Picking up comics midway into storyline?

jellyman223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jellyman223

I'm kinda new to comics so I'm just wondering if you were to pick up a comic midway should you try to look for the first ones or just continue with the arc or story from what you have? I'm wondering because I'm interested in following the "Invincible" comic from Image, also I have punisher 6 and ect. So what do you guys do? Go on from what you have or try to get the beginning issues?

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#2  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I think if you can you should go to the beginning of the arc. Sometimes you just have to jump into the middle of a long running series, but if there's a story going on and it only started a couple issues previously, might as well go back a little. Take advantage of it coming in story arcs and not one huge tale. Sometimes you can't help it though, then you just gotta read and make sense of where you are (and look online for a recaps and other info).

jellyman223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jellyman223

Cool thanks because I'm at 26 of "The immortal Iron fist" right now and I don't know if I can be able to find all 25 comics xD

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By SUNMAN

I would not recommend starting in the middle of an arc, unless you have some knowledge to what is going on. Even then it is not a great idea

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#5  Edited By xerox_kitty
@jellyman223 said:
"Cool thanks because I'm at 26 of "The immortal Iron fist" right now and I don't know if I can be able to find all 25 comics xD"
Sure you can... comic shops, comic marts (look in your local paper or on google) or that magic place for everything... eBay.
Zotan Re

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zotan Re
@jellyman223 said:
" Cool thanks because I'm at 26 of "The immortal Iron fist" right now and I don't know if I can be able to find all 25 comics xD "
Yah i started at ten on that series which was 3 parts into an arc and i had some trouble figuring things out but it wasnt too bad after i got the jist of the story and some more issues
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By Vortex13
@jellyman223: the have the first three story arcs in trade, you would just need to find the comics after those that would make it easier, and I think they have the 4th one coming some time in the fall