Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By buttersdaman000

I think only Thor here has enough feats to be the winner and all of those are even without Warrior Madness also his oath brother who is identically equal in power(Beta Ray Bill) also destroyed an planet before, and second looks like Goku

and Superman's showings is telling us that he is obviously not a planet buster so i don't think he should be here

Lmao......

PrinceAragorn1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By PrinceAragorn1

Goku. Dbz is the expert when it comes to planet busting :)

mr_ingenuity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By mr_ingenuity  Moderator

Still Silver Surfer...

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Superman can only bust a planet with Infinite Mass Punch, who kinda killed himself when he did it with a moon (so hes out), and Hulk only busted a planet with help.

Wasn't it a Dark Matter moon? Doesn't that mean it was made up of stronger material?

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

...Since when does fan made calculations and the out of proportion solar system Kamehameha make Goku a galaxy buster? Only Bills has ever claimed to be a galaxy buster and he doesn't have the feats to back it up. I'm being reminded why banning DBZ vs comic battles was such a good idea as this might get ugly.

I love you, haha. I loved DBZ growing up but people insist on using this 10th grade level math to back up their arguments. "SSJ3 Goku can destroy multiple Galaxies !" makes me want to hate on the series.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jwalser3 said:

@ximpossibrux said:

Superman can only bust a planet with Infinite Mass Punch, who kinda killed himself when he did it with a moon (so hes out), and Hulk only busted a planet with help.

Wasn't it a Dark Matter moon? Doesn't that mean it was made up of stronger material?

People like to ignore this fact lol

RIKR2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Goku murderstomps this one

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By Deranged Midget

Goku stomps lol, Superman needs to go almost FTL speeds to bust the moon.

How is that a negative thing? He essentially moves faster than any other of the characters here save for Surfer. The faster you move, the faster you could possibly destroy the planet.

Regardless, Surfer wins this with ease.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seems like this thread is starting to brew into a sh*tstorm so I replaced Goku with Thanos.

Pharoh_Atem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Surfer. During Annihilation he casually destroyed a planet just by teaching Ravenous a lesson. Not to mention he could just open a black hole.....

Avatar image for unbreakable_fs4
unbreakable_fs4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By unbreakable_fs4

Surfer or Thanos (since Goku has been removed) takes this. I can't remember correctly but wasn't Thanos battling Drax at one point and the force of them locking hands was destroying the planet?

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter said:

Goku stomps lol, Superman needs to go almost FTL speeds to bust the moon.

How is that a negative thing? He essentially moves faster than any other of the characters here save for Surfer. The faster you move, the faster you could possibly destroy the planet.

Regardless, Surfer wins this with ease.

He needs to build momentum all Goku has to do is point and shoot

SS at best would stalemate with Goku.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He needs to build momentum all Goku has to do is point and shoot

SS at best would stalemate with Goku.

Except Goku took a decent chunk of time to power attacks to a certain level and even then, he never even produced a kamehameha wave powerful enough to destroy a planet. Closest thing was Cell tossing out theoretical claims and Kid Buu producing Spirit Bomb sized attacks that actually managed to do so as well.

Not that it matters anymore, OP has removed Goku.

Avatar image for deactivated-60600b79ed2c5
deactivated-60600b79ed2c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

1. Thanos

2. Silver Surfer

3. Thor

4. Hulk

5. Superman

6. Death Star

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

for people saying Goku can't busting planets, his punches alone have shattered planets.

Loading Video...

His Ki output is much greater then that. Bills is stated to have galaxy level ki output and Goku in Super Saiyan God form is just below that.

hart7668

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By hart7668

@thereptile: That punch didn't even destroy King Kai's planet, let alone a Mars sized planet. But I'm sure you think Goku was probably holding back right? Against a character he felt was clearly much stronger than him (considering Goku could sense his ki and Bills has nothing to hide)? Or is the argument going to be that since the planetoid's gravity is ten times that of Earth's, it probably has more mass? I assure you, it's just plot device to train Goku.

Now, I'm pretty sure Goku, in his SSJ3 form could use ki blasts to destroy planets (hell, Kid Buu could and SSJ3 is supposed to be the power equivalent). But I don't think there is a character in DBZ that could destroy a planet by sheer physical force.

If I had to pick a winner from this, it'd have to be Thor. Single strong strike from Mjolnir or fly with Mjolnir through the core. Though I suppose Superman or Silver Surfer could do the same thing.

RetconCrisis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RetconCrisis

@lvenger said:

...Since when does fan made calculations and the out of proportion solar system Kamehameha make Goku a galaxy buster? Only Bills has ever claimed to be a galaxy buster and he doesn't have the feats to back it up. I'm being reminded why banning DBZ vs comic battles was such a good idea as this might get ugly.

It's been stated in Battle of the Gods and by Akira Toriyama that SSJG is a galaxy buster. And knowing how Bills easily took on SSJG it is safe to say he is a galaxy buster.

NighThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

goku wulda won , but now ,

Thanos

Silver surfur

thor

hulk

superman

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait, is Goku even in this? If so, he's a close second to Surfer.

LimpoyzLoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Surfer wins

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hart7668: So the fact that the planet is 10x more dense then Earth and the fact that Goku didn't even make proper contact with the planet it still doesn't mean he can bust a earth/mars size planet? or the fact that the Kai's can create planets with a small amount of there power and could finish Freiza off with one blow (Even though he had planet level durability) doesn't count right?

No Caption Provided

but let me guess, even though Goku stopped a strike which cut someone in half with planet level durability doesn't mean anything? dude don't lowball Goku, im not lowballing anyone on this list they are all really strong.

And I don't know if you realize but Bills the God of destruction, his job is to go round a destory planets for a living ( im not joking look it up). Goku's Super Saiyan God form is just under that level.

P.S. If Goku isn't the winner then it would be silver surfer.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@thereptile: I don't mean to fan the flames of DBZ arguments but I'm not a fan of using the logic that since Frieza tanked a planetary explosion, Trunks cut him in half so this means SSJ Goku has planet busting+ durability. There's no grounds for this to be based on, particularly as an exploding planet and a sword slice are different attacks. Coupled with a lot of theoretical statements and differing interpretations over the insubstantial feats of DBZ and you have your problems with your statement right there.

On topic, Thanos or Silver Surfer wins.

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TheReptile

@lvenger: I don't understand why you would have a problem will Goku having planet level durability. Look at it this way, Frezia survived an explosion with a force greater then at least 53 quadrillion megatons, Trunks' sword created more force then that but it doesn't have to be an explosion, plus the fact that Trunks super charged his sword with Ki which made the strikes stronger.

Cooldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#75  Edited By Cooldes

@deranged_midget:

*first encounter against a mod*

*may be alittle scared, but refuses to let it show*

Just in the vegeta fight alone, most of your points are shown to be invalid.

Goku has shown MANY times that he can fire kamehameha waves instantaneously, and of varying power. And this isn't a fight(even though goku HAS shown to use kamehameha waves mid combo) so it doesn't matter how long it takes him to power up his ki blasts.

i hate to use abc logic here but if first form frieza could destroy planets with a finger while laughing, and goku could match full powered ki blasts with final form frieza, he should then easily have the ki to do so himself.

we should all know by now that charge ups in dbz are for dramatic effect. goku, on his first time showing ssj3 took forever, but afterward he's shown to do it instantaneously. same with vegeta when he first went ssj. same with kamehameha waves. the charge ups are just for show.

but... goku was erased from the OP so this is all mute anyway. .-.

XxGin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SS

and Thanos

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Deranged Midget

@cooldes said:

@deranged_midget:

*first encounter against a mod*

*may be alittle scared, but refuses to let it show*

Just in the vegeta fight alone, most of your points are shown to be invalid.

Goku has shown MANY times that he can fire kamehameha waves instantaneously, and of varying power. And this isn't a fight(even though goku HAS shown to use kamehameha waves mid combo) so it doesn't matter how long it takes him to power up his ki blasts.

i hate to use abc logic here but if first form frieza could destroy planets with a finger while laughing, and goku could match full powered ki blasts with final form frieza, he should then easily have the ki to do so himself.

we should all know by now that charge ups in dbz are for dramatic effect. goku, on his first time showing ssj3 took forever, but afterward he's shown to do it instantaneously. same with vegeta when he first went ssj. same with kamehameha waves. the charge ups are just for show.

but... goku was erased from the OP so this is all mute anyway. .-.

Thanks for the response mate.

Fair points all around but I'm not disputing that Goku can't toss around extremely powerful ki waves, I only stated in regards to those powerful enough to supposedly bust planets. The strongest one we've seen him demonstrate was the instant transmission kamehameha and that took a decent amount of time to charge up against Cell, which completely drained him afterwards.

See that's the thing with Vegeta or Frieza destroying those planets, it was massively and utterly inconsistent. That level of power was never demonstrated again. Recall the power-ups from the earliest portions of the series. There was demonstrations of how they were shaking the world with their power and those characters in comparison couldn't even hold a candle to SSJ3 Goku who did the same.

It's a messed up situation but I appreciate the response.

dum529001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By dum529001

You guys are arguing about blast radius & energy density?

You really think the size(volume) of an energy burst determines its power?

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: I don't understand why you would have a problem will Goku having planet level durability. Look at it this way, Frezia survived an explosion with a force greater then at least 53 quadrillion megatons, Trunks' sword created more force then that but it doesn't have to be an explosion, plus the fact that Trunks super charged his sword with Ki which made the strikes stronger.

The problem, in my opinion, isn't necessarily with planet level durability, it's with how most uneducated or bias (not saying you) dbz fans take it. They apply scaling and abc logic to everything, making it seem like Goku has to have had solar system+ durability by the end of the series, even though hes been hurt by weaker. And, anyways, a good argument against his and other characters planet level durability, is there tendency to always dodge or get killed by blast that are planet level (Kid Buu for example).

And, I don't know what you or the other guy were talking about in regards to king kais planet.....its barely the size of an asteroid. Goku punching through it does not suggest planet level strength, and frankly, I don't think he has it. It's not like they rely on strength anyways....

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thereptile: I could easily counter the assertion that Trunks' sword swing packs more force than 53 quadrillion megatons but this would be going off topic a bit. Suffice to say, Goku's had to escape planet busting attacks before. Both when Namek exploded and when Earth was blown up by Kid Buu. Not to mention that his supposedly planet busting Super Kamehameha against Cell only warranted a nuclear sized explosion radius (not saying it was equivalent to a nuclear bomb though) and wasn't narrowed down like Vegeta's Final Flash was. Plus an all out SSJ3 Kamehameha against Kid Buu wasn't a planet buster either.

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@buttersdaman000: For the King Kai thing, the planet is 10x more dense then Earth. Its not that big but its way more dense, it could still mean that Goku couldn't bust a large planet but being that Goku didnt even mean to break it I think he could.

For the ABC logic thing, It works most of the time when you just use things from the original manga, when you add filler, GT or any movies then it goes to crap. Unless you want to try and explain to me how frieza can beat Majin Buu then I will believe ABC in 90% of the time. Akira Toriyama said that he always makes the villains stronger then the last one (If you don't believe me I can link you to a interview where he says that). Now no DBZ character has shown solar system level of durability so Goku can't be that durable by the end of the series, he has only shown planet level. You are right in the sense that DBZ characters tend to dodge attacks like that rather then tank them but I ask you what would be the point of tanking something for the sake of tanking something if you could simply dodge it? Characters like Frieza have shown planet level durability in the past very early on in the series so what would be the point of consistently showing it again?

Also since saiyans get stronger after every fight, the main characters clearly get stronger after each villain they fight.

Now in not one of those DBZ fans that are like "GOKU CAN ONE-SHOT THE UNIVERSE HERP DERP", but I highly doubt that Goku can't bust planets with ease by the end of the series.

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TheReptile

@lvenger Goku had to escape the explosion of Namek and Earth because he can't breath it space there is a difference, Frieza didn't have to because he could breath in space dont you remember that whole conversion that they had about it?

Cell tanked that entire explosion at close range which is why the explosion didn't keep going, that was the whole point of Goku using instant transmission in the first place. When Frieza blew up planet Vegeta the planet blew up because he was aiming for it, when he fired the same attack at Trunks the attack didnt get very far because Trunks tanked it dead on at point blank range. Also if all energy attacks covered the range that the attack would normally do mathematically ( Which Toriyama never did) then there would be no point in beam struggles.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thereptile: But don't you see the massive inconsistencies in what these characters are capable of? Frieza casually blows up planets yet more powerful characters have to charge up their attacks to bust planets. I love DBZ but it is wildly inconsistent and presents major problems to the somewhat more logically consistent comic book characters' feats.

TheReptile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@thereptile: But don't you see the massive inconsistencies in what these characters are capable of? Frieza casually blows up planets yet more powerful characters have to charge up their attacks to bust planets. I love DBZ but it is wildly inconsistent and presents major problems to the somewhat more logically consistent comic book characters' feats.

I never said that DBZ was consistent! I completely agree with you on that point, DBZ isn't consistent because Akira Toriyama just doesn't written like that. When you compare DBZ to comic books it is very different because its manga. In Japan the culture is different and don't follow the American comic book style of writing. But its also not that fair that people try to apply comic book logic to manga. In the DBZ manga ABC logic does work most of the time but the same logic doesn't work in comics.

Doomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.