Avatar image for life_without_progress
Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24019 posts) 3 months, 11 days ago

Poll: Rate the Japanese Animation Studio: Kyoto Animation (9 votes)

1-Lowest 0%
2 0%
3 0%
4 0%
5 0%
6 11%
7 22%
8 22%
9 11%
10-Highest 33%

Today's Rate the Japanese Animation Studio segment features Kyoto Animation. A studio vastly known for it's slice-of-life anime shows and generally high quality animation. Some of it's known animated shows would be Violet Evergarden, The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lucky Star and Clannad.

I personally would rate them a 6 out of 10. The aesthetic aspects of their shows is probably one of the best of Japan's animation industry but the material they use for their shows just sometimes feel very mediocre.

For previous " Rate the Japanese Animation Studio" segments see below

Avatar image for gilgameshthepimptoendallpimps
#2 Posted by GilgameshThePimpToEndAllPimps (2444 posts) - - Show Bio

9-10, all of their stuff is deliciously gorgeous (Violet Evergarden solos in this department), and they are the kings of the "cutesy high school" shows.

#3 Posted by Yassassin (7632 posts) - - Show Bio

Haruhi solos, Lucky Star cleans up the remains.

#4 Posted by FaradaySloth (8436 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Edited by Magian (151195 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to animation, the studio is one of the best and most importantly, consistent animation studios in Japan. Even their worst looking episodes usually look better than the best looking ones of anime from other studio.

That said, like P.A. though they tend to work on anime I'm not usually interested in and they are somewhat lacking in story and execution. For that reason mostly, they get a 7 from me.

#6 Posted by seastone98 (4638 posts) - - Show Bio

Im not really into slice of life anime probably why i don't know this studio sorry man

#7 Posted by Chronicplane (8817 posts) - - Show Bio

9-10, all of their stuff is deliciously gorgeous (Violet Evergarden solos in this department), and they are the kings of the "cutesy high school" shows.

#8 Posted by Jgames (8079 posts) - - Show Bio

I have not seen much from them if I am being honest. But Violet EverGarden, silent voice and Maid Dragon are really great. So an 8.

#9 Posted by Helloman (28525 posts) - - Show Bio

8/10

#10 Posted by Vertigo- (17679 posts) - - Show Bio

#11 Posted by TheHercules (616 posts) - - Show Bio

7 from what I've seen!