inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

This September, experience a blockbuster seminal story of the Super Solider brought to light in CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #1! The Eisner-award winning team of Jeph Loeb and Tim Sale reunite once more to bring you the long awaited return to their prestigious ‘color’ book series!

Following such iconic classics as SPIDER-MAN: BLUE, DAREDEVIL: YELLOW and HULK: GRAY, CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE will continue the unique collaboration between Loeb and Sale as they bring you an all-new story starring Steve Rogers and Bucky Barnes! Previous collaboration between these two icons has yielded modern comic masterpieces – so don’t miss out on the birth of their next chartbusting hit! Plus, this extra-sized issue also reprints the complete CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #0!

Peel back the layers of Steve Rogers with a tale of Captain America in WWII as he defended the world from the forces of evil, and met a young man named Bucky Barnes who would change his life forever. Loeb & Sale’s combination of in-depth characterization and explosive super hero action meet for an epic tale of one of Cap’s most dangerous missions of all!

At long last, the eagerly anticipated series lives again. Be there when this legend in the making comes to comic shops and digital devices in CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #1!

Get caught up with the JEPH LOEB & TIM SALE: YELLOW, BLUE AND GRAY hardcover – available now in comic shops and wherever books are sold.

CAPTAIN AMERICA: WHITE #1 (of 5) (JUL150711)

No Caption Provided

Written by JEPH LOEB

Art & Cover by TIM SALE

Inhumans 50th Anniversary Variant by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL (JUL150713)

Variant Covers by MAHMUD ASRAR (JUL150714),

TIM SALE (JUL150712) and SKOTTIE YOUNG (JUL150715)

FOC – 08/24/15, On-Sale – 09/16/15

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

And now... Captain America: Black. (c)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3
deactivated-5a04a566e9ae3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Captain America: Hispanic

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Captain America: Yellow

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@rubear said:

And now... Captain America: Black. (c)

I was wondering if somebody had already posted this... lol

WillSonneFisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Looks great

ThePieter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the previous color themed Marvel books so COLOR me excited.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

I want this. Now!!

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least it isn't Captain America: Rainbow... Thought the fan reaction would be hilarious to withness

Mark_Stephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another origin retell?

Aliltron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 16

Can't wait! Definitely going to be picking this series up.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

If this is like any of the other stuff this team has done, we're all in for a treat.

BalooMamalu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

This team on every character.

Bonzi161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some people are alluding to it in their comments but I guess I will flat out ask it... Is this called Captain America: White so we dont confuse it with the new Captain America because hes black? No matter what the reason behind it is... this is a poorly thought out title...

Nuec_Sol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LiveForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By LiveForever

@bonzi161 said:

Some people are alluding to it in their comments but I guess I will flat out ask it... Is this called Captain America: White so we dont confuse it with the new Captain America because hes black? No matter what the reason behind it is... this is a poorly thought out title...

It's sort of bad timing for that reason, but no, has nothing to do with Sam Wilson at all. In fact, this miniseries has been in the works for quite a long time. Loeb & Sale's previous Marvel works were also named after colors, particularly ones that correlate with the character's origins. Hulk: Grey (as he originally was), Daredevil: Yellow (original suit was yellow), and Spider-Man (Blue).

Daredevil: Yellow in particular was great, as was this duo's Batman stories, The Long Halloween & Dark Victory. Very excited for this.

Koays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LMFAOOOOOOOO. This is a funny title

wowlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know this has nothing to do with...you know...race but MAN such a bad timing for that title :D

mdamasco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sale's art looks as great as ever! He really need to get on more books

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By superhoodie

Can't wait for it.

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, this was made when Jeph Loeb was reeling from his son's death.

Low hope.

Ostyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

White Capt Power!

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Cool

AmbushSatyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know we have to much batman stuff right now, but because Frank Miller returned to the mad, I would love Loeb and sale to as well.

WartyComb39498

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WartyComb39498

I literally thought that this was a parody when I read the title. Pretty odd choices in comic books lately, first Frank Millers "The Master Race", now this...

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I literally thought that this was a parody when I read the title. Pretty odd choices in comic books lately, first Frank Millers "The Master Race", now this...

@bonzi161 said:

The "Color" series has been going on for years now.

Daredevil: Yellow, Hulk: Grey, Spider-man: Blue. Captain America: White was a heavily delayed project but still...the first thing that comes to your mind is racism :P

safefruitcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll check this out. I really like their Batman books and Superman For All Seasons, so I should enjoy this too.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one irked by the fact that it's 5 issues when the rest have been 6.....gahh...OCD....must be even.

Anyways hugely hyped for this the color books are the only good things Loeb has contributed to Marvel in the past decade. Loved the original trilogy.

Hopefully this means we might get that 12 issue Spider-Man story by Loeb and Campbell.

Xaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least it isn't Captain America: Rainbow... Thought the fan reaction would be hilarious to withness

Lol !

Avatar image for thatguywithheadphones
thatguywithheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great timing Marvel, like wow.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31  Edited By bloggerboy

Daredevil: Yellow was alright but I loved Loeb's & Sale's The Long Halloween and Dark Victory.

But why so many pathetic comments about the title's name?

Avatar image for currentthor2015
CurrentThor2015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

godzilla44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Racist Marvel

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jayskee

Captain America: Korean

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Squalleon

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642 said:

Am I the only one irked by the fact that it's 5 issues when the rest have been 6.....gahh...OCD....must be even.

Anyways hugely hyped for this the color books are the only good things Loeb has contributed to Marvel in the past decade. Loved the original trilogy.

Hopefully this means we might get that 12 issue Spider-Man story by Loeb and Campbell.

How many pages were the previous series? Maybe this is just as big only divided less.

EDIT: There is a #0 issue so that makes six :P

lagozzino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

But why so many pathetic comments about the title's name?

Seriously, I'm not sure if Comicvine is suddenly overrun with unfunny trolls or legitimately stupid people.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: The zero issue is being combined with the first plus the zero wasnt a full length comic.

Most of the issues were slightly longer than regular comics.

Dredd_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anyone commenting on the title is legitimately confused (versus the trolls), the 0 issue of this title was published 7 years ago. Bucky was Captain America then, because Steve Rogers was "killed" the year before.

Avatar image for mattydavehalpeo
MattyDaveHalPeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MattyDaveHalPeo

How do they choose the colours for each series? I get Daredevil: Yellow (because his yellow costume is the one used in that run), but although Spiderman's classic suit has blue on it, and 'Cap's classic suit has white, they're not the main colour on either.

Aros001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@bonzi161 said:

In all fairness the color books are named by using a color associated with the character (early Daredevil yellow and early Hulk Grey) so the colors you associate with Captain America are red, white and blue. Spider-Man already had blue and red for whatever reason just seems like it wouldn't fit, maybe because it's associated more with the Soviet Union than America, so white was really the only color left to go with.

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42  Edited By Zeeguy91

@aros001 said:
@bonzi161 said:

In all fairness the color books are named by using a color associated with the character (early Daredevil yellow and early Hulk Grey) so the colors you associate with Captain America are red, white and blue. Spider-Man already had blue and red for whatever reason just seems like it wouldn't fit, maybe because it's associated more with the Soviet Union than America, so white was really the only color left to go with.

There's also the possibility Loeb is planning to use red as the color to go with another character. Iron Man, maybe? That is, if there are any more of these "color" titles.

Anyway, I'm super excited for this. Loeb and Sale make a killer team. I love Batman: The Long Halloween.

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knew people would automatically think it was a racist just from the preview title. lol

OptimucCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just been a while but Sale's art looks a little different than it does in his previous work. Still interested, though.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it sad SJWs are accusing Marvel of racism when it's just a color themed book that Marvel does every once and a while.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe it's just been a while but Sale's art looks a little different than it does in his previous work. Still interested, though.

I think it is because of the coloring.

Billy_Cobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This series actually started in 2008 with a #0 issue as a preview for the series. This was, of course way before Sam Wilson became Captain Falcon. It's just like Batman: Europa--the series was named and slated for years ago, but the creators just were not able to complete the projects for publication until now. There's no reason to change the name.

bretmaverick2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Since I have enjoyed every Loeb/Sale collaboration (emphasis on EVERY), I will definitely be picking this one up.

NukeA6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wartycomb39498 said:

@bonzi161 said:

The "Color" series has been going on for years now.

Daredevil: Yellow, Hulk: Grey, Spider-man: Blue. Captain America: White was a heavily delayed project but still...the first thing that comes to your mind is racism :P

What can you expect from the Age of Trigger'd? You think the comments are something, wait till it gets slammed at its release. Never mind the fact that we already have enough A-list white males get politically correct replacements.

NWOslave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it sad SJWs are accusing Marvel of racism when it's just a color themed book that Marvel does every once and a while.

it's what happens with you are a perpetual victim.