Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#1 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (9041 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen the battles, the debates, on how impressive he is/isn't. But, why don't people bring up these little details.

Strength: We've seen the Blue Whale brought up. But, why doesn't anyone talk about the first scene of the movie.

During his apprehension of the first bank robbers he encountered, Hancock lifted a Esclade with one arm.

Not something Superman couldn't do sure, but, what's impressive to me is that the vehicle had three men in it, along with whatever they stole, and three Mac 10's.

I'd like to also point out that this truck had twenty two inch chrome wheels. If you've ever changed a standard set of tires, you'd know that those son's of bitches are heavy.

At one point Hancock drops the truck, fly's after it, catches it, then throws it up in the air and drop kicks it through the needle of the Staple Center.

What's impressive to me, is that he was intoxicated the entire time.

His speed/reflexes.

People have brought up the missle and removing the bank robbers before the head guy knew what happened. Even making minor Sonic booms in his wake.

But, what about the fact that Hancock was able to chop of the lead thief's hand faster than he could remove his thumb from the detonator. Despite being ACROSS THE ROOM.

His Eyesight. When confronting Ray's son bully Michelle, Hancock throws the kid high enough and fast enough that he vanished from view, yet, could see exactly where he'd land, another impressive feat is that he moved fast enough to grab him casually while being drunk and wearing sunglasses.

There are a bit more. Not to start a DCEU Wonder Woman vs Hancock debate, but a rather vocal DCEU supporter says that Handcock can't out muscle Diana.

I respectfully disagree. While Diana did show impressive strength she showed effort to walk through No man's land, due to the heavy gunfire.

Hancock casually did similar in the earlier mentioned bank scene.

There was also Diana flipping the military Jeep and throwing it through a building. Impressive no doubt, but Hancock again, threw a Cadillac Escalade through the air with one arm. Flipped Ray's Volvo on it's back casually with one arm. All while drunk.

Diana struggled with the Jeep. Just saying, Hancock needs his just due.

Thank you for your time.

#2 Edited by Super_ninja (2826 posts) - - Show Bio

Hancock was a great movie, it just needs a sequel.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
#3 Posted by FireStarLord73194 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed, I don't find dceu wonder woman very impressive

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#4 Posted by _KingofLatveria (6459 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#5 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (2539 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by tj849 (8031 posts) - - Show Bio

He is definitely superior to DCEU Supes imo.

#7 Edited by MainJP (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Hancock is that dude, y'know? He'll shove your head up someone else's ass and won't think twice about it.

#8 Posted by Green_Tea (9137 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, my problem is that dumb users in the past would put him against the likes of 616 Thanos, Post Crisis Darkseid and pre Flashpoint Superman and make dumb arguments simply because he’s “invulnerable” when he’s far from Mary.

#9 Posted by itchman (184 posts) - - Show Bio

I mean, my problem is that dumb users in the past would put him against the likes of 616 Thanos, Post Crisis Darkseid and pre Flashpoint Superman and make dumb arguments simply because he’s “invulnerable” when he’s far from Mary.

He is powerful but god no not that strong.

#10 Posted by Batman242 (8322 posts) - - Show Bio

The military jeep weighed at least 7 tons. The Escalade weighs about 3 tons, 4 max with everything it had inside.

No doubt is Hancock stronger than she is, but she had to lift the heavier object.

#11 Posted by Lvenger (34357 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to have a problem with Hancock wank in the past when people claimed he was totally invincible from harm without his wife weakening him and could fight comic book Superman or Thanos. That wank's died now so I have no problem agreeing with Hancock being more impressive than DCEU Wonder Woman.

#12 Posted by Psy4 (151 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

I used to have a problem with Hancock wank in the past when people claimed he was totally invincible from harm without his wife weakening him and could fight comic book Superman or Thanos. That wank's died now so I have no problem agreeing with Hancock being more impressive than DCEU Wonder Woman.

Lmao and this is an actual real life problem. Sometimes when something goes overboard (e.g. X wank) we just have an opposing reaction to the atmosphere of the time. That opposing reaction often overshoots to compensate for the overwhelming thing we're resisting but long afterwards, when the wank has died down, rationality wins from both sides.

I'm sure I would have reacted the same way. xD

#13 Posted by Lvenger (34357 posts) - - Show Bio

@psy4: It was really strange and absurd. We actually had people arguing Hancock had a chance against Superman or even freaking Thanos.

#14 Posted by SuperHulk24 (224 posts) - - Show Bio

People argue like he is a gag character ala OPM because he was never truly hurt outside of when Mary was around and believe he is completely invincible. Reeve Superman, Smallville Superman would completely stomp him. Hancock loses to DCEU Superman too.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#15 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (9041 posts) - - Show Bio

@superhulk24: Oh I agree. I was just implying he'd be a fun fight for DCEU Wonder Woman. Well, if he increased his skill.

I think Will Smith mentioned that a sequel was hard to do, because of conflict.

No other immortals to battle or real threats.

Only that Hospital scene was badass. Certainly looked like he was in trouble.

They could always find ways to bring drama.

Avatar image for _kingoflatveria
#16 Posted by _KingofLatveria (6459 posts) - - Show Bio