Avatar image for life_without_progress
Posted by Life_Without_Progress (24646 posts) 5 months, 3 days ago

Poll: Rate the Japanese Animation Studio: A-1 Pictures (13 votes)

1-Lowest 15%
2 0%
3 8%
4 8%
5 0%
6 8%
7 23%
8 23%
9 8%
10-Highest 8%

Today's rate the Japanese Animation Segment features A-1 Pictures which was established back in 2005. They're well known for mass producing multiple anime shows every year (To sadly inconsistent results. Guess that happens when you don't have a consistently reliable main staff for your studios and end up overworking some people to the point they commit suicide. I mean, seriously, A-1 Pictures deserves to burn in Hell). They're known for animating some popular series like Sword Art Online and Fairy Tail.

I give them a 4 personally. Occasionally bringing up gems like From The New World and Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash but it's always hidden under a dumpster pile of mediocre or plain bad media productions and terrible working conditions.

Here's a list of past segments:

#2 Posted by FaradaySloth (10032 posts) - - Show Bio

7/10, They're ok. I sometimes like the animations during the action scenes of their anime.

#3 Posted by seastone98 (4700 posts) - - Show Bio

Never seen they're work so I'll hold my judgment 4 now

#4 Posted by qwertyuiop1998 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

6/10,they sometimes is pretty good(like working anime),but sometimes they just dumping terrible junk

#5 Edited by Jgames (8187 posts) - - Show Bio

Grimgar of fantasy and ash was trash, but for the most part I do enjoy their stuff like Magi, Black Butler, SAO, GATE, even Ero manga sensei. So I say an 8. Also should have given MadHouse a 9 looking back at the anime I watch from them (I just really hate Overlord S2).

#6 Posted by Magian (151737 posts) - - Show Bio

I think a 6/6.5 should be fair. When they bring their A game, they can be great bit unfortunaty that doesn't happen that often.

#7 Posted by jashugan (6630 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the weaker big studios in terms of actual animation.

#8 Posted by Magian (151737 posts) - - Show Bio

^ No one beats Toei on that front.

#9 Posted by Helloman (30115 posts) - - Show Bio

6/10

#10 Edited by TheHercules (807 posts) - - Show Bio

Boku dake ga Inai Machi represents, for me! KgS is great as well!

#11 Posted by LawCol (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering how many anime they produce, a loss of quality is to be expected. However, even with their schedule, they are able to differentiate their art styles based on themes and moods, as opposed to simply reusing the same techniques in every one. Also they animated some of my favorite stories. So I give them an 8/10.