#1 Posted by ZhangThong12 (237 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on, people. Iron Man 3 is Attack of the Clones of comic book movies. Something that is not bad enough to be among the worst, but not good to be among the best, either.

#2 Edited by IronGentleman (9 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not like it was the worst comicbook movie ever, like 2015 Fantastic Four or Suicide Squad. It was above average.

#3 Edited by SpicedRum (229 posts) - - Show Bio

...can't think of a reason why it's that bad besides the Mandarin twist which I personally was fine with but can understand why others got pissed.

I've never seen any legit criticism of it, people just say it sucked without giving reasons, here I'll at least give a reason why it's better than 2: the villain had a personality

#4 Posted by GodSaveMeNow (950 posts) - - Show Bio

most of the people who disliked the movie are comic-book reading crybabies who are pissed that the screenwriter didn't give them what they want.

Did they know that Iron Man 3 was made for the general audience and not a tiny group of comic book readers?

#5 Posted by Thekillerklok (9919 posts) - - Show Bio

It was pretty bad, but there are plenty of enjoyable bad movies... this one even had an actual budget.

I mean Logan takes a turd all over it, don't get me wrong.

still a popcorn movie you don't have to actually pay close attention to.

#6 Edited by Chris-Sama (3624 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the greatest film, but it is definitely overhated.

#7 Posted by HATSoffMELO (2555 posts) - - Show Bio

i liked it showed what tony can do without the suits

#8 Posted by DSTREET45 (5246 posts) - - Show Bio

...can't think of a reason why it's that bad besides the Mandarin twist which I personally was fine with but can understand why others got pissed.

I've never seen any legit criticism of it, people just say it sucked without giving reasons, here I'll at least give a reason why it's better than 2: the villain had a personality

#9 Posted by RBT (27164 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by MainJP (5886 posts) - - Show Bio

Like who?

#11 Posted by tj849 (8569 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a popcorn flick

#12 Posted by BruceRogers (17180 posts) - - Show Bio

Some people think Suicide Squad is a great movie. I guess different people have different opinions.

#13 Posted by GateOfBabylon (3693 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked the Mandarin twist. Go ahead, burn me at a stake.

These.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57
#14 Posted by deactivated-5b0ff1f569a57 (4213 posts) - - Show Bio

@brucerogers: Suicide Squad is a misunderstood masterpiece. The enchantress’ acting was even better than Ledger’s Joker.

#15 Posted by WhyZoSerious (1682 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a masterpiece for sure, but still overhated. I can name a lot of movies in MCU phase 1-3 way worse than Ironman 3 - Thor Dark world, The Incredible Hulk, Ant-man. And don't even make me start with X-men parodies or some DC "movies" + its Box office gross shows how great Robert Downey Jr is - only one superhero into this movie, shiat villain, bad storyline and still, still over 1,2 billion. More than whole Civil War crew and almost the same amount of AoU. Doubled JL p.e.

You cannot hate any Ironman movie, that's it. The only thing you can afford to say is that this is the worst out of the three. Nothing more or you are getting closer to the blasphemous.

#16 Posted by g2_ (11292 posts) - - Show Bio

Really overhated, but I can see why. It ruined The Mandarin.

Avatar image for marvelanddcfan24
#17 Posted by MarvelandDCfan24 (7163 posts) - - Show Bio

It's not very good or bad mediocre

#18 Edited by Asgaard (4373 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a well done movie from action to cinematography tone and pace that some people from the comic book bubble don't like because of a plot point (Mandarin twist)... Others in the mentioned bubble just "attack" it because of preferences insecurity as they perceive it as a possible "fissure" in the Mcu "shield"...

At this point, after there is no doubt that this big blockbuster movies need a huge range in terms of appeal, center their reception or just flawed perception from some in a specific bubble doesn't mean anything, because in the end its not even a representation of the Mcu fans, that are way more than the ones from the mentioned bubble...

Funny you mentioned "Attack of the Clones" when "Iron Man 3" wasn't even "Star Wars 8", since it maintained the Mcu engine working at full power with all its cylinders, unfortunately the technically inferior movie "The Last Jedi" wasn't able to keep the hype for the Star Wars franchise...

#19 Posted by Worldofthunder (5055 posts) - - Show Bio

The action was horrible and the story was ridiculous. It didn't feel like an Iron Man movie, more like a teenage girl in a suit of armor. I still liked the movie, though, lol.

#20 Posted by Magian (151229 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually liked it. Don't see what was so bad about it.

#21 Posted by BruceRogers (17180 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by katrurius17 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

The action was horrible and the story was ridiculous. It didn't feel like an Iron Man movie, more like a teenage girl in a suit of armor. I still liked the movie, though, lol.

#23 Posted by JediXMan (42397 posts) - - Show Bio

It's the most useless MCU movie. It adds nothing, and any storyline introduced in it are done away with in the following movie.

#24 Posted by Pipxeroth (9133 posts) - - Show Bio

It's... okay. I have trouble deciding whether it's better or worse than Iron Man 2.

Avatar image for proteusxmanrxis
#25 Posted by ProteusXManRxis (4444 posts) - - Show Bio

@g2_ said:

Really overhated, but I can see why. It ruined The Mandarin.

#26 Posted by hyiena (5274 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it it's very rewatchable.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99
#27 Edited by deactivated-5b60e98a8eb99 (11593 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it

#28 Edited by Charan_ (1400 posts) - - Show Bio

It was meh at best IMO.

Avatar image for infantfinite128
#29 Posted by infantfinite128 (5718 posts) - - Show Bio

It might be my second favorite MCU movie.

Avatar image for thespartanb345t
#30 Posted by TheSpartanB345T (3950 posts) - - Show Bio

Not the greatest film, but it is definitely overhated.

#31 Edited by Lord_Titan_ (2544 posts) - - Show Bio

Not as good as its second predecessor (as the gross often acts as a false statistic) but its still better than iron man 2

#32 Posted by Outside_85 (23518 posts) - - Show Bio

I still maintain it had a stupid plot twist, and possibly the worst example of Marvel longstanding villain problem.

Other than that it's just hunkering down on the stuff that works for Iron Man movies, the jokes, RDJ, some stuff blowing up.

#33 Posted by rahiem9123 (1547 posts) - - Show Bio

@jedixman said:

It's the most useless MCU movie. It adds nothing, and any storyline introduced in it are done away with in the following movie.

#34 Edited by ZhangThong12 (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@spicedrum:

@spicedrum said:

Complaints people have about Iron Man besides Mandarin:

1. The inconsistent tone. (Tony Stark makes a joke one minute after he saw Pepper fall to her death into fire explosion.)

2. The kid.

3. The main villain, who's not all that good.

4. The incoherency of the plot, which can't decide whether it wants to be an action schlock or some sort of character-driven piece. (The whole Extremis subplot was done very poorly and I don't see any reason why it was included in the script, since it's unrelated to Tony Stark and it would make more sense if it was his technology that was used to cause bad instead.)

5. The stupid finale that contradicts the core theme of the movie. (If the point of the movie was to show Tony Stark being capable of being a hero without his suits, isn't it stupid to end your movie with an action scene where he calls hundreds of different suits that help him to defeat the bad guy?)

Avatar image for deactivated-5a6e225c194f8
#35 Posted by deactivated-5a6e225c194f8 (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@hyiena said:

I like it it's very rewatchable.

#36 Edited by the_stegman (40136 posts) - - Show Bio

To this day it is the worst MCU movie I've ever seen, and one of the worst CBMs period.

Every emotional or deep moment they try to build is immediately short changed for a joke.

Tony is an unlikable A hole. One who mocks children and fans of his, one who gives a terrorist his home address and threatens him on international tv but is still caught with his pants down when the terrorist terrorizes him.

They use that stupid break away armor gag way too much

Mandarin....

The target audience...kid in it is useless

Super Pepper at the end...really?

Two useless after credit scenes.

#37 Posted by SpicedRum (229 posts) - - Show Bio

@zhangthong12: Thank you, all fair points though I didn't mind the kid as it added a new aspect, a sort of sentimental side to Tony IMO

#38 Posted by Mrnoital (7971 posts) - - Show Bio

To this day it is the worst MCU movie I've ever seen, and one of the worst CBMs period.

Every emotional or deep moment they try to build is immediately short changed for a joke.

Tony is an unlikable A hole. One who mocks children and fans of his, one who gives a terrorist his home address and threatens him on international tv but is still caught with his pants down when the terrorist terrorizes him.

They use that stupid break away armor gag way too much

Mandarin....

The target audience...kid in it is useless

Super Pepper at the end...really?

Two useless after credit scenes.

probably the thing that annoys me most, is how Guardians of the Galaxy was the movie coming right after

and if they went with alien tech rings(like they should have) then it would have been the perfect introduction of other alien tech and how it can even beat Ironmans best suits if used right

Avatar image for deactivated-5a84a212043e5
#39 Posted by deactivated-5a84a212043e5 (2790 posts) - - Show Bio

It was okay, wasted potential imo.

#40 Posted by aj293 (16 posts) - - Show Bio

It didn't live up to its potential, but it was alright.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
#41 Posted by TheAmazingSpidey (17508 posts) - - Show Bio

I love Iron Man 3. The hate is totally unwarranted.