• 73 results
Avatar image for purpledeadragon
PurpleDeaDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Rate the Live Action Starfire Costume (61 votes)

1 72%
2 8%
3 10%
4 0%
5 3%
6 2%
7 0%
8 2%
9 0%
10 3%

Well, I can´t say that is how I would have done it... Source.

No Caption Provided

• 
Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

1 (73%). We need to pump up those numbers.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Wow, and I thought Domino's costume for DP2 was bad. This....this is just awful.

brucerogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

The get up is making my eyes hurt.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There’s no nice way to say this...she looks like a 1970’s street hooker. If cheap whore is what they were going for they hit their mark spot on. Also, I won’t say I was right when I said since they hired a black actress it meant she wouldn’t be orange, but....

Zoe Saladana as Gamora & Paula Patton as Garona. I just thought they were going to use make-up/SFX. You know,like Manhunter in Supergirl. (I'm unaware how often he's actually MH in that show though. I don't watch it.)

Devilmenworks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Devilmenworks

@Penguin-Dust said:

There’s no nice way to say this...she looks like a 1970’s street hooker. If cheap whore is what they were going for they hit their mark spot on. Also, I won’t say I was right when I said since they hired a black actress it meant she wouldn’t be orange, but....

I know what you mean. I have seen other black cosplayers cosplay as Starfire and while they look Tamaranian, they don't quite have the full Starfire look.

@the_kidd said:

...Bruh, her hair looks worse than the clothing.

I agree.

No Caption Provided

Even if they are still going to add special effects in later, it still looks terrible. I am not saying they have to be 100% faithful to the comics, but Starfire should still look like Starfire even in civilian clothes.

Thedarkking25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahiem9123: I might sound wrong here but is that person playing raven a girl or boy becuase I can't tell

HATSoffMELO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rahiem9123: I might sound wrong here but is that person playing raven a girl or boy becuase I can't tell

it's both

MrAugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting on final product...but not expecting much right now.

ZackAttack14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this for the CW or the DCEU? It's still better than Medusa' s costume though.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well at least she is pretty.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@Penguin-Dust said:

Zoe Saladana as Gamora & Paula Patton as Garona. I just thought they were going to use make-up/SFX. You know,like Manhunter in Supergirl. (I'm unaware how often he's actually MH in that show though. I don't watch it.)

Yes, that was mentioned to me in back when Anna Diop was announced. I saw her inclusion as a statement DC was trying to make for this series about diversity and breaking away from expectations. Not everything is changing, but somethings are since DC had an opportunity to lead the Starfire character in this medium in a different direction. Marvel had the same opportunity with Iron-Fist Danny Rand, but they chose to go in a more traditional direction with the casting. I know many were hoping for an Asian actor in the role. For Kori, hiring a black actress meant that they wouldn't color over her blackness because that would weaken the authenticity of their position. Now, they might still do that by introducing some fictional camouflage device which allows her to appear completely human in public as a black woman while alien when the machine is off. I would find that discouraging, though as it sends the message that being who you actually are is not acceptable beit alien or black woman.

Anyway, here are some Robin picks from the set, too...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5b466be4b5981
deactivated-5b466be4b5981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King_Nomarch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5ad8603b3aaae
deactivated-5ad8603b3aaae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like a crack prostitute.

Avatar image for plotweapon16255
plotweapon16255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By plotweapon16255
No Caption Provided

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfCnkEnwGO/

To the ‘Titans’ fans:

Yesterday a photo of me on set leaked online. And it was unfortunate because fans have been waiting MONTHS for a photo of ‘Starfire’ and a sloppy (?) photo of me on a curb in 15 degree weather is what they got instead ? For the sake of our incredible fans - I hated that this is the first picture people are seeing. It’s out of context and it’s a misrepresentation of the incredible character I get to play. And also a misrepresentation of the phenomenal production behind it all.

With that said - the hate speech that followed was deplorable. And though I am highly unbothered ?? I do want to use this as an opportunity to say that tearing people down is not something that I tolerate. For myself or anyone else. Too often social media is abused by some who find refuge in the anonymity and detachment it provides: misused as a tool to harass, abuse, and spew hatred at others. This is weak, sad, and a direct reflection of the abuser.

Racist, derogatory, and/or cruel comments have nothing to do with the person on the receiving end of that abuse. And because I know this - I’m unfazed :) But for anyone out there who may not - I am here to remind you that whatever ugly and negative thing anyone ever chooses to say about you is always a reflection and revelation of themselves- it does NOT define you, and it certainly does NOT make you any less perfect than you are - Be you! Stay beautiful! Live breezy :) As always,

Much love ?

RBT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I somehow knew all the critics will be labeled racist.

Jgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

The casting choice is still bizzare, and I honestly have little faith.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f
deactivated-5d9ffabf0f29f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@king_krown said:
@Penguin-Dust said:

Yes, that was mentioned to me in back when Anna Diop was announced. I saw her inclusion as a statement DC was trying to make for this series about diversity and breaking away from expectations. Not everything is changing, but somethings are since DC had an opportunity to lead the Starfire character in this medium in a different direction. Marvel had the same opportunity with Iron-Fist Danny Rand, but they chose to go in a more traditional direction with the casting. I know many were hoping for an Asian actor in the role. For Kori, hiring a black actress meant that they wouldn't color over her blackness because that would weaken the authenticity of their position. Now, they might still do that by introducing some fictional camouflage device which allows her to appear completely human in public as a black woman while alien when the machine is off. I would find that discouraging, though as it sends the message that being who you actually are is not acceptable beit alien or black woman.

Anyway, here are some Robin picks from the set, too...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I get what you're saying, but that's confusing. Is it bad Manhunter & Miss Martian blend in as a Black man & white girl respectfully? I don't think her having a civilian cover would be bad at all. Pretty sure she doesn't want people starring every-time she goes out. More notably it shows there nothing wrong with being black,because that's what she's blending in as.

Most of the people who didn't know who Danny was,was expecting an Asian actor. Though that was a double edged sword anyway...because then people who want to be upset would easily go the "so every time there is an asian character,they have to know kung-fu?" route.

Wow,this is hard. easier to just make new characters..... but then people don't want to buy into the new characters. Nevermind,this is hard.

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

Somehow looks more like a hooker than any skimpy clothed incarnation of Starfire

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#72  Edited By Aros001

No Caption Provided

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhfCnkEnwGO/

To the ‘Titans’ fans:

Yesterday a photo of me on set leaked online. And it was unfortunate because fans have been waiting MONTHS for a photo of ‘Starfire’ and a sloppy (?) photo of me on a curb in 15 degree weather is what they got instead ? For the sake of our incredible fans - I hated that this is the first picture people are seeing. It’s out of context and it’s a misrepresentation of the incredible character I get to play. And also a misrepresentation of the phenomenal production behind it all.

With that said - the hate speech that followed was deplorable. And though I am highly unbothered ?? I do want to use this as an opportunity to say that tearing people down is not something that I tolerate. For myself or anyone else. Too often social media is abused by some who find refuge in the anonymity and detachment it provides: misused as a tool to harass, abuse, and spew hatred at others. This is weak, sad, and a direct reflection of the abuser.

Racist, derogatory, and/or cruel comments have nothing to do with the person on the receiving end of that abuse. And because I know this - I’m unfazed :) But for anyone out there who may not - I am here to remind you that whatever ugly and negative thing anyone ever chooses to say about you is always a reflection and revelation of themselves- it does NOT define you, and it certainly does NOT make you any less perfect than you are - Be you! Stay beautiful! Live breezy :) As always,

Much love ?

Oh, wow, what a f**king surprise. Turns out, the set photos that were leaked online with no context to them whatsoever were not an accurate representation of the actual final product. What a F**KING SHOCK!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Its not really a flattering photo, but no. Not feeling it as is

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Somehow looks more like a hooker than any skimpy clothed incarnation of Starfire

That's almost in an impressive feat. Make a character look more like a whore while having on much more clothing.

GothamCiti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It may be out of context, but I'm still skeptical.

RukelnikovFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers