Overpowered abilities superhero/villian could use better?

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By red_ruby_petal

Can be from anime, comics, etc. Whatever a hero or villian wouldn't often use whenever they can to make things a lot easier.

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

So you're asking overpowered abilities that a hero or villain frequently doesn't use even tho it could make things easier?

My obvious choice is Charles Xavier but I can understand his hesitation with that power.

But the main one is anyone from D.C. That displays impossibly ridiculous feats of speed

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So you're asking overpowered abilities that a hero or villain frequently doesn't use even tho it could make things easier?

My obvious choice is Charles Xavier but I can understand his hesitation with that power.

But the main one is anyone from D.C. That displays impossibly ridiculous feats of speed

well speedsters or heroes in general in the DC universe actually have , you know ummm .......morals?

red_ruby_petal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: Moral's hold back speedster's? In what way exactly? Hands and feet, they can utilize a lot of things because they aren't limited to weapons. I can see wolverine needing to hold back because his only weapon would be sharp claws. You know what I mean right?

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theCrazyBean

Speedsters is the obvious answer but there are other guys who use their powers in dumb ways.

People with TK should be able to kill anyone. Just make a bubble of air go into someone's brain or heart, or cause an aneurysm, or stop the heart of your enemies. And there you go, you just killed Magneto or Wonder woman, or maybe even Superman. But no, those guys throw a building at Wolverine, or a car to Batman rather than creating a simple embolism. Smh

TheVivas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every single one of the Spriggan's abilities in FT.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: Moral's hold back speedster's? In what way exactly? Hands and feet, they can utilize a lot of things because they aren't limited to weapons. I can see wolverine needing to hold back because his only weapon would be sharp claws. You know what I mean right?

it was explained a while ago by writers , almost every speedster who is hero could literally end every battle within milliseconds if they didn't have morals , a lot could vibrate your organs , and vibrate your ones till every single on breaks , vibrate their fingers to act like a bullet and hit them in the head , suck all the air our their lungs , there are endless ways speedsters can kill but b/c most (keyword most) believe in not using those tactics

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Speedsters is the obvious answer but there are other guys who use their powers in dumb ways.

People with TK should be able to kill anyone. Just make a bubble of air go into someone's brain or heart, or cause an aneurysm, or stop the heart of your enemies. And there you go, you just killed Magneto or Wonder woman, or maybe even Superman. But no, those guys throw a building at Wolverine, or a car to Batman rather than creating a simple embolism. Smh

wonder woman and magneto are immune to TK lmfaoooo and superman has a slight immunity , same with wolverine

mimisalome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mimisalome

Access to information which could mean both ways: unfair advantage in accessing intelligence and ability to deny opponents with information.

Most of the time OP characters are caught by surprise, or had become unaware that the situations around them are becoming more and more complex.

On the other hand OP characters would tend to become more involved in a situations almost revealing and demonstrating all of their abilities, when they can easily use underpower but none-the-less sufficiently effective enough proxies to handle the situations.

Both of these disposition give their antagonists some opportunities to gain preventable advantages even cause irreversible harm.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: she doesn't have tk resist feats in rebirth that I can think of, but yeah, she probably has some resistance to tk.

You are right about Magneto though, but iirc Supes and wolverine have been thrown around with tk, they can resist it a little bit (specially supes), but if they can be thrown away with tk then causing an aneurysm or embolism should be easier since the TK user doesn't have to move their whole bodies but just affect a tiny part.

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: she doesn't have tk resist feats in rebirth that I can think of, but yeah, she probably has some resistance to tk.

You are right about Magneto though, but iirc Supes and wolverine have been thrown around with tk, they can resist it a little bit (specially supes), but if they can be thrown away with tk then causing an aneurysm or embolism should be easier since the TK user doesn't have to move their whole bodies but just affect a tiny part.

wolverine's mind is so badly damaged , nobody wants to TK in there and causing brain damage to him is useless since he heals just as fast as an aneurysm happens

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14 JediXMan  Moderator

Superman's heat vision. That thing is insanely powerful and he doesn't use it offensively nearly enough.

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sue's force fields.

Honestly, I haven't seen her using her invisibility to its full potential in a while either.

DeathHero61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thevivas said:

Every single one of the Spriggan's abilities in FT.

theCrazyBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: "wolverine's mind is so badly damaged , nobody wants to TK in there"

Isn't that TP? I'm talking about TK

You have a good point about he healing fast, but that should slow him down a little bit

darkonast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

Superman's heat vision. That thing is insanely powerful and he doesn't use it offensively nearly enough.

he has morals , he has stated he refuses to use it to its full abilities because it can destroy someone to dust if he wanted to

Wakel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superspeed: As previously mentioned, some of the feats speedsters do should basically make the untouchable. Unless by planet bust (etc.)

TP: Could theoretically end any fight. Depending on the character of course, but super strength shouldn't mean super brain strength or whatever nonsense prevents people like Superman from not being TP'd.

Reality Warping: Maybe I'm reading the wrong comics, but I don't see it used definitively enough.

Time manipulation: Speaks for itself.

Sentry: Some of this guy's feats are absurd, yet he still gets beat by a nuke or whatever it was.

Omnipotence: Never truly omnipotent.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20 JediXMan  Moderator

@jedixman said:

he has morals , he has stated he refuses to use it to its full abilities because it can destroy someone to dust if he wanted to

Morals can be attributed to every power that characters refuse to use, which is the point of the thread.

GXrevs06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By GXrevs06

@jedixman: What I hate about Superman's HV is that it's damage output/DC is so inconsistent. His HV on

@red_ruby_petal said:

@darkonast: Moral's hold back speedster's? In what way exactly? Hands and feet, they can utilize a lot of things because they aren't limited to weapons.

A bloodlusted Speedster could literally insta-end practically any fight. Here is skirmish between a bloodlusted Barry and Thawne.

This is why they have to be nerfed.

greenarrow5476

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By greenarrow5476

Logically Speedsters should be able to end a fight in the blink of an eye like that guy above showed. other Speedsters like

Wally West have some ridiculously powerful abilities like Speed Steal IMP etc... realistically they should win almost any fight.

GIliad_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

J'onn and telepathy

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jedixman said:

heat vision would kill most of the foes he faces. likes of casual street levels and between planet level durability would not survive it. so morals on superman wouldnt use heat vision.

Avatar image for supermanforever
Supermanforever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Superman visual capabilities. You could do alot of crap with having ability of seeing electromagnetic spectrum. In battle and out of it. It was used in all star a bit and it was amazing

ChildoftheAtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkonast: flash has been shown to move tens of thousands of people out of a city as a nuke is going off in the center so within maybe 3 seconds. Saving....everyone. Time is standing still and he was able to move these people without hurting anyone. if he wasn't lazy he would just patrol a continent a day saving lives. That's having morals. He doesn't have to vibrate people's hearts out just rope em up or something. He's got all the time in the world.

Gotoucanario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gotoucanario

Buggy the Clown should divide himself into little pieces and kill his enemies from inside.

Avatar image for deactivated-597fe3e7af56f
deactivated-597fe3e7af56f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gremmy and reality warping.