Avatar image for life_without_progress
Edited 3 months, 27 days ago

Poll: Rate the Japanese Animation Studio: Gainax (7 votes)

1-Lowest 14%
2 0%
3 14%
4 0%
5 0%
6 0%
7 0%
8 29%
9 29%
10-Highest 14%

Today's rate the Japanese animation studio segment features Gainax. Home to some of the most acclaimed anime of all time (in their prime) and occasionally suffering from budget cuts which they're infamous for. Some of their most well known anime is that one mecha anime filled with psychologically broken people, sentient biological mechas and apocalypse scenarios on Biblical portions known as Neon Genesis Evangelion. Another mecha series they're famous is filled with drills and logic breaking optimism that end up making Dragon Ball franchise battles look like child's play that is known as Gurren Lagann.

They're also popular for the coming-of-age series filled with some of the best fight scenes I've seen in anime and is one hell of a trip known as FLCL.

Here's a list of past segments:

#2 Edited by Yassassin (7701 posts) - - Show Bio

6. They are a shell, a complete SHELL, of their former glory; the last series they made worth a damn came out almost 10 years ago. Khara and Trigger took practically of their worthwhile talent leaving them with nothing. That being said, they made literally half of my top 10 and practically Godfathered all of the mecha tropes that Gundam didn't.

Also EoE is easily in my top 5 movies of all times.

#3 Posted by seastone98 (4702 posts) - - Show Bio

#4 Posted by Galactic_1000 (5758 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by FaradaySloth (10087 posts) - - Show Bio

8/10

#6 Posted by Magian (151784 posts) - - Show Bio

7/10. They have made some of the most famous and influential anime but nowdays they are nowhere near that level unfortunately.

#7 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

1/10

#8 Edited by RukelnikovFTW (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

Extreme hit and miss, but the did amazing series, and I don't mind the misses if that mean I get to watch the hits.

9/10

EDIT: You know what, should have voted 10/10

Avatar image for jimjaspers20675
#9 Posted by JimJaspers20675 (281 posts) - - Show Bio

8/10 Evangelion was absolutely amazing, and was my first ever anime with Yu-gi-oh. Not been up to it lately though.