Potential DCAU Superman Upgrades (Spoilers)

RageCrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RageCrash

Can't help but notice that in Justice League vs the Fatal Five, Superman seemed pretty OP, at least toward the end. Now I can’t recall if this is official canon, but it’s based on the same cartoon, so I'm thinking it might?

Anyways we see some pretty good showings from Superman:

1. Chasing the Eye of Ekron to the Sun

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Empress claims that in 3 minutes, the Earth will be no more (can’t recall exact lines but implication was it would blow up the Sun). This might be exaggerated, since if you check the time frame from when the eye leaves the Earth to when it's approaching the Sun, it's more on the lines of 5 minutes (still fast). Superman manages to catch up to it just before reaching the Sun, and he left the Earth about 3-4 minutes after the eye. Light takes about 8 minutes and 20 seconds to reach the Earth from the Sun. So Superman should be at least Speed of Light, given that he reaches the eye right before it hits the Sun despite leaving Earth a few minutes after the eye. (A little OP if you ask me, in comparison to what he's done in the cartoon)

2. Tanking the explosion of the Sun caused by the eye

No Caption Provided

This is not to say that he tanked a supernova, but the explosion was enough to crack the Sun (whatever the heck that means). But even low-balling it, he should be tanking at least a super massive planetary explosion. This seemed crazier than even the speed showing.

Anyways these are things I noticed from the film. Superman is my favorite comic character so seeing him do some crazy things in the animated universe was pretty cool, consider this is one of the weaker versions. Again I'm not sure if it's canon to the DCAU but I'm sure it's a story that takes place in some version of it. The other characters seemed much stronger in this movie than in the show, so I thought it would be interesting to point it out.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f
deactivated-5eadbe7fcf64f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It’s a cliche thing to say but that seems like the usual case of “Its Superman”.

He has a more balanced power throughout the film but when thy need to go up a level he just can because that’s what he does he saves the day and so on.