#1 Edited by Azooz_king (670 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

he Pretty Much Mega stomps ALL the MCU Heroes at the Same Time Now

#2 Posted by All-Father (4836 posts) - - Show Bio

Do you think MCU Thanos was too powerful?

#3 Posted by tj849 (4338 posts) - - Show Bio

I really dont understand whats wrong with being too powerful. You've got me even more hyped (aint read the spoilers)

#4 Posted by Heatforce (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

Well wtf does he do?

#5 Posted by Solid_Snake97 (8741 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, MCU Vision still wins cuz phasing /s

#6 Posted by macleen (678 posts) - - Show Bio

😈😈😈

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
#7 Edited by Guardiandevil83 (8951 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849: Well, the stakes for one. One complaint about the MCU is that there is no weight to the battles, and the heroes are never in any danger.

Superman being Uber powerful causes this problem.

Hell Superman being too powerful is why he's considered a horrible character by casual fans. He's too perfect and has no real troubles to worry about etc.

(Not my words by the way)

Secondly if he is as powerful as others are saying, then what's the point of the other's? Why have a League when he is the League?

And third, how is he going to get decent fights? His enemies would have to be just as powerful and it would be hard for casual fans to buy them having battle royals on Earth and not destroying the planet or whatever city they fight in, causing the same troubles from MOS (Even though the world engine caused most of the devastation.)

One of the reasons Kirkman's Invincible is so good, is that he is the only writer I've seen that is smart enough to know that there is no way Mark could battle other Vultrumites on Earth and not wreck the planet.

#8 Posted by KanyeCosby (1813 posts) - - Show Bio

We haven’t even seen the movie yet. Why make this thread?

#9 Posted by Heatforce (3256 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849: Well, the stakes for one. One complaint about the MCU is that there is no weight to the battles, and the heroes are never in any danger.

Superman being Uber powerful causes this problem.

Hell Superman being too powerful is why he's considered a horrible character by casual fans. He's too perfect and has no real troubles to worry about etc.

Secondly if he is as powerful as others are saying, then what's the point of the other's? Why have a League when he is the League?

he couldn't save citizens by himself in MoS, now he has back up. This is what bvs foreshadowed. Plus the marketing "you can't save the world alone".

And third, how is he going to get decent fights? His enemies would have to be just as powerful and it would be hard for casual fans to buy them having battle royals on Earth and not destroying the planet or whatever city they fight in, causing the same troubles from MOS (Even though the world engine caused most of the devastation.)

Take the fights to space but keep them in our solar system. It would be cool to see superman fight on Venus or something.

#10 Edited by Transformaa (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

He has been that powerful since Batman V Superman.. The tectonic plate/ 300db feat doesn't look so crazy now.. We've only seen Superman fight kryptonians.. now that he had a chance to fight everyone else..we actually see how powerful he is against everybody..He seems to be stronger than zues and Ares..and they were able to run Steppenwolf off in their 1st battle

#11 Posted by MightyKalEl (1336 posts) - - Show Bio

If what I heard is true, he is a one man League now, incredibly powerful. Sounds cool to me ;)

#12 Posted by FangDaNerd (1119 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for ready_4_madness
#13 Posted by Ready_4_Madness (9339 posts) - - Show Bio

He's been put in situations where he didn't feel overpowered and it was polarising. Let the man be what he's supposed to be, "SUPER"

Avatar image for speedforceuser_
#14 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

I love it. MCU fans will cry in battle forums now. :D

#15 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (8951 posts) - - Show Bio

@heatforce: Oh, yeah I don't have a problem since I know how powerful the other members are and how strong their rogues are as well.

And I totally wouldn't mind seeing Kryptonian space battles.

I've always seen Superman as a cosmic character anyway.

#16 Edited by Charan_ (741 posts) - - Show Bio

I have zero problems with making Clark much powerful, let him be SUPERMAN..!!!

#17 Posted by Ianosm (64 posts) - - Show Bio

@speedforceuser_: Yeah I guess they will have to console themselves with their far more popular and well received cinematic universe. Have to dry their tears with the billions raked in and sit in the darkness watching the 17 films they have created. But yeah forums debates are their true weakness, their kryptonite....their....martha....

#18 Posted by BabyDarkseid (1907 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: but you were arguing against superman in the battle forum i guess you have to retract those statements now lol

#19 Posted by LDM (3005 posts) - - Show Bio

@azooz_king: Became ? What did he do ? I don’t mind spoiler

#20 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@ianosm: or their....Bucky. Lmao. I don't know why Marvel fans talk about how much money Disney Marvel makes. It's not like any of the money is going into their pockets. Ahhh, the feeling of their last resort: "Well, Marvel makes more..." I'm Ded XD

#21 Edited by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardiandevil83: each member is powerful in their own way (they may be O.P but that's just the way it is). The league is a team and each member contributes accordingly, no matter their power level.

#22 Posted by FangDaNerd (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

How powerful was Flash!?

#23 Posted by Guardiandevil83 (8951 posts) - - Show Bio

@babydarkseid: I never actually pick a winner I'm not the most Gung ho debater.

It's just I felt that at least Hela or Surtur could be a problem.

And I guess I will now. πŸ˜‚

#24 Edited by SanoHibiki (2946 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't expect much (or actually anything) from joint Snyder-Whedon movie, but it sounds like at very least it will be useful in battle forums.

And Superman should be top dog when it comes to power, first among equals, so to speak.

#25 Posted by Azooz_king (670 posts) - - Show Bio

@babydarkseid: I never actually pick a winner I'm not the most Gung ho debater.

It's just I felt that at least Hela or Surtur could be a problem.

And I guess I will now. πŸ˜‚

Surter Yeah Hela not Anymore

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#26 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (2429 posts) - - Show Bio

No Steppenwolf has always been leagues below Darkseid and who knows how powerful Shazam and Black Adam will be

#27 Posted by uugieboogie (12196 posts) - - Show Bio

How was Aquaman, Cyborg and Flash? And were there any references or cameos of GL and MMH?

#28 Posted by Amcu (1271 posts) - - Show Bio

What exactly did Superman do?

Avatar image for rudebomberboy01
#29 Posted by RudeBomberBoy01 (3918 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahh well that's no fun :(

#30 Posted by SuperGoku17 (2890 posts) - - Show Bio

@ianosm said:

@speedforceuser_: Yeah I guess they will have to console themselves with their far more popular and well received cinematic universe. Have to dry their tears with the billions raked in and sit in the darkness watching the 17 films they have created. But yeah forums debates are their true weakness, their kryptonite....their....martha....

#31 Edited by SuperHulk24 (153 posts) - - Show Bio

Several members of KMC will be salty.

#32 Edited by tj849 (4338 posts) - - Show Bio

MCU Fanboys

Get over yourself

#33 Posted by SpeedforceUser_ (112 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849 said:

MCU Fanboys

Get over yourself

Avatar image for deactivated-5a0c8d423f980
#34 Posted by deactivated-5a0c8d423f980 (1863 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849: cmon man. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of opinions here. Over the years I've heard people try to justify the low power levels of MCU characters by saying that if Thor was crazy strong the others wouldn't be needed. This argument is clearly a fallacy, however it has merit. If he's too strong every time he doesn't immidiatly solve a problem it will be called a plot hole. I don't think this post is an MCU scheme to degrade him, I think it's a legitimate concern.

#35 Posted by StormShadow_X (13564 posts) - - Show Bio

Im hoping and guessing the rest of the team save for Batman will get some kind of power boost in there solos to not make them so useless

#36 Posted by Gaoron (3839 posts) - - Show Bio

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#37 Edited by Petey_is_Spidey (10996 posts) - - Show Bio

Like others have said, Superman has always been crazy powerful. Even if you don't buy the tectonic plate feat (which is legit since it was in a news article on screen, but I digress), the 300 dB feat was INSANE, and he showed in Man Of Steel he could fly multiple times the speed of sound. Moreoever, he survived a nuke AT POINT BLANK RANGE, and irregardless of whether he was knocked out or not, or whether it was the radiation doing the damage or the heat & explosion, the feat in and of itself is still insane. Then there's him destroying the world engine in an incredibly weakened state, him surviving the world engine to begin with, displaying hypersonic combat in MoS, etc. The thing is though - as pointed out elsewhere - he's been fighting his own kind in MoS & BvS, so he hasn't looked relatively as impressive.

#38 Posted by from_beyond (743 posts) - - Show Bio

Like others have said, Superman has always been crazy powerful. Even if you don't buy the tectonic plate feat (which is legit since it was in a news article on screen, but I digress), the 300 dB feat was INSANE, and he showed in Man Of Steel he could fly multiple times the speed of sound. Moreoever, he survived a nuke AT POINT BLANK RANGE, and irregardless of whether he was knocked out or not, or whether it was the radiation doing the damage or the heat & explosion, the feat in and of itself is still insane. Then there's him destroying the world engine in an incredibly weakened state, him surviving the world engine to begin with, displaying hypersonic combat in MoS, etc. The thing is though - as pointed out elsewhere - he's been fighting his own kind in MoS & BvS, so he hasn't looked relatively as impressive.

I will like to add that when nuke struck him in BVS, he was weakened by Kryptonite. You can even see the scar from the kryptonite spear on his face.

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
#39 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (10996 posts) - - Show Bio

@petey_is_spidey said:

I will like to add that when nuke struck him in BVS, he was weakened by Kryptonite. You can even see the scar from the kryptonite spear on his face.

Completely forgot about that, which makes the feat that more impressive.

#40 Posted by cfrehse (2838 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds like the other members of the league where never even close to his lvl. He has always been extremely powerful.

#41 Posted by Marishtar (991 posts) - - Show Bio

I didn't expect much (or actually anything) from joint Snyder-Whedon movie, but it sounds like at very least it will be useful in battle forums.

And Superman should be top dog when it comes to power, first among equals, so to speak.

I would gladly agree to that, but from what i heard(i didn't saw is so far though) is that not even nearly the case. If it's true what i heard would that completely undermine the whole league and i can't see how it should work in the long term, just if Clark gets basically a Dr. Fate role maybe but not as regular member.

#42 Posted by SanoHibiki (2946 posts) - - Show Bio

@marishtar:

Actually, that might be the case. Superman probably lashed without holding back against guys in his post-resurrection delirium while team were hesitant to attack him back in full power. Only legitimate complain for me might be about Superman been equal to Flash in speed, but this is greenhorn Barry... In his solo movie (if that will hapeen) he likely will be ten times as fast as Cav-El.

#43 Posted by APEX_pretador (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

No, he was pretty underpowered. Typical MCU nerfing their villains.

Seriously, his punch only knocked Hulk into orbit, not even to moon. Even with half the infinity gauntlet, he was unable to wish the avengers out of existence.

#44 Posted by APEX_pretador (14434 posts) - - Show Bio

@azooz_king: He became "too powerful" during the battle with Adapted Zod

#45 Posted by Azooz_king (670 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Sergeant-RL3 (2090 posts) - - Show Bio

@tj849:

what's the point of the other's? Why have a League when he is the League?

This completely. Superman being stronger than WW, and as fast as flash makes the rest of the team his bitches.