- Name: Unknown
- Alias: Prometheus
- Hometown: Unknown, constantly moving.
- Team Affiliations: Secret Society of Super Villains
- Bio: The son of two on-the-run criminals, Prometheus watched as his parents were gunned down by policemen. In response to this he ran away at age 16; began learning all he could, fighting with terrorists in the middle east, training alongside the Silat Masters in Malaysia, and eventually, found himself in the mythical Shamballa. There he was given an object known as the 'Cosmic Key' and made a base in the 'Ghost Zone' where he would plot revenge against those forces that ripped his family from him. Justice. He hated Justice.
Table of Contents
- Physical Attributes (Strength/Durability/Reactions/Intelligence)
- Technological Attributes/Gear (Helmet/Suit/Weapons)
- New 52 & Rebirth Version
- Conclusion & Other Respect Threads
Prometheus has a fairly cut & dry origin. Son of criminals, trained to become stronger and smarter, wants revenge. He's the evil-Batman.
- Prometheus (Villains) #1 - Prometheus tells his origin to another character, Retro, who he eventually kills.
His origin is the same every time it's retold, so I'm only including this version of it. He is eventually put into a psyche ward after MMH places his mind in a time loop, but the loop is severed when MMH is severely injuried. We learn that after his defeat his protege, Chad Graham, took over for him. Chad appeared in Gotham Knights & Birds of Prey and was far less impressive than the OG Prometheus. When the loop is severed the OG Prometheus kills Chad and takes his title back. This all happens in Faces of Evil: Prometheus if you'd like to check it out.
2.0 Physical Attributes
Prometheus is mostly impressive for his array of technology, but he has some more physical showings (aided by tech) that are worth showing.
- JLA #16 - KO's Huntress in a single hit. Uses his nightstick to do so.
- JLA #37 - Sends Oracle flying backwards (10+ feet) with a single hit.
- JLA #37 - KO's Huntress in a single hit, again.
- Batman Gotham Knights #53 - Sends Hush flying into a wall with a single hit, cracks the wall. This is Chad & he was incredibly weak/fatigued due to previous injuries, hence why Hush is operating on him.
- Faces of Evil: Prometheus #1 - Throws a man over his shoulder after he'd been in a weakened, comatose state for ~2 years.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Takes a beating from Donna Troy, is fine in the next page.
- Birds of Prey #95 - Dodges a point blank shotgun blast. This is Chad Graham.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Reflects a blast from Doctor Light with only .0003 seconds to react.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Tags Jay Garrick.
- JLA #34 - Is able to hack Green Lantern's Power Ring.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #3 - Was able to mutate Lady Clayface so they could shapeshift like the Basil Karlo Clayface.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #4 - The bomb he designed was laced with molecular nano-bytes to reconfigure the shape of the blast every .000034 milliseconds, had trace elements of kryptonite, and contained some of Hal Jordan's DNA so it would've overridden his ring's defenses. The only reason 'Freddy Freeman' would've survived is because that is currently Prometheus in disguise.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Built several devices that would teleport the cities of various heroes throughout space & time. They work and the League has no way to shut them down, except by freeing Prometheus (which happens in issue 7).
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #7 - Said devices are also resistant to magic.
3.0 Technological Attributes
Prometheus, being the anti-Batman that he is, has a lot of gear and technology that he uses in fights.
Prometheus can use his helmet to download information directly into his brain and has a series of offensive and defensive capabilities.
- Prometheus (Villains) #1 - Downloads everything Retro knows into his brain to emulate his behavior, movements, etc., with perfection. Uses this to take his spot on the Justice League Watchtower tour.
- JLA #16 - Downloads the blueprints of the Watchtower directly to his brain; result is him memorizing the layout.
- JLA #16 - Helmet lights can flicker at a certain rate to produce a hypnosis effect. Works on Huntress.
- JLA #16 - Has the skills of 30 of the worlds greatest fighters downloaded into his brain. Batman is one of them. Helmet also produces a strobe effect to disorient foes.
- JLA #17 - Knows a dozen ways to beat every member of the Justice League.
- JLA #38 - Helmet can release endorphins to eliminate pain.
- Birds of Prey #95 - Helmet contains feedback mines if people try and hack it. Likely a defensive mechanism added after Batman hacked his helmet to defeat him. This is Chad Graham w/Prometheus' technology.
- Faces of Evil: Prometheus #1 - Has downloaded knowledge of more obscure heroes and teams, such as Blood Pack.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #7 - Helmet has built in defense for telepathy/mind reading. The feedback pain is so severe that Miss Martian goes into a fetal position.
Prometheus uses a large nightstick as his primary melee weapon in fights, it has various capabilities.
- Prometheus (Villains) #1 - The nightstick feels very light but has enough strength to shatter a solid anvil.
- JLA #16 - Nightstick can hack into other devices; uses it here to hack Steel's armor.
- JLA #17 - Shatters a giant stone statue head.
- Birds of Prey #95 - Has an electrical charge to it. Here it is combined w/a charge from his helmet.
- Birds of Prey #95 - Can call it back if he throws it as a projectile.
- Faces of Evil: Prometheus #1 - Another showing of it's electrical charge.
The Cosmic Key was given to Prometheus after he traveled to Shamballa. It allows him to teleport into Limbo, or what he calls, the Ghost Zone.
- Prometheus (Villains) #1 - Teleports himself and Retro into his home in the Ghost Zone.
- Prometheus (Villains) #1 - Kills Retro with the Cosmic Key.
- JLA #16 - Teleports Zauriel to the Ghost Zone.
- JLA #17 - Teleports away from the Justice League and sends Zauriel back to the Watchtower.
- Faces of Evil: Prometheus #1 - Teleports himself and Chad Graham to the Ghost Zone. Anima tries to follow but the portal cuts off when she's halfway through; the result is a clean cut tele-frag.
Prometheus has a variety of projectiles in his arsenal; each with their own devastating effects.
- JLA #16 - Has a phosphorus dart that lights Martian Manhunter on fire; then hits him with a dart containing a molecular toxin that attacks Manhunter's morphoplastic nervous system so he no longer has total control over his molecular structure.
- JLA #16 - Launches an incendiary grenade.
- JLA #38 - Explosive rounds that do some damage to Batman's armor.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #3 - Launches several energy discs; decapitates Gloss of the Global Guardians.
- Justice League: The Rise of Arsenal #1 - Launches several energy discs; can be controlled & manipulated after they've been fired; uses them to cut up Arsenal.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Has bullets forged by Vulcan that are capable of piercing Kyrptonians; uses them to shoot Supergirl.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Fires a projectile to silence Zatanna; shoots a dart into Plastic Man to render him paralyzed, and then hits several energy crystals into Mikaal Thomas to down him. Also takes down Red Tornado.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Launches some energy discs to slice up Hawkman's wings; fires darts that pierce Donna Troy's skin & pins her to a wall.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Fires a dart containing a shard of a metal gauntlet dubbed the Claw of the Unconquered to disrupt the Firestorm Matrix.
He also has some other gear, an energy blade, illusion technology, a neural chaff, and an energy shield.
- Justice League: The Rise of Arsenal #1 - Uses an energy blade to cut off Arsenal's arm.
- Justice League: The Rise of Arsenal #1 - Disguises himself as Freddy Freeman to trick Arsenal.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Disguises himself as Freddy Freeman again; tricked all of the Justice League for an extended time.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Projects an illusion onto Donna Troy to fool Green Arrow into shooting her.
- JLA #16/17- Has a 'Neural Chaff' to disrupt brain electricity. Uses it so Green Lantern (Kyle) can't concentrate on using his ring.
- Justice League: The Rise of Arsenal #1 - Uses an energy shield to block arrows.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Uses an energy shield to deflect an energy blast from Dr. Light.
Prometheus has limited appearances; in two of his appearances he eliminated the majority of the Justice League. Here are his fights.
- JLA #16 - Opponent: Batman (defeated off-panel)
- Birds of Prey #94/95 - Opponent: Lady Shiva
- Martial Arts Ability: Beats her in 3 seconds. This is Chad Graham.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #3 - Opponents: Global Guardians
- Projectiles: Energy disc decapitates Gloss.
- Nightstick: Tears through the Tasmanian Devil.
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #5 - Opponents: Flash & Congorilla (defeated off-panel)
- Justice League: Cry for Justice #6 - Opponents: Zatanna, Plastic Man, Red Tornado, Mikaal Thomas, Black Canary, Hawk Girl, Guardian, Hawk Man, Doctor Light, Vixen, Donna Troy, Green Lantern (Hal), Starfire, Firestorm, Green Arrow, Atom, Jay Garrick, and The Shade.
- Projectiles: Utilizes several specialized projectiles, most of them are outlined in the projectiles section. Unseen in that section is the burst of light he uses to defeat Shade and the energy blast used to defeat Hal Jordan.
- Defenses: Has nanomachines that defend against microscopic foes, uses them to defeat Atom.
5.0 New 52 & Rebirth
He's far less impressive in the N52 & Rebirth, but he does exist.
He still has the cosmic key; it has the same abilities.
- Midnighter #7 - Uses the cosmic key to teleport.
His super advanced helmet still can download skills and fighting styles.
- Midnighter #7 - Has downloaded 30 of the best fighters. This includes Batman, Lady Shiva, James Armorr, Mas Oyama and Midnighter himself. His Holt-Griffen cells also make him immune to Midnighter's enhancements, including the battle computer.
- Midnighter #7 - Can pump himself full of endorphins to feel no pain.
Is incredibly intelligent and has detailed files on various heroes and villains.
- Justice League of America #18 - Hacks Atom's Bio-Belt. Built life-support systems into his warsuit. Has detailed files on Killer Frost to exploit her weaknesses.
Prometheus is a street level terror; whose gear and preparation abilities allow him to tangle with the big leagues. His N52 (and Rebirth) counterparts are far less impressive than his original version, and his protege, Chad Graham, was such a disappointment and sullied Prometheus' reputation that he was killed for it.
A real cool character, albeit, a bit of a prep god, Prometheus has earned his respect.
As always; if you had more feats to suggest, corrections to make, or anything else, PM me or comment here.
For more respect threads check out this LINK and scroll down to the Respect Thread section.