Avatar image for life_without_progress
Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24030 posts) 2 months, 11 days ago

Poll: Rate the Japanese Animation Studio: Ufotable (9 votes)

1-Lowest 0%
2 0%
3 0%
4 0%
5 0%
6 0%
7 33%
8 11%
9 11%
10-Highest 44%

You've all heard the joke before (If you've seen all the Nasu-verse adaptations). Unlimited Budget Works.

Today's rate the Japanese animation studio segment features Ufotable. Currently famous for all the Type-Moon adaptations they've been making. From the rather vague but pretty to look at Garden Of Sinners OVA to the movie series based on the Heaven's Feel route of Fate/stay night. They're one of the few Japanese animation studios who can mix animation with CGI and make it incredibly gorgeous to look at (outside of the dead eyes)

Also, where's my Tsukihime adaptation, guys, you might make that Type-Moon series worth a damn with boring average, teenage vampire hunter boy and hot, blonde vampire chick who might be into attempted homicide, rape and possible a case of Stockholm Syndrome.

#2 Posted by FaradaySloth (8442 posts) - - Show Bio

6/10. If they made more stuff other than like, Fate I can give this studio more points

#3 Edited by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

They have some of the smoothest animation I've ever seen. 9/10. The lack of a point is due to the characters lack of noses at some angles.

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#4 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2452 posts) - - Show Bio

7, they have gorgeous work but tbh are kind of one-trick ponies in that they only really make high-fantasy stuff even aside from Fate.

Avatar image for fullmetalemprah
#5 Posted by FullMetalEmprah (3951 posts) - - Show Bio

^

#6 Posted by Helloman (28562 posts) - - Show Bio

7/10

#7 Posted by Kidolio (613 posts) - - Show Bio

Are we only rating them on how good they animate and not what they animate because if so 10/10.

#8 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5559 posts) - - Show Bio

perfect 10

#9 Posted by Magian (151199 posts) - - Show Bio

7/10. Animation wise they are usually among the better studios, they just need to work on their storytelling skills a bit more.