Power

Porter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Porter

Why is almost every character in MU having an upgrade in their powers- Iron Man, THor, Silver Surfer, Hulk, Spider-Woman, etc?

the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By the creator

Perhaps beacuse to perform the power feats they are shown to do in the comics, they would need to be a lot more powerful than the published figures.

Porter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Porter

I mean as of right now with the Secret Invasion going on.

Avantar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Avantar

Lack of creativity. Up the powers and not the story lines. Also make it more plausible that different characters can take on other villians that they wouldn't normally be thought of to be able to defeat. Overall..weakness of good writing

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Pania

Avantar says:

"Lack of creativity. Up the powers and not the story lines. Also make it more plausible that different characters can take on other villians that they wouldn't normally be thought of to be able to defeat. Overall..weakness of good writing"

Agreed. I remember when writers used to find ways for characters to use their existing powers creatively or come up with creative teamwork, but that was back when fights were actually choreographed rather than just huge splash pages of super powered people beating on one another. I've also noted that many writers seem to have mistaken "playing around with a character's powerset" for "character development".

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By !Drake!

It all starts at the root. once they make one strong character, they need one to tkae that one out, then one to take that one out. I thing Hulk and Juggernaut rank at the top of marvel power rankings

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Pania

!Drake! says:

"It all starts at the root. once they make one strong character, they need one to tkae that one out, then one to take that one out. I thing Hulk and Juggernaut rank at the top of marvel power rankings"

In physical strength only, only by the amount of weight they can bench press. There are more powerful characters such an energy manipulators (Magneto, Sentry), reality warpers (Scarlet Witch, Franklin Richards), and magic users (Thor, Dr. Strange...sometimes).

Post Edited:2008-04-24 04:09:07

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By !Drake!

Pania says:

"!Drake! says:
"It all starts at the root. once they make one strong character, they need one to tkae that one out, then one to take that one out. I thing Hulk and Juggernaut rank at the top of marvel power rankings"
In physical strength only, only by the amount of weight they can bench press. There are more powerful characters such an energy manipulators (Magneto, Sentry), reality warpers (Scarlet Witch, Franklin Richards), and magic users (Thor, Dr. Strange...sometimes).
Post Edited:2008-04-24 04:09:07"

Still thor or Hulk(in most cases) always comes outon top. Some people call it bad writing but I dont. Hulk has beaten Thor, richards, scarlet, magneto, and sentry. Once you pass the line of strength and get so far amgic itself cannot stop you.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pania

Errr. The Hulk beat Magneto? When? And the Hulk just lost to the Sentry in WWH. And the Hulk has not faced OdinForce/RuneMagic Thor.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pania

Er...Magneto was not Onslaught. Magneto was in a vegetative state during the Onslaught story arc.

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By !Drake!

Hulk beat Sentry in WWH. Ill get bakc to you on the issue of Magneto and Hulk it was during the onslaught thing. Oh ya your right about Thor that is "warrior madness thor" Im thinking of

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By !Drake!

Pania says:

"Er...Magneto was not Onslaught. Magneto was in a vegetative state during the Onslaught story arc. "

well was it Age of Apocalypse? I remember they were battling Hulk trie to pull Mags heklmet off like a crazed titan. Mags used magnetism to launch a huge and sharp metal pole at hulk. Mags thought he had won. But hulk had been faking it he had the posle as if it was in his stomach. But really it did nothing. When mags grabbed Hulk shoulder Hulk grabbed his arm and banged him from wal to wall. The he twisted in circlar motion and lauched magento.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Pania

No. Age of Apocalypse was the X-Team's only.

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By !Drake!

Pania says:

"No. Age of Apocalypse was the X-Team's only. "

Well have you ever seen the fight I ust described lol

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By !Drake!

oh ya how did you say hulk lost to sentry in WWH

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Pania

!Drake! says:

"Pania says:

Well have you ever seen the fight I ust described lol"

How old was this comic? About the only time I can remember the Hulk and Magneto being in the same fight was Defenders #16 and Magneto was aging (in his 50's) and reliant on tech to augment is waning powers at that point. I don't know if they actually threw down as Magneto had "Alpha the Ultimate Mutant" with them. At the end of that issue, Magneto was reduced to infancy. Later in X-Men #104, he was regrown to adulthood, to the "prime of his life" (minus the physical ravages of the Holocaust) by Eric the Red and was MUCH more powerful than he had ever been.

Because he beat him into his Bruce Banner form. Probably it would be more correct to call that fight a draw, it certainly wasn't a "win" for the Hulk.

!Drake!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By !Drake!

Pania says:

"!Drake! says:
"Pania says:
Well have you ever seen the fight I ust described lol"
How old was this comic? About the only time I can remember the Hulk and Magneto being in the same fight was Defenders #16 and Magneto was aging (in his 50's) and reliant on tech to augment is waning powers at that point. I don't know if they actually threw down as Magneto had "Alpha the Ultimate Mutant" with them. At the end of that issue, Magneto was reduced to infancy. Later in X-Men #104, he was regrown to adulthood, to the "prime of his life" (minus the physical ravages of the Holocaust) by Eric the Red and was MUCH more powerful than he had ever been.
I havent figured it out yet. but it wasnt that one. Its maybe a year or tow old..
Because he beat him into his Bruce Banner form. Probably it would be more correct to call that fight a draw, it certainly wasn't a "win" for the Hulk. ".

No. Hulk had been s powerful that Sentry had to use too much power wich reverted them bothe back. Which is when he was knocked out by Bruce. and Bruce wnet bakc to Hulk. Thats a win to me. Getting your opponent yto use all of his power and tire himself out.

Pania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pania

!Drake! says:

"I havent figured it out yet. but it wasnt that one. Its maybe a year or tow old..

Then it was an alternate universe and not cannon. Magneto had faaaar more weapons at his disposal than chucking metal at the Hulk. And given that Wanda has warped all of reality, I doubt the Hulk could do anything to her. He'd take one step and suddenly become a bunch of butterflies.

Re: Hulk sentry. Whatever. It looked like a draw to me.

Post Edited:2008-04-24 05:19:32