Predicting where people with super speed is gonna go doesn’t automatically allow you to hit them.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I’ve heard that predicting movement or precog would allow you to hit a speedster but that just isn’t the case most people with super speed have fast combat speed and reaction speed so the speedster can change their attack plan at anytime and precog doesn’t automatically allow you to physically do anything about it.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's how Quicksilver knocked down a guy who had that.

Also Deathstroke had some plot force going for him against some speedsters.

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fabricolage: Mr. X’s Fight with quicksilver was how I thought a no prep fight with a speedster would go most of the time and yeah that entire fight with deathstroke made me cringe.

fabricolage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

macleen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By macleen

Its virtually impossible without PIS as most assume speed from the slow person's perspective and ignoring the speedster's slowed perception that would make it impossible to predict or the fact that he/she can change their movement at the last second making them unpredictable

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@macleen: People just assume that the slow person will just get a lucky hit because they’re looking from the perspective of the slower person but if they had the speedsters perspective they would see why that’s wrong.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tell that to Deathstroke

GermanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidolio: except.... this is fiction, it isn't real life. Superhuman speed makes just about as much sense as humans reacting to superhuman speedsters.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super speed doesn't necessarily mean super senses or super intuition.

A precog could predict such lapses in their sensory perception and blind side the speedsters (usually with an attack that utilize the speedsters own speed against them)

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: You should search up the scan of Flash having lunch with Superman while having a conversation because that’s how speedsters sees the world while in combat and if you still see how someone who isn’t moving would do what you said because it seems as if flash could just sit in front of street levelers and from his perspective it would take them hours to notice him.

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidolio said:

@mimisalome: You should search up the scan of Flash having lunch with Superman while having a conversation because that’s how speedsters sees the world while in combat and if you still see how someone who isn’t moving would do what you said because it seems as if flash could just sit in front of street levelers and from his perspective it would take them hours to notice him.

Im talking about general, you are talking about specifics.

Not all speedster is Flash or subscribe to DC's plot mechanics

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: Well most speedsters that I can think of seem to have fast reaction time and fast combat speed and all them can just do what flash did but just not to the same extent since marvel and dc seem to agree that that’s how speed works.

Example: Quicksilvers fight with Mr.X and Flash when not jobbing and FOX Quicksilver

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mimisalome

@kidolio said:

@mimisalome: Well most speedsters that I can think of seem to have fast reaction time and fast combat speed and all them can just do what flash did but just not to the same extent since marvel and dc seem to agree that that’s how speed works.

Example: Quicksilvers fight with Mr.X and Flash when not jobbing and FOX Quicksilver

"Reaction" still requires them to detect something (usually a signal) in order to actually react

It doesn't really matter how fast they are.

The logic of sensory mechanics requires your senses to be in contact with those signals.

Photons need to hit your eyes before you can actually see something

Sound Waves need to make contact with your ears in order for your brain to process those sounds

Sense of touch, sense of taste, sense of smell all work that way.

So yeah Speedster can be blindside and can be tag if their senses failed to detect and make CONTACT (which is essentially tagging them) with a signal.

At least if you want to be logical about it

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: Well actually for most speedsters all parts of their body moves fast including every part of their body and chemicals and organs but I do get when you said being able to see and hear but flash specifically can see even if he’s faster than light and also tagging flash by surprise should be near impossible because when he feals something try to hit him his mind and body immediately go to speed mode but I meant more of hitting not just tagging sorry if I wasn’t clear enough.

Example for flash: When Wally West was in a theater and watching a movie someone shot a bullet at him from behind and when it made contact with his skin his mind immediately sped up and he casually caught the bullet. Isn’t that cool?

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By mimisalome

@kidolio said:

@mimisalome: Well actually for most speedsters all parts of their body moves fast including every part of their body and chemicals and organs but I do get when you said being able to see and hear but flash specifically can see even if he’s faster than light and also tagging flash by surprise should be near impossible because when he feals something try to hit him his mind and body immediately go to speed mode but I meant more of hitting not just tagging sorry if I wasn’t clear enough.

Example for flash: When Wally West was in a theater and watching a movie someone shot a bullet at him from behind and when it made contact with his skin his mind immediately sped up and he casually caught the bullet. Isn’t that cool?

Well if we look at comics then anything is possible.

Superman can hear sounds in the vacuum of space where sound waves ain't supposed to happen, much more travel astronomical distances as if the sounds just happened in the same room. But that us comics for you

My point is that if we wanted to be logical: then speed =/= sense perception.

- And logically you can disorient a speedster by overwhelming his senses (putting him on a mirror maze),

- you can by-pass the speedsters detection by employing stealth (going invisible),

- you can trick a speedster by manipulating what he can sense (illusions, deception),

- and you can have a speedster falls on a concealed pit trap if you can anticipate where and when he will move (precognition).

Kidolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mimisalome: You’re right that comic logic is weird but only 2 of those 4 options might work both of those illusion solutions would work if they work the way I think they do but the stealth option doesn’t really work because the moment your punch connects they’ll feel it, dodge then beat you up and the hole trap only works if the hole opens up at the speed appropriate to the speedster. Also I kinda already agree that with the right prep you could beat someone’s faster than you but I start having problems when people massively slower than someone in all categories hits them because of prediction abilities even though they’re statues in the eyes of the fast person.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
The_living_tribunal_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What kidolio said

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca9389143922
deactivated-5ca9389143922

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People can change directions, ya know.

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

anyone who fights fluidly wouldn't be hit by people even if they predict movements, because they can inevitably outpace them to a point where even if they know where to hit, they wouldn't be able to feasibly counter attack because said opponent is faster

helloman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is true.