lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Source

Marvel fans are prepared for some big changes in the MCU following Avengers: Endgame. We’ve been told repeatedly that the fourth Avengers movie will mark both the end of the first decade of the franchise and a new beginning for it. One obvious way to do that would be to totally revamp the team’s line-up, and if our intel’s correct, that’s apparently exactly what the studio’s got planned.

Sources close to We Got This Covered have confirmed that a New Avengers movie is in the early stages of development over at Marvel. Despite the title, the line-up being touted for the film is the group known as the Young Avengers in the comics – the next generation of heroes. Specifically, we’ve been informed that the rejuvenated roster will be made up of Kate Bishop’s Hawkeye, Hulkling, Iron Lad, Patriot, Wiccan, Stature and Vision (not Paul Bettany’s version).

The only casting confirmed so far is that Emma Fuhrmann’s playing Stature and, as has been theorized, she’ll be seen as an older Cassie Lang – Ant-Man’s daughter – in Endgame, which will introduce the concept of the new team as we say goodbye to the old one.

That certainly matches up with what we’ve heard already, too, as Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has admitted that the inclusion of Cassie in the Ant-Man films was part of a move to “plant seeds” for the arrival of the Young Avengers. Also, don’t forget that Katherine Langford’s turning up in Endgame as well, and she’s rumored to be playing Kate Bishop.

The rest of the reported line-up would also fit where the MCU is at right now. Young heroes like Patriot and Hulking would be inspired by Captain America and Bruce Banner, and then there’s Iron Lad who, well, let’s just say he’s closely connected with a Fantastic Four villain – a property that Marvel will soon get the rights to. Finally, Wiccan and Vision 2.0. are likely Scarlet Witch and Vis’ kids, with the latter replacing Speed from the comics.

Young Avengers, or potentially "New Avengers", whatever it ends up being called, is the next new movie in the MCU in development for the MCU after The Eternals and Shang-Chi.

Thoughts?

solar_nerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Marvel Boy AKA Noh-Varr should appear as well.

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Cool

Supermanthor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

What's funny is marvel already days that big surprises regarding young avengers are coming !

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Stahlflamme

They are at least considering Allan Heinberg fpr writing it, right? I mean he was the screenwriter of a succesful cbm and created the characters.

But well played marvel, now I'm actually onboard with them writing a book just to sync up comics and films if it gives me a young avengers book with the old roster and gets their characterizations back on-track with a competent writer after all that insulting bullshit I had to read since childrens crusade regarding most of them.

Also this means Mar-Vell is off-screen bonking a kree in Captain Marvel, right?

@solar_nerd: Why? He is both the most pointless member the team ever had and was written the most pointless out of all his characterizations in young avengers.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting. This move seems out of character for Disney/MARVEL Studios. Typically they prep and plant seeds in advance for setting up something like this and I can’t remember any instances of them making or dropping Young Avengers Easter eggs.

GeorgeWBush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I’m game so long as it’s written well

Gaoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oof, I have a bad feeling about this.

Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

Ehh, a bit too soon if you ask me.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gaoron: How so? Marvel has proven they can make any property work.

@magian: What do you mean? It's been over 10 years since the MCU first started it's the perfect time to build off the foundation of it.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Amcu

Honestly not interested at all in this beyond the fact that its MCU. I hope this is not true as it would really make me doubt the MCU's future.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: Explain?

Admittedly I don't know anything about them but I just have no interest in those characters. If they made just a regular teamup movie with them like GOTG than maybe it would be fine............................Maybe. But if its a major Avengers film I'm just not feeling the hype. I'm fairly young myself but the idea of a young version of the Avengers team is just not something that appeals to me, at all.

I also think that finding a large cast of great actors for diverse interesting characters will be very difficult. They've done a good job with Spider-Man but generally speaking young actors aren't that great IMO. And if its pretty much just young characters I could see the acting not working for some of them. I think the movie could end up feeling cheesy.

I'm not saying that it can't work out or that it won't but I'm certainly not interested in it and I fear I may not like the characters. Character work is the most important thing that the MCU has consistently nailed so if they fail that would be a bad sign.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anthp2000  Moderator

@amcu: You're not alone in this. If the OG Avengers depart, the MCU will lose a huge portion of its audience.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: You're not alone in this. If the OG Avengers depart, the MCU will lose a huge portion of its audience.

Yeah that's true.

I would think they would focus on what they'll still have that's great like Black Panther, Spider-Man and maybe Thor(A lot of people think Hemsworth will stay around for a bit longer)along with hopefully building Captain Marvel into a well liked character. Than maybe going off into some of the new Fox stuff that they have coming in. Planting the seeds for X-Men and maybe doing some Silver Surfer stuff.

New Avengers just doesn't feel right to me. I literally don't know anything about any of those characters which makes me think they're not very popular and it just makes more sense to me to adapt the Avengers roster in a different way to me.

phisigmatau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol who these scrubs

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: "I literally don't know anything about any of those characters which makes me think they're not very popular".

Actually the team is very well-liked and Young Avengers became a surprise hit of 2005, winning awards and proving those who were against it wrong. The only reason they aren't as well-known is because they haven't starred in a big adaptation like the MCU. Can we please stop with this cringy notion that "they aren't popular enough, they shouldn't be featured"? Because that's how they get more popular, EXPOSURE. The MCU was built on lesser-known and only recently did all their original top-tier stars return to them. That's something that should continue.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazorguns: The fact that they are not well known doesn't mean that they won't work. That's not what I meant. However, when you consider that the MCU has and will continue to have characters that are now well known and also are about to get back a huge number of their well known characters from FOX; the idea of making a bunch of lesser known, less popular characters the backbone of the Avengers team just doesn't make much sense to me.

I'm not saying that it couldn't work. But it does not seem logical if that's what they're doing. Regardless them not being popular isn't my primary concern. Just the idea of the New young Avengers doesn't sound nice at all to me.

xzone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They need to keep a few OG members in the movies to keep people coming back; I’m pretty sure marvel knows this

X

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: What? The Young Avengers are a separate team from the actual Avengers. Not the “backbone”.

Amcu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: What? The Young Avengers are a separate team from the actual Avengers. Not the “backbone”.

Well when it says this;

We’ve been told repeatedly that the fourth Avengers movie will mark both the end of the first decade of the franchise and a new beginning for it. One obvious way to do that would be to totally revamp the team’s line-up, and if our intel’s correct, that’s apparently exactly what the studio’s got planned.

it seems implied that they mean changing out the Avengers characters with the new Avengers. That's why I said that maybe it would be okay if it where a regular team up movie like GOTG but that I don't want it to be a major Avengers film. The idea of New Avengers just doesn't produce the hype I would expect from an Avengers event type film.

TheParadox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, post Endgame MCU doesn't seem interesting at all.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amcu: That seems a bit speculative, and the Young Avengers formed in the wake of the Avengers Disassembled event in the comics so that might be what they’re going for. In the comics they didn’t replace them there either.

huthimamwa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By huthimamwa

WeGotThisCovered is the worst source of false-rumors and dumb uncited BS on the internet.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/avengers/possible-details-on-what-marvel-has-planned-for-the-avengers-franchise-moving-into-phase-4-revealed-a165843

They’re not the only ones reporting it.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By rem

@anthp2000 said:

I highly doubt that considering the fact that they introduced the gotg comepletly new and everyone immediately grew on them. Also the fact that people tend to eat whatever the mcu gives them.

anthp2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 anthp2000  Moderator

@rem said:
@anthp2000 said:

I highly doubt that considering the fact that they introduced the gotg comepletly new and everyone immediately grew on them. Also the fact that people tend to eat whatever the mcu gives them.

It's not about the new characters, it's about the old ones. The Guardians being introduced didn't kick out the Avengers.

rem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rem said:
@anthp2000 said:

It's not about the new characters, it's about the old ones. The Guardians being introduced didn't kick out the Avengers.

True. I still think that the mcu has proved that they can make their characters somewhat enjoyable though. And my point stilkstats about people eating whatever the mcu gives them. I don’t think replacing the avengers would affect the general audienc.

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@magian said:

Ehh, a bit too soon if you ask me.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazorguns: We already have an exploding amount of heroes in MCU and Fox is going to join (James McAvoy had a good reason to not) it's not even better in TV because they're stuffed with somethings on occasion that cannot be made with TV's budget they need to give it a rest and decrease the number of heroes, then it'll be good.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@michaelbn: Decrease the number of heroes? Are you mad?

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

If Kate Bishop is in it I’m down, otherwise they’ll need to convince me, because I don’t care for any of the other Young Avengers.

lazorguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Penguin-Dust: It already said Kate is in. Besides, can't really have Young Avengers without her.

joshua755

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@amcu: I actually disagree with you but to each there own

Michaelbn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazorguns: No I'm not but this is big screen and there's TV, there is a lot more money and time to spend and with a shit load of characters, the focus won't be there.