Avatar image for diarrhearegatta
Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6002 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Now that I have awoken, no man is safe!

Introduction

He's a big alien dragon that smashes stuff. Do I really need to say more?

I miss when he used to wear underwear, lol.

Database

No Caption Provided

Capabilities and traits. (Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe Golden Age #8)

Durability

No Caption Provided

Casually takes blows from Hulk, throwing him back with ease. (Indestructible Hulk #14)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Casually tanks Iron Man's repulsor blasts. (Iron Man #271)

No Caption Provided

Describes Iron Man's offence as stings. (Iron Man #17)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3

Easily busts out after being pinned by a few mountains on top of him. (Iron Man #271)

Is completely fine after being hurled to the Moon by Hulk, walking about after taking the impact. (Hulk vs. Fin Fang Foom)

It takes Tony forty times more internal power than usual to take out Foom. (Iron Man #273)

No Caption Provided

Takes a blow from Classic Mangog without being KO'd. (Deadpool comics are always questionable so take this with a grain of salt) (Deadpool #20)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Takes a few blows from Classic Hulk, quickly countering him after getting attacked. (Hulk vs. Fin Fang Foom)

No Caption Provided

Takes a thunderclap from Worldbreaker Hulk. (Incredible Hulks #634)

No Caption Provided

This is made more impressive due to Hulk not holding back whatsoever due to a lack of civilians.

Tanks a optic blast that smashes him into a building, destroying it. (Astonishing X-Men #37)

Fire Breath

No Caption Provided

His breath is stated to be as hot as a nuclear furnace. (Iron Man #273)

That's really all he has in terms of clear feats, tbh.

Skill

No Caption Provided

Foom is stated to a martial arts master. (through how a alien Dragon becomes a master of any fighting style, I don't know) (Astonishing Tales #24)

No Caption Provided

Seems to have knowledge of karate, using it to chop down the Living Colossus and break down a tree. (Astonishing Tales #24)

Soul Manipulation

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Attracts a bunch of lizards to reform into himself. (Iron Man #16)

Mutates a person into a dragon hybrid using a idol of himself. (Iron Man #16)

No Caption Provided

Shrinks his shape inside a person, hiding within their skin. (Hulk vs. Fin Fang Foom)

Speed

No Caption Provided

Can fly in space at a slightly faster pace than a spaceship. (Drax #11)

Moves in microseconds to dodge and attack Tony. (Iron Man #273)

Strength

No Caption Provided

Beats down Terrax and Drax. (Drax #5)

No Caption Provided

Casually grabs and hurls around a piece of the Great Wall. (Strange Tales #89)

No Caption Provided

Dazes Wolverine with two tail attacks. (Astonishing X-Men #37)

No Caption Provided

Digs out of a underground mountain. (Strange Tales #89)

Destroys a Iron Man armour designed to fight him. (Tony Stark- Iron Man #1)

No Caption Provided

Foom's attacks shake and shatter the mountains around him. (Iron Man #263)

No Caption Provided

Hits Iron Man hard enough to bounce him into buildings. (Iron Man #17)

Hits with enough pressure to shake the planet and cause global quakes. (Avengers vs. Pet Avengers #2)

No Caption Provided

Knocks out Iron Man after smashing him with his fist. (Iron Man #271)

No Caption Provided

Smashes a WW2 battleship in two. (Strange Tales #89)

Tail whips and holds down Iron Man using his strength. (Iron Man #271)

No Caption Provided

Takes down a harricarrier using his blows. (All-New Wolverine #8)

Transfiguration Beam

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Transforms stone statues and reanimates them. (Avengers vs. Pet Avengers #2)

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Transforms Thor, Iron Man, and Captain America into frogs off screen. (Avengers vs. Pet Avengers #1)

Conclusion

Foom's main strength comes from his rather impressive durability, with his mass and size giving him the ability to tank and brawl with high tier or above foes. While his own strength is limited, he has a rather underrated set of abilities, using hax in conjunction with his surprising speed and skill to throw people off his gameplan. Anyone assuming that Foom is just a dumb dragon that hits things is unknowledgeable to his true capabilities.

#1 Edited by DiarrheaRegatta (6002 posts) - - Show Bio

Credit

Big thanks to @majinblackheart for suggesting this character. Had a lot of fun getting his feats.

If you have a idea for a RT I could do, hammer a suggestion and I'll see if it is worthy enough of doing.

#3 Posted by Toratorn (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. You could also add FFF straining Sue's forcefield from Fantastic Four #1 vol.5 to Strength section and him dodging a beam that reached Moon in a panel from that Deadpool comic to Speed section.

Also, wasn't Avengers vs Pet Avengers comic non-canon? Marvel Wiki lists it as an alternate universe.

#4 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6002 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:

Nice. You could also add FFF straining Sue's forcefield from Fantastic Four #1 vol.5 to Strength section and him dodging a beam that reached Moon in a panel from that Deadpool comic to Speed section.

Also, wasn't Avengers vs Pet Avengers comic non-canon? Marvel Wiki lists it as an alternate universe.

I forgot about that force field feat, oof

Avengers vs Pet Avengers seems to be non canon, but it was listed as one of 616 Foom's appearances, so ehh?

That Deadpool feat is a strange one as well. I debated putting any of them in because the story seems strongly non canon (like, that beam blasted a hole in the Moon apparently in the past, which makes a whole bunch of stuff that happened there in other stories basically impossible)

But yeah, I'm glad you enjoyed it. You got any suggestions for stuff?

#5 Posted by Darth_Nimrod (2822 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work. And when it comes to suggestions, what about Dragon Man, or Blastaar?

#6 Posted by Battle123axe (9198 posts) - - Show Bio

nice. You could add his fight against Cho hulk, but other than that, nice work

#7 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6002 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work. And when it comes to suggestions, what about Dragon Man, or Blastaar?

I've been considering Blastaar for a while, to be fair. I might do him in the future.

#8 Posted by Toratorn (7575 posts) - - Show Bio

Avengers vs Pet Avengers seems to be non canon, but it was listed as one of 616 Foom's appearances, so ehh?

That Deadpool feat is a strange one as well. I debated putting any of them in because the story seems strongly non canon (like, that beam blasted a hole in the Moon apparently in the past, which makes a whole bunch of stuff that happened there in other stories basically impossible)

Eh?

Deapool issue is... weird. But it's not like the events of the issue happened in the alt. universe... who knows.

How about Klaw? He's pretty cool and his power is pretty unique.

#9 Posted by DiarrheaRegatta (6002 posts) - - Show Bio

@toratorn said:
@diarrhearegatta said:

Eh?

Deapool issue is... weird. But it's not like the events of the issue happened in the alt. universe... who knows.

How about Klaw? He's pretty cool and his power is pretty unique.

Klaw is cool, he just has a ton of appearances and most of them as him as like a background villain lol

idk, Foom in that universe was basically the same as 616, it's not like using Ult Cap feats for the 616 version. Doesn't seem like a drastic change between their stats. If there was, I'd not use those feats.

Avatar image for major_hellstrom
#10 Posted by Major_Hellstrom (18036 posts) - - Show Bio

In Marvel, everyone has skill

#11 Edited by Undert4aker (71 posts) - - Show Bio

Good respect thread, one thing though.

World breaker Hulk isn't the one that used thunderclap on FFF

Hulk also made that comment about him stopping to hold back AFTER he already thunderclapped FFF.

The whole point of Hulk going WBH is him holding back completely and turning into a planet buster, when that happened, this is what FFF ended up looking like

No Caption Provided

also some cool information about his size and weight

#12 Edited by Noone1996 (12123 posts) - - Show Bio

Great respect thread. I didn't know he had skill feats like that 🤣 I might add some more feats to this thread later.