Respect Gorr, The God Butcher (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect

No Caption Provided

Feel that little lord of heaven? That sense of helplessness as you fall? That is how you feel to be mortal. Next you will learn how it feels to be butchered.

Introduction

Gorr's likely the only real part of Aaron's Thor run to be actually solid, through funnily enough, the idea behind such a character has already been done completely by another more obscure villain: Desak. Regardless, I find Gorr's execution to be performed far better, and he's also a pretty badass character in terms of physical stats as well.

Gorr's main weapon is the All-Black/Necroblade, a formidable symbiote created by Knull. Considering I've already done Knull's RT, that also by proxy means that I've done like 50% of the All-Black itself, lol. I figured I'd finish the job and get Gorr done as well so there's not a awkward gap in there.

Oh, and I'm also covering the All-Black feats from other users of the weapon (or at least the ones that can be quantified back to Gorr in particular).

All-Black

No Caption Provided

Minutes after stealing the weapon from Knull, Gorr instinctively creates a full suit of armor capable of travelling through space without issue, showing how easy it is to use the weapon (Thor- God of Thunder #6)

No Caption Provided

Is also able to create multiple artificial limbs for the user as well (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

Scan 1- Is powerful enough to create multiple deadly swords capable of cutting through Thor's frame with ease (Thor: God of Thunder #2)

Scan 2- It is stated that Thor only survives these blades due to his unique immortal nature. (Thor: God of Thunder #3)

Scan 1- The constructs that Gorr creates fester inside the body of their victims, eating them from the inside like maggots. (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

Scan 2- Worthy Thor eventually dies from being exposed to the All-Black for long enough (Thor: God of Thunder #11)

No Caption Provided

Takes out Worthy Thor in two blows using the All-Black's constructs, leaving him bloody (Thor-God of Thunder #5)

Scan 1/2- Ragdolls a young Thor using his constructs and easily deals with him. (Thor-God of Thunder #7)

No Caption Provided

The All-Black under Loki successfully guts King Thor and disembowels him (King Thor was implied more powerful than his father, Odin, due to overpowering him and being the person to kill him) (King Thor #1)

No Caption Provided

Slices through a moon casually and destroys it (King Thor #2)

No Caption Provided

A Necroblade construct slices through a sun thrown by King Thor (King Thor #2)

Scan 1/2- The Sword itself is insanely durable, being capable of not only surviving the intense forces of a black hole, but actually absorbing it into itself. (Thor- God of Thunder #22)

Scan 1/2- Drowns King Thor and Loki in a dark sea created entirely of his sword (King Thor #2)

Scan 3- Through Loki is incapable of escaping, King Thor with all of his might can only get his head and a single arm free, and struggles to get out

Scan 1/2- Easily overpowers Old Loki and traps him in a construct (King Thor #2)

No Caption Provided

Kills a being that was said to be powerful enough to wrestle with black holes for fun (showcasing just how insanely powerful the weapon is) (Thor-God of Thunder #3)

Scan 1/2- Gorr's constructs slice the arm off Old Loki and bind him, making the guy scream in pain. (King Thor #2)

Scan 1- King Thor using the sword is able to slice right through Old Galactus and chases him off Earth (Thor- God of Thunder #23)

Scan 2- Even Galactus himself admits that the All-Black was the reason why he was incapable to take Earth (it should also be noted that King Thor tried to beat Galactus without the All-Black and was incapable of doing so)

Scan 1/2- Loki using the weapon quickly overpowers King Thor, stabs right through him, and then bullrushes the guy through Asgard and to a nearby planet (King Thor #1)

No Caption Provided

Even the likes of Galactus are corrupted and absorbed by the blade, and he uses it to one shot dozens of planets with it (Mighty Thor #700)

No Caption Provided

The blade also gives Old Ego enough power to casually eat and kill Old Galactus (Mighty Thor #700)

Scan 1/2/3- Not only can Gorr's constructs survive the intense heat of a sun, but are potent enough to knock out and defeat Young Thor, Worthy Thor, and King Thor all at once, as well as completely covering the surface of said sun and blocking it out. (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

Black Berserkers

Scan 1/2- Gorr can also create independent constructs while in combat to fight against his foes. This example was when he was a lot weaker, where he summons a bunch of constructed crows to fight against Young Thor along with himself. These "Black Berserkers" would get far more powerful later on, however. (Thor: God of Thunder #2)

Scan 1/2- A single Black Berserker is able to fight Worthy Thor fairly evenly and send him flying with strikes, as well as match his own. (Thor: God of Thunder #1)

Scan 3- Thor himself states that the battle took "hours" before he could defeat it. (Thor: God of Thunder #2)

No Caption Provided

Some of them manage to overpower Worthy Thor for a bit (Thor: God of Thunder #5)

No Caption Provided

They battle and get shots on Worthy Thor and King Thor, making them struggle (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

Scan 1/2/3- A small army of them drown King Thor in darkness and knock him out: they only don't kill him in order to torture him more (Thor: God of Thunder #3)

Scan 4- King Thor himself states that this happened continuously for 900 years, after said army overthrew Asgard and killed everyone. (Thor: God of Thunder #7)

No Caption Provided

Are powerful enough to pierce through King Thor's armor and skin, dropping him to the floor in extreme pain (Thor: God of Thunder #4)

Black Planet

No Caption Provided

The entire planet as a whole was created by Gorr's weapon, and as such can be manipulated in ways close to All-Black itself. Through we don't get to see how large the Black Planet is, it is presumed to be at least similar in size to Earth. (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

No Caption Provided

Was potent enough to negate the magic of existing Skyfather gods, making them nearly powerless while there. (Thor-God of Thunder #7)

Scan 1/2- Gorr manipulates the planet in multiple ways, like creating a comet and sending it into space, ripping up a giant hole in the earth, and creating a construct that holds Young Thor, multiple gods, as well as the Mjolnir hammers. (Thor- God of Thunder #10)

Scan 3- This hole was described as being miles deep, showing just how far reaching Gorr's manipulation of the earth was.

Durability

No Caption Provided

Easily shakes off a punch from a young Thor while far weaker (Thor-God of Thunder #2)

No Caption Provided

Gets hit all the way into a moon from space by Young Thor with no injuries at all to himself (Thor- God of Thunder #9)

No Caption Provided

King Thor's hammer striking a sword construct does nothing to it (King Thor #1)

No Caption Provided

Even when completely destroyed, Gorr survives by living through All-Black: giving him a warped immortality close to a god himself. (King Thor #2)

No Caption Provided

Can also use his All-Black constructs defensively, using them to block a Godblast by King Thor with no trouble. (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

No Caption Provided

Tanks a Godblast that sends Gorr flying into a planet at lightspeed: the only effects of this blast seem to be psychological. (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

Scan 1/2- Tanks a lighting blast that sends him all the way to orbit while nowhere near full power and newly awakened (King Thor #2)

Scan 1/2/3- Tanks being smacked around by a entire pantheon of Skyfathers, only enraging him (King Thor #3)

No Caption Provided

The All-Black gives Gorr the capability to regenerate lost limbs. (Thor- God of Thunder #5)

No Caption Provided

Tanks strikes from Thor going all out to the point that his own strikes shattered small planets around him (Thor- God of Thunder #9)

No Caption Provided

The All-Black also successfully tanks a Godblast again when using Loki as a host (King Thor #1)

Necroverse Amp

Scan 1/2- Even without his physical body, Gorr can function and attack through All-Black itself: it turns out that Gorr's All-Black has been slowly feeding on the weakened universe, and as such Gorr was able to absorb the universe into All-Black, hence the term "Necroverse" being used. (King Thor #3)

No Caption Provided

Fires multiple comets at King Thor from a moon. (King Thor #4)

No Caption Provided

Gorr also transmuted moons into constructs created out of the All-Black, as it had been absorbed into it (King Thor #3)

No Caption Provided

Gorr states that all physical celestial objects now are connected to him as he sends King Thor away into a black hole (King Thor #4)

No Caption Provided

Quickly kills Toothgrasher and overpowers Old Loki with ease. (King Thor #4)

No Caption Provided

Uses two comets to crush King Thor and trap him between them. (King Thor #4)

Scan 1- Is only purged after a massive strike by King Thor which shakes the entire universe and destroys multiple planets. (King Thor #4)

Scan 2/3- (read from left and middle) Through there are misconceptions about the size and significance of King Thor's blast, it is openly stated after All-Black had been purged that King Thor had destroyed "the very foundations of the universe" and a later scan states that "little" of the universe was left after King Thor's attack: from this, we can very obviously discern that the attack was, indeed, universal, as well as All-Black's control over it. (King Thor #4)

Skill

No Caption Provided

Managed to make a god of torture submit to his brutal methods in under a day (Thor: God of Thunder #4)

Scan 1/2- Has a extensive knowledge of the gods due to these very effective torturing methods: this allows him to use and activate complex godly artefacts with little trouble. (Thor: God of Thunder #4)

Speed

No Caption Provided

Moves fast enough to be perceived as a blur and catches Thor mid fall (Thor: God of Thunder #2)

No Caption Provided

Gorr catches Thor again mid flight before he can even notice (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

Scan 1/2- Kills Perun's horse before Thor could even realise Gorr was there, clearly showing FTE (Faster Than Eyesight) capability (Thor: God of Thunder #2)

Scan 1/2- Gorr's snake construct moves from his planet all the way to another planet light years away in the space of a panel (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

Strength

No Caption Provided

Beats up Worthy Thor with a few strikes (Thor: God of Thunder #9)

No Caption Provided

Is strong enough to throw chunks of a moon at King and Worthy Thor from the surface of his own planet (Thor-God of Thunder #9)

Conclusion

Well, there you have it. Gorr is a insanely powerful guy capable of smacking around high tiers and giving even Skyfather level beings grief. His constructs can slice and cut through foes very easily, and Gorr's All-Black allows him to live beyond physical death itself, as well as absorb massive amounts of physical space, with time reaching the size of the universe. To say he's "busted" would be, frankly, a understatement.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Good job as usual, prof.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whatever people say about Aaron's run, Gorr is a lasting legacy. An easy top 10 Thor villain. Great Respect Thread!

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As someone who loves Aaron’s run, even I can’t argue that everything revolving around Gorr/King Thor is easily the best thing to come out of it.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By TonyStark6999

Does this mean that Universe, Creation, and Cosmos were used as a substitute for Multiverse in King Thor storyline?

No Caption Provided
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: I find that Marvel has a habit for mixing words like "multiverse" "universe" "cosmos" and even infamously in Molecule Man's case "omniverse" in-between each other. Unlike here, they don't define the difference between them so there's a lot of confusion in that regard, hence why people try to cherry pick and lowball specific parts of their cosmology because LT said universe or something when the writer means multiverse.

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642: @kangconquers: Thanks! I agree with your statement. Even if Aaron's run left a lot to be desired (at least for me anyway) Gorr will always be a lasting high point for it.

Battle123axe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice RT

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ahhhh so this is what you had planned.

Not bad I always liked Gorr and Old King Thor.

Avatar image for lazarus4tempest
lazarus4tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent work as usual, what took you so long???

takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 takenstew22  Moderator

Yaaayyyyyyy a character I actually know and like.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb17d874162a
deactivated-5fb17d874162a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great RT

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ehnkr2beboh: @takenstew22:@finalkingthanos: Thanks!

@lazarus4tempest: I had to make sure it was the best quality I could manage, lol.

@professorrespect: So, you think that Gorr should be Multiversal?

I mean, his whole Necroverse feat is very contextual: All-Black needed the time to absorb in stuff around it to achieve the required effect. From what I've seen and the multiple uses of "universal" it might be so, but it's not something I'd say he can do casually. The issue synopsis states the "multiverse" but that seems to be in relation to the general entropy that it was suffering from, not from Gorr himself. That's just what I interpret through.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well written character

The best of aarons run

Still cant stand gorr tho

Avatar image for deactivated-6025c60aa67c8
deactivated-6025c60aa67c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like this character good job

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Jason Aaron confirmed in Google mail that he was actually them as a substitute.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f07824e0850d
deactivated-5f07824e0850d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice RT Proff.

Definitely a character to get into if you want some deep gut-wrenching attributes.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@x-thedeathgod-x: Thanks! Gorr is the type of character where such progression is expected, but it's nice to see so much depth out of about a dozen actual stories where he's playing a main part.

sky-father

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

very good work

it sucks how writers have been treating thor but having a villain like gorr in his rogue gallery only affirms his status as one of the strongest heroes in all comics as he should be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea5f4ffce0c1
deactivated-5ea5f4ffce0c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fine work here.

Avatar image for thebestofthebest
ThEBeStOfTheBeST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome work, mate.

Underfire47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You really enjoy making these RT's, you should take a breather.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Any chance they'll just get rid of the all black ?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebestofthebest: @belisariuslicinius: @sky-father: Thanks!

You really enjoy making these RT's, you should take a breather.

Lol. I'd usually have like a week or two space between RT's, but due to the Lockdown rn, I can't exactly do much else.

@kgb725 said:

Any chance they'll just get rid of the all black ?

They did get rid of it in the King Thor timeline. Knull doesn't seem to have it at the moment, but he can just make it again anyway.

Avatar image for asgardianweapon
asgardianweapon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By asgardianweapon

@professorrespect:

i have one reference for how big the planet is

Gorr´s bomb is said to be moon sized twice (one by Thor and the other by aaron)

http://i.imgur.com/PeUMCJL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/PeUMCJL.jpg
No Caption Provided

his second answer

Then let´s look at the size of the bomb next to it:

No Caption Provided

https://i.imgur.com/hOiQCUx.jpg

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@asgardianweapon: Good detective work there. While I would see the Thor statement as perhaps hyperbole, Aaron saying it as well definitely seems to add some credibility to that idea. I wouldn't be surprised if the planet itself was that large, considering what little we see of it seems to show it as being enormous.

@professorrespect: Jason Aaron confirmed in Google mail that he was actually them as a substitute.

Yeah, I kinda guessed that. Most authors will use the terms interchangeably and it's basically a standard.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: Do you have a template of this Aaron email? I've seen it, I just need a easy place to locate it in case it needs to be directly referenced again.

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tonystark6999: Do you have a template of this Aaron email? I've seen it, I just need a easy place to locate it in case it needs to be directly referenced again.

Sure

No Caption Provided
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TonyStark6999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice RT Proff.

Definitely a character to get into if you want some deep gut-wrenching attributes.

smh took me a week and a half to figure that pun out