Real life "Kick-ass". The Superhero era has begun?

• 106 results
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By soundbite
@G Bird said:
" @digifiend said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @G Bird said:
" As far as people saying he's an idiot and gonna get himself killed... that's the risk every super hero in comics takes so why can't you comprehend it now? I would of thought comic fans would love this kind of thing, I know I sure do! It's about damn time people do this, I'm surprised it took this long to happen. "
The difference is that is that comics are fiction, plus, as any avid comic reader knows, death hardly poses any real threat. A character won't die until the author wants him to die, and within Marvel and DC's universe, death itself seems to be a revolving door. Now in the real world, that's not the case. Death is very real, and very permanent. What Phoenix Jones is doing is putting himself in that particular danger. He's gambling with his life, and the odds aren't particularly in his favor. "
Exactly. Someone just died in Fantastic Four. Ultimate Spidey is about to die too. They'll both be back sooner or later. If Phoenix Jones dies, that it, no second chances. In comics, death isn't permanent, in real life, it is. He can't do any good if he's six feet under. "
You two don't get it: IT'S HIS CHOICE!! Obviously he knows the reality of his decision, that he could get killed in doing this. Same as every military person, police officer, firefighter and countless other jobs. If he wants to risk his life to fight crime, that's his choice to make and you can't do anything about it. "

His choice or not is irrelevant and no one here is trying to "do anything about it."  They're voicing their opinion.
NexusOfLight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By NexusOfLight
@G Bird said:
" @digifiend said:
" @NexusOfLight said:
" @G Bird said:
" As far as people saying he's an idiot and gonna get himself killed... that's the risk every super hero in comics takes so why can't you comprehend it now? I would of thought comic fans would love this kind of thing, I know I sure do! It's about damn time people do this, I'm surprised it took this long to happen. "
The difference is that is that comics are fiction, plus, as any avid comic reader knows, death hardly poses any real threat. A character won't die until the author wants him to die, and within Marvel and DC's universe, death itself seems to be a revolving door. Now in the real world, that's not the case. Death is very real, and very permanent. What Phoenix Jones is doing is putting himself in that particular danger. He's gambling with his life, and the odds aren't particularly in his favor. "
Exactly. Someone just died in Fantastic Four. Ultimate Spidey is about to die too. They'll both be back sooner or later. If Phoenix Jones dies, that it, no second chances. In comics, death isn't permanent, in real life, it is. He can't do any good if he's six feet under. "
You two don't get it: IT'S HIS CHOICE!! Obviously he knows the reality of his decision, that he could get killed in doing this. Same as every military person, police officer, firefighter and countless other jobs. If he wants to risk his life to fight crime, that's his choice to make and you can't do anything about it. "
No one's arguing against that at all. His choice or not, being a super hero in the real world is still something that has a very high chance of killing him. He doesn't have some writer to bring him back from death or anything, and yeah I'm not saying their aren't jobs out there that aren't as dangerous, but with at least being a police officer or a firefighter or whatever, there's coverage and all sorts of other stuff that Phoenix Jones doesn't have as a super hero. I mean, Marvel's Civil War made a big stink about that. He can do what he do for as long as he likes, but I still think it's a bad idea.
Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My opinion is , I think, there has to be some people doing this. Otherwise people will lose faith in hope,miracles and plus there are more people to save them so that's good.More motivated too.

those_eyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MORE HEROES! who wants to jump in the atomic waste first?

sure

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

CaptainSalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

The Real Life Superheroes Wiki focuses on anything related to the real life superhero—those who seek to emulate the superheroes of comic books, television and film by suiting up and doing good! This wiki will provide information on these individuals, their community and impact on the world.

http://rlsh.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page