I was surprised this hadn't been done before, at least properly. It took eleven hours and I'm a little tired of these films now, but I think that comes naturally after such tedious work. Anyway, I hope everyone is satisfied with what I've archived and reviewed.
Note: Some of the .gifs are a bit heavy, so those of you with slower connections may want to be patient and conservative about opening them.
- Age: 30
- Height: 6'4"
- Weight: 195-225lbs
- Outran a train:
- Ran from the window Lois jumped out to the street before she could land, using his breath to cushion her fall:
- Caught a bullet:
- Changed clothes in a split-second:
- Spun fast enough to burrow underground:
- Caught up with a nuclear missile half way across the United States in seconds:
- Flew from space to beneath the Earth's crust in seconds:
- Dove into a tornado and turned it upside down:
- Reversed the Earth's rotation, turned back time and reversed the rotation again:
The .gif ended up being 109.2 MBs, thus I didn't think it would be a good idea to upload here, so here's a video clip:
- Reversed the Earth's rotation again, turned back time again and fixed it again.
- Visually, not much is different, but due to the size of the what the full .gif would be, I think it's best to only show a tidbit:
- Lifted a truck as an infant:
- Pushed a steel door off its hinges:
- Tires couldn't hold him:
- One strand of his hair supported 1000lbs:
- Sneezed a bowling ball through the pins:
- Caused an avalanche:
- Lifted a bus:
- Stopped a combine harvester with his bare hands:
- Crushed a car into another car fighting Nuclear Man 1.0:
- Lifted an elevator into space:
- Crushed coal into diamond:
- Caught and Lifted a helicopter:
- Straightened the Leaning Tower of Pisa:
- Lifted the surface of a frozen lake and carried it a few miles:
- Acted as an engine for Air Force One for ten miles:
- Punched Non into a building, causing an explosion:
- Battled Non underground and sent him flying through a nearby building:
- Threw Zod into a Coca-Cola advert:
- Overpowered Zod, Ursa and Non at the same time:
- Gave a missile enough momentum to travel to Saturn:
- Threw a mountaintop into a volcano:
- Lifted the Statue of Liberty with one hand:
- Gathered every nuclear weapon into a giant net and chucked it into the Sun:
- Lifted the San Andreas Fault:
- Effortlessly moved the Moon to create a solar eclipse:
- Slammed over the head with a crowbar:
- Bullets bounced off him:
- Fire did nothing to him:
- Could not be frozen:
- Could not be frozen a second time:
- Acted as a railroad track:
- Smashed into the Statue of Liberty and took no damage:
- Acid did nothing but dissolve Clark's jacket:
- A trash compactor did nothing to him:
- Another trash compactor failed to harm him:
- An electromagnetic crane dropping on him didn't faze him:
- Reflected a paralysis beam:
- Withstood Nuclear Man's beating:
- Flew into a tornado to rescue a child:
- Saw what color underwear Lois was wearing. 1:29:39 - Superman.
- Saw whether or not Lois had lung cancer with his X-ray Vision:
- Heard Lex Luthor from afar on a frequency only dogs could hear. 1:50:15 - Superman.
- Destroyed a wall of concrete with his Heat Vision:
- Froze part of a truck with his breath:
- Lives longer than human beings, implied immortality 1:35:20 - Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut.
- Stunned Non by throwing a cellophane insignia it at him:
- Teleported (or moved really fast) and created afterimages of himself (with one being physical):
- Erased Lois's memory with a kiss:
- Erased Lois's memory again:
- Froze the surface of a lake with his breath:
- Cooled magma to stone:
- Superman heard a dog crying far away and used his Telescopic Vision to focus on it:
- Blew oil back in its tank:
- Outmaneuvered 50 rockets:
- Stopped a runaway subway:
- Rebuilt the Great Wall of China with some sort of eye laser:
- Outmaneuvered Nuclear Man:
- Projected a child's voice to the people of the world - Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (deleted scenes).
Reeve was essentially Silver Age Superman, at least that's what he was based off, and his feats and power fluctuations are definitely in support of that. There were a few things I omitted, such as Superman lifting Lois's car and hitting a baseball into the upper atmosphere, as they seemed redundant and not really impressive given the rest of what's been listed here.
As far as the comic adaptions go, not too much is different. Superman undoes the tornado Nuclear Man creates, puts together the Great Wall by hand, even the subway tunnels are still round... for some reason. As for the novelizations, I don't really intend on reading them to archive statements here, but the one for Superman III is supposed to be really good, so I may read that and take a few notes.