Respect Doctor Mindbubble, The Psychedelic Super Soldier (Complete Respect Thread)

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

Edited By ProfessorRespect
No Caption Provided

Groovy.

Introduction

Horace Littleton was some dude working at Weapon Minus, a institution designed to create counters to Weapon Plus projects (like Captain America, Nuke, Wolverine, all those guys) and acted as a failsave in case those projects got out of hand or escaped.

Littleton, like many US scientists at the time, was fascinated with the idea of using mind altering drugs to achieve success in the field or in spy work, and eventually developed a Super Soldier Serum, but with a twist......he added LSD to it.

Unfortunately, Littleton wasn't known for being the most productive person around (which was implied was due to his hippy lifestyle at the time) and had his funding and test subjects cut.

Finding himself stuck between a rock and a hard place, Littleton injected the Serum into himself, which gave him the physical capabilities of a Super Soldier, but also gave him the bizarre ability to create bubbles that would trap the minds of those it touched into a dream world based on their greatest hopes and dreams. Using this power, he caused a lot of damage, eventually being imprisoned for the last 50 years by SHIELD, and was scrubbed from their databases.

Littleton would be later freed by the Iron Nail and would work with him to take down SHIELD. Cap was eventually able to deal with him, and he was last seen jumping off a helicarrier after his pipe used to create his bubbles was destroyed. His current location is unknown.

Don't do drugs, kids.

Intelligence

No Caption Provided

Accomplished tranquillity with himself while being trapped for 50 years. Also note that he ages like a Super Soldier so he's still young. (Captain America #17)

Illusion Bubbles

No Caption Provided

The bubbles trap a person inside a dream world of their greatest desires, of which Mindbubble can also kill you inside of the dream world as well, which translates to your actual existence as well. (Captain America #18)

No Caption Provided

The only way is escape or destroy his bubbles at all is to kill yourself within the dream world before it kills you. (Captain America #18)

No Caption Provided

He can also spam his unbreakable bubbles out to deal with multiple people at once, and they seem to be unlimited in how many he can use. (Captain America #17)

No Caption Provided

He can also travel on large bubbles to move around easier. (Captain America #18)

No Caption Provided

Mindbubble could control hundreds of people using his bubbles. (Captain America #20

Scan 1/2- Traps Nick Fury Jr in a illusion world, tricking him into accessing SHIELD databases and giving him access to them. (Captain America #17)

Scan 1/2- Traps Nuke in a illusion world using his bubbles. (Captain America #17)

Scan 1/2/3/4- Traps Captain America inside a detailed and strong illusion that he only escapes due to him knowing how to get out of bubble illusions from a outside source. (Captain America #20)

No Caption Provided

Uses big bubbles to block gunshots. (Captain America #17)

Reaction Speed

No Caption Provided

Blocks bullets using one of his bubbles before the bullets could hit him. (Captain America #17)

No Caption Provided

Catches Captain America with a bouncing bubble before he could deflect or dodge it. (Captain America #19)

No Caption Provided

Catches Maria Hill with one of his bubbles before she can counter them. (Captain America #19)

Strength

Scan 1/2- Horace is infected with a LSD varient of the Super Soldier serum, which gives him the stats of a Super Soldier. By implication, he should be capable of performing the feats of individuals who are also injected with it, like Captain America. (Captain America #15)

No Caption Provided

Beats down and counters Nick Fury Jr's flying kick. (Captain America #17)

Conclusion

While you may laugh at the dumb gimmick, the fact is that Mindbubble is pretty capable in combat, and his ability, unless you have advanced knowledge of it beforehand, is basically a one hit kill in most cases.

It also helps that his bubbles seem to be bulletproof and completely unbreakable by conventional methods.

Is having a pipe on your head that sends out bubbles silly? Yes. Is it worth covering? You damn it is.

Toratorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

His name sounds dumb, but his power is actually pretty interesting. Nice RT, as always.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toratorn: Yea the name is pretty terrible (though that's likely on purpose) but the ability is pretty cool.

Thanks for the complements tho

Avatar image for deactivated-62bb20d3566c2
deactivated-62bb20d3566c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Great respect thread nice seeing villains who aren’t that well known getting a thread.Would you ever consider doing some Spider-Man or Iron man villains?

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
FullMetalEmprah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FullMetalEmprah

Won't lie, when I first saw this guy's power I thought to myself, "How in the hell would that be dangerous to any decent street leveler?" But looking further in, the bubbles seem to be much faster than one would initially think, and if you're hit you lose essentially. Add Super Soldier stats on top of that and he's pretty solid. Good RT, love the ones with these more obscure characters.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fullmetalemprah: Nice to hear, I like covering much lesser known characters every now and then cuz they seem to have more interesting gimmicks

@noobmaster2001:I already have done some Spider-Man and Iron Man villains, but if you have any suggestions, I'm free to hear them

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95
deactivated-5ebcd5ad9fb95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have done some Spider-Man and Iron Man villains, but if you have any suggestions, I'm free to hear them

Reptil? Maelstorm? They have interesting power sets.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@andromeda101: Thanks! It's always nice to see you do something other than roast Zets, lol

@major_hellstrom:I've always wanted to do Maelstorm at some point, so expect him.....sooner than you think.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Zetsu-San

@andromeda101 said:

Thanks! It's always nice to see you do something other than roast Zets, lol

Sure, but don't get your hopes too high.

That's still my favorite activity here, heh.

Aww, you're so sweet. Glad to know interacting with me is still that important to you. =P

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@mylittlefascist: smh, why would you come to my scared RT's and not give any sort of thanks for how amazing they are

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: I didn’t want to “scare” your RT by directly addressing it...

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Well now I just don't want to.

I don't like being commanded. Especially not by someone who voted against me to troll. SMH

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mylittlefascist: Nah man Revan made better points than you, mister "Loki's fast cuz Thor's striking is fast"

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Zetsu-San

@professorrespect: Hey, I backed up Thor's striking speed. I also had a lot more showings for Loki's speed than just the scaling off of Thor.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Hey, I backed up Thor's striking speed. I also had a lot more showings for Loki's speed than just the scaling off of Thor.

Loki still slow af