Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite SDCC 2014 Big Announcement

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

k4tzm4n  Moderator

Poll Question of the Week VOTING: Favorite SDCC 2014 Big Announcement (357 votes)

Arrow Season 3 6%
Avengers: Age of Ultron footage 25%
Mike Tyson Mysteries animated series 3%
New Star Wars comics 7%
New Spider-Woman and S.H.I.E.L.D. comics 4%
Wonder Woman costume reveal + Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice teaser footage 48%
Other (Specify below) 6%

*Want to vote but you don't have an account? Well, what are you waiting for?! Signing up is beyond simple. CLICK HERE to register and then you'll be able to vote in all of our polls and join the countless discussions. Go on, make an account!*

San Diego Comic-Con 2014 has come and gone. It was a crazy and fun time and, as always, the Comic Vine staff did our very best to make sure you had plenty of new content on the homepage. From a ton of interviews with the biggest names in the industry to plenty of panel coverage, we we're constantly putting new content out there for all of you to enjoy. However, now that the hectic event has passed, we're all left reflecting on the bits of news that came out of it. Well, we want to know what piece of news had you the most excited this year.

The reveal of Wonder Woman's movie costume? Info on season 3 of Arrow? Talk of the Avengers: Age of Ultron footage? The Mike Tyson Mysteries animated show? Spider-Woman and S.H.I.E.L.D. receiving new titles? Or maybe Marvel creating all-new Star Wars comics? Did you miss out on those announcements? Well, click the hyperlinks in the previous lines for more info! The event had a lot to digest, and in the event your favorite isn't on the poll, we've added an "other" option just for you. But, if you do vote other, please say what you had in mind in the comments below.

Voting will say open until Thursday morning (ET). After you select an option on the poll, leap into the comments and share your thoughts with us. Why was this announcement more exciting than the others? Make the post entertaining enough (a few paragaphs at most and no pictures, please) and we just might highlight it for Thursday's updated article. Well, Viners, which will be SDCC 2014's top announcement?

Have a great idea for a future edition of the Question of the Week? If so, feel free to share it below or via Twitter.

• 
FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I still don't get why the BvS footage is so popular they really only showed of Batman's armor, the rest was them just looking at each other. Avengers had party scene, hulkbuster vs hulk scene, Ultron being a badass, ect. Just seems a lot more varied and more going on. My only guess is it's because it didn't leak (outside the audio).

Also why wasn't Ant-man even on the list? It's a new movie surely that should be mentioned over some of the other stuff even if it wasn't going to get many votes.

Either way after seeing the leaked footage of BvS (which does look cool) just the sounds of all the stuff happening in Age of Ultron blew it away in my opinion.

SynCig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

This is an easy vote for me. Wonder Woman costume reveal/Batman v. Superman test footage by a wide margin.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@the_kidd said:

@patrat18: How is Teen Wolf so popular?

I don't even know to be honest, but then again, how is Twilight?

SaintWildcard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 12

@patrat18 said:

@the_kidd said:

It said what got tweeted about the most, girls tweet more and love that show.... also what you guys got against Teen Wolf?

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still don't get why the BvS footage is so popular they really only showed of Batman's armor, the rest was them just looking at each other. Avengers had party scene, hulkbuster vs hulk scene, Ultron being a badass, ect. Just seems a lot more varied and more going on. My only guess is it's because it didn't leak (outside the audio).

Also why wasn't Ant-man even on the list? It's a new movie surely that should be mentioned over some of the other stuff even if it wasn't going to get many votes.

Either way after seeing the leaked footage of BvS (which does look cool) just the sounds of all the stuff happening in Age of Ultron blew it away in my opinion.

Be careful, you'll be called a fanboy by the DC fans for that opinion my friend.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@feartheliving said:

Be careful, you'll be called a fanboy by the DC fans for that opinion my friend.

Not at all, it's his opinion.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@patrat18 said:

@the_kidd said:

It said what got tweeted about the most, girls tweet more and love that show.... also what you guys got against Teen Wolf?

Excuses lol. I tried watching that bs, i almost made it though the season, but then i relies that it sucked a$$.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I wouldn't see why considering I'm not knocking the BvS footage, just that it wasn't a whole lot. (Which was to be expected)

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: I wouldn't see why considering I'm not knocking the BvS footage, just that it wasn't a whole lot. (Which was to be expected)

I know, its just some fans are blowing it out the water making it seem like DC won Comic-Con with a staredown and a picture. As opposed to Age of Ultron news, Marvel Netflix, Marvel TV, Thanos, and the confirmed dates of future films. Don't get me wrong I loved the teaser trailer, and the WW reveal. I just don't think those were enough to win Comic-Con over Marvel IMO.

Pokeysteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#60  Edited By Pokeysteve

Adding the WW reveal and the teaser together....

Lol definitely this!

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By patrat18
No Caption Provided

As for the Wonder Woman costume, this could very well be the case.

vandinejd_1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I only pay attention to SDCC for Marvel Studios news so the Avengers footage.

The_Kidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_wildcard: I have nothing against it I just don't get why its so popular.

Neon_Jackal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Neon_Jackal

I wanted to vote for Spider-woman, but... Land...

leokearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By leokearon

All of Hasbro's news

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Transformers Combiner Wars

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Marvel Legends especially Scarlet Witch, Captain marvel, Spider-man 2099 and Agent Coulson

Marvel Infinite Series 3.75" with Black Cat, a proper Big Time Spider-man, Doc OCk, Etc

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Mad Max,the superhero stuff was just fan service imo.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#67  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@feartheliving said:

Because when the two most iconic heroes of all time - bar none - look pissed and ready to fight each other, its kind of a big deal.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: Fair enough. Still don't agree that them making googly eyes in the rain at each other is better footage then all the Ultron footage that was shown, but hey if you want to just throw in the argument that "These characters are more iconic therefore they win regardless of what Marvel showed from Ultron." there's really no debating. Not that I really mind the prospect of winning Comic-Con is kind of a joke anyways. Just feel like Ultron is getting the short end of the stick.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@feartheliving said:

@fallschirmjager: Fair enough. Still don't agree that them making googly eyes in the rain at each other is better footage then all the Ultron footage that was shown, but hey if you want to just throw in the argument that "These characters are more iconic therefore they win regardless of what Marvel showed from Ultron." there's really no debating. Not that I really mind the prospect of winning Comic-Con is kind of a joke anyways. Just feel like Ultron is getting the short end of the stick.

I don't really know what you're saying. Ultron doesn't compare to Batman vs Superman. No one cares about Ultron. Before they announced him as the villain, everyone was wanting/hoping (and still do) Thanos. I've seen several posts on here that people still feel that way. And most people in the general movie going audience can't even tell you a single thing about him other than he's a robot (which is obvious from the pictures)

There is zero way you can understate Batman v Superman. Just look at the comic - widely regarded as one of the most influential comics in the industry of all time. It is a very, very, very big deal.

Batman v Superman is, frankly a bigger deal than Justice League to some extent.

So yes. A 30s clip of Superman and Batman "making googly eyes" generates way more excitement than anything you could ever show from Ultron. Again...I don't want to repeat myself...but seriously. Batman and Superman. Its not really that hard to realize why people care more about them then Ultron.

Seriously. Even if you're not a fan of them I don't know how do you don't lose your shit watching that clip. Its Batman and f*cking Superman about to fight, in a real movie. I like several characters more than those two, but my mind is still exploding.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I don't know I guess after the Avengers just putting in Batman and Superman in a movie together just doesn't seem like that big of a thing anymore in fact it seems like it should have been done ages ago.

Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@feartheliving said:

@fallschirmjager: I don't know I guess after the Avengers just putting in Batman and Superman in a movie together just doesn't seem like that big of a thing anymore in fact it seems like it should have been done ages ago.

Its the opposite actually. Diminishing returns. People have all ready seen the Avengers. No one has seen Batman and Superman in the same movie. And again, no one cares about Ultron. People were taken way out of left field when they announced Ultron instead of Thanos.

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallschirmjager: I didn't mention Ultron. I meant after what the Avengers did by bringing the heroes together putting these two heroes together doesn't seem as big as everyone is making it out to be to me. These characters should have appeared together before the Avengers even "assembled". Also please stop saying no one cares about Ultron I do, and I'm sure there is some one else who does as well so is obviously not "no one" :P

Also let my further clarify this is my opinion I'm not saying everyone feels this way, nor am I saying this shouldn't be a big deal for you. I'll see the movie it's just not the be all end all to me, so I guess I saw the footage as what it looks like two guys staring at each other. Where as the other footage has other more interesting things going on regardless of the characters themselves.

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because when the two most iconic heroes of all time - bar none - look pissed and ready to fight each other, its kind of a big deal.

I don't understand why people are having a hard time understanding this. Dc has 3 of the most iconic superheroes of all time, which were at comic con. Even if the movie sucks, that clip alone brought people to tears because they have been waiting for this movie their entire lives. Batman and Superman are above Marvel, adding Wonder Woman is overkill.

Avatar image for shallbecomeabattoo
Shallbecomeabattoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. The most anticipated movie for me currently. I loved MoS absolutely and loved the dark take on superheroes DC does on film since Nolan rebooted the Bat. This is like heaven for me. Nothing can top that, except hearing that Nolan does another stand alone Batman Trilogy^^

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was actually kind of glad I didn't go this year as I found all the announcements underwhelming. The Wonder Woman costume was the most interesting, and I have feelings about it either way. It's not amazing, and it's not terrible. It's just kind of fine.

I'm guessing next year will be the year to go, the year before BvS and Avengers 2.

Dratini1331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

KHANS OF TARKIR WEDGE SET NEW TEFERI NEW COMMANDER SET WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna be so broke TT.TT

Cyborg6971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ohrenclez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#78  Edited By ohrenclez

Didn't get to watch the teaser for BvS...then again, this is a movie i want to watch entirely unspoiled

Nevertheless wonder woman's costume looks just incredible...it's awesome that she finally gets a big-screen-treatment that seems worthy!!

Gal gadot seems to get the essence of wonder woman...if one can judge by just one pic

So...in my opinion dc and warner win this one!! :)

In general it's an awesome time to be a comic-fan!!

pingclang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 121

I chose other because Mad Max. That is all.

Jenkale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#81  Edited By Jenkale

wonder woman of course

Avatar image for the_shazam_killer
THE_SHAZAM_KILLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping for Shazam movie announcement

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@the_shazam_killer: The best part of this year's con was not getting any announcement. Hopefully Captain Marvel never gets a movie.