• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Glabal500 (922 posts) - - Show Bio

its only a matter of time, before some writer decides to kill 616- peter parker off to add a new "spiderman"

#52 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh, it is the Ultimate universe. It kind of allows for them to experiment with characters, and something like killing Spider-man kind of shows you it isn't the same as the 616.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
#53 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio

its funny and by funny I mean totally hypocritical that you get people like this guy moaning about how Peter Parker got replaced with a black kid but not one person made a peep when they replaced Daredevil with a little white kid.

#54 Posted by ssejllenrad (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glabal500 said:

@ssejllenrad: IDK why i am "butt-hurt"....maybe it has something to do with reading over 40 plus years of comics with Peter Parker the nerdy high school kid, dressed up in a spider suit with extraordinary powers and having many adventures as the "web slinger" known better as Spiderman and then being killed off, and adding a out-oft the blue character for no reason to replace him

For a Spiderman fanatic you're pretty ignorant aren't you? Ultimate Spiderman, the one they killed, started only in 2000. The 40+ year old comicbook Spiderman of the 616 universe is still alive and kicking!

#55 Edited by Glabal500 (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: daredevil is white you idiot,

#56 Posted by Glabal500 (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jekylhyde14: but the difference is alan scott "green lantern" is different compared to the other "green lantens"

#57 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glabal500 said:

@TheCrowbar: racism...... its racism cause i mentioned Isaiah Bradley..... or is it cause im using him of an example

alot of cap fans got pissed off cause of the whole "truth" story... you do realize that...

that whole "truth" story with Isaiah Bradley was Political Correctness at its finest...

Don't see you complaining about Kaine, Ben Riley or Miguel O'Hara. 

And a lot more cap fans enjoyed it, you do realize that....

that whole "truth" story is probably one of the best Cap stories? Comic book writing at its finest.
#58 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glabal500 said:

10 points for observation 
#59 Posted by Jekylhyde14 (907 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glabal500 said:

@Jekylhyde14: but the difference is alan scott "green lantern" is different compared to the other "green lantens"

Whatever you need to tell yourself to get to sleep tonight.

#60 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glabal500 said:

its only a matter of time, before some writer decides to kill 616- peter parker off to add a new "spiderman"

That's happened before. He'd come back, and realize he wasn't the clone.

#61 Posted by _Marco_Smith_ (1614 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Marco_Smith_ said:

@Glabal500 said:

That's happened before. He'd come back, and realize he wasn't the clone.

Well he hadn't died then, but they replaced him :P

#62 Posted by fury714 (625 posts) - - Show Bio

Miles Morales is a fresh new take, besides it's another universe here, id drop marvel faster than a bad habit if they killed off peter in 616, but since it's ultimate universe, hey why not try something new right? Wolverine was made a legacy character here with his son taking the mantle and it's turning out ok. And besides no one really dies in the 616 universe anyway so don't worry about Peter being killed off and being replaced.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#63 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (17997 posts) - - Show Bio

@fury714 said:

Miles Morales is a fresh new take, besides it's another universe here, id drop marvel faster than a bad habit if they killed off peter in 616, but since it's ultimate universe, hey why not try something new right? Wolverine was made a legacy character here with his son taking the mantle and it's turning out ok. And besides no one really dies in the 616 universe anyway so don't worry about Peter being killed off and being replaced.

Wolverine was never made a legacy character. Dark Avengers don't count because the were posing not actually succesing or replacing. Daken's book may be called Dark Wolverine but he's not really Wolverine.

#64 Posted by Glabal500 (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: wait "truth" was one of captain america's best stories

a blatant attack on steve rogers- the true captain america equates to being one of cap's best stories

YEAH RIGHT

#65 Posted by Deadcool (6943 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glabal500: Peter Parker is Spider-man, Miles Morales and Miquel O'Hara too, its true Peter Parker is more popular than Miles, but he is not the only one, and the death of Peter was awesome, because he is now an Imortal symbol of heroism, a character has never had the ipact that Peter had in the Ultimate Universe, he inspired a lot of new heroes Kitty Pryde, Ice Man, the Human Torch and also Miles, he teamed up with almost anyone, you are right, Miles would never remplace Peter, but he is not a bad character, he has shown to be as good as Peter was, give him a chance as I gave to him...

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#66 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fury714 said:

Wolverine was never made a legacy character. Dark Avengers don't count because the were posing not actually succesing or replacing. Daken's book may be called Dark Wolverine but he's not really Wolverine.

Fury was talking about james Howlett of the UU
#67 Edited by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glabal500 said:

@Jekylhyde14: you call yourself a comic-fan SMH

I'd say the same about you. You're basically insulting people for their opinions, as well as for liking a certain character. This isn't 616 Peter Parker. The legend is still alive. Miles is actually doing quite well imo, and his powers are interesting. He's Ultimate Spidey. You seem to fail to comprehend the entire point of the Ultimate universe. It's there so things can be done differently. 616 Spidey won't be killed off, he's making too much money for Marvel, and even if he was, they'd just bring him back.

Seriously, I thought sexism in comics was the new topic of fan rage. Thought we'd moved on from the 'diversity problems' and the Miles Morales fiasco..

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
#68 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (17997 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@fury714 said:

Fury was talking about james Howlett of the UU

Oh wow. doi. my apologies.

#69 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17181 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on amigo. New directions are good for old super heroes. I thought it was a pretty sick idea myself!

#70 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
@Glabal500 said:

Ok I'll lay it out nice and simple for you: Peter Parker died. got replaced by Miles Morales. you moan about this because he is black. Matt Murdock dies. Gets replaced with Ray Connor. You don't mind this because he is white.
#71 Posted by NightRunner (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Half the 616 Marvel Universe is dead in the Ultimate universe and Miles is not the first spiderman to not be Peter Parker. Who cares who is behind the mask the story that they have written so far is great. I like Peter too but I'm still interested were their taking this.

#72 Posted by JairamGanpat (1017 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are feeding a troll and this thread should be locked

#73 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

@JairamGanpat said:

You guys are feeding a troll and this thread should be locked

Actually, that just occurred to me. Damn, my troll senses are way off..

#74 Posted by Glabal500 (922 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: i don't follow daredevil that much, but i think that is stupid to replace him

i thought it was stupid for bucky to replace steve

i thought it was stupid for dick to replace bruce

and i think its stupid to replace peter, with miles

#75 Posted by fury714 (625 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn said:

Come on amigo. New directions are good for old super heroes. I thought it was a pretty sick idea myself!

Exactly. :D

@spiderbat87 said:

@Glabal500 said:

Ok I'll lay it out nice and simple for you: Peter Parker died. got replaced by Miles Morales. you moan about this because he is black. Matt Murdock dies. Gets replaced with Ray Connor. You don't mind this because he is white.

Is ray connor still alive after the vampire fiasco though?

#76 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (45774 posts) - - Show Bio
@fury714 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Glabal500 said:

Ok I'll lay it out nice and simple for you: Peter Parker died. got replaced by Miles Morales. you moan about this because he is black. Matt Murdock dies. Gets replaced with Ray Connor. You don't mind this because he is white.

I'm not entirely sure, it seemed like he died but you can never tell unless its stated out right
#77 Posted by Glabal500 (922 posts) - - Show Bio

the reason im asking this, cause if they can kill of a establish character like peter even in the ultimate universe

they might kill him off in 616, for good...... this time

#78 Posted by fury714 (625 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@fury714 said:

@Glitch_Spawn said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Glabal500 said:

I'm not entirely sure, it seemed like he died but you can never tell unless its stated out right

He was cool, sucks that they got rid of him and put him limbo real quick. Would've also been nice if he had a new costume to go along with it

#79 Posted by ssejllenrad (13110 posts) - - Show Bio

Ultimate Parker was replaced by Morales... Waaaaaaah!

No Caption Provided
#80 Posted by fodigg (6244 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to disagree with the OP in every way possible. "Spider-Man" is a big concept with room for many characters and interpretations, and it's not a bad thing to let one of those characters into the big shoes for a while.

#81 Posted by Superguy0009e (2404 posts) - - Show Bio
Loading Video...

@Glabal500: yes, because change and anything different is stupid

look, i understand that change is uncomfortable, and sometimes can be bad...but this time they did it right

Pete is Spiderman.....but if there is anything comics taught me, specifically Grant Morrison's Batman, is that Spiderman isn't a person, it's an idea, and seeing the idea of Spiderman being passed down is a good thing. if you respect Spiderman/Pete, you have to understand that sooner or later, Pete can't be Spidey, and that someone taking up Spiderman's name is meant to be an honor

Honor the Hero with an Equally Great Hero
Honor the Hero with an Equally Great Hero

Did the race of Miles come out of left field, ya, but honestly, it's something new, and by the way the've been writing the character, I am honestly excited to see where this new Spidey treads

#82 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29886 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Glabal500 said:

@ssejllenrad: IDK why i am "butt-hurt"....maybe it has something to do with reading over 40 plus years of comics with Peter Parker the nerdy high school kid, dressed up in a spider suit with extraordinary powers and having many adventures as the "web slinger" known better as Spiderman and then being killed off, and adding a out-oft the blue character for no reason to replace him

Are you not grasping that this is the Ultimate Universe and that Peter is still Spider-Man in MAIN CONTINUITY.

I absolutely love how your post was ignored here. Clever trolling disguised as poor trolling. *Clap, clap*

#83 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Glabal500 said:

Are you not grasping that this is the Ultimate Universe and that Peter is still Spider-Man in MAIN CONTINUITY.

I absolutely love how your post was ignored here. Clever trolling disguised as poor trolling. *Clap, clap*

I'm actually impressed. It's trollception, or something.

#84 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29886 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Glabal500 said:

The vine needs unofficial-official troll awards. (The award is a prompt ban).

#85 Posted by Mercy_ (94916 posts) - - Show Bio

Flagged for being a bait/troll thread.

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Glabal500 said:

Trolling is a art. And it's shamefully overlooked.

#86 Posted by _Zombie_ (10572 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress said:

Flagged for being a bait/troll thread.

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@The Dark Huntress said:

@Glabal500 said:

Trolling is a art. And it's shamefully overlooked.

Used to be an art. Now it's reduced to "LOL UMADBRO?!!?!111!".

#87 Posted by NinjaProtocol (105 posts) - - Show Bio

It's pretty pointless to complain about Isaiah Bradley(or anything else, probably). It's not like he's still going around being Captain America. He's confined to a wheelchair and is mostly child-like in personality now, so there's no worry about him getting Steve's spotlight.

#88 Posted by VinnyWeapons (41 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kal'smahboi said:

You're right. Peter Parker is not Miles Morales.

hahaha!