Respect Exodus, The Psionic Savior (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect
No Caption Provided

I am NOT your enemy. But if you force me to this, I swear I will destroy what's left of your mind.

Introduction

Arf, Exodus was a big lame character from the 90's who acted as the "voice" of Magneto after the latter was unable to function.

When Magneto died for real for like the 5th time, Exodus acted as the leader of his Acolytes and fought against Joseph (Magneto's clone...because of course that'd be a thing in the 90's) for leadership of the group.

After being wiped out by Holocaust, Exodus went into hiding for a while, trying and failing to feed on X-Man's telepathic energy. He'd appear now and then through the early 2000's and really not do much until he made a comeback after House of M, furiously trying to do stuff and beat people up. He's apparently apart of Magneto's New Brotherhood and was allowed to go on Krakoa as apart of the new mutant nation.

He also has some goofy stuff about him being a 12th century Templar or something, isn't really talked about these days.

He's a pretty strong character, so I figured I'd give his feats a shot.

Database

No Caption Provided

Stats and stuff on him. (Marvel Legacy- The 1990's Handbook)

Durability

No Caption Provided

A sonic attack from Siryn does nothing and bounces off him. (X-Force #25)

Scan 1/2- Crashes with AOA (Age of Apocalypse) Holocaust while being within space, fighting him evenly (X-Men #43)

Scan 1/2- Despite being stabbed by Wolverine, charged by Cannonball and attacked by Rogue (with Cannonball's powers) as well as being smashed to the ground, he seems unhurt and uses his powers rather quickly. (X-Men- Legacy #262)

No Caption Provided

Sersi sends him flying into a building and is buried in rubble, but he isn't really hurt. (Uncanny X-Men #307)

No Caption Provided

Takes a charge from Rogue while she had Kid Gladiator's powers. (X-Men- Legacy #261)

No Caption Provided

Takes a strike from Frenzy that smashes the earth below him. (X-Men- Legacy #262)

No Caption Provided

Takes a two handed blow from War Machine. (Avengers West Coast #101)

No Caption Provided

Takes a uppercut from Colossus. (X-Men #202)

No Caption Provided

Tanks a bullrush from War Machine. (Avengers West Coast #101)

Skill

Scan 1/2- Dodges around a mutant that moved as fast as lightning as described by himself (he was completely depowered at this time as well) (Black Knight- Exodus)

No Caption Provided

Overpowers the Black Knight with a knife. (Black Knight- Exodus)

Speed

No Caption Provided

Bullrushes AOA Holocaust from behind before he could react. (X-Men #43)

No Caption Provided

Dodges a blast from Havok. (X-Men #162)

No Caption Provided

Moves at speeds so fast that he basically vanishes in the air. (Uncanny X-Men #307)

No Caption Provided

Exodus after brawling extensively with the X-Men and telepathically duelling Rachel Grey is still strong enough to fly at mach 2. Should be stated that he can teleport as well (cross country considering he was capable of going from the X Mansion to Utopia in a single bound) but Rogue stole that off him (X-Men- Legacy #262)

Telekinesis

No Caption Provided

At low energy, Exodus can feed on the psychic powers of others to make him stronger. This power comes into play when he's stronger, but to a far lesser extent (X-Man #14)

Scan 1/2- Blasts and kills a bunch of fodder using a massive psychic bolt. Wanda states that only her father (Magneto) would be capable of such power. (X-Men #26)

No Caption Provided

Blocks Black Knight, Cyclops, and Storm with a barrier while holding Scarlet Witch, Jean Grey, Quicksilver and Crystal at the same time and subduing them with his telepathy. (Avengers #369)

No Caption Provided

Blocks devolution energy from High Evolutionary by creating a psychic barrier. (Heroes for Hire #16)

No Caption Provided

Blocks semi automatic gunfire from War Machine. (Avengers West Coast #101)

No Caption Provided

Breaks through Magneto's shields. (Uncanny X-Men #14)

No Caption Provided

Breaks through the hull of a SHIELD Helicarrier (X-Men Annual #1)

Scan 1/2- Counters Wolverine and Rogue trying to fight him, throws them into Rachel Grey (breaking her out of her attacking his mind and preventing him from using his telepathy) and then holds all of the X-Men with his powers. (X-Men- Legacy #262)

No Caption Provided

Crashes evenly with X-Man's telepathic powers, of which the impact causes quakes and massive energy bursts around the area. (X-Man #14)

Scan 1- Crashes with AOA Holocaust's energy projection. (X-Men #42)

Scan 2- The blast was huge and covered a good part of Avalon (which was a massive ship, almost the size of a city considering it covered millions of people when it was within Earth's orbit)

No Caption Provided

Deflects a strike from Frenzy and holds her in place with his powers. (X-Men- Legacy #261)

No Caption Provided

Dominates Nightcrawler and Angel while maintaining a telepathic disguise as Magneto. (Uncanny X-Men Annual 1999)

No Caption Provided

Exodus was capable of completely repairing Xavier's brain using his powers after he had been shot in the head atom by atom but his own unconscious psychic defences won't let him (Exodus did eventually do this tho, just with help) (X-Men- Legacy #208)

Scan 1/2- Exodus with the assistance of a few supporters is able to send Joseph flying near the centre of the Earth from New Avalon, hurling him fast enough for him to burn up. This feat is a bit ambiguous considering even Joseph questions if he is actually being attacked or if he is just doing this himself. (Magneto #3)

No Caption Provided

His psychic bolts are capable of badly hurting people in astral forms, like Scanner. (Uncanny X-Men #315)

No Caption Provided

Hits Iceman and Havok with a massive blast. (X-Men #162)

No Caption Provided

Hits Wolverine with a blast so powerful it strips him to the bone, as well as deflecting Rogue (with Cannonball's powers) and Cannonball himself. (X-Men- Legacy #262)

No Caption Provided

Holds Colossus and a bunch of the Acolytes using his powers. (Uncanny X-Men #315)

No Caption Provided

Is easily able to overpower Crystal's elemental force. (Avengers West Coast #101)

No Caption Provided

Knocks down and one shots Sunspot, Cannonball, Cable, Siryn and Feral with a single telekinetic bolt. (X-Force #25)

No Caption Provided

Knocks down Rogue and Cable with a telekinetic blast (also note that cheeky mind read of both Rogue and Cable beforehand) (X-Men Annual #1))

No Caption Provided

One shots Fabian Cortez and teleports away using his powers. (Uncanny X-Men #304)

No Caption Provided

Overpowers Joseph's magnetic grip. (Magneto #3)

No Caption Provided

Rips and blasts back Rockside. (X-Men #202)

No Caption Provided

Sends multiple X-Men flying with a telekinetic wave. (X-Men- Legacy #262)

No Caption Provided

Sends Rogue flying with his powers. (Avengers #369)

No Caption Provided

Shatters a massive boulder as a noob who didn't even know about his powers. (Black Knight- Exodus)

Scan 1- Teleports and tags Cannonball with a blast. (X-Men- Legacy #261)

Scan 2- He was teleporting so fast that none of the X-Men could keep up with him and needed Rachel to edge out exactly where he'd be next.

Scan 1- Traps all of Genosha in a massive unbreakable energy shield. (Avengers #369)

Scan 2- War Machine tries to break through it, but fails and his suit is disabled in the process.

Scan 3- Exodus planned to pull the shield all the way in and essentially kill everyone apart from himself. Keep in mind he had this shield up while fighting with the X-Men and maintaining his telepathic grip on the population.

No Caption Provided

Uses his powers to increase Quicksliver's metabolic rate, killing his body at a fast rate. (Avengers #369)

Telepathy

Scan 1/2- Breaks into the minds of Aurora and Northstar, getting through SHIELD's psychic defences. Cable in particular states that such power would have to be world class. (X-Men Annual #1)

Scan 1/2- Controls a entire city, forcing them to live peacefully with mutants. (Uncanny X-Men Annual 1999)

No Caption Provided

Controls Crystal, 90's Jean Grey, Quicksliver and Scarlet Witch using his telepathic powers (WHILE the barrier is up and running, mind you). Xavier also states that Exodus must be a psychic of the first (best) order considering he was able to hide his powers from him. (The Avengers #369)

Scan 1/2- Constructs and uses a modified Cerebro scanner (it works successfully, it's just that there aren't any mutants worldwide at the moment) (X-Men Annual #1))

No Caption Provided

Exodus is described as a psionic of the highest order available. (X-Man #14)

Scan 1/2- Is able to ambush X-Man without triggering his powers. (X-Man #14)

No Caption Provided

Blocks 90's Jean Grey out of his mind, knocking her down while he was fighting AOA Holocaust. (X-Men #43)

No Caption Provided

Manages to block out one of the Cuckoo's from entering his mind. (X-Men #163)

No Caption Provided

Manages to break into and control dozens of mutant Sleepers, who were so resistant to telepathy that even Psylocke was unable to get into them. (Uncanny X-Men #14)

Scan 1/2/3- Manages to fight Xavier in telepathic combat for a bit and dominate him with visions and guilt from his past (Xavier had been very recently brought back to life and wasn't 100% tho) (X-Men- Legacy #210)

Scan 4- The battle was so powerful that Emma Frost, another accomplished telepath, feels the feedback from their battle thousands of miles away and states it would be enough to fry the brain of anyone within a hundred yards.

No Caption Provided

Manages to interrupt and weaken Emma Frost's telepathy while doing other stuff (New X-Men #46)

No Caption Provided

One shots all of the New X-Men and Shadowcat using his mental powers. (X-Men #202)

No Caption Provided

One shots multiple trained SHIELD psychics with ease. (X-Men Annual #1)

No Caption Provided

One shots War Machine and shuts him down. (Avengers West Coast #101)

Scan 1/2- Overpowers Sersi trying to take him down with telepathy. (Black Knight-Exodus)

No Caption Provided

Rachel Grey is unable to protect anyone who is accessed with his telepathy. (X-Men- Legacy #261)

No Caption Provided

Stalemates with Emma Frost in telepathy. (X-Men #207)

Scan 1/2- Takes a telepathic blast from Xavier (through he was clearly staggered) (Avengers #369)

Scan 3- Xavier states that he managed to do this thanks to Jean shifting through his mind for weaknesses, as well as the fact that he was also maintaining the barrier and fighting the X-Men and West Coast Avengers at the same time- overextending his reach, showing that while powerful, he has his limits.

No Caption Provided

Uses his powers to unphase Shadowcat. (Uncanny X-Men Annual 1999)

Scan 1/2- While Exodus was fighting Iceman and the rest of the X-Men, Rachel is fully focused on preventing him from using his telepathy, clearly being strained in the process as she fights him on multiple psychic planes. (X-Men- Legacy #262)

Conclusion

Exodus is likely one of the best telekinetic fighters that Marvel has, tbh. His range and ability to multitask is impressive.

The guy is also quite powerful in terms of telepathy, sparring with some of the best around and getting some good shots in. He doesn't focus on it but he'll use it in combat if he has the chance. The guy can hit people on multiple levels and he's clearly able to easily barrage through teams with weak or non existent telepathy defence.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Credit

@koays was moaning at me to get it done....so I got it done, lol

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Cool. He has decent feats.

geekryan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Great job!

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Aye, nice job. This guy was pretty cool.

Interested in Flex Mentallo?

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@life_without_progress: Ha ha sure, he's got barely any appearances and his powers are pretty cool. He'd be a good fit for these.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: From what I've seen Stryfe is pretty terrible by himself so I can easily say that Exodus is stronger lol

cosmic_reign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice work!

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmph, I inspire greatness

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edamame: dat is also true, I heard Sersi has strong featz

Avatar image for deactivated-5fd9371ae7062
deactivated-5fd9371ae7062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome he is a great character

Avatar image for cosmicallyaware1
cosmicallyaware1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

#16  Edited By cosmicallyaware1

I look forward to the day when Marvel decides to really define this character and his origins fully. Always thought he was pretty cool with untapped potential. Perhaps now that he is part of the Krakoan Mutant ruling council in the X books.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My boy Bennett gets some love, nice.

Kangconquers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The only villain the 1990s X-Men couldn't make happen. Super OP though.

PayneInTheAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

noice

Avatar image for lightninglord14
Lightninglord14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good job

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worth noting a couple of limits, though: he tried to drain a young X-Man, but X-Man not only matched him while accidentally powering him up, he also managed to rifle through Exodus' mind, picked up the connection to Apocalypse, and went berserk. He then fed Exodus more power than he could take, overloading him, dumped him down a crevasse and shut it after him.

Plus, there's that pesky self-confidence/faith thing.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Worth noting a couple of limits, though: he tried to drain a young X-Man, but X-Man not only matched him while accidentally powering him up, he also managed to rifle through Exodus' mind, picked up the connection to Apocalypse, and went berserk. He then fed Exodus more power than he could take, overloading him, dumped him down a crevasse and shut it after him.

Plus, there's that pesky self-confidence/faith thing.

Yea that was when he was weakened, hence why he was trying to drain Nate.

The self-confidence/faith gimmick is almost NEVER brought up, it's pretty much a non-factor ofc. Thanks for reading tho

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. However, he was also weakened while fighting Holocaust, someone who even a young Nate, while weakened (even when he only has his telekinesis), has repeatedly beaten to a pulp. In one case, beaten to a pulp before moving on to AoA Apocalypse, who he put on a plate for Magneto. I know that given my pen-name it seems a little awkward, but good respect threads note limits.

It's literally mentioned in the X-Men Legacy scans. It doesn't come up often, the same way Gladiator's doesn't nowadays, but it is still mentioned and acknowledged as a factor.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure. However, he was also weakened while fighting Holocaust, someone who even a young Nate, while weakened (even when he only has his telekinesis), has repeatedly beaten to a pulp. In one case, beaten to a pulp before moving on to AoA Apocalypse, who he put on a plate for Magneto. I know that given my pen-name it seems a little awkward, but good respect threads note limits.

It's literally mentioned in the X-Men Legacy scans. It doesn't come up often, the same way Gladiator's doesn't nowadays, but it is still mentioned and acknowledged as a factor.

RT's don't need to reference limits and/or anti feats, nor did I even say anything out of the blue like "Exodus can stomp Nate" or whatever. It's just spelling out the feats.

The faith stuff like comes up virtually never lol. It's never really been a critical factor in his fights and more of a poor excuse, just like Gladiator.

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of the best ones do. Don't get me wrong, this a great thread for pure feats, but I just feel that it misses out on a bit of context - such as how that fight ended. I'm not saying you should make up a massive list of anti-feats - just, if you're going to note an ability/a feat, note if there are any caveats (i.e. limits on the range, or how a fight turned out).

I thought it actually made him a bit more interesting than your average psychic powerhouse (of which Marvel has many). Sure, it's a potential vehicle for jobbing, but properly written...

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@nate-grey said:

Some of the best ones do. Don't get me wrong, this a great thread for pure feats, but I just feel that it misses out on a bit of context

The context of if he wins the fight or not is, frankly, irrelevant to the RT. It's feats, not Reddit where they have to cover every small insignificant factor because of overbearing mods.

- such as how that fight ended. I'm not saying you should make up a massive list of anti-feats - just, if you're going to note an ability/a feat, note if there are any caveats

I basically already do that in the RT, etc. Listing every single result of every single fight would be a huge waste of my time because that doesn't come into play in a Battles condition unless you are

A. A jobber who can't win one

B. You can't win a fight but have potent powers anyway

I thought it actually made him a bit more interesting than your average psychic powerhouse

It does, but it's also not really referenced or really shown off in any manner beyond maybe one or two bygone statements, alas.

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Agree to disagree on that one.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm. Agree to disagree on that one.

Well, glad to have the discussion anyway. It's good to have real criticism sometimes. Have you checked my other RT's?

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably, not that I know for sure.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably, not that I know for sure.

This'll help. I've got a good bit more psychic RT's so they may interest you.

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Nate-Grey

I'm mostly interested in the Marvel psychics, and you don't have many of them, but it's an impressive selection. :)

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm mostly interested in the Marvel psychics, and you don't have many of them, but it's an impressive selection. :)

There's this as well that's a whole collection of Marvel telepaths, if you like that more in particular. Thanks.

Nate-Grey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Appreciated. :)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some recent feats for Exodus

Exodus realizes that his power grows as more people believe in him. With Hope mimicking his powers, they shield from the attack of Selene's Kaiju (Immortal X-Men #2)
Exodus takes control of a newly resurrected Selene's mind to shut down the Kaiju she summoned (Immortal X-Men #2)
Exodus takes control of a newly resurrected Selene's mind to shut down the Kaiju she summoned (Immortal X-Men #2)
In a retelling of Exodus encounter with Black Knight and Sersi in the past, he is shown knocking BK down with TK and then
In a retelling of Exodus encounter with Black Knight and Sersi in the past, he is shown knocking BK down with TK and then "thrashed" Sersi in a TP encounter, taking knowledge of the Eternals with him (Immortal X-Men #5)

Exodus attacks the Eternals' Uni-Mind led by Zuras, which consisted of half their attack force (Immortal X-Men #5)
Exodus flew to the sun and tanked being right in front of it, before flying back to Earth. (Immortal X-Men #5)
Exodus bullrushes the Eternal Hex Syne, knocking her off Krakoa. She is roughly the size of the Empire State Building ( AXE Judgment Day #2)
Once Syne's armor was pierced, Exodus dove inside her and "tears at the internal essence" resulting in a massive explosion, killing both Syne and himself. He is stated to be a "being of supreme telekinetic potency" (AXE Judgment Day #2)

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect Duggan kinda confirmed what really happened in planet sized x-men. He and Jean apparently moved arrako through the external gate with their TK. Also, posted his recent feats from immortal and judgment day for when you eventually update the RT

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@marvelfan1992: Noice, these'll get thrown in when Exodus stops showing up as frequently as he does lol

marvelfan1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I know it's just a twitter exchange, but I think that's the closest we'll ever get to an actual explanation for what happened in planet sized, so i'd just roll with it lol. pretty great feat too if you think about how big arakko is compared to krakoa, and krakoa being 316 square miles in total area

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

PsiViners319

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By PsiViners319

Exodus' feats from the current era of X-men (house of X - onwards) as of Jan 14, 2023

Telekinesis

-

Exodus realizes that his power grows as more people believe in him. With Hope mimicking his powers, they shield from the attack of Selene's Kaiju (Immortal X-Men #2)
Exodus flew to the sun and tanked being right in front of it, before flying back to Earth. (Immortal X-Men #5)
Exodus bullrushes the Eternal Hex Syne, knocking her off Krakoa. She is roughly the size of the Empire State Building ( AXE Judgment Day #2)
Once Syne's armor was pierced, Exodus dove inside her and "tears at the internal essence" resulting in a massive explosion, killing both Syne and himself. He is stated to be a "being of supreme telekinetic potency" (AXE Judgment Day #2)
exodus teleports
exodus teleports
exodus blocks gunfire from sinister
exodus blocks gunfire from sinister
exodus throws a TK punch at an Eternal Hex
exodus throws a TK punch at an Eternal Hex
Exodus blows up Mr. Sinister a number of times
exodus obliterates Xavier some QC members with a TK pulse
exodus obliterates Xavier some QC members with a TK pulse
exodus and jean battle the Hex Syne
exodus and jean battle the Hex Syne
Exodus fights the Hex physically while fighting the Eternals uni-mind telepathically
Exodus and Hope take down Sinister's ship and shield form the crash

-

Telepathy

-

In a retelling of Exodus encounter with Black Knight and Sersi in the past, he is shown knocking BK down with TK and then
In a retelling of Exodus encounter with Black Knight and Sersi in the past, he is shown knocking BK down with TK and then "thrashed" Sersi in a TP encounter, taking knowledge of the Eternals with him (Immortal X-Men #5)
Exodus attacks the Eternals' Uni-Mind led by Zuras, which consisted of half their attack force (Immortal X-Men #5)
a cluster of cloned Xavier brains only stuns Exodus and the QC telepaths for a few seconds
a cluster of cloned Xavier brains only stuns Exodus and the QC telepaths for a few seconds
Exodus fights the Hex physically while fighting the Eternals uni-mind telepathically

-

Avatar image for marygcrisostomo
marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have read the Bloodties crossover and I saw nothing that indicates he was being boosted by the faith of people but I have been told that was the case. Can you confirm whether he was boosted or not? @professorrespect@psiviners319

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ProfessorRespect
@marygcrisostomo said:

I have read the Bloodties crossover and I saw nothing that indicates he was being boosted by the faith of people but I have been told that was the case. Can you confirm whether he was boosted or not? @professorrespect@psiviners319

It's not consistent and most of his older material doesn't really focus on or even address the whole "faith" amp. Bloodties to my knowledge hasn't got any mention of him being amped.

marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mage101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice feats but he's been pretty much underwhelming for an omega level mutant in recent years.

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect Is this a big molecular telekinesis feat?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Maybe?

It’s in the White Hot Room, so it’s uncertain as to where the water is coming from. The plane is based around Exodus’s dreams of the vision he had of the Phoenix back then. So, it’s unclear how Exodusbis getting the water.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrofn: Yeah I don't see how you could equate the feat itself to much of anything given the conditions of where he was actually doing the feat in the first place.

marygcrisostomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Exodus mind control people to believe in him and the get a power boost from their faith?

PyroFN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Exodus mind control people to believe in him and the get a power boost from their faith?

If I had to guess, not usually.

There might be some ways he could, like maybe editing the memories of those around him or any sort of tricking his people.

But actually forcing people directly is not a form of faith that would boost him. Faith just can’t simply be manufactured, from what I can tell.

del_torro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, in Sins pf Sinister, Exodus clones have planets of people trapped in psychic loops where they are forced to worship Exodus and make him stronger.

So i think its possible