Prey scores 98% on Rotten Tomatoes

  • 90 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ghostodoofus2
Ghostodoofus2

10565

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghostodoofus2
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Finally, a good Predator movie.

Avatar image for hydratedfubuki6
HydratedFubuki6

13539

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sheeshh. Finally.

Avatar image for wolfrazer
Wolfrazer

19373

Forum Posts

2

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Wolfrazer

That poster is weird and honestly if I hadn't seen the trailer, I wouldn't have known this was a Predator movie. I mean from the title and this post, it looks more like someone fighting a Kaiju monster.

Still I guess I'll watch it when it comes about, I'll judge for myself.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

this will embarrass someone 😉🤣🤣

Avatar image for ghostodoofus2
Ghostodoofus2

10565

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for lordtwigo
LordTwigo

2237

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ghostodoofus2: He never said the movie will definitely be bad, just that the trailer looked troubling to him. Besides he's not afraid to admit he was wrong when sometimes

Avatar image for kilgpmktra
kilgpmktra

1942

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heiqn: Critical Drinker?

The YT community in general

Every modern YT movie reviewer is just a wannabe critical drinker.

They'll say that the critic score is not legit and instead, reference the imdb score which will inevitably get influenced by their own audience

Avatar image for ghostodoofus2
Ghostodoofus2

10565

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lordtwigo: Oh yeah, he's right most of the time so there's no shame in him making a mistake every now and then.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By heiqn
@lordtwigo said:

@ghostodoofus2: He never said the movie will definitely be bad, just that the trailer looked troubling to him. Besides he's not afraid to admit he was wrong when sometimes

Yes he said. He literally trashed the film. Get off his meat please.

Avatar image for heatforce
Heatforce

9046

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Heatforce
@kilgpmktra said:
@ghostodoofus2 said:

@heiqn: Critical Drinker?

The YT community in general

Every modern YT movie reviewer is just a wannabe critical drinker.

They'll say that the critic score is not legit and instead, reference the imdb score which will inevitably get influenced by their own audience

Iirc Drinker criticized the trailers being spoilery and not that the movie looked like shit right? Regardless we've all been burned by the predator/ alien franchises numerous times so even though the trailers looked good, expectations were dirt low. That stated I hope the movie is good. Feels like a survival thriller and I love that shiz.

Avatar image for lordtwigo
LordTwigo

2237

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heiqn said:
@lordtwigo said:

@ghostodoofus2: He never said the movie will definitely be bad, just that the trailer looked troubling to him. Besides he's not afraid to admit he was wrong when sometimes

Yes he said. He literally trashed the film. Get off his meat please.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Screen grabs from ending part of his video.

He definitely ragged on the movie trailer, but he makes it very clear he has nothing against the concept and more against the company making it Disney, which is fair considering their track record

Avatar image for heatforce
Heatforce

9046

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@lordtwigo:

Yeah drinker is quickly becoming one of my favs. Up there with Jahns and Stuckman.

Avatar image for kilgpmktra
kilgpmktra

1942

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Crit drinker is ass. Just a masqueraded nerdrotic, a type of youtuber that are a dime a dozen on the platform. Jahns is ass too, because he's clearly the result of passion losing its standards for commercial success.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By heiqn

@lordtwigo:

Screen grabs from ending part of his video.

Stopped reading here. %99 trashing, %1 justifying as usual. You forget to mention he loves Ripley, tho.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By heiqn
@kilgpmktra said:

Crit drinker is ass. Just a masqueraded nerdrotic, a type of youtuber that are a dime a dozen on the platform. Jahns is ass too, because he's clearly the result of passion losing its standards for commercial success.

Exactly. Don't forget Mauler and Heelvsbabyface too. Four horseman of trashing every single female lead project, and gain money from army of incels and men scared from gays and POCs, lmfao. I'm a white straight man, never scared or annoyed from neither of these things and their affect to Hollywood. it must be pathetic.

They don't criticize projects. They only criticize politics.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By heiqn
@ghostodoofus2 said:

Oh yeah, he's right most of the time so there's no shame in him making a mistake every now and then.

I'm just curious, do you also think he has a point here? or here?

Avatar image for lordtwigo
LordTwigo

2237

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heiqn: I see...., judging by your overall reaction/behavior on this thread you seem to just have a personal disdain for the guy. Which is fine, he's flawed but there's no need to falsely characterise his work

Avatar image for heatforce
Heatforce

9046

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heiqn said:
@ghostodoofus2 said:

Oh yeah, he's right most of the time so there's no shame in him making a mistake every now and then.

I'm just curious, do you also think he has a point here? or here?

What about taking the sexy out of sexy actresses? I agree especially since only dudes can be shirtless or even naked on screen it seems. Lol i still see people bitching about boob armor for christ sake. Look not only straight dudes like ogling hot chicks, lesbians like eye candy too.

Avatar image for mrmonster
mrmonster

24049

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice. So glad this franchise has finally found it's groove again.

Avatar image for takenstew22
TakenStew22

39766

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Wait, it's out already?

Avatar image for socajunkie
socajunkie

13070

Forum Posts

2391

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#22 socajunkie  Moderator

I liked Predators.

Avatar image for ghostodoofus2
Ghostodoofus2

10565

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By Ghostodoofus2
Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By heiqn
@heatforce said:
@heiqn said:

What about taking the sexy out of sexy actresses? I agree especially since only dudes can be shirtless or even naked on screen it seems. Lol i still see people bitching about boob armor for christ sake. Look not only straight dudes like ogling hot chicks, lesbians like eye candy too.

Dude is literally saying, that female characters should have stayed as eye candies, shouldn't have physical power (in a superhero universe), and shouldn't have more focus and character depth. He's also randomly mocking Brie Larson with a very incel attitude, because she has a short hair and not feminine enough. According to his words, all females must dress sexy, because there's no other way they can be interesting, because that's "nature", (totally bullshit). This is not taking the "sexy" from woman. This is literally breaking the law of all Womans must be sexy, which is basically became a norm.

in short, all he said in this video is All womans in fiction must serve me with being an eye candy, and I don't care any other audience than straight men. If you aren't doing that, you are woke.

Your take from this entire video explains so much actually, because you watched this and your inner psychology nitpicked the only single true but irrelevant part in the video, funny thing is no one ever denied or praised Male sexualization, or tried to make a video about how males should stay as eye candies, should be weaker than woman, or the only way they can be interesting is wearing sexy outfits and act like a slut.

Avatar image for kgb725
kgb725

23229

Forum Posts

227

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25 kgb725  Online

That poster is weird and honestly if I hadn't seen the trailer, I wouldn't have known this was a Predator movie. I mean from the title and this post, it looks more like someone fighting a Kaiju monster.

Still I guess I'll watch it when it comes about, I'll judge for myself.

Instead of a Kaiju monster it's an alien monster.

Avatar image for spongegar
SpongeGar

2887

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Nice looking forward to it

Avatar image for heatforce
Heatforce

9046

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heiqn said:
@heatforce said:
@heiqn said:

What about taking the sexy out of sexy actresses? I agree especially since only dudes can be shirtless or even naked on screen it seems. Lol i still see people bitching about boob armor for christ sake. Look not only straight dudes like ogling hot chicks, lesbians like eye candy too.

Dude is literally saying, that female characters should have stayed as eye candies, shouldn't have physical power (in a superhero universe), and shouldn't have more focus and character depth. He's also randomly mocking Brie Larson with a very incel attitude, because she has a short hair and not feminine enough. According to his words, all females must dress sexy, because there's no other way they can be interesting, because that's "nature", (totally bullshit). This is not taking the "sexy" from woman. This is literally breaking the law of all Womans must be sexy, which is basically became a norm.

in short, all he said in this video is All womans in fiction must serve me with being an eye candy, and I don't care any other audience than straight men. If you aren't doing that, you are woke.

Your take from this entire video explains so much actually, because you watched this and your inner psychology nitpicked the only single true but irrelevant part in the video, funny thing is no one ever denied or praised Male sexualization, or tried to make a video about how males should stay as eye candies, should be weaker than woman, or the only way they can be interesting is wearing sexy outfits and act like a slut.

But can we agree that the sexualization of these characters isn't a bad thing? Yes the actors and actressses are their own individuals but they are acting and making a lot of money for it. No one is asking for a striptease but like imagine Powergirl wearing a more puritanical costume 🤮

Avatar image for ghostodoofus2
Ghostodoofus2

10565

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

It has now been certified 'fresh'.

Avatar image for wolfrazer
Wolfrazer

19373

Forum Posts

2

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for reyne-theabyss
Reyne-TheAbyss

402

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hopefully this is an actual indicator for it's quality; I look forward to the Kill Count on this one.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By heiqn
@heatforce said:

But can we agree that the sexualization of these characters isn't a bad thing? Yes the actors and actressses are their own individuals but they are acting and making a lot of money for it. No one is asking for a striptease but like imagine Powergirl wearing a more puritanical costume 🤮

Again, not my point and neither his. Videos topic is totally different. it's not even about sexualization = bad / good. it's about how Female sexualization is necessary, because they aren't interesting without it. Tells much about Critical Drinker's bigot mindset, but his fans of course won't accept it. Saying womans can be sexy and powerful at the same time is one thing, saying all womans have to be sexy because they aren't interesting without their bodies is a different thing. One is normal take and second is neckbeard take.

Avatar image for kaijuking
kaijuking

5454

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

My issue is lack of marketing. I never knew about this film till last week really and I am a huge Pred fan. Its under the radar.

Avatar image for krisbishop
krisbishop

11497

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33 krisbishop  Moderator

Cool. Actually starting to look forward to this.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#34  Edited By heiqn
@lordtwigo said:

@heiqn: I see...., judging by your overall reaction/behavior on this thread you seem to just have a personal disdain for the guy. Which is fine, he's flawed but there's no need to falsely characterise his work

I don't have anything personal for someone Idk in real life. Defending a guy who has bigot takes in %90 of his videos is fine, but you have to accept he is, and hate certain things, regardless film's quality. This is something he already accepted in most of his videos unintentionally. Hiding behind "writing" won't always save him.

This is why he trashed Prey and failed miserably, as expected. Since it's not Disney flop and there was a decent chance they were going to succeed.

Avatar image for tobeymaguire84
TobeyMaguire84

2246

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0


But can we agree that the sexualization of these characters isn't a bad thing? Yes the actors and actressses are their own individuals but they are acting and making a lot of money for it. No one is asking for a striptease but like imagine Powergirl wearing a more puritanical costume 🤮

Agree

Avatar image for reaperthegrim
ReaperTheGrim

3677

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heiqn said:
@kilgpmktra said:

Crit drinker is ass. Just a masqueraded nerdrotic, a type of youtuber that are a dime a dozen on the platform. Jahns is ass too, because he's clearly the result of passion losing its standards for commercial success.

Exactly. Don't forget Mauler and Heelvsbabyface too. Four horseman of trashing every single female lead project, and gain money from army of incels and men scared from gays and POCs, lmfao. I'm a white straight man, never scared or annoyed from neither of these things and their affect to Hollywood. it must be pathetic.

They don't criticize projects. They only criticize politics.

lol

Avatar image for famousroman
Famousroman

459

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

That poster is weird and honestly if I hadn't seen the trailer, I wouldn't have known this was a Predator movie. I mean from the title and this post, it looks more like someone fighting a Kaiju monster.

Still I guess I'll watch it when it comes about, I'll judge for myself.

u a predator fan?

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#38  Edited By heiqn
@reaperthegrim said:

lol

If you don't have any counter arguments please don't tag me for say "lol".

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By heiqn
@tobeymaguire84 said:

Agree

Sexualization isn't bad Tobey, saying every single female must be sexualized because they aren't interesting without it, is. it shouldn't be so hard to understand, especially for you.

Avatar image for tobeymaguire84
TobeyMaguire84

2246

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By TobeyMaguire84
@heiqn said:
@tobeymaguire84 said:

Agree

Sexualization isn't bad Tobey, saying every single female must be sexualized because they aren't interesting without it, is. it shouldn't be so hard to understand, especially for you.

Not everybody but now no single female is. Look at big budget movies now. Only male have sex appeal.

Avatar image for wolfrazer
Wolfrazer

19373

Forum Posts

2

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for lordtwigo
LordTwigo

2237

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By LordTwigo

@heiqn:

How do you feel about a woman leveling similar criticizism on this movie that critical drinker anticipated

Loading Video...
Avatar image for famousroman
Famousroman

459

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@wolfrazer: was wondering if u would ever do any RTs for the verse since urs are usually well made

Avatar image for superdarth
SuperDarth

1845

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heiqn said:
@kilgpmktra said:

Crit drinker is ass. Just a masqueraded nerdrotic, a type of youtuber that are a dime a dozen on the platform. Jahns is ass too, because he's clearly the result of passion losing its standards for commercial success.

Exactly. Don't forget Mauler and Heelvsbabyface too. Four horseman of trashing every single female lead project, and gain money from army of incels and men scared from gays and POCs, lmfao. I'm a white straight man, never scared or annoyed from neither of these things and their affect to Hollywood. it must be pathetic.

They don't criticize projects. They only criticize politics.

Isn't Mauler the guy with the unbearable voice that made an entire season trying to convince people that the Flash is bad? You read that right; this guy isn't making a video on why he thinks it's bad, he's trying to convince people that it's bad.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#45  Edited By heiqn
@lordtwigo said:

How do you feel about a woman leveling similar criticizism on this movie that critical drinker anticipated

Are you joking or serious? No one takes Grace "L" Randolph seriously after her Multiverse of Madness trolling.

Avatar image for heiqn
heiqn

8649

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By heiqn
@superdarth said:

Isn't Mauler the guy with the unbearable voice that made an entire season trying to convince people that the Flash is bad? You read that right; this guy isn't making a video on why he thinks it's bad, he's trying to convince people that it's bad.

Ye thats him, imagine making 13 hours counter argument video for Jenny Nicholson's 20 minute Joker review

Avatar image for wolfrazer
Wolfrazer

19373

Forum Posts

2

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for lordtwigo
LordTwigo

2237

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@heiqn: Scoops aren't the same as reviews. She's seen the movie and is reviewing it.

And even to a self claimed feminist woman it pushes the line of believability

Avatar image for sonofmadara
SonOfMadara

865

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Really excited to see it, this was probably the franchise's last chance to revive the universe

Avatar image for famousroman
Famousroman

459

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0