

No Caption Provided

Karnak can see many flaws in the incapacitated Technarch which can allow it to be destroyed using Inhuman technology (Monsters Unleashed #11)

VI. Weak Point Detection: Non-Physical

Karnak doesn't only see weaknesses in physical objects. This is a power that writers decided to introduce 45 years after his first appearance, so that's why there are only more recent feats.

No Caption Provided

Karnak found three weak spots in Skrull communications while the Kree couldn't for years (Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3)

No Caption Provided

Karnak perceived sub-harmonic weaknesses in a force field that can be manipulated by Lockjaw (Secret Invasion: War of Kings)

No Caption Provided

Karnak is capable of finding the weakness in fighting techniques (Guardians of the Galaxy (2008) #15)

Karnak takes out an alternate universe Reed Richards, stating that his flaw was exuberance (FF (2011) #9)

No Caption Provided

Karnak sees a weakness in hell. Hell in this case is the Inhuman Lineage (Inhuman #13)

No Caption Provided

Karnak escapes from Lineage's soul hell (Inhuman Annual)

(First scan should be the last, the rest is in order) Karnak senses a flaw in a sound used as a weapon, and then counteracts it by making a frequency that disables their frequency (Karnak #3)

No Caption Provided

Karnak senses that Daredevil is blind and then makes himself completely silent (Daredevil (2016) #11)

No Caption Provided

Karnak breaks a force field surrounding Miles Morales (Civil War II #8)

No Caption Provided

According to the X-men, Karnak most likely saw that the Inhumans - X-men truce was going to fall (Inhumans vs X-men #1)

Karnak breaks out of Jean Grey's mental illusion by finding the flaws (Inhumans vs X-men #3)

No Caption Provided

Karnak can see Mosaic flickering, and 99% of Beast's scanners could not (Mosaic #7)

Karnak find the Unspoken's weakness in that his eyes are looking in the wrong direction (Inhumans Prime)

No Caption Provided

Karnak finds a spot in an aircraft that will create a thermal draft if there is enough heat (Secret Warriors #5)

No Caption Provided

Karnak prepared a contingency plan for the Ennilux Corporation by seeing the flaws in corporate law (Secret Warriors #10)

No Caption Provided

Karnak can see the weakness in arguments provided (Monsters Unleashed #11)

No Caption Provided

Karnak sees a flaw in Kid Kaiju's plan (Monsters Unleashed #11)

No Caption Provided

Karnak sees Lockjaw's weakness, which is probably being a thirsty boy (Lockjaw #1)

VII. Intelligence

Karnak is a highly intelligent character. You would expect nothing less from the royal advisor of Attilan.

No Caption Provided

Karnak designed Maximus' prison which was inescapable. Maximus escaped because another Inhuman helped him (Inhumans (1998) #7)

No Caption Provided

Karnak is capable of hacking into Skrull technology (Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak can fix Triton's breathing supply (Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3)

No Caption Provided

Karnak was able to upgrade Lockjaw to increase his range (Secret Invasion: Inhumans #3)

No Caption Provided

Karnak tinkered with Kree technology to create an upgrade for him (Secret Invasion: Inhumans #4)

VIII. Notable Encounters

As the main head to head fighter of the Inhumans, Karnak has a lot of encounters with named characters

No Caption Provided

Karnak fights briefly with Black Panther. He gets hit, but he rises right after. T'Challa even said that his strenght seems more than human (Fantastic Four (1961) Annual #5)

No Caption Provided

(Absolutely not a low end feat for Surfer) Karnak chops off a piece of stone to knock Silver Surfer out (Silver Surfer (1968) #18)

No Caption Provided

Karnak is capable of fending off every attack by Gorgon (Amazing Adventures (1970) #6)

No Caption Provided

Karnak beats the pulp out of Magneto (Amazing Adventures (1970) #10)

No Caption Provided

Karnak quickly gained an advantage on Pursuer, before the rest of the Inhumans interfered.

No Caption Provided

Karnak beats Vision by vibrating his hand (ignore him getting knocked out by Captain America) (The Avengers (1963) Annual #12)

Scan 1: Karnak gets slapped by Gorgon multiple feet away and rises almost immediatly

Scan 2: Karnak chops a tree to attack Gorgon

Scan 3: Karnak and Gorgon seem equally matched

It is notable to say that both of them were under the influence of Blackheart at this time (Daredevil (1964) #278)

Karnak fights Gorgon again, and he beats him quite easily (Inhumans (1998) #10)

No Caption Provided

Karnak easily defeats a Skrull copy of himself (Secret Invasion: Inhumans #2)

Karnak was fighting equally with Nightcrawler until the conflict broke up (Uncanny X-men: First Class #2)

No Caption Provided

Karnak K.O.'s Black Widow and gives Iron man a good kick before being taken out by Hawkeye (Inhumanity #1)

Karnak takes out an Iron Man suit, dodges a blast from another Iron Man suit, takes out another Iron Man suit, and then escapes them (The Uncanny Inhumans #14)

Karnak beats Sabretooth in a short fight. I should point out that Sabretooth is a mental illusion created by Jean Grey and the Stepford Cuckoos (Uncanny X-men (2016) #16)

Fantomex needs to link his mind to Karnak (Karnak is still under mind control here) to use his skill to disable some opponents (Uncanny X-men (2016) #16)

No Caption Provided

Karnak, who is still under mind control, teambusts a virtual X-men (Uncanny X-men (2016) #16)

Karnak beats both Fantomex and Jean Grey, while they had the element of surprise and the home field advantage (Inhumans vs X-men #5)

Karnak beats a mind-controlled Triton by disarming him and putting him to sleep (Inhumans Prime)

Scan 1: Karnak has a brief encounter with Taskmaster which lasted for some time until Scarlet Witch disabled him (Secret Warriors #4)

Scan 2: Quake confirms that Taskmaster got stomped by Karnak (Secret Warriors #6)

No Caption Provided

Karnak stomps Mr Hide who was teambusting Quake, Inferno, Ms Marvel and Moon Girl (Secret Warriors #5)

IX. Miscellaneous

Feats where I don't know where to put them

No Caption Provided

Karnak is a skilled Inertia Ball player (Marvel Two-In-One (1974) #71)

No Caption Provided

Karnak doodles on unbreakable Wakandan glass (Inhumanity #1)

Karnak roasts Phil Coulson (Karnak #1)

No Caption Provided

Karnak is a skilled Good Boy rider (Inhumans vs X-men #6)

No Caption Provided

Karnak is a skillfull torturer. Here he got information out of Dark Beast in like 2 minutes (Secret Warriors #3)

No Caption Provided

Karnak speaks some weird language fluently (Secret Warriors #5)

No Caption Provided

In addition to being a good boi rider, Karnak is also a skilled Dinosaur rider (Secret Warriors #12)

X. Conclusion

Karnak is pretty underrated, mainly because he suffers from jobbing. His feats re mostly ranging from street to mid tier like busting buildings, splitting bullets in half and tanking a hit from Blastaar, but he has some higher tier victories over characters like Vision, Nova, Mr. Hyde and also some lower tier characters like beating Taskmaster and going head to head with Nightcrawler. He's a pretty solid character, but he's known as the guy who lost to Daredevil and Black Panther. He shouldn't, because he's way above them in feats.

This is probably the biggest RT I have done yet, and I had a lot of fun with it. Like I mentioned before, he's my favorite character in all of comics, and he deserves more praise. And while it was a lot of work already, I'm not done with Karnak yet.

I hope you guys enjoyed yet another Inhuman RT!

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By FireStarLord73194

I’ve always liked Karnak. Imagine if you can learn this ability irl

Also what did he use to split the bullet?

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the tag again. I don't know anyone with an Inhuman has his or her favorite character.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mrsyg: if you do more rts in the future can you please @ me? i´m very interested

Karnak was always one of my favorite inhumans his powers have so much potential in my mind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’ve always liked Karnak. Imagine if you can learn this ability irl

Also what did he use to split the bullet?

Karnak probably splitted the bullet with a combination of speed and weakness perception.

Thanks for the tag again. I don't know anyone with an Inhuman has his or her favorite character.

Your welcome!

@mrsyg: if you do more rts in the future can you please @ me? i´m very interested

Karnak was always one of my favorite inhumans his powers have so much potential in my mind

Yeah, of course.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So that's how those Mexicans KOd Surfer: they accidentally hammered the same weak spot on the back of his head that Karnak hit when he kayoyed Norrin.

Nice thread.

Nah those Mexicans were just abstract tier

Thanks!

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He really became a better character in the last years. Looks like they know what to do with him now

levintwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is a good one in Fantastic four 132 where keeps from getting crushed by a giant android by chopping. I always blamed Karnak's jobbing on him being an obscure character usually fighting the main character in their book, and that his abilities would be a ko at best and death at worst for a lot. I have noticed a lot of times when he jobs he doesn't get to land hit either because of this. Which makes him look worse than he should be. Same thing happens to wolverine when isn't allowed to cut someone.

Avatar image for deactivated-610a41edded34
deactivated-610a41edded34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice respect thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@levintwo:

There is a good one in Fantastic four 132 where keeps from getting crushed by a giant android by chopping.

I looked the feat up, and I don't think it's good, considering he only stalled him for like, a millisecond until Black Bolt came in to save him.

I always blamed Karnak's jobbing on him being an obscure character usually fighting the main character in their book, and that his abilities would be a ko at best and death at worst for a lot. I have noticed a lot of times when he jobs he doesn't get to land hit either because of this. Which makes him look worse than he should be. Same thing happens to wolverine when isn't allowed to cut someone.

I agree with you on this one. It's a thing I noticed with a lot of characters while doing RT's. I've covered a pretty decent amount of B-Listers now and half the time they serve as a punching bag for the story's main hero.

Thanks for the feat anyway. It's nice to see someone who has the same interests as I do.

@mrpopo said:

Nice respect thread.

Thanks! Any suggestions?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: Maybe someone like the Winter Soldier? Ant-Man? Hawkeye? Red Hulk? The Falcon? Star-Lord? Some of these guys probably need some respect.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: Or someone completely obscure like Ka-Zar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrpopo said:

@mrsyg: Maybe someone like the Winter Soldier? Ant-Man? Hawkeye? Red Hulk? The Falcon? Star-Lord? Some of these guys probably need some respect.

Winter Soldier's Reddit RT seems pretty good. Hawkeye has a really well done CV RT already. Falcon, Rulk and Ant-Man realistically have too much appearances for me to cover. I could do Star-Lord at some point I guess, as well as the Torres version of Falcon.

@rac95 said:

@mrsyg: Or someone completely obscure like Ka-Zar

Ka-Zar sucks.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrsyg: I find him funny.

Also someone like Morbius would deserve some respect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rac95: I actually have Morbius on my list, but he's a pretty low priority.

Rac95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Rac95

@mrsyg: But you are at least respecting him. A lot of persons don't do it, they just see the handbook that says he can lift like a 1.000 lbs and ignore that he can go head to head with Spider-Man among other things and has tricks like his hypnotic abilities and gliding

levintwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By levintwo

@mrsyg:

Thanks for doing this there are a lot lesser known characters that can do cool stuff that nobody sees. Especially when the feats are scattered across guest appearances. You've probably already seen this since you the inertia ball thing Marvel two in one 71 but in 72 Karnak breaks out of restraints that were holding Thing and Gorgon.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@levintwo: No problem. I have fun making these. I've got quite a bit of RT's done at this point, which ypu can find here if you are interested.

That restraining stuff with Thing and Gorgon was supposed to get added because I accidently skipped that issue when I was making this, but I found it out later. Due to me being banned at the time I couldn't add it, and I forgot about it later. Thanks for reminding me, I'll add it in later.

Akumu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank