Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Edited By ProfessorRespect
No Caption Provided

I'm Darkseid tbh

Introduction

Desak is, essentially, the prototype of Gorr- a man who had his whole life ruled and destroyed by rogue gods, and is given the power to destroy them all, as well as the belief that all gods were harmful to those who worship them and that everyone would be better off without them.

He's also really strong and stuff, perhaps maybe stronger than Gorr in some places (???) idk. He's pretty powerful and someone who's mega obscure, which is my favourite combo.

Some of Desak's feats are technically not canon as they take place in the timeline where Odin dies and Thor becomes King Thor, invades Earth, all that guff. I guess you can still count it as he's still the same character in terms of stats but whatever.

Database

No Caption Provided

Stats and capabilities. (All-New Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe #3)

Durability

No Caption Provided

The Gem allows Desak to be completely unaffected by the energy attacks of gods, allowing him to drain them and make himself stronger. (Thor Annual 2001)

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2

Scan 1/2- Absorbs and no sells a energy blast from a weakened Thor. (Thor #48)

No Caption Provided

Absorbs and no sells a energy blast from Odin Force Thor. (Thor #49)

Scan 1/2- Drains and no sells a unleashed blast of Odin Force designed to wipe him out of existence. (Thor #49)

No Caption Provided

Laughs off the Odin Force, stating that's he's been hit with and has conquered stronger stuff. (Thor #78)

Scan 1- No sells King Thor's enraged Odin Force. (Thor #77)

Scan 2- Desak states he is immune to his powers as a whole.

No Caption Provided

No sells Thor's strongest strike. (Thor Annual 2001)

No Caption Provided

Takes a strike from Destroyer, being sent through multiple buildings. (Thor #78)

No Caption Provided

Takes being thrown violently into a building and blasted from the Destroyer. (Thor #78)

Scan 1/2- The spirit within the Gem can teleport Desak away when defeated or killed and heal him back to full health, through this does take a while. (Thor #50)

Gear

No Caption Provided

Absorbs the strength of the Designate's hammer using his shield, and uses it to make him stronger. (Thor #48)

No Caption Provided

By clashing his gear together, his AOE blast takes out a weakened Thor. (Thor #48)

No Caption Provided

The Gem also allows him to sense the power of people, like what he did with Odin-Force Thor. (Thor #49)

No Caption Provided

The Gem grants Desak the power to see the gods that he is to slay, allowing him to spy on them without being noticed. (Thor #41)

No Caption Provided

Uses his powers to change the direction of Thor's hammer by manipulating the godly magical powers that were used by it. (Thor #78)

No Caption Provided

Uses his powers to control the direction of enchanted arrows, moving them away from himself. (Thor #78)

No Caption Provided

Uses the Gem to fuse with the Destroyer, gaining the same power as it has. (Thor #78)

Speed

No Caption Provided

Dodges turret fire in mid air. (Thor Annual 2001)

No Caption Provided

Tackles Thor so fast that they both burn up in a blur. (Thor #48)

No Caption Provided

The Gem also allows Desak to travel between dimensions and worlds in a single bound. (Thor Annual 2001)

No Caption Provided

Travels at the speed of light to travel to the Moon (Desak was way outside of the galaxy where he was awakened) (Thor #76)

No Caption Provided

Travels from the Moon to Earth in seconds, tanking the impact of re-entry. (Thor #77)

Strength

Scan 1/2- After restoring himself from being nearly melted from the Odin Force, he counters and stabs King Thor. (Thor #78)

No Caption Provided

Beats down and makes Odin Force Thor bleed with a single stab with his sword. (Thor #49)

No Caption Provided

Blocks a hammer blow by Thor and knocks him back. (Thor #48)

No Caption Provided

Blocks and knocks back a weakened Thor. (Thor #48)

Scan 1/2- Crushes all of Asgard's elite guard in a single energy blast. (Thor #77)

Scan 1- Destroys all of the Greek gods in a alternative timeline that was going to come to pass. (Thor Annual 2001)

Scan 2- Beta states that a being as powerful as this would have to be around about Galactus level in strength.

No Caption Provided

Easily beats down King Thor with his blows and eye blasts. (Thor #77)

Scan 1/2- Easily blows up and stomps Perrikus, the king of the Dark Gods who was strong enough to break Thor's hammer and was described as having "power infinite" by Odin himself. (Thor #43)

No Caption Provided

Hurts Odin Force Thor so badly that his screams are heard throughout the city and even in Asgard. (Thor #49)

No Caption Provided

It is stated that without the Bloodaxe, King Thor would have died to Desak's attacks, of which the ferocity was unmatched by any of his old foes that he had ever faced. (Thor #50)

No Caption Provided

Knocks back a Thor with weakened stats. (Thor #48)

No Caption Provided

Knocks Hercules back with a energy blast and knocks Beta mid charge with a single swing of his axe, which takes them out for a good majority of the fight. (Thor Annual 2001)

No Caption Provided

Takes down Magni (King Thor's son and with the same stats as regular Thor) with a single blast. (Thor #77

No Caption Provided

While infused with the Destroyer, he kills Loki in one shot. (Thor #79)

Conclusion

He's pretty strong, if only because of his direct counter to energy sources from gods, and he can basically beat up any of them with ease. He only lost the first time due to a axe that was enchanted, but not enhanced by magic, which was enough to get through the Gem's strength.

The second time, he was stuck inside a armour that disabled the powers of the Gem itself, and was taken out before he could destroy King Thor. He's a pretty deadly foe and one that should have more respect tbh

FFS91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Is this the king thor you said was non-canon? He fought with ThorBuster IM

No Caption Provided
FFS91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Pretty underrated villain tbh, they should use him more.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: The issue with King Thor/Reigning Thor is that it was canon, but then all of the events starting from Desak's death were reversed, so I would say that he's not canon now.

Pretty sure that's the same Thor.

andromeda101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Won't lie, I thought of Darkseid when looking at his pic here.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ProfessorRespect

@andromeda101: I'm pretty sure you haven't been the first person to make that comparison between them lol. They look very much alike.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@andromeda101: I'm pretty sure you haven't been the first person to make that comparison between them lol. They look very much alike.

Darkseid, Thanos, Mongul, Desaak, Apocalypse, and Kang; all look really similar.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Gorr is essentially the edgelord copycat of Desak. Except Desak is more resonable and less cruel and edgy than Gorr. He stopped threatening Thor when he realized that Thor is not a a-hole like the gods he has killed and only came back when the Designate warned him about Thor becoming Earth's tyrant.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

Darkseid, Thanos, Mongul, Desaak, Apocalypse, and Kang; all look really similar.

I think Jurgens wanted to give Desak a Kirby-esque look as an homage.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes, Gorr is essentially the edgelord copycat of Desak. Except Desak is more resonable and less cruel and edgy than Gorr. He stopped threatening Thor when he realized that Thor is not a a-hole like the gods he has killed and only came back when the Designate warned him about Thor becoming Earth's tyrant.

I think Gorr only become as unreasonable as he did because of the corrupting effects of the All-Black. Every host that had the sword (barring King Thor who had the willpower to overpower it) became obsessive and more and more unhinged as time went on: Loki with his connection to Thor, Galactus with his need to feed on planets becoming just a want to destroy as many as possible, Ego with his need to destroy the rest of civilisation, etc.

For Gorr, it turned his reasonable doubt and fury at the gods for not saving his family into a mindless rampage which was basically exposed as being a neverending quest for the guy. This makes perfect sense, considering the All-Black is a Symbiote, which as we all know, feeds and thrives on the extreme emotions created by the user, and spurs them further into those feelings.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect said:

Kang has the build of a regular guy with a blue face and a weird outfit. He'd stand out from the others

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kgb725: That's actually a mask. Kang is a regular human.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@professorrespect: Still doesn't make him less of a goth-tinged edgelord. And the reveal that All-Black is another symbiote kinda diminishes the character. But that's my anti-Aaron bias speaking. I hated Thanos Rising (i'm a big Starlin's Thanos fan) and his post-Original Sin run on Thor.

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: Quite a few Thor villains are woefully underused: Mangog, the Enchanters Three, Man-Beast, Fafnir, the Dark Gods.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: Quite a few Thor villains are woefully underused: Mangog, the Enchanters Three, Man-Beast, Fafnir, the Dark Gods.

Eh, I feel like Fenris should have gotten Mangog's role.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: yea vest back to being domain descendant again

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: I like Mangog. He's like Doomsday before Doomsday was cool.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mar-vell92: His design is really goofy looking, and Fenrir deserves the unstoppable monster role more, since he’s actually cannon to the mythos and actually served that sort of role.

Spambot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dcandmarvelcomicfan: The issue with King Thor/Reigning Thor is that it was canon, but then all of the events starting from Desak's death were reversed, so I would say that he's not canon now.

Pretty sure that's the same Thor.

King Thor is canon. Its the things which happened in his storyline after he separated Jake Olson from himself and then killed him which are no longer part of his continuity in the standard universe. That's what started his transformation from Lord of Asgard to tyrant of earth. He had a decent amount of feats as King Thor before that though which still apply to the character. After that storyline comes the RKT storyline where its explained that he felt unworthy of the OF after finding out what happened and was unable to use it until he became RKT.

ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spambot: Yeah, that's basically what I said. Desak's first showing up to his death by Thor is officially canon. His second showing and Destroyer amp is obviously not canon because the event that caused the spilt no longer happened.

Avatar image for deactivateduser
deactivateduser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yes

Mar-Vell92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Mangog just needs to have his design tweaked a bit, like in the Thor tie-in video game. That's just me but i find him more badass than a giant Moon eating doggo.

Zetsu-San

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zetsu-san: Mangog just needs to have his design tweaked a bit, like in the Thor tie-in video game. That's just me but i find him more badass than a giant Moon eating doggo.

He doesn’t have to look like a normal wolf, I can definitely picture Fenrir with a more monstrous. Maybe something between tribal and lovecraftian.

noobmaster2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Awesome thread, Desak is definitely impresive.