Questions about intangibility

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I guess I just would like some clarification about the perceived effects of intangibility from different sources with my main archetype being Kitty Pride from the xmen as opposed to ghosts or intangibles that seem to phase strictly themselves and their clothing.

See kitty prides Way she can harm/cripple people has always horrified me and so of course I'm obsessed with finding nicer uses in order to incapacitate. Even tho I know I'm probably going to be mistaken in her case

So if the intangible was to briefly grab someone and then let go while that persons feet were in the ground has there ever been a case where they would be stuck but their molecules are somewhere between solidifying until they are in non solid molecules. So they can kindof pull themselves out as if it was thickquicksand(not in visuals but difficulty to be free) because the person with the powers has let go it is much more difficult to move out of the ground but still can happen

Might be a weird thread but any examples from any source of what I'm describing as opposed to just killing harming someone in messed up way just touching them and letting go.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By mimisalome

The intangibility power in mainstream fiction defies logic so its hard to assume a definite and consistent logical mechanics on how it actually works.