Peter Parker is Spiderman, Not Miles Morales

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Glabal500

sorry, i am not a fan of Miles Morales... it seems like everyone is excited about his story, i think its stupid

PETER PARKER IS SPIDERMAN, not Miles Morales, okay...... do not kill an established character off, i just think its stupid on Marvel's part....

Im all for diversity in characters, but if you want to add diversity, then just create new characters, not kill of a beloved character, and then create a new character to take up the "spider-man" mantle... its just stupid

same thing with the whole Isiah bradley, thing.. Steve Rogers is Captain America, not this guy....

If artists, marvel etc. want more diversity in there comics, then create NEW characters, instead of killing off legendary characters, and replacing them with someone else

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#2  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

This thread is fail

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

You do realize that Peter Parker is still Spider-man in the original continuity, right? Why can't Ultimate take a different direction? It's freaking Ultimate. That's the entire point.

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Glabal500

@spiderbat87: because you cannot comprehend logic

there are many things you don't do in the world of fiction, and killing established, legendary characters is not one them

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By Kal'smahboi

You're right. Peter Parker is not Miles Morales.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Kal'smahboi said:
You're right. Peter Parker is not Miles Morales.
lol
Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Glabal500

@InnerVenom123: because its going to hurt sales, and the fact even if its a great comic, its still going to not do as well......

its stupid, and it pisses alot of fans off, who are "Spiderman" fans. and when i say spiderman i mean Peter Parker

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Glabal500

@Kal'smahboi: Peter Parker is Spiderman

Miles Morales is Not

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Glabal500: I'm sorry, I've heard that sales for USM were doing quite well, actually.

You think it's stupid, that's fine. It does piss a lot of fans off, that's true. But it's still a nice direction to go in. Why even bother getting upset? Just read Amazing Spider-man! You get the classic Parker-Spidey action there and everything! It's great!

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Glabal500

@InnerVenom123: maybe this will work in the Ultimate series, still i am kind of skeptical about it

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Jekylhyde14

Peter Parker?

I'm sorry, I just got Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #1 last month, and I'm pretty sure Miles Morales is Spider-Man. Am I wrong? Who's Peter Parker?

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Glabal500 said:

@spiderbat87: because you cannot comprehend logic

there are many things you don't do in the world of fiction, and killing established, legendary characters is not one them

The alive 616 Parker is the legend. Not the dead Ultimate Parker. A lot of comicbook "icons" are dead in the Ultimate Universe. Wolverine for example. It's not like it affected the main continuity. You're taking all these things too seriously.

WildStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By WildStyle

Funny Thread

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Glabal500

@Jekylhyde14: you call yourself a comic-fan SMH

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Glabal500

if you guys think this is going to work

then why is the new spiderman remake about peter again instead of miles?

think about it

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Glabal500: So far it's actually working very well within the context of the Ultimate Universe. Also....

@Glabal500 said:

think about it

Because they were already making the movie before Miles came out.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheCrowbar
@Glabal500 said:

think about it

thinking...thinking... oh because the remake went into production before Miles Morales was even thought of and Miles has even yet to put on a suit.
Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Glabal500

@InnerVenom123: they couldn't wait..........?? im sure marvel knew miles morales was coming....

or maybe its because most people relate to Peter Parker being Spiderman, and not Miles Morales

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Glabal500: You do realize that Miles is only Spiderman in the Ultimate Universe and nowhere else?
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ssejllenrad

@Glabal500 said:

think about it

Because it's not the main continuity!

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#21  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

Oh god here we go again.

Avatar image for sesquipedalophobe
sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Glabal500: They're rebooting the Spider-Man film with Peter Parker because he's already well-established as Spider-Man. Don't use the word logic and drop something as insignificant as an adaptation as your basis for skepticism. I also think it's funny you only brought up Isiah Bradley instead of Bucky Barnes. What's your angle?

Iron_Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Iron_Turtle

1/10 try harder troll.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By TheCrowbar
@Glabal500 said:

@InnerVenom123: they couldn't wait..........?? im sure marvel knew miles morales was coming....

or maybe its because most people relate to Peter Parker being Spiderman, and not Miles Morales

Oh that Parker has decades of marketing behind him and Miles doesn't? Seriously, they handled this transition the best way possible. I wouldn't change anything about it.
Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Glabal500

@sesquipedalophobe: They're rebooting the Spider-Man film with Peter Parker because he's already well-established as Spider-Man...

BINGO, YAHTZEE he is already the well-established spiderman, HE is spiderman, and if they want to draw the bigger crowd in there going to use the character people know most and that is Peter not Miles

Bucky has been an established character with Steve since the 40s, and not just a out of the blue character like Isaiah.. and even then i didn't agree with the killing of Steve, and it got backlash, which is why they brought him back..

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Jekylhyde14

@Glabal500 said:

I don't know. So far I'm relating to it pretty well. I wish my uncle was Snoop Dogg.

ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ssejllenrad

Why is the OP b*tthurt as if Parker no longer exists as Spiderman?

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
@sesquipedalophobe I kind of thought the same thing.
Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Glabal500

@TheCrowbar: or maybe its the fact that Peter Parker is Spiderman and that most fans when they think "Peter Parker" they think spiderman... not Miles Morales... hence the marketing behind SPIDERMAN, not Miles Morales

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30  Edited By owie  Moderator

Why can't you have both? I don't get the problem. There are millions of what-ifs and alt-continuities and so on. Just don't read this one if you don't like it. I do happen to like it, so I am reading both Amazing and Ult. Spidey.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mega_spidey01

this thread is pointless  

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Glabal500

@ssejllenrad: IDK why i am "butt-hurt"....maybe it has something to do with reading over 40 plus years of comics with Peter Parker the nerdy high school kid, dressed up in a spider suit with extraordinary powers and having many adventures as the "web slinger" known better as Spiderman and then being killed off, and adding a out-oft the blue character for no reason to replace him

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Glabal500: The film still has nothing to do with comic continuity. It's not simple logic you want, but writers to cater to your fragile sensibilities.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheCrowbar
@Glabal500
Oh god I never thought about it that way! Mostly because my brain is fully functional. Miles Morales isn't going to bleed into the main continuity anytime soon( Hint: At all. Ever.).
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Why does this guy keep bringing up Isaiah Bradly?

Avatar image for darth_brendroid
darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By darth_brendroid

@Glabal500: Because Miles hasn't got a story that can be told on screen just yet. He's still taking the baby steps to becoming his own character; does he even have a rogues gallery of his own yet, or is everyone acting under the assumption he's going to inherit Peter's?

And, um, it's the Green Lantern conundrum all over again. Everyone knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man, and everyone knows John Stewart is Green Lantern. No one knows who Hal Jordan is, and Miles is fresh off the printing press so... he hasn't been the star of x number of TV shows yet.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By Mercy_

@Glabal500 said:

Superman. Batman. The Flash. Jean Grey. Captain America. Bucky Barnes. Cable. Nightcrawler. This is just off the top of my head and just main continuity.

For Ultimate Universe, there are far more deaths than that.

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Glabal500

@spiderbat87: cause im using him as an example, ever heard of that before...

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous
@Glabal500 said:

@ssejllenrad: IDK why i am "butt-hurt"....maybe it has something to do with reading over 40 plus years of comics with Peter Parker the nerdy high school kid, dressed up in a spider suit with extraordinary powers and having many adventures as the "web slinger" known better as Spiderman and then being killed off, and adding a out-oft the blue character for no reason to replace him

ULTIMATE PETER PARKER WAS NOT AROUND FOR 40 YEARS
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TheCrowbar
@spiderbat87 said:
Because we can't have a thread like this without an undertone of racism. 
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#41  Edited By Mercy_

@Glabal500 said:

Are you not grasping that this is the Ultimate Universe and that Peter is still Spider-Man in MAIN CONTINUITY.

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Glabal500

@sesquipedalophobe: you think its alright that 1 sole writer can kill of a beloved established character, to add his own creation into the world....

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope I'm not black in another universe, otherwise no one will know how to portray me on film.

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By darth_brendroid

@Glabal500: I think so. Stories are stories because they have a beginning and an end, and no-escape-from-hell/heaven is a good way to end a character's story.

Besides, Ultimate Spider-Man is Bendis' story of Spidey. Like All-Star Superman was Grant Morrison's.

Glabal500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Glabal500

@TheCrowbar: racism...... its racism cause i mentioned Isaiah Bradley..... or is it cause im using him of an example

alot of cap fans got pissed off cause of the whole "truth" story... you do realize that...

that whole "truth" story with Isaiah Bradley was Political Correctness at its finest...

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@darth_brendroid said:

@Glabal500: Because Miles hasn't got a story that can be told on screen just yet. He's still taking the baby steps to becoming his own character; does he even have a rogues gallery of his own yet, or is everyone acting under the assumption he's going to inherit Peter's?

And, um, it's the Green Lantern conundrum all over again. Everyone knows Peter Parker is Spider-Man, and everyone knows John Stewart is Green Lantern. No one knows who Hal Jordan is, and Miles is fresh off the printing press so... he hasn't been the star of x number of TV shows yet.

lots of people know who hal Jordan is even despite the Justice League cartoon. Hal was the star of GL for a good 30 years y'know.

sesquipedalophobe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Glabal500: I think if it makes money and Ultimate Spider-Man less of a clone of 616 Spider-Man, then by god as my witness, yes. I have nothing else to say on the matter. This thread is the Ultimate version of several other threads and I'm not liking the colorful remarks.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@TheCrowbar said:

@spiderbat87 said:
Because we can't have a thread like this without an undertone of racism.

Exactly. I was thinking the same thing but didnt want to be "That Guy"

Jekylhyde14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jekylhyde14

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@darth_brendroid said:

lots of people know who hal Jordan is even despite the Justice League cartoon. Hal was the star of GL for a good 30 years y'know.

That and the fact that Alan Scott was the first Green Lantern. Not Hal Jordan.

darth_brendroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By darth_brendroid

@Avenging-X-Bolt: I know lol. Just referring to the big outrage when it was revealed GL was going to be Hal Jordan in this years film, since a lot of people thought GL was Stewart. I even had a friend IRL ask me whether GL was supposed to be like he was in JLU.