#1 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Thor Ragnajoke introduced one of the greatest mysteries of all time into the CBM Forums and that being how in the hell did Hela destroy Mjolnir? It has been debated to be pure strength, that Hela shouldn't logically have. And magic that Hela has shown next to none amount of sorcery. Just how powerful would one have to be to destroy this metal? Now with Endgame we finally have a clear cut answer with Scarlet Witch vs Thanos.

Sure there is no confirnation that Thanos' sword is Uru but it has to be. It's pretty much believed by all that Uru is superior to Vibranium and we see him shred Captain America's shield like it's not even there. That same sword also stalemated Stormbreaker, previous statements from officials even said that Thanos' sword would be a match for it. So of it isn't Uru, it's a comparable metal.

Scarlet Witch is a powerful telekinetic who can manipulate items in excess of thousands of tons who works on a molecular level, allowing her to damage vibranium as well. She chipped off a piece of Thanos' "uru" sword after a few hits so this gives us a basis of what is required to actually destroy Uru like Hela did.

Through scaling we can concur that it takes immense strength along with some sort of psychic manipulation, both of these women have that. Hela's power being special enchanted Obsidian manipulation that's comparable to Uru along with psychic control over them and minimum magic. So she has a link to Uru and a degree of molecular manipulation just like SW. She even crafted Skurge Uru Armor using nothing but her mind. Combining that she could squeeze Uru and destroy it's integrity much like Wanda did to Thanos' sword and when she destroyed Ultron.

Avatar image for finalkingthanos
#2 Posted by FinalKingThanos (883 posts) - - Show Bio

It’s hard say with the Hela feat I thought the later mural showing Hela as the original weirder of Mjolnir made it more ambiguous that perhaps that’s what helps her overpower it but it’s mostly head canon of course.

#3 Posted by EmmaFrostXmen (3021 posts) - - Show Bio

The only people that have the strength to do it are Scarlet Witch, And Hela

#4 Posted by Joker567892 (247 posts) - - Show Bio

You have to be City Level is my guess, Thanos sword is likely made of Uru, and the sword and Thanos destroyed Cap's shield.

#5 Posted by BalancedTruth (1277 posts) - - Show Bio

House level

#6 Posted by Heatforce (6397 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen calcs that put destroying Mjolnir around country lvl, maybe a little higher but those usually assumed that Mjolnir was made from neutron star material iirc which I don't think is the case.

#7 Posted by tethadam (1062 posts) - - Show Bio

If Uru(Mljonir) can withstand Thor busting Sokovia, than maybe country level.

Avatar image for chuggachugga170
#8 Posted by chuggachugga170 (334 posts) - - Show Bio

city level+

#9 Posted by Darkthunder (3104 posts) - - Show Bio

Country level or more

#10 Posted by JohnCena69swag (4024 posts) - - Show Bio

Star level gg

#11 Posted by Richubs (5655 posts) - - Show Bio

It's inconsistent and there no way to tell.

#12 Posted by CocaColaMan (518 posts) - - Show Bio

Uru no sold a city busting in its face. If you look at the thing most famous for destroying Uru, a neutron star, and you look at the Snap, the biggest energy wave in the universe, you can see how it is consistent. Hela crushing Mjolnir is either inconsistent or makes her a lot stronger than she has any right to be.

#13 Posted by Batman242 (12321 posts) - - Show Bio

I always chalked down Hela being able to destroy Mjolnir to be her ability to manipulate weapons.

#14 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

I think so, too. Or maybe because she wielded it before as well has something to do with it.

#15 Posted by Batman242 (12321 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

I think so, too. Or maybe because she wielded it before as well has something to do with it.

Wielding it before could be why she was able to hold it, but wouldn't help in her being able to crush it.

Maybe it is pure strength she used, but her other feats of strength don't really justify that imo.

#16 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

The MCU just really doesn’t care about consistency of power levels. They had to do something dramatic to show off the new big bad, so it was like “dude have her crush Mjolnir” lol. Her other feats of strength aren’t really close to that besides easily overpowering Thor.

#17 Posted by ourmanuel (12258 posts) - - Show Bio

Full force level

#18 Posted by Batman242 (12321 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

The MCU just really doesn’t care about consistency of power levels. They had to do something dramatic to show off the new big bad, so it was like “dude have her crush Mjolnir” lol. Her other feats of strength aren’t really close to that besides easily overpowering Thor.

That's the thing, the way she was easily overpowering Thor wouldn't justify it either. I was expecting her to pick him up with one hand and toss him out of the palace from the throne room. That didn't happen, she just flipped him, which is not that great. Maybe you're right and I'm looking for too much consistency.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#19 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4615 posts) - - Show Bio

I always assumed she broke it apart from the inside with wtv her goop Power was or Wtv, based off Gorr the God Butcher.

#20 Posted by Mr_Shazam0920 (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242:

Yeah man I’ve accepted it. The MCU is not like the WODC. They portray their characters as more relatable whereas Dc portrays them as more idolized versions.

#21 Posted by nightgate (895 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr_shazam0920: Bro, what if the scene with Mjolnir being lifted Hela was the one lifting it to save her brother?

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#22 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (4377 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems like bait.

#23 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Posted by nightgate (895 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by KillBilly (2287 posts) - - Show Bio

City level+ destructive capacity.

#26 Posted by JefferydeDucke (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs the heat of a Star to at least melt it

#27 Posted by MainJP (6388 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Marvelx13 (359 posts) - - Show Bio

@nightgate: What you suggested made absolutely no sense

#29 Posted by ANTHP2000 (28460 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll say it again, we don't know if Thanos' sword is Uru. There's clearly a bunch of other alien metals that are unknown/unnamed but have been used and are clearly superior to vibranium.