• 89 results
Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
Marvel comics is one of the two biggest comic company alongside dc in the world
Marvel comics is one of the two biggest comic company alongside dc in the world

Marvel comics aka the house of ideas the home of some of our favorite superheroes like Spider Man Iron Man Hulk Thor Captain America X Men F4 etc . Since 1960s after the debut of Stan Lee and Jack Kirbys Fantastic Four #1 Marvel gave us some of the epic superhero tales the history has ever witnessed . The thing that always kept heroes of marvel apart from dc is though they are powerful they also way more humans compared to the heroes of dc .

That being said Marvel had its fare share of mistake . And the recent state of Marvel is one of them since secret wars the company saw various decline in their comic department which is really surprising considering they heroes are world famous now ( thanks to mcu ).

So today i am gonna talking about the problems of marvel comics and the solutions .

THE POOR DECISIONS OF COMPANY

A) Way to Many relaunches

So many Relaunches so little time
So many Relaunches so little time

Since 2010 marvel relauched 6 or 7 times ( yup you heard that right ) . Uncle ben once said with great power comes great responsibility . Move into 2019 it looks like Marvels new Catch phase is with so many every new #1 comes huge amount of money . Lol seriously the company relaunched so many times its now even funny anymore every year or half we have new comics that completely takes over the one audience invested . so many #1s that donset need . Most of these dosnet even sell that much making marvel to cancel them and do a freaking relaunch again

How they would solve it = Stop completely what you are doing . Make a plan that is last for very very long ( at least 7 or 8 years ) . Fine the perfect writer for a specific book

B) Writing arent good enough ( for most books )

Some primary examples
Some primary examples

While dc and marvel have fare share of bad comics . In recent the Amount of bad comics in marvel is too much the writing is carp and continuity is messed up . It feel like writer can do what ever they want without caring the established history of the marvel universe .Which hurt them real bad

How they would solve it = stop being stick with same creative team try something new . Find some new writers to make things interesting again

Two recent marvel books where they nailed it because they had the perfect writer
Two recent marvel books where they nailed it because they had the perfect writer

C) Neither the art is note worthy ( for the most part )

some of marvel comics have really poor art . It makes them unreadable . the quality of the art in books like unbeatable squirrel girl to top books like waids avengers makes them pathetic .

How they would solve it = its an easy one find good artists

IMMORTAL HULK A WELL WRITTEN BOOK WITH PERFECT ART IN RECENT HISTORY OF MARVEL
IMMORTAL HULK A WELL WRITTEN BOOK WITH PERFECT ART IN RECENT HISTORY OF MARVEL

D) STUPID EVENTS AND STUPID TIE INS

STUPID EVENTS THAT SHOULDT HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE
STUPID EVENTS THAT SHOULDT HAPPEN IN THE FIRST PLACE

Since 2011 the amount of events are huge . I mean think again fear itself avengers vs x men age of ultron axis civil war 2 secret empire not only unnecessary but also poorly written events that changes nothing expect gave plot holes

How Should they solve it = stop it with events now make a mega event once in a three or four year it would actually mean something

E) KILLING OLD HEROES AND CHARACTERS FOR MAKE ROOM FOR NEW HEROES AND CHARACTERS

Creating and establishing new heroes is good but for them killing old heroes nope
Creating and establishing new heroes is good but for them killing old heroes nope

Since the secret wars marvel decide to create diversity in heroes and make new heroes with different background in terms of cultures but with killing old heroes

that basically help you to reach where you are today in pure stupidity

How they should solve it = well they already did they finally realize their universe is big enough for both new and old heroes

F) Screwed their comic hearchery big way

screwing their own established myths
screwing their own established myths

one above all is not most powerful ,killing 2nd most powerful guy lt some of the worst writings ever , there was a time when marvel had perfect cosmology but not anymore

How should they solve it =bring back old hierarchy

G) no respect for their top high tier characters

no respect for guys who have actual superpowers
no respect for guys who have actual superpowers

Any one who are following marvel comics knows marvel treating their powerhouses poorly . Aaron writing Thor to surfer jobbing to blue marvel gone obscure marvel high just dont get the respect they deserved

How they should solver it = simple treat them with respect and before write them acoknowledge about their power-level

H)THE HIGH PRICE

MARVEL COMPARE TO THE DC IS MUCH MORE COSTLY IN TERMS OF BUYING COMICS THIER EVERY NEW #1 IS 5or 6 OR 7.99 DOLLARS THATS HUGE FOR ANY NORMAL PEOPLE TO AFFORD A COMIC THAT CAN BE FINISHED WITHIN 10 MIN AND DONT GET ME START ON EVENTS UHHHH

How they should solve it = decrese the price it really getting annoying charge montly comics 3 and weekly 2.99 dollars

I ) GIVING CHARACTERS BAD PERSONALITY

CAROL DANVERS A GOOD CHARACTER RUINED WITH BAD PERSONALITY
CAROL DANVERS A GOOD CHARACTER RUINED WITH BAD PERSONALITY

Recently marvel have no clue how to write characters and so many characters got bad written in that process . And the sad part is most of these are our favorite old characters

How they should solve this = good writing and some reseaching

J) THE BIGGEST REASON MAKING COMICS FOLLOW MOVIES

Let this two be their own thing
Let this two be their own thing

what can i say here since avengers become hit marvel keep making their comic slimier to mcu . changing costumes , personalities team members origins etc

they also eliminated characters that they dont own completely although they are back now but the damage has been done

How they should solve it = let them be their own thing or do opposite have movies followed the comics

That it ladies and gentlemen these are my thoughts share you thoughts with me i am open for it

#2 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio

Can you make a word file of this and P.M it? with or without pictures, doesn't matter.

#4 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Michaelbn (2338 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by LawCol (710 posts) - - Show Bio

Some good points. I especially agree with the following.

- A) Way to many relaunches.

To me, all the relaunches show that either Marvel doesn’t have a plan for its flagship titles or there’s something going on around issues of story ownership. Maybe each new creative team wants a #1st issue to their name.

- D) Stupid events and stupid tie ins.

Ever since the Bendis era, there have been to many events with unnecessary tie ins. Personally I don’t mind a tie in once in awhile, but not one every year. Worse still, these events often try to change the status quo and are an excuse to do relaunches.

- F) Screwed their cosmic hierarchy big time.

Post Illuminati, the whole Marvel cosmic hierarchy has been a mess.

Dr Doom defeats the Beyonders because they can’t time travel. Even though the Beyonders can defeat entities with superior time travelling abilities to Doctor Doom.

Black Panther using the Panther god to battle against the Chaos/Order/Logos thing. Even though that very being defeated the prime celestial host and Living Tribunal.

Then there’s the issue of The One No Longer Above All. Though I think that was due to Jim Starlin giving the Marvel Editors a big FU for the stuff they’d pulled on him behind the scenes.

- G) No respect for their top high tier characters.

In a bid to get their new characters (or new favoutires) over, the writers have made some big names either become jobbers or otherwise insignificant (re: not present for important events).

#9 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#10 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (6022 posts) - - Show Bio

like all of them, doubt they'll ever fully respect the cosmic hierarchy tho.

#11 Posted by biswaboxz (3642 posts) - - Show Bio

There are some good critical points u pointed. The way I see it, Marvel needs to relaunch those good characters which have been ruined for last years without making unnecessary relaunches and have no outside influences. They should keep Marvel and Disney apart from each other so that they don't make any bad influence on Marvel Characters.

To @lawcol I think that whatever Hickman did during the end of his run was not his fault. As far as I(and heard from others) have known about Hickman from his run, he likes to take things slowly. But Marvel Editorial have other ideas and that's how Secret Wars turned out to be so much relentless jobbing.

#12 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by SmoothSanta (2188 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely agree with how the jobbed TOAA and LT. I think the problem they're having is they're trying to reinvent the wheel every year.

#14 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio

bump

#16 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1681 posts) - - Show Bio

A) - agree

B) - disagree. I enjoy the writing for the most part.

C) - totally agree. the "art" is an absolute shite and has always been with the Marvel comics.

D) - disagree, but that is connected to point B) I enjoy the events.

E) - agree

F) - agree

G) - agree

I) - well there are bad personalities, but they ain't a lot. You've put Carol but apart from her how many bad characters there are really? I mean significant ones? Yes, the bad treatment of thor, Juggs, SS etc has turned them into a joke but they ain't bad characters. I find some X-men characters really bad and lacking personalities, but for the most part I disagree.

J) - that's the right thing to do. Comics were dying anyway and the movies are their last straw.

#17 Posted by BullPR (5858 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: good and interesting thread.

I agree with your analysis.

#18 Posted by The_Red_Devil (4471 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice , your points makes sense.

Avatar image for indomitableregal
#19 Edited by IndomitableRegal (15658 posts) - - Show Bio

I think... I might agree...... with all of these...

#20 Posted by CyberpunkCop (2844 posts) - - Show Bio

I gave up on them a couple of years ago

#21 Posted by Cergic (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Legit points

#22 Edited by destinyman75 (13938 posts) - - Show Bio

All God points. Doubtless will continue the silly storyline era is horrible. Relaunching is beyond ridiculous at this point.

My biggest though is Nerfing top heros like Thor who was there big gun for so many decades, now needed to fit a movement.... Actually with a community on Twitter and YouTube asking Jason Aaron why etc. He at least silenced the few who came to his defense (Don't know why they did). But he let us speak. But yes good points

#23 Posted by Cognitive (1815 posts) - - Show Bio

Agreed with basically all of the aboves. I really dislike Marvel's current state, cause they seem to overemphasize ''political correctness'' quite a bit.

#24 Edited by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for hurricanefunnel
#25 Posted by hurricanefunnel (2151 posts) - - Show Bio

good description and image representations

#26 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Helloman (28515 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay.

#28 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by Amcu (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't read comics but this looks like a lot of good points from what I've heard about Marvel.

#30 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: dude try to read too they are as awesome as movies ( well good ones )

#31 Posted by Amcu (16242 posts) - - Show Bio

@amcu: dude try to read too they are as awesome as movies ( well good ones )

I plan to start reading lightly. Some of them do seem interesting and cool.

#32 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by mrmonster (14675 posts) - - Show Bio

I think their biggest problem is their growing reliance on legacy characters, like Amadeus Cho Hulk or Sam Wilson Captain America.

Look, I think it's great that Marvel is trying to diversify their characters. As someone of Hispanic ancestry, I myself would love to see more Latino superheroes. But they're doing it wrong. They should give us new characters and new stories, not just recycle what they've already made.

#34 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by mrmonster (14675 posts) - - Show Bio

@mrmonster: what you think about the blog ?

I think you made a lot of good points, especially G), I), and E), the last of which kind of ties in to what I said.

#36 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by skywalker95 (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

some great points, i agree with them all

#39 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by skywalker95 (4270 posts) - - Show Bio

@skywalker95: thanks which point you likes more ?

the ones i like the most are

• Way to many relaunches
  • KILLING OLD HEROES AND CHARACTERS FOR MAKE ROOM FOR NEW HEROES AND CHARACTERS
  • The Pointless and unnecessary events
  • High Tiers being screwed over
#42 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by skywalker95 (4270 posts) - - Show Bio
#44 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio

no problem

Check out my WWH vs Power girl and Super girl thread

already did and my answer is little different hope you will like it :)

#45 Edited by phisigmatau (1553 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor

excellent points. I made a post recently about how another issue is about why Marvel comics is failing.

one of the things they need to do among many is to change the whole format to comics. You dont have to release them monthly anymore! You're main source of cash flow is movies. They have the flexibility to approach things differently.

Also fans need to stop buying comics just because its issue 1. Thats why they keep doing relaunches

#46 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Posted by PanzerX (459 posts) - - Show Bio

Most Marvel writers and writers in general don't care about feats.

#48 Posted by Jmarshmallow (13840 posts) - - Show Bio

Heavily heavily HEAVILY agree with F and G. It’s as though they’ve lost all sense of scale, the power creep has gotten up to anime levels at this point.

With the high-tiers, every new villain/character is automatically put up against someone like Thor and trounces him to “showcase” their power, but it starts losing meaning when it happens so frequently.

And now it’s even affecting abstracts. I mean LT has started getting his ass whooped, like what in the world is that? And suddenly TOAA may not even be at the top of the omnipotent food chain?

I like power creep when done correctly. But you shouldn’t just use well-established powerful characters as nothing more than a benchmark.

#49 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio

@panzerx: its not about feats but when thor haveing problem with someone like white tiger bad

#50 Posted by Supermanthor (16279 posts) - - Show Bio