• 60 results
death4bunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

death4bunnies  Moderator  Online

Poll Raimi Spider-Man is lightning speed? (74 votes)

Yes 50%
No 50%

This all comes from novels and guidebooks and stuff.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Explicitly called lighting speed three times.

Shout out to @akz for the finds.

——

Now these are just statements, but to be fair statements like these have been used for years from other verses.

Starwars.

No Caption Provided

Witcher.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Tons of other examples but you get the point.

If it’s fair for these other verses, I don’t see why it wouldn’t be fair for Raimi Spidey.

• 
DatStupidGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Easily

RedHotStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice finds

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#5 frozen  Moderator

Its undeniable now. So much for the "Raimi Spider-Man can't bullet time" nonsense.

heiqn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@frozen said:

Its undeniable now. So much for the "Raimi Spider-Man can't bullet time" nonsense.

People lowball him by saying he can't bullet time so let's make him LS.

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@frozen said:

nassergrant19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for supremegeneration
SupremeGeneration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If these count for Raimi/Witcher/Star Wars why not for Percy too!

Great_Darkness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's definitely lightning speed, but most of those statements are pretty iffy, and are likely hyperbolic tbh. Pretty common hyperboles too.

frozen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11 frozen  Moderator

@heiqn said:
@frozen said:

People lowball him by saying he can't bullet time so let's make him LS.

Lightning as in reaction time. Garfield can dodge electricity. Holland did it in the NWH trailer. Tobey will likely do it in NWH too. Lightning is slower than electricity, so reacting lightning is very reasonable.

Avatar image for professorrespect
ProfessorRespect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

If these count for Raimi/Witcher/Star Wars why not for Percy too!

@JusticeforPercy

Avatar image for purplehairedni1
PurplehairedNi1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It’s common hyperbole, but he’s very likely gonna scale to that speed

-

Only Geralt’s first scan is a good lightning timing statement. His second one’s just hyperbole. Mace’s just describes how he has to quickly move in alternating directions to block, similar to how lightning descends in a jagged manner.

MrBlackDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's definitely lightning speed with reaction with all these statements and feats.

Thank you for reading this post! :D

-Mr. BlackDragon

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think 'lightning speed' is hyperbole, for sure. So he doesn't really have speed as fast as lightning. He is much slower than that, probably slower than the speed of sound too I think. Maybe he is around 60mph at running speed? He ran to catch the yellow bus in the first film.

Avatar image for kryptonianking88
KryptonianKing88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:

@kryptonianking88: ’With the speed of lightning‘ seems like too much intent in this one line. I mean... ‘speed of lightning‘ rather than just ‘lightning-quick’?

I think it can be used in support with more concrete feats like your calc (nice find btw) for high hypersonic Spider-Man, but it doesn't stand on its own.

buildhare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was hyperbole when used to describe Geralt and is still hyperbole now.

TrillCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is straight nerd shit.

ReaperTheGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TrillCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: Yeah, but there's levels to shit.

ComicGirl21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Wasn't Peter dodging machine guns in SM2 during the car chase? He did it so casually and while manouvering mid-air too, which would indicate that isn't even close to his limit.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@frozen said:

Wasn't Peter dodging machine guns in SM2 during the car chase? He did it so casually and while manouvering mid-air too, which would indicate that isn't even close to his limit.

Spidey aim dodge. With Spider Sense.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kaijuking
@akz said:
@kaijuking said:
@comicgirl21 said:
@frozen said:

Spidey aim dodge. With Spider Sense.

Novels specifically stated him dodging via pure speed mid-air, anyone could aim-dodge, it wouldn’t have been noted as impressive otherwise. He has plenty of other above supersonic feats too and a feat and scaling which backs the statements.

When are novels canon to Rami films? So many novels change or flat out have differences. Terminator films > differences in Movie Novels. Like big ones. Same for Godzilla 98 film to the film novel. Same for any Alien/Predator film feats and statements > to the differences in novels. This also applies to license video games of same films that take wild directions and changes many things as well, but suppose "Movie" in game form.

Unless Rami Spiderverse has stated official backing Novel feats same as film canon, like say Star Wars does or Kojima did with certain MGS things, then the Novel is not much proof. Unless again your using a COMPOSITE version of Rami Spider Man.

But what is shown on screen is not bullet speed. Nothing shown in time passage of background visuals to Spidey movements suggest anything above peak human aim dodging. Much less peak human movement speed combine with insane slow mo reaction time Spider Sense to aim dodge.

In other words I need a official quote the novels count if we are talking strictly live action version.

BTW, I dont really care if we ignore everything above and just agree bullet timing. I dont, its reasonable. Mach 1-2? Sure. but again Lightning is Mach 200. So people are using bullet timing Mach 2ish, if we allow novel feat to stand, to justify x20 that in lightning speed as legit possible? Thats such bad logic and science, like real bad. Which is what i was commenting on for @comicgirl21.

pedro2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz:

Yes the novels are officially licensed canon, and not only them but handbooks as well, you think of those as fair, right?

Not true. License novels or video games does not mean legit canon for what is in or shown in Movie. Writers and Video game makers take "LIBERTIES" with movie material. Thats a fact. Not sure why you think you can pull that. It has to be stated as canon to movie, like Star Wars, Monster Verse Godzilla, or MGS examples I gave. Show that.

The Raimiverse didn’t portray speed as FTE much since the FX shit wasn’t that advanced then, they mostly just showed normal visual speeds with the intent of showing bullet dodging and slow-mo at times, nonetheless do you not remember Spidey’s slow-mo perception?

Reaction feat not combat speed. I know that YOU know the difference. Seeing attacks incoming and the world in slow motion is not the same as running around delivering hundreds of punches a second or moving from point A to point B in mach speeds.

I should also add Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Xena Warrior Princess showed super speed legit well in low budget 90s/2000s era TV films. So VFX excuses are just that,.

It‘s pretty clear they were showing him dodging bullets in that car chase, otherwise they wouldn’t have shown it as something impressive, and the basis of the fact that Spidey is a bullet-timer is isn’t hard to grasp. Also check my calc above.

Same kind of dodging bullets that Rambo, Die Hard, 80s action stars doo. Yes. Not impressive visually.

Comic Spidey is also an easy lightning timer too lol.

Comic Spidey is actually barely Mach 4. He has several in comic statements of pushing Mach 2-4 at his best. Statements also state precog Spider Sense help Spidey with speedy issues. Statements > Outliers.

Also Rami Spider Man is not 616 Comic Spiderman so why bother compare? Thats like me comparing IDW Godzilla to Showa Godzilla. Not even close.

@pedro2 said:
@kaijuking said:
No Caption Provided

When it comes to live action Spider Man people get wanky as hell lately. I dont understand why. For over a decade people agreed on these characters speeds. Now past few months all of them are Flash level. Its getting out of hand.

No Caption Provided

pedro2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:

@arranvid: Lol you’re hilarious man.

Well I thought Raimi Spider-Man could run as fast as a cheetah, not much faster than that...just from what I remember from seeing him on screen. Of course Spider-Man is faster when swinging...but sonic or supersonic speed? I dunno. If you can show feats of him swinging at sonic or supersonic speed then I will change my mind gladly.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz: I thought that comics Spider-Man was way faster than Raimi Spider-Man.

ArranVid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz Just because Raimi Spider-Man can dodge lightning doesn't mean that he can move at the speed of lightning, that is more to do with spider sense reflex speed, not travel speed...just my take on it.

kaijuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akz said:

@kaijuking: Well sure… it says official novelisation of the movie with a stamp and IIRC came with the dvds.

Ok thats fair and I can see that as official then.