• 63 results
#51 Posted by Streak619 (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela off course, she was holding Mjolnir midair.

#52 Posted by Batman242 (9196 posts) - - Show Bio

Hela off course, she was holding Mjolnir midair.

Don't think that counts as a strength feat considering Odin died.

#53 Posted by Streak619 (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: the hammer's enchantments were still working. Besides breaking enchanted Uru >> anything in MCU.

#54 Posted by thanosii (2735 posts) - - Show Bio

Dorms >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Ego >>>>> Hela

#55 Posted by Batman242 (9196 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: the hammer's enchantments were still working. Besides breaking enchanted Uru >> anything in MCU.

What makes you think that?

Odin put a spell on the hammer so that only Thor and those like him in virtue would be able to lift it. He also put a spell on Hela to be locked away for millennia(s) before Thor was born so that she couldn't wreak the havoc she desired. The day he died, his spell wore off on Hela's imprisonment and she was able to come back among the 9 realms.

Now which do you think would be more important to Odin after his death; ensuring his son's hammer would only go to the hands of those worthy or keeping his insane, capricious daughter away from everyone else?

#56 Edited by Streak619 (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: because thor was able to manipulate it?

He also said:" it's impossible"

Signifying that holding the hammer was an impossible feat in his eyes signifying the enchantments were fine.

#57 Edited by Batman242 (9196 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619 said:

@batman242: because thor was able to manipulate it?

He also said:" it's impossible"

Signifying that holding the hammer was an impossible feat in his eyes signifying the enchantments were fine.

The entire plot of Ragnarok was showing how many truths were hidden by Odin before Thor's very eyes. Thor saying "it's impossible" not only means literally nothing in the grand scheme of things, but also how much his father lied or withheld critical information from him.... Thor was ignorant to many things in regard to Asgard that he later had to figure out all on his own.

The very first things that happen after Odin's death;

1. Hela escapes imprisonment.
  2. Thor throws his hammer at his sister who catches and breaks it.

There is no way to verify that his enchantment was still working on the hammer. The most logical conclusion to come to was that it wore off considering his only other enchantment (that we're aware of), wore off immediately after his death.... Which is Hela's imprisonment.

Hela's first words once she is free;

"So he's gone. That's a shame. I would've liked to have seen that"

This suggests she's quite aware that the day Odin died, his powers would no longer work. Couple this with Odin's own words before his death;

"I cannot keep her away any longer." "It has already begun. She's coming. My life was all that held her back. But my time has come. I cannot keep her away any longer." "Her violent appetites grew beyond my control. I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. Locked her away."

#58 Posted by Streak619 (3563 posts) - - Show Bio

@batman242: dude you do realise that restraining the hammer from flying back = lifting it right?

Thor even stated that the hammer breaks through everything that gets in its way when he summons it.

Secondly Uru > vibranium, in terms of indestructability.

So not only did she essentially lift it, but she broke something harder than vibranium.

The fact that she could restrain Mjolnir so easily was something even the Hulk would never be able to do in a million years.

Easily the strongest

#59 Edited by Batman242 (9196 posts) - - Show Bio

@streak619:dude you do realise that restraining the hammer from flying back = lifting it right?

That is a fact that I never refuted. She did hold, lift and resisted Thor's calling back of Mjolnir. When in my post did I explicitly state that this was not the case?

Thor even stated that the hammer breaks through everything that gets in its way when he summons it.

A statement doesn't mean much if it doesn't have feats to back it up, but that's not the point that I'm concerned with. How are we certain Hulk doesn't have the necessary strength to crush Mjolnir like Hela did?

Secondly Uru > vibranium, in terms of indestructability.

I don't see how this is relevant. Vibranium isn't that durable to begin with either. It's ability to absorb energy via vibration should not be confused with durability.

So not only did she essentially lift it, but she broke something harder than vibranium.

Steel is harder than Vibranium. Again, her lifting it is not a spectacle. Odin's enchantment that earlier prevented all the Avengers from lifting it no matter what they did was made irrelevant prior to Hela's feat.

The fact that she could restrain Mjolnir so easily was something even the Hulk would never be able to do in a million years.

Hulk never had a chance to encounter Mjolnir post-Odin's death. I'm pretty sure he'd have been able to do the exact same thing.

Without the enchantment on Mjolnir, there's nothing to suggest anybody on Thor's level of strength (which isn't that great) couldn't prevent Mjolnir from being called back.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#60 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4082 posts) - - Show Bio

Kurse, Fenris or Hulk with Thor, Vision and Hela close behind

Surtur and Dormammu are just in another class and Thanos will most likely be above the 5 i mentioned above

#61 Posted by Psy4 (311 posts) - - Show Bio

Tony Stark, because he carries the franchise

Bruh xD

#62 Posted by TheBeardOfZues (1990 posts) - - Show Bio

On the Avengers,

Thor>Hulk>>IM>WM>Rest.

Everyone? Probably Ego because he can shift his planet around and lift mountains and such.

#63 Posted by Aka_aka_aka_ak (1437 posts) - - Show Bio

@alex_odinson: Not counting living planets and dimensions, or featless characters

1. Surtur
  2. Hela
  3. Kurse
  4. Hulk
  5. Fenris the Wolf
  6. Hulkbuster
  7. Vibranium Ultron
  8. Thor Odinson
  9. Vision
  10. Abomination

Hon'ble mention in no order:

• Ronan the accuser
  • Volstagg
  • Giant Man
  • IM/WM
  • Malekith
  • The Destroyer (due to lack of feats)

I'd swap Hela and Kurse for sure. Kurse is maybe even number 1. Hela's power wasn't her strength; she seemed about equal to Thor is terms of strength. I don't think it makes sense to have Hela and Thor 6 spots apart; she was beating him through superior skill and possibly a slight strength advantage, but not enough to place her anywhere near Kurse.