REMINDER: Justice League vs Avengers (2012)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ManOfSteel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ManOfSteel11

As superhero fans, we know there is a huge rivalry between DC and Marvel. So, with Justice League and Infinity War coming out soon, I just want to remind everyone that this is the FIRST Justice League and should therefore be compared to the FIRST Avengers. First to First. Pound for pound.

EDIT: I'm not talking about box office numbers, guys. I'm talking film quality. Very different.

"It's not about the money. It's about sending a message."

MonsterStomp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone should lock this thread dibs.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manofsteel11: Nah forget all that if Justice League isn't on the same scale as IW I'm going off

Avatar image for deactivated-599632ff76068
deactivated-599632ff76068

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manofsteel11: No, because it'll be riding off of the first Avenger's coattails. So comparing them would be asinine

And it definitely won't make as much as Avengers. I'll delete my account if it cracks 1.6 bil.

cfrehse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok. Justice league has a lot to live up to then. Are u talking how much money its gonna make?

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necronn-: makes zero sense IW is an event, the grand climax to McU. Everyone was waiting for this movie through buildup from 2012. Not even comparable.

JL is the first team up just like the Avengers

Not sure why everyone is talking about box office numbers like that matters. Avengers made that money because of the first team up which is why the sequel didn't surpass it

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doom_phd:

makes zero sense IW is an event, the grand climax to McU. Everyone was waiting for this movie through buildup from 2012. Not even comparable.

A JL movie has been wanted for decades, with the ounslaught of Batman and Superman flicks.

Yes, but the Avengers character aren't nearly established as JL characters. There've been 8 Batman films and 7 Superman films. Not to mention the WW film. That's more films than the entire MCU, buddy. That's not even counting the 2 insanely popular JL shows, and the numerous Superman tv shows and the Batman shows, considered to be the best animated shows of all time.

Not sure why everyone is talking about box office numbers like that matters. Avengers made that money because of the first team up which is why the sequel didn't surpass it

Money basically determines the popularity. Duh. And Avengers AoU didn't make as much money because it wasn't a good movie.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thelastdragonborn
TheLastDragonborn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necronn-: Yeah the thread should be locked.

But Infinity War and JL are not comparable. It should be compared to Age of Ultron as it was riding the hype train for superheroes as well. Infinity War is just an unfair comparison for JL. Maybe JL 2 and Infinity war

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Doom_Phd

@necronn-: which Batman or superman movie prior to the DCEU hyped a JL movie? You're assuming the Universes were connected back then. From IM1 in 2008 we knew of a connected universe.

You just named 2 of the biggest heroes on the planet the JL consist of 7 members at a time. Wondy just got her solo movie so I don't see your point here.

Popularity =/= quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doom_phd:

which Batman or superman movie prior to the DCEU hyped a JL movie? You're assuming the Universes were connected back then.

A shared universe doesn't matter, people will see it purely because it has these characters that they saw solo movies of. And I love how you just ignored my point about the DCAU. Which was the original shared universe.

You just named 2 of the biggest heroes on the planet the JL consist of 7 members at a time

People will still see it because of the 3 characters they already know. (4 if you count Flash) Of course they don't know the other 2. But Cyborg was in Teen Titans, bolstering his popularity, and Teen Titans Go as well. Only one member has had a non-popular form of media behind them. And that's more then the Avengers could say in 2012. Thor and Captain America were nobodies with mediocre films, and Black Widow had only a small appearance. And Hawkeye was never seen, ever before. The only popular ones were Hulk and Iron Man. That means that JL has 5 popular characters and Avengers had 2. The odds are obviously in JL's favor.

Wondy just got her solo movie so I don't see your point here.

She's still popular, genius.

Popularity =/= quality

Quality was never brought up. If that was the case, this argument wouldn't need to happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doom_Phd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Doom_Phd

@necronn-: DCAU has nothing to do with live action, that mundane point to begin with

You're moving the goal post here, IW is an event that's why it's so hyped one of the major events in Marvel comics history. This movie will involve much more than the Avengers but the entirety of MCU a universe already and firmly establish

JL and DCEU is still defining theirs and hence why they should be compared to avengers 2012. I get it you hate DC and get nothing but gratification from Saying your favorite studio is better but let's be objective here.

Missed my point completely genius

O__O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Comparing a new movie to one that's a half decade old is not fair, especially since the things that made the Avengers so special is over saturated now, therefore the movie doesn't feel as good by today's standards.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@necronn- said:

@doom_phd:

makes zero sense IW is an event, the grand climax to McU. Everyone was waiting for this movie through buildup from 2012. Not even comparable.

A JL movie has been wanted for decades, with the ounslaught of Batman and Superman flicks.

Yes, but the Avengers character aren't nearly established as JL characters. There've been 8 Batman films and 7 Superman films. Not to mention the WW film. That's more films than the entire MCU, buddy.That's not even counting the 2 insanely popular JL shows, and the numerous Superman tv shows and the Batman shows, considered to be the best animated shows of all time.

Money basically determines the popularity. Duh. And Avengers AoU didn't make as much money because it wasn't a good movie.

This is the dumbest thing I've ever read. avengers 3 will be Iron mans 8th movie, Captains 7th movie, hulks 5th movie, Thors 6th? You do realise the MCU has 16 films right?

ManOfSteel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cfrehse said:

Ok. Justice league has a lot to live up to then. Are u talking how much money its gonna make?

No not in terms of money. Box office stats don't mean as much as people think when it comes to pure quality. Ironman 3 made a ton of money and that movie sucked, meaning that a lot of movies make money because of what people are expecting not because it's actually good. And vise-versa.

We'll just have to watch and compare the movies afterwards.

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manofsteel11: iron man 3 didn't suck id say about 74% of the community actually liked the movie. The only people who didn't like it are the Ones unhappy with the mandrian

ManOfSteel11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ManOfSteel11

@manofsteel11: iron man 3 didn't suck id say about 74% of the community actually liked the movie. The only people who didn't like it are the Ones unhappy with the mandrian

I thought it sucked, and not just because of the Mandarin.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21 the_stegman  Moderator

I would compare it to Avengers more than Infinity War.

Like the 1st Avengers, it's the first team up, while Infinity War is the culmination of 8 years of stories.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
deactivated-5a0c8d423f980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes Avengers, a series people have turned on over the years. The consensus seems Avengers one was overated and AOU was generic and mediocre. Sounds like Justice League doesn't have much to compete with. Still people will compare them anyway, people will compare it to Thor 3 as well. Making this post won't change anything

Saberscar223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@agencyagent34: both Thor Ragnarok trailers are kicking all the justice league trailers ass right now.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a89ca5697052
deactivated-5a89ca5697052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@o__o said:

Comparing a new movie to one that's a half decade old is not fair, especially since the things that made the Avengers so special is over saturated now, therefore the movie doesn't feel as good by today's standards.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MajorSour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MajorSour
@manofsteel11 said:

As superhero fans, we know there is a huge rivalry between DC and Marvel. So, with Justice League and Infinity War coming out soon, I just want to remind everyone that this is the FIRST Justice League and should therefore be compared to the FIRST Avengers. First to First. Pound for pound.

EDIT: I'm not talking about box office numbers, guys. I'm talking film quality. Very different.

"It's not about the money. It's about sending a message."

@ithemanwithoutfeari said:
@o__o said:

@deactivated-5a0c8d423f980 said:

Ah yes Avengers, a series people have turned on over the years. The consensus seems Avengers one was overated and AOU was generic and mediocre. Sounds like Justice League doesn't have much to compete with. Still people will compare them anyway, people will compare it to Thor 3 as well. Making this post won't change anything

Oh man the past posts' implications that first Avengers 2012 are aged enough to be inferior to Justice League 2017.....

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao

Avatar image for deactivated-5faef67d08995
deactivated-5faef67d08995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points