Question about Cassandra Cain.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DanMarshall

So I looked up some info on the character and it says she cant talk but in Batman No Man's Land she can clearly speak, was this something DC just ignored later?

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By gunmetalgrey

@danmarshall: She has speech impediments and a general difficulty in learning audible and written language. Something to do with her body-reading ability taking up the space in her brain that was supposed to be for that stuff. At one point, they attempted to teach her how to communicate and this hampered her fighting so she had to re-learn body-reading again. She's still definitely unable to communicate like a normal person, but how well she can do it now is uncertain.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey: does all that have to do with a retcon of the character? Because in no man's land vol 1 I didn't notice anything like that with her, but I havent read anything else past that, that she's been a part of yet so maybe i just need to read a little more to find out either way the character has got me interested.

Cosmic_Templar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey: does all that have to do with a retcon of the character? Because in no man's land vol 1 I didn't notice anything like that with her, but I havent read anything else past that, that she's been a part of yet so maybe i just need to read a little more to find out either way the character has got me interested.

Yeah she didn't talk much at first but later she had more speaking parts. She's just a very quiet person because of the way she was brought up to be a move reader and isolated.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Black_Arrow

@danmarshall: I don't want to spoil you No man's land but that's not Cass on vol 1, it's another person on the costume . She appears later on the story.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So I looked up some info on the character and it says she cant talk but in Batman No Man's Land she can clearly speak, was this something DC just ignored later?

Helena Bertinelli.

DanMarshall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DanMarshall