Quicksilver lightspeed feat?

ASGARDIANBRONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Looking through feats for the High Evolutionary i found this little gem.

Uncanny Avengers vol. 2 issue #9
Uncanny Avengers vol. 2 issue #9

The High Evolutionary creates a mini-black hole (awesome!) and Quicksilver actually outruns it. Am i right in assuming this is a lightspeed+ feat for QS?

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

If you are right, then it is at least FTL (like around 5 - 10xLightspeed) feat.

But to be fair that didn't look like a a black hole to me, and i'll explain why - it didn't bend light and absorb it, thus making around dark as hell, but given in comics almost every black hole forgets that it has such property (i mean really just look at all those instances) this could be in the same category of exception as well, but then there is the factor of how in hell was H.E. standing completely fine at that close range to it, he should have been affected by the massive gravitational force of it, which makes me not believe that it was a black hole, though it could be argued that he had some or sort of anti-gravity device negating its effect on him, i mean he is not an idiot, if he is gonna use that kind of powerful attack, he has to understand and adapt to those consequences.

But then, it had similar effects as black hole, you can see that H.E. compressess that plasma/energy ball, that it becomes so dense and starts becoming that small black hole type thing or whatever the hell it is, and as it absorbs more and more matter, it became way bigger, looks like a typical property of black hole to me, but that's just the way i see it. On a side note it also looked like dark/black, which means it was really absorbing light, and not giving any (hence the black color), so my point of it not affecting light around it, might be wrong.

And to be honest on such instances, we need better clarification, so it would be better IMO, if we simply asked the writer what he intended in that instance.

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

Is that really a Black Hole? And is travelling at FTL speed even consistent for someone like Quicksilver? If I remember correctly, he preformed similar feat only once, because he was amped.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@krleavenger:

Is that really a Black Hole?

No idea, but argument can be made for both sides. But it looks like black hole, acts like black hole, so it might be a black hole, albeit a mini one.

And is travelling at FTL speed even consistent for someone like Quicksilver?

Travelling FTL is like top-speed for characters, you don't see Flash or Superman doing FTL stuff every time, do you? We literally can count on fingers how many times PC Clark went FTL, even though he has appeared in 4000+ comics, so there is that as well.

If I remember correctly, he preformed similar feat only once, because he was amped.

The last time he did FTL feat was this, when he run faster than Radio Waves (which are Lightspeed), though i don't rememmber him being being amped here. The last time he was amped was the ISOTOPE E and TERRIGEN MIST which were only TEMPORARY, it was hinted in one of Magneto solo series.

No Caption Provided

KrleAvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 114

@lord_spectrum: True but at least I can list way more than 3-5 instances for Superman and the Flash, while Quicksilver has only one (two if you count this one).

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@krleavenger said:

@lord_spectrum: True but at least I can list way more than 3-5 instances for Superman and the Flash, while Quicksilver has only one (two if you count this one).

I would discount Flash, since he is pretty much the walking of definition of FTL, but otherwise, you are pretty much right, but Superman was FTL pretty much since the start of Post-Crisis, though Wally became FTL during Zero Hour (that time travel shenanigans though), while Quicksilver was just hypersonic at that times, that was that way till he got 2 upgrades, ISOTOPE E and TERRIGEN MIST, which gave him some time related shenanigan power (via speed or something like that) and some low level magnetic powers, while Superman didn't get any upgrade to his speed prowress, so there is that as well.

And also the main factor here is number of appearances in comics, but not those some random little panels or mentionings, but legit appearaneces and having some meaning in that story/comic, as well as the overall popularity of the character, the ammount of solo series (which Quicksilver had little of and were too short) and etc..these are key main factors here, and then even though Quicksilver didn't have reboots or such, still has way less appearances than Flash or Superman, he wasn't getting used that much and if he was he had minor roles and didn't do that much , writers started use him more often (but not that much often) post-X-Men: Days of Future Past, which made him quite popular, and so they started to throw him as an member of Uncanny Avengers and have some minor role in main events.

So what i am trying to say here is that there can be made some comparison between Superman/Flash and QS (like my example in previous post), but when we discuss the number of similar feats each of them performed (your example) we should look at the number of appeareances those characters had, as well as popularity, and their solo books (a.k.a the main feat source), and so far even with those minor roles and far less appearances he at least sort of performed 2 FTL feats, albeit post-upgrade (ISOTOPE E and TERRIGEN MIST), which limits his number of showings/appearances by solid ammount and makes his pre-upgrade appearances pretty much irrelevant in this case, while Flash and Supes don't really have such problem. I hope i explained my view on this matter.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
deactivated-5a84a212043e5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not sure of the context, but unless he somehow escaped the event horizon of the black hole, then no, he wouldn't necessarily be moving faster than light.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum: Its not a black hole, it looks more like a wormhole, energy isn't being siphoned into it as a black hole would, plus, at that size it would collapse instantly. It looks more like a loose interpretation of a black hole, but if I had to guess (using real world physics in this case) its not a black hole, but either a worm hole or some variation of it. A black hole wouldn't have light specks emanating from it.

Yarva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hooo boy. I'll sit this one and enjoy from the sidelines.

KanyeCosby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If that feat is legitimate, it's a massive outlier.

Lord_Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Lord_Spectrum

@jardinain2:

Its not a black hole, it looks more like a wormhole,

I don't think argument can be made for wormhole, since typically when we see wormholes, we see both sides (which is consistent in comics), while here we only one side, which leads people to think it is a black hole.

energy isn't being siphoned into it as a black hole would,

It's comics, black holes in comics forget many of their properties, as i already mentioned in my previous posts.

plus, at that size it would collapse instantly.

Comics don't care about real world logic, i mean it is just comic book logic/science.

Compareness can be made between RL logic/science and CB logic/science, but that doesn't mean it would be accurate.

It looks more like a loose interpretation of a black hole,

Pretty much every black hole in comics is that way, writers and artisits are not scientists they hardly know that much about those BHs.

but if I had to guess (using real world physics in this case) its not a black hole, but either a worm hole or some variation of it.

You would be right in a sense, but as i already explained when we see a wormhole in comics, there is typically mentioned something about (ie entering into it and getting into another place or something like that), as well as we see both sides of wormholes (the entering point and going out point). So i highly doubt it was a wormhole.

A black hole wouldn't have light specks emanating from it.

True.

But again it's comics, they don't follow real world physics, and let me introduce you to Rachel Grey who creates a black hole, which emits light specks of golden color, yet it is still a black hole, same thing with QS instance, i guess.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f
deactivated-5a90ca82ccb5f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lord_spectrum:

I don't think argument can be made for wormhole, since typically when we see wormholes, we see both sides (which is consistent in comics), while here we only one side, which leads people to think it is a black hole.

Not at all. Whenever a GL, Nova Corp etc. travel via "stargates" we only see the entrance and exit. We typically don't see both sides unless they are presented in such a way where its clearly talking about a wormhole.

It's comics, black holes in comics forget many of their properties, as i already mentioned in my previous posts.

I know. That's why I guesses via real world physics, because you cant determine whether or not it is a black hole or not.

But again it's comics, they don't follow real world physics, and let me introduce you to Rachel Grey who creates a black hole, which emits light specks of golden color, yet it is still a black hole, same thing with QS instance, i guess.

That's because when a singularity is first formed (a "micro" singularity doesn't exist) it gathers the energy around it, It doesn't appear black until it has sucked in all visible light from the spectrum. And since most Comic Book characters can see in more than one wavelength, it takes a while for it to truly appear black.

Joaquin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lord_spectrum:

That’s not even his full potentia. Right now he can run 13 trillion times faster than light. Let me explain.

he once said “ I looked up for a picosecond“ which is one trillionth of a second. light travels 186286 miles per second. So quicksilver moved his head 1.86286 x 10^17 miles per second. thats right not hour, second. Making him marvels 5th fastest speedster. Before you say that’s wank that was a canon feat and speedsters have never shown to move one body part faster than the other. He also has black hole escaping feats, time traveling feats, phasing feats. And more.

so he can run 1.86286 x 10^17 miles per second making him fast as crap. So pls stop bullying quicksilver flash fans. He’s not a statue anymore. Quite frankly, hes catching up. He now has a lightning trail when he runs. He can move a trillion times faster than light. Like hes not slow.

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He’s been ftl for a while now

Joaquin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@firestarlord73194: if you mean the radio wave feat that was confirmed non canon, but like i said above he is 13 trillion times faster than light so it doesn’t matter,

Avatar image for firestarlord73194
FireStarLord73194

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joaquin12: not sure what you mean because that was 616 to my knowledge, but not just that. No surrender quicksilver as well

Avatar image for deactivated-601ac24c0b37b
deactivated-601ac24c0b37b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I recall he had a Picosecond feat

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are aware light can escape black holes if they are small enough in mass or large enough in volume what causes black hole to absorb light and matter is their insane density creating an exponentially large gravitational pull that bends both space and time.

That black hole isn’t that dense so it’s gravity isn’t that strong as it’s clearly not effecting earth on a planetary scale so it’s more of a relativistic feat then FTL. For reference imagine our sun collapsing into 24km and it’s density going out the roof and it’s gravity already keeps the earth in orbit as the sun as a black hole it would absorb everything and the smaller it is the more powerful as long as the mass stays the same therefore meaning the density is insane it would absorb the atmosphere of not the world in seconds. This black hole shown isn’t impressive enough to be comparable to real black holes.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are aware light can escape black holes if they are small enough in mass or large enough in volume what causes black hole to absorb light and matter is their insane density creating an exponentially large gravitational pull that bends both space and time.

That black hole isn’t that dense so it’s gravity isn’t that strong as it’s clearly not effecting earth on a planetary scale so it’s more of a relativistic feat then FTL. For reference imagine our sun collapsing into 24km and it’s density going out the roof and it’s gravity already keeps the earth in orbit as the sun as a black hole it would absorb everything and the smaller it is the more powerful as long as the mass stays the same therefore meaning the density is insane it would absorb the atmosphere of not the world in seconds. This black hole shown isn’t impressive enough to be comparable to real black holes.

What? it's meant to be a black hole. I mean superheros can't really move the earth without effecting everything about it but do in comics. Characters having fights on the moon would effect earth and tides but again it happens all the time in comics. The black hole is just a black hole with comic book logic. It's definitely meant to be a black hole tho.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Your mistaken, I’m not denying it’s a black hole, I’m denying it’s a black hole capable of absorbing light, also your analogy about the moon isn’t correct, the moon affects the tides due to its gravity which only grows stronger the closer it is to the earth, as a result simply fighting at the moon won’t change the tides unless the moon is moved closer to earth. As for the black hole that I was talking about yes it is a black hole it’s just not a strong black hole, like I said if the sun was where the moon is it suck the earth up into itself, now if the sun collapsed into a black hole and was put where the moon is it would suck the earth millions of times faster, the black hole shown is either low in mass or not small enough in volume to create a density that would create a greater gravitational pull. Like I said for reference our sun only bends light and has a greater gravitational pull then that black hole, and yet you would assume that black hole which is less superior to our sun in gravitation pull would absorb light? Can you see what I mean, saying it’s a comic book isn’t an excuse because in this scenario your trying to quantify something so you need the right information to actually quantify otherwise it’s just wanking.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: Your mistaken, I’m not denying it’s a black hole, I’m denying it’s a black hole capable of absorbing light, also your analogy about the moon isn’t correct, the moon affects the tides due to its gravity which only grows stronger the closer it is to the earth, as a result simply fighting at the moon won’t change the tides unless the moon is moved closer to earth. As for the black hole that I was talking about yes it is a black hole it’s just not a strong black hole, like I said if the sun was where the moon is it suck the earth up into itself, now if the sun collapsed into a black hole and was put where the moon is it would suck the earth millions of times faster, the black hole shown is either low in mass or not small enough in volume to create a density that would create a greater gravitational pull. Like I said for reference our sun only bends light and has a greater gravitational pull then that black hole, and yet you would assume that black hole which is less superior to our sun in gravitation pull would absorb light? Can you see what I mean, saying it’s a comic book isn’t an excuse because in this scenario your trying to quantify something so you need the right information to actually quantify otherwise it’s just wanking.

I disagree. Fighting on the moon would change the size and gravitational pull. You again are using real world science for a comic book and i get what you are saying. I am saying that's not how it works. Many stories have something that has the power of the sun or insert any other strong gravitational thing and gets turned on and doesn't take the earth out because of plot. It doesn't mean the thing is not what they say it is.

SuperPrimeTime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SuperPrimeTime  Online

@newecho: okay man for the sake of argument I’ll agree with you but from a scientific point the black holes are called black holes because they produce so much gravity that light can not escape that is indeed a black hole, the issue is it’s clearly not producing suffixent gravity as the earth is fine and even the suns gravity is better then it clearly, which creates a contradiction because it’s absorbing light but it shouldn’t be able to too if the earth is still there, quite the conundrum. I’ll just chalk it up to simple minded authors not knowing what physics is. Alternatively it could just be a wormhole and that makes more sense as High evolutionary is literally unaffected by the black hole and gravitational pull should be omnidirectional but it seems to be sucking everything in front of it. Actually I feel stupid for not realising it that’s a wormhole.

newecho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@newecho: okay man for the sake of argument I’ll agree with you but from a scientific point the black holes are called black holes because they produce so much gravity that light can not escape that is indeed a black hole, the issue is it’s clearly not producing suffixent gravity as the earth is fine and even the suns gravity is better then it clearly, which creates a contradiction because it’s absorbing light but it shouldn’t be able to too if the earth is still there, quite the conundrum. I’ll just chalk it up to simple minded authors not knowing what physics is. Alternatively it could just be a wormhole and that makes more sense as High evolutionary is literally unaffected by the black hole and gravitational pull should be omnidirectional but it seems to be sucking everything in front of it. Actually I feel stupid for not realising it that’s a wormhole.

I mean the story is dumb,, but irc he does call it a black hole. I still think they just use comic book reasoning for it not sucking everything up.

Joaquin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@heatwave666: yes so if he were to run at full speed, considering his picosecond feat, he can run 13 trillion times faster than light.

the formula is

a picosecond is 13 trillionth of a second and light moves 186,286 miles per second. So multiply 186286 by 13 trillion and you get

1.86286 x 10^17 miles per SECOND multiply that by 60(minute) and you get 1.117716x 10^24 miles per MINUTE

multiply that by 60(hour) and you get

6.706296x 10^25 miles per HOUR

that’s fast as shit. Even so he is marvels 4th fastest speedster

behind

makkari=several quadrillion times faster than light

fastfoward= Barry Allen/ attosecond feats

and runner (space gem)/ hermes the god of speed= both runner and Hermes have incalculable speeds like Wally west

Avatar image for aldriffofasgard
AldriffofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a black hole regardless of the mental gymnastics performed to dismiss the feat..Comic book superheroes defy logic all the time....So there's no need to overanalyze every detail..

But in case if someone's using this feat as Pietro's baseline capability, then it would be dumb since this is his best feat..A high end feat bordering on outlier realm..Still one of among his several lightspeed and FTL speed feats

Avatar image for aldriffofasgard
AldriffofAsgard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's a black hole regardless of the mental gymnastics performed to dismiss the feat..Comic book superheroes defy logic all the time....So there's no need to overanalyze every detail..

But in case if someone's using this feat as Pietro's baseline capability, then it would be dumb since this is his best feat..A high end feat bordering on outlier realm..Still one of among his several lightspeed and FTL speed feats

Joaquin12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aldriffofasgard: again he has a 13 trillion times faster than light in his pico second feat