Our own comics?

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nelomaxwell

This is a topic I'm particularly interested in seeing as I am a comic book writer who has aspirations of starting his own universe and eventually company with friends. I was wondering if anyone was writing their own stuff, and if so what are your plans? I don't mean like story lines I'm referring to production

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By gunswordfist

Hey an Afro Samurai fan!

Anyway, I only know one guy who is going to get his comic released and he's not even on this site.

Nelomaxwell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nelomaxwell

Hey dude. Yeah I'm a fan Resurrection's gonna be epic. And that blows you'd think more people on here would be into doing comics?

RedGhostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RedGhostman

Well, I'm an artist as well. So I plan to write and illustrate my comic. Once I have a full issue, I'll make copies, sell them to a local store, see how they sell. If it does well, then I'll send it to a publisher, see what happens.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By gunswordfist
Nelomaxwell said:
"Hey dude. Yeah I'm a fan Resurrection's gonna be epic. And that blows you'd think more people on here would be into doing comics?"

Oh yeah...I had a strange dream about Afro Samurai Resurrection last night. It had Lucy Liu's character constantly returning to fight Afro. She first had some weird black scroll over her face and started breathing fire (I think she was on a boat or something) and in the second fight she had small wings on her shoulders and start flying around. Weird... I guess that's me worrying about if Resurrection is going to be great enough in just 2 hours.

Anyway, I have no clue how many people are getting their comics published on here but I suspect it's not that many. I would love to hear some stories about who's getting their comics put on shelves amd how'd they do it.
Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Editman
Nelomaxwell said:
"This is a topic I'm particularly interested in seeing as I am a comic book writer who has aspirations of starting his own universe and eventually company with friends. I was wondering if anyone was writing their own stuff, and if so what are your plans? I don't mean like story lines I'm referring to production"
I'm Writing My own stuff and a few of my friends are helping me as well, our system is pretty elaborate though, Good luck man
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By gunswordfist
RedGhostman said:
"Well, I'm an artist as well. So I plan to write and illustrate my comic. Once I have a full issue, I'll make copies, sell them to a local store, see how they sell. If it does well, then I'll send it to a publisher, see what happens."

Lots of good luck to you RedGhostMan. I would love to do that one of these days. But I first got to get the skills to do my own comic and have a concept with a strong enough for me to want to spend lots of time on it. I just might turn a couple of my movie script ideas that would have to be high budget movies to work into comics.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gunswordfist
Editman said:
"Nelomaxwell said:
"This is a topic I'm particularly interested in seeing as I am a comic book writer who has aspirations of starting his own universe and eventually company with friends. I was wondering if anyone was writing their own stuff, and if so what are your plans? I don't mean like story lines I'm referring to production"
I'm Writing My own stuff and a few of my friends are helping me as well, our system is pretty elaborate though, Good luck man"

Good to see another comic creator here. Good luck to you and your friends.
Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Editman

What i learned so far is that you cant do it by yourself, I had a team of 15 people Now i only have 5 and were efficient. What you should do is finish a full comic and get some type of blogspot or a .com and display your work there, Also conventions and even comic vine is a great way to get your stuff out there, Me and my friends have a comic in production know and we'll see how that goes if not then it's back to the drawling board.

Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Editman
gunswordfist said:
"Editman said:
"Nelomaxwell said:
I'm Writing My own stuff and a few of my friends are helping me as well, our system is pretty elaborate though, Good luck man"

Good to see another comic creator here. Good luck to you and your friends."
Thanks
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gunswordfist
Editman said:
"What i learned so far is that you cant do it by yourself, I had a team of 15 people Now i only have 5 and were efficient. What you should do is finish a full comic and get some type of blogspot or a .com and display your work there, Also conventions and even comic vine is a great way to get your stuff out there, Me and my friends have a comic in production know and we'll see how that goes if not then it's back to the drawling board."

Well I'm still going to try to do it myself. lol So do you have your own blogspot or whatever?
Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Editman

Not really, I have a separate my space for it but nothing's up yet, Cant do anything until the artist finish with the scans, at this point me and the other writers are just getting the stories in top shape

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gunswordfist
Editman said:
"Not really, I have a separate my space for it but nothing's up yet, Cant do anything until the artist finish with the scans, at this point me and the other writers are just getting the stories in top shape"

So how does you guys writing collaboration go? Any good way to give out creative criticism?
Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Editman

Well like i have my own character's i created for the comic and my friend has some sh!t!, so when writing will just let the other read and add what they think should be added, and if we don't agree on what should or shouldn't be in the comic we tend to ask an outside source which angle they like better, I haven't had to many huge arguments over Writing for characters.

But i think just coming out and telling the person about how you think the writing could be changed and What could be better helps out in the long run for real.
But i need to get another writer because i just lost two. LOL

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gunswordfist
Editman said:
"Well like i have my own character's i created for the comic and my friend has some sh!t!, so when writing will just let the other read and add what they think should be added, and if we don't agree on what should or shouldn't be in the comic we tend to ask an outside source which angle they like better, I haven't had to many huge arguments over Writing for characters.

But i think just coming out and telling the person about how you think the writing could be changed and What could be better helps out in the long run for real.
But i need to get another writer because i just lost two. LOL"
lol Losing writers is the main reason I don't want to do any collaborations.
Editman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Editman

LOL yeah and it sucks because they were my best writers lol.

Oh well if all else fails i'll just sell the ideas seeing as though there already copyrighted.

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By gunswordfist
Editman said:
"LOL yeah and it sucks because they were my best writers lol.

Oh well if all else fails i'll just sell the ideas seeing as though there already copyrighted."

I'd hate to sell my ideas. The second thing I'd be in it is for the money. The first is to see my vision be materialized. And it does suck to have your best writers leave. lol
Isabella Swan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Isabella Swan
Nelomaxwell said:
I attempted to put together a comic company last year for everyone to get involved with here. But it didn't work out.
gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By gunswordfist
Isabella Swan said:
"Nelomaxwell said:
I attempted to put together a comic company last year for everyone to get involved with here. But it didn't work out."

That's a semi-dream of mine. I'd love to have my own Image Comics (I hear that the character's creators get to keep the rights to their characters and I'd love to have a company that had characters as cool as Spawn and Savage Dragon in their lineup) Web comics might be an option. IDK
Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20  Edited By Constantine
hmmm I remember the first time we thought of this.. we were getting so close, but yet so far
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By gmanfromheck
Inferiorego is a writer.  You should send him a pm.  He's actually worked on a comic and was planning on uploading it here.
Lunacyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Lunacyde  Moderator

It takes a lot more time and resources than a lot of people here have is the problem...I know a ton of people who would love to but its so hard to get it to all pan out.

BrainDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By BrainDawg

I'm not a creator myself but i've always enjoyed the fantasy of being one =]
Out of interest in your work tho, what genres are you working in, or if its more eclectic, what influences do you have?

gunswordfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gunswordfist
G-Man said:
"Inferiorego is a writer.  You should send him a pm.  He's actually worked on a comic and was planning on uploading it here."
Man that's cool.Lunacyde said:
"It takes a lot more time and resources than a lot of people here have is the problem...I know a ton of people who would love to but its so hard to get it to all pan out."

I remember I tried that on my forum...man that didn't work out. lol